|This article is about a/an Gurongi in Kamen Rider Kuuga.|
Zu-Gooma-Gu (ズ･ゴオマ･グ Zu Gōma Gu) is a vampire-bat Gurongi who is a member of the Zu Group. He is given the codenames Unidentified Life Form #3 (未確認生命体第３号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Sangō) and B2 (Ｂ群２号 Bīgun Nigō).
Kamen Rider Kuuga
- "You've become Kuuga!"
- ―Gooma, upon witnessing Yusuke's transformation into Kuuga Mighty Form[src]
Among the first Gurongi to appear in Nagano, the photosensitive Gooma commits vampirism on five humans in a single night until sunrise where he murders the preacher Father Jose and dons his attire to use the Church as a base of operations. He managed to overpower Kuuga until being driven away by the headlights of a police car. When Ichijo uncovered the truth, he battles Gooma as the church is set on fire and Yusuke assumes Mighty Form for the first time.
However, though he had the advantage with Zu-Gumun-Ba's aid, Gooma retreats when dawn occurs. Later donning a black trench coat and fedora to protect himself from direct sunlight, Gooma was temporarily removed from the game as a result of the Zu losing the right to play and becomes Ra-Baruba-De's underling. However, flying from Tokyo to the site of Gurongi burial grounds in Nagano, Gooma found a discarded piece of N-Daguva-Zeba's body and had the item refined before using it on himself to evolve to a state where he can now resist sunlight and assume Strengthened Form.
But the evolution increased Gooma's blood-lust as he actually attacks Baruba to force Daguva's location out of her with the intent to kill Daguva and get all his power. But when Go-Gadoru-Ba overwhelms him to cover Baruba's escape, Gooma is forced to retreat as the final stages of his evolution take effect. Now able to assume his Ultimate Form, Gooma goes on a killing spree in Chiba to slaughter as many people as he could before Daguva comes for him. But Kuuga arrives to fight him in Titan Form as Ichijo uses a device specially made to disrupt Gooma's via sound waves.But Gooma manages to destroys the device and was about to kill Kuuga when Daguva finally arrives. He runs off to fight Daguva, only to be slaughtered by him with his corpse found by Yusuke and Ichijo as it is taken for medical analysis, leading to the development of the Nerve-Breaking Bullets.
Movie War 2010
Zu-Gooma-Gu, in his final form, was revived as part of the Dai-Shocker remnant, Super Shocker. He was part of the group led by Oberst Zol who witnessed the revival of the Super Crisis Fortress. When a newly revived Tsukasa, Natsumi, Yusuke, and Kaito arrived, he fought Decade with the Gecko Imagin until Diend finished him with his Final Attack Ride in an exchange finisher.
Kamen Rider Fourze
Gooma, in Ultimate Form, was one of a trio of Gurongi (with Zu-Zain-Da and Me-Badjisu-Ba) who were seen fighting Kuuga in new video footage that Tomoko Nozama found on the internet, along with other clips of past Kamen Riders, who are now known as urban legends.
Kamen Rider Wizard
Video game appearances
Kamen Rider Kuuga video game
Zu-Gooma-Gu appears as a playable character in the Kamen Rider Kuuga video game.
Kamen Rider Agito & Kuuga Wild Battle
Zu-Gooma-Gu is one of eight Gurongi who are playable in the Fighting, Training, and Survival Modes of Kamen Rider Agito & Kuuga Wild Battle.
Gooma's original form. It has a weakness to light, forcing it to only operate during the night.
Appearances: Kuuga Episodes 2, 7, 21-22
Using a piece of Davuba's body, Gooma advanced into Strengthened Form (強化体 Kyōkatai). In his sun-resistant state, Gooma's skin is darkened and he grows long brown hair.
Appearances: Kuuga Episodes 36-38
His most dangerous form, Ultimate Form (究極体 Kyūkyokutai) gives Gooma an light armored body with his long hair turning white. In addition to flight and vampiric bites of his previous forms he could also regenerate from grievous wounds.
Appearances: Kuuga Episodes 38-39
- His name is derived from the Japanese word for "bat" (蝙蝠 Kōmori), as well as opportunist, whom this character is.
- If written in kanji, Gooma's name translates as "Strong Demon" (強魔 Gōma). This is in direct referment to his eventual evolution from his Normal Form into his Ultimate Form.
- The head of Gooma's costume would later be modified to become the head of the Beelzebub Phantom in Kamen Rider Wizard.
- Zu-Gooma-Gu being a bat Gurongi and the second Gurongi to appear mirrors Bat Man, the bat Shocker kaijin and the second kaijin to be fought by the original Kamen Rider, being the second kaijin of the first show of the original era just as Zu-Gooma-Gu is the second kaijin of the first show of the revival era.
- As Gooma used a piece of Daguva's body, his Ultimate Form's enhancements rather fittingly display elements of both the latter and Kuuga's Ultimate Form, with the shoulder spikes being similar to Kuuga's and Daguva's, markings similar to those on Ultimate Kuuga's armor, and white hair possibly as a nod to Daguva's white armor.
|Kamen Rider Kuuga|
|Riku - Yusuke Godai|
|Arcle | Gouram | TryChaser 2000 | BeatChaser 2000|
Tokyo Police Department
|Kaoru Ichijo - Hikari Enokida - Sadao Matsukura - Morimichi Sugita - Tsuyoshi Sakurai - Nozomi Sasayama|
Other allies and characters
|Sakurako Sawatari | Minori Godai | Shuichi Tsubaki | Tamasaburo Kazari | Nana Asahina | Jean Michel Sorrel | Mika Natsume | Shoji Kanzaki | Junichi Chono|
|View • [Edit]|