|This article is about a/an movie in Kamen Rider Zero-One .|
|WARNING: This series contains scenes of blood, gun violence, and murder. Viewer discretion is advised!|
Zero-One Others: Kamen Rider MetsubouJinrai (ゼロワン Others 仮面ライダー滅亡迅雷 Zerowan Azāzu: Kamen Raidā Metsuboujinrai) is a Japanese superhero film that serves as the first installment of the Zero-One Others series of V-Cinema films set within the continuity of Kamen Rider Zero-One. It focuses on the members of MetsubouJinrai.net as they attempt to rescue Jin from Lyon Arkland, who wishes to weaponize the Humagear into a devastating military force.
The catchphrase for the film is To fight for justice, freedom, and dreams, the holy war begins. (正義, 自由, 夢のため、いざ聖戦の時 Seigi, jiyū, yume no tame, iza seisen no toki)
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Plot
- 3 Continuity and Placement
- 4 Characters
- 5 Cast
- 6 Forms and Collectibles Used
- 7 Music
- 8 Release
- 9 Errors
- 10 Notes
- 11 External Links
- 12 References
ZAIA Enterprise CEO Lyon Arkland has taken away Jin from Metsuboujinrai.net. A large number of soldier-type Humagears "Sold" were seen by Naki and Ikazuchi while rescuing Jin. The intention of Lyon Arkland was to mass-produce "Sold" and sell them as weapons all over the world. Jin is indignant at the fact that Humagears are about to be used as a weapon, and tells the other members of Metsuboujinrai.net that he wants to free the "Solds". Four people who transform into Kamen Riders will fight to release the "Solds". However, something unexpected happened... What happened to Jin, who was captured by Lyon? According to Lyon's plan, the being that poses the "greatest threat" to humankind is about to be born in a surprising way.
At ZAIA Enterprise's USA Headquarters, Lyon Arkland discusses with other corporate officials of ZAIA in a conference call on the recent events regarding the Ark and the actions of both Gai Amatsu and Williamson Yotagaki. Despite the other foreign officials' concerns, Arkland is determined to bring Product Sold to fruition, and adjourns the meeting. From a distance, Azu approaches him and gifts him a Zero-One Driver, declaring him the next successor of the Ark. Arkland then announces his intention to travel to Japan and continue his work.
Back in Japan, it is reported on the news that Hiden Intelligence was building a new global operations system in space, known as We'Re, in a project led by Aruto Hiden. After turning off the news, Jin waters a plant and wants to consider having a more normal life as he feels that the Ark won't return. Horobi is skeptical, but doesn't discourage Jin from the mindset.
Jin takes the plant he watered and goes outside to plant it, however he is ambushed by Arkland and both Sold9 and Sold20, who reveals that Jin was Sold0, the first in Arkland's Sold Project. Refusing to go with them, the two Sold Humagear transform into Sold Magia, while Arkland transforms into Kamen Rider Zaia, and attack Jin. Horobi arrives and saves Jin, giving him his Slashriser, and they both transform in retaliation. However, Arkland manages to defeat both Jin and Horobi, and takes Jin away. Horobi, with his leg damaged, cries in distraught.
As Arkland returns to ZAIA Japan's headquarters, Gai confronts Arkland and demands an explanation on why his Thousandriver was taken and Yotogaki's sudden dismissal. Arkland gives extremely vague responses and refuses to answer any further. Arkland goes down underground to meet Azu, where they had Jin bound. Azu reveals that Arkland was the namesake of the Ark, and was one of the consultants in its creation. Arkland also reveals that Jin was rebuilt after his first defeat as part of the Sold Project, connecting him to the Massbrain A.I. System in the process. The Massbrain System, which removes all free will from Humagears connected to it, blocks Jin's exit. Arkland also reveals that Humagears are best used as expendable soldiers, which angers Jin as he tries to call out to Sold9 and Sold20.
Back at the Metsuboujinrai.net headquarters, Horobi receives repair treatment from Naki and Ikazuchi, who both had received permission to take time off from work. Horobi updates the two on Jin's status and tracks him using a GPS they had on him. When they arrive at Jin's location, they rescue him from his shackles and are met with an audience. Horobi is suspicious of why the security was so light, and Arkland reveals that it was to lure the MBJR.net members in, and ultimately connect them to the Massbrain System. Disgusted by the concept, the four declare their resistance. All the Solds transform into Magia, and the five Riders transform. The fight is taken outside, where Jin tries to free some of the Sold Magia to no success. However due to him having already connected to the Massbrain System, his connection with the other MBJR.net members cause them to connect as well. Despite then, the four decide to use the Massbrain System for justice, and overwrite the program. In reality, their bodies stay unconscious while their minds unite into one using the MetsubouJinrai Driver, becoming the autonomous Kamen Rider MetsubouJinrai. The Rider manages to defeat all the Sold Magia as well as Arkland, but its mind decouples back into the four MBJR.net members before it can kill Arkland. As the four wake, they are confused as to what happened and why, with Jin theorizing that what they achieved was more than what the Massbrain System could handle. Azu is angry that Arkland gave the Zero-One Driver to them, which he tells her that it was to further maximize ZAIA's sales by recreating the past evil of MBJR.net to fight his Sold Magia. He proceeds to reveal his disdain for the Ark that is an "obsolete evil", and has Azu executed.
The four carry Azu to the forest to let her rest. Horobi then criticizes Jin for wanting to live a normal life while wishing to kill Arkland. Jin insists on saving them as he feels that they were now family, and that Horobi, as a father, should understand. While Naki and Ikazuchi agree with Jin, Horobi walks away refusing to put human lives in danger.
Yua Yaiba holds a A.I.M.S. press conference regarding the recent sightings of MBJR.net being engaged in battle outside of ZAIA Japan HQ, and announces an ongoing investigation was being conducted. Suddenly, Arkland arrives at the conference room, and antagonizes MBJR.net on camera, regarding them as a dark past of Hiden Intelligence. Yua claims that the four members have hearts and can be beneficial to humanity, but Arkland argues that "heart" is a clear flaw and security issue, making them vulnerable to psychological mind control. He also reveals that AIMS has a member of MBJR.net in their ranks, which Yua tries to defend. At that moment, the television network is intruded by MBJR.net, who reveal to the country of ZAIA Japan's Humgear exploitation, and plan to destroy them. With more reporters panicking, Yua promises a solution, one that Arkland knows can't be given. With MBJR.net now outed as terrorists, Arkland promises that his Sold Magia will protect the public.
Yua frantically calls the Secretary of National Defense, Shigeru Daimonji asking why AIMS was being denied deployment in the light of MBJR.net's intrusion. Daimonji informs her that the government is considering the Sold Magia for national defense purposes, which would result in less human casualty on the battlefield, and render the Kamen Riders obsolete.
Horobi, who had not participated in the broadcast intrusion, returns to the forest and reminisces on his final battle with Aruto. Isamu Fuwa, who had saw the broadcast intrusion, goes to meet Horobi at the forest, asking if there was a reason why MBJR.net was resorting to terrorism. Horobi asks Isamu if he would forgive them if MBJR.net attacked humanity, and Isamu proudly responded that he wouldn't and would fight them. Laughing off a worry, Horobi walks off.
Horobi joins the other three members of his group outside ZAIA Japan HQ. Arkland, having transformed into Kamen Rider Zaia, declares MBJR.net villains, which the group were happy to oblige. Jin activates their connection to the Massbrain Network, and the four vow that to carry out justice and protect the Humagears, this was something they had to do. Uniting their minds, Kamen Rider Metsuboujinrai materializes on the battlefield and immediately servers the Solds' connection to the Massbrain Network. From a distance, Isamu watches as Metsuboujinrai overpowers and kills Arkland. Isamu confronts the Rider, believing that its actions have crossed a line, but the Rider ignores him and proceeds to not only destroy his host bodies but also destroy ZAIA Japan. In the rubble, Isamu questions whenever the Rider was truly the MBJR he knew.
Yua reports back to Daimonji that ZAIA Japan has been destroyed, with the Secretary himself revealing that the government was going to reject ZAIA's weapons anyway. With his beliefs in humanity and not in A.I., he personally tells Yua to eliminate MBJR as Kamen Rider Valkrie.
Kamen Rider Metsuboujinrai stands over the rubble of the destroyed ZAIA Japan building, and cries out in agony.
Continuity and Placement
- Takes place after the events of Kamen Rider Zero-One: REAL×TIME. The ending of the film directly leads into the events of Zero-One Others: Kamen Rider Vulcan & Valkyrie.
|Kamen Rider Jin||Jin|
|Kamen Rider Horobi||Horobi|
|Kamen Rider Ikazuchi||Ikazuchi|
|Kamen Rider Naki||Naki|
|Kamen Rider MetsubouJinrai||MetsubouJinrai|
- Isamu Fuwa
- Yua Yaiba
- Gai Amatsu
- Aruto Hiden (photo only)
- Uchuyaro Subaru (photo only)
- Williamson Yotagaki (mentioned)
|Kamen Rider Zaia||Lyon Arkland|
|Dire Wolf Sold Magia||Sold9|
|Serval Tiger Sold Magia||Sold20|
Crushing Buffalo Sold Magia
Splashing Whale Sold Magia
Storming Penguin Sold Magia
Scouting Panda Sold Magia
|Invading Horseshoe Crab Sold Magia||Unnamed Sold|
- Jin (迅): Daisuke Nakagawa (中川 大輔 Nakagawa Daisuke)
- Horobi (滅): Syuya Sunagawa (砂川 脩弥 Sunagawa Shūya)
- Ikazuchi (雷): Daichi Yamaguchi (山口 大地 Yamaguchi Daichi)
- Naki (亡): Satsuki Nakayama (中山 咲月 Nakayama Satsuki)
- Isamu Fuwa (不破 諫 Fuwa Isamu): Ryutaro Okada (岡田 龍太郎 Okada Ryūtarō)
- Azu (アズ): Noa Tsurushima (鶴嶋 乃愛 Tsurushima Noa)
- Yua Yaiba (刃 唯阿 Yaiba Yua): Hiroe Igeta (井桁 弘恵 Igeta Hiroe)
- Gai Amatsu (天津 垓 Amatsu Gai): Nachi Sakuragi (桜木 那智 Sakuragi Nachi)
- Lyon Arkland (リオン＝アークランド Rion Ākurando): Jai West (ジェイ・ウエスト Jei Wesuto)
- Sold9 (ソルド9 Sorudo Nain): Ken Sugawara (菅原 健 Sugawara Ken)
- Sold20 (ソルド20 Sorudo Twentī): Yui Narumi (鳴海 唯 Narumi Yui)
- Sold404 (ソルド404 Sorudo Fō Ō Fō): Ami 201 (阿見 201 Ami Nīmaruichi)
- Kamen Rider MetsubouJinrai (仮面ライダー滅亡迅雷 (声) Kamen Raidā MetsubōJinrai, Voice): Maynard Plant (メイナード・プラント Meinādo Puranto), Blaise Plant (ブレイズ・プラント Bureizu Puranto)
- Shigeru Daimonji (大門寺 茂 Daimonji Shigeru): Kazuyuki Aijima (相島 一之 Aijima Kazuyuki)
- Kamen Rider Jin: Eitoku (永徳 Eitoku)
- Kamen Rider Horobi: Yasuhiko Imai (今井 靖彦 Imai Yasuhiko)
- Kamen Rider Ikazuchi: Hajime Kanzaki (神前 元 Kanzaki Hajime)
- Kamen Rider Naki: Yuichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi)
- Kamen Rider Zaia: Yuji Nakata (中田 裕士 Nakata Yūji)
- Kamen Rider MetsubouJinrai: Yuya Nawata (縄田 雄哉 Nawata Yūya)
- Dire Wolf Sold Magia: Yasunari Tsukagoshi (塚越 靖誠 Tsukagoshi Yasunari)
- Serval Tiger Sold Magia: Satoshi Fujita (藤田 慧 Fujita Satoshi)
Forms and Collectibles Used
- Key Used:
- Burning Falcon
- Sting Scorpion
- Form Used:
- Burning Falcon
- Sting Scorpion
- Key Used:
- Japanese Wolf
- Triceratops, Carnotaurus
- The film premiered in Japanese theaters on March 26, 2021.
- The film became available to watch on the Toei Tokusatsu Fan Club for an additional fee on April 16, 2021.
- The film will be released on DVD/Blu-Ray on July 14, 2021, which includes the DX Massbrain Zetsumerisekey along with the MetsubouJinrai Driver unit attachment for the DX Hiden Zero-One Driver used in the film.
- When the bodies of Metsuboujinrai.net's members are shown on the ground after their first transformation into Kamen Rider MetsubouJinrai, the distance between them is inconsistent between shots.
- When Kamen Rider MetsubouJinrai is performing the MetsubouJinrai Impact finisher, a chroma key issue causes parts of their body to be transparent.
- This is the time since Kamen Rider Drive Saga: Kamen Rider Chaser that a series' first V-Cinema focuses on Riders other than the Secondary Rider.
- It is the first Zero-One movie to not have the theme song be performed by J and Takanori Nishikawa. Instead, it is performed by MONKEY MAJIK.
- Aruto Hiden (Fumiya Takahashi) does not appear in the film, and is only seen via a photo.
- Both major Riders featured in the movie, Zaia and MetsubouJinrai, speak fluent English.
- The currently unnamed Astronaut-type Humagear that is seen in the photo with Aruto and Subari is portrayed by Yuya Nawata who also serves as suit actor for Kamen Rider MetsubouJinrai.