|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Gaim.|
- "I've finally found the qualified one who can guide us to the future."
- ―Yoko's opinion on Kaito's leadership during an-all assault over the armies of Inves[src]
Yoko Minato (湊 耀子 Minato Yōko) was one of Ryoma Sengoku's subordinates who would later become one of Kaito Kumon's faithful followers after noticing his leadership during the Helheim Invasion. As a member of Yggdrasill Corporation, she uses a Genesis Driver and the Peach Energy Lockseed to transform into Kamen Rider Marika (仮面ライダーマリカ Kamen Raidā Marika).
- 1 Personality
- 2 Character History
- 3 Post series other events
- 4 Appearances in other media
- 5 Video Game appearances
- 6 Other Game appearances
- 7 Disguises
- 8 Arms
- 9 Equipment
- 10 Behind the scenes
- 11 Notes
- 12 Appearances
- 13 References
- 14 External Links
- 15 See Also
Yoko was a quiet soul, but she had a tendency to use excessive force, as seen by beating Kaito down when he loudly got up in a rage during his talk with Ryoma Sengoku, with Kouta soon joining him.
She seemed to be loyal to Ryoma Sengoku, though this was implied to be a facade. She had some kind of personal interest in Kaito, which Ryoma notes as strange, as she usually didn't involve herself with others. After Ryoma abandons her, she revealed that her loyalty to him was surface-level and that she sees more potential in Kaito.
She had no personal interest in obtaining the Forbidden Fruit, preferring to see ambitious people like Kaito reach for its power.
Prior to the event where Yoko was recruited into Yggdrasill, she was a former spy working for a certain organization. She infiltrated Yggdrasill, getting the files from a lab computer, until she was caught by Ryoma Sengoku. Instead of Yoko trying to fight him, Ryoma gives her an offer, to work with him in Yggdrasill as his assistant and bodyguard in which she eventually accepted.
During the testing period to realize a functional Sengoku Driver, she thought highly of Takatora Kureshima and Ryoma Sengoku. However, to her confusion, Ryoma tells her to not forward the images of an higher-intellect Inves to Takatora, but to him directly, instead.
When Gaim attempts to stop Ryoji after his descent to an Inves, she along with the other Yggdrasill members transform. She spectates Sigurd as he kills Ryoji. Serving as a bodyguard for Ryoma Sengoku, she easily defeats Kouta and Kaito, both trying to escape and also take back their Drivers without Ryoma realizing. During Gaim and Baron's escape from Headquarters, under the guise of Marika, she stops Sigurd's fatal shot towards the two Armored Riders. After Mitsuzane Kureshima became the company's newest member before his first task, Minato and Ryoma were told by Sid about Mitsuzane's inner darkness, and thus reveals to be true as Sid suspected.
Yoko assists Mitsuzane, with the help of the Charmant owner, Oren and the former Beat Rider Jonouchi to retrieve the Sengoku Driver from Kouta by kidnapping his sister, Akira Kazuraba. The plan fails when Oren reveals he'd rather use a clean way of kidnapping Akira, which also sabotages Hideyasu on switching his Donguri Lockseed with a fake one when he's about to transform and torture Akira while posing as his patissier assistant. After Bravo is beaten by Gaim in Jimber Lemon Arms, she appears to fight him. As she manages to evenly match Gaim, Mitsuzane, who transformed into Ryugen shoots Marika and telling her that he will protect Kouta.
Helheim Saga & Over Lord Saga
After hearing an opinion of Kaito's new decision to fill an absolute power like the Helheim's power merging with the Earth, on the next day, Yoko informed Takatora that Sid was attacked and almost killed the day before by the same unknown assailant who somehow produced Helheim power and identity unknown, and attacked/killed most of the Kurokage Troopers if they found every single Helheim plants surround them all the sudden. In the second day of the morning, Yoko found a Helheim plant trail that ended in the dark power engineering room, where she soon learned it might be a trapped by the assailant. As she sensed the assailant is nearby, she dodge the assailant's attack, who later revealed the identity as an Armored Rider who can produce Helheim's power. Surviving the attack as Marika, she was able to fight back until the Helheim powered Armored Rider escaped, she is able to confirm both Ryoma and Takatora, the assailant's identity as an Armored Rider who can produce Helheim's power.
Yoko, along with numerous Kurokage Troopers defended a Crack from Rampant Inves. However, when Gaim also joins the fight to protect Zawame City from burning to ashes, he takes the opportunity to steal Yoko's Lockseed. Yoko, powerless, watches Kouta run off to Headquarters as he is determined to stop Yggdrasill.
During Kaito's second attempt to find the Over Lord, as he succeed and fought one of the first Over Lord to find named Demushu, yet lost due to how powerful the Over Lord is, as Yoko saved Kaito's life and tell him to stop fight and retreat, and there might be a next time Kaito and Demushu meet again.
As Ryoma decides to kick Kaito off their team after analyzing the Over Lords' data, Yoko asked him to give Kaito one more chance. Surprised at her request, Ryoma decides to give him one more chance as he gives Yoko a Genesis Driver and the Lemon Energy Lockseed. Mitsuzane enters Ryoma's office as he hasn't told Takatora about the Over Lords yet. He also told them that they could find the Over Lords easily if they follow his plan.
Later, Yoko delivers the Genesis Driver to Kaito before she leaves. In the Helheim forest, Yoko gave the location of the Over Lords to Kaito and later as Marika, she attacks Gaim, but Ryugen blocks it as she continues fighting Gaim, following Mitsuzane's plan. Overpowered by Gaim, the Armored Rider leaves as Mitsuzane was surprised that Yoko was easily defeated.
Later, an alarm is triggered, Yoko, along with Sid enters Ryoma's office as they suspect that the Over Lords made their move. As Takatora learns about the Over Lords from Kouta, Yoko, Sid, and Ryoma begin their betrayal and leave Takatora to die in the forest unprotected. However, Sid back-stabs Ryoma and Yoko as he destroys the equipment that keeps the Crack open and leaves as it starts to close. As the Over Lord, Demushu enters Zawame, Ryoma ordered Yoko to capture the Over Lord. However knowing the Kouta was there, he then ordered her and the Kurokage Troopers to eliminate him. Marika arrives just in time to stop Gaim from finishing off the Over Lord as the monster mercilessly attacks them, resulting in rendering Kouta unconscious. Before she could eliminate Kouta, Baron stops her and retreats as he told her that Kouta could help them. As the Kurokage Troopers were badly beaten by Demushu, Marika called Ryoma that they should retreat, however he still wants to capture the Over Lord for the Forbidden Fruit.
Seeing that Ryoma has become obsessed about the Forbidden Fruit, Zack and Kaito appears to aid them. Seeing the two Riders over powering the Over Lord, Yoko and the Kurokage Troopers were ordered by Ryoma to interfere and let Demushu escape. Later, she was abandoned by Ryoma when the Inves started to invade Zawame as they appeared from the tower. She receives assistance from Kaito, Zack, Oren, and Jonouchi to battle the Inves as she was amazed by Kaito's leadership.
However Demushu overpowered them all with his evolved form until they were saved when Kouta uses his new Kiwami Arms to defeat the Demushu. Yoko then cooperates with the Beat Riders as they would defend Zawame from Inves without any help from the government outside of Zawame.
Forbidden Fruit Saga
When searching for the Over Lord, Yoko tells Kouta that there should only be one that obtains the Forbidden Fruit and that he cannot beat Kaito. Before they can finish their conversation, Dyudyuonshu interferes, leaving Kouta to chase after the Over Lord.
After Kouta now realized the Zangetsu Shin he saw recently is not Takatora and siding with the Over Lord, thanks to Oren's sense on the impostor's fighting ability, Yoko soon realized from the beginning after her betrayal of Takatora that Mitsuzane took his older brother's Genesis Driver, helped Sid after he betrayed Ryoma and Minato are related to Over Lord's invasion when Ryoma recently escaped. With Mitsuzane returns to Team Gaim's garage, Yoko is about to go to Mitsuzane until he is stopped by Kaito, who noticed what Yoko realized to threaten Mitsuzane to talk to her outside in private.
Later, Kouta decides to plan on attacking the Inves in the Tower, which Yoko agrees as they also plan to is save to kidnapped civilians from the Inves. Once arriving to one of the entrance on the tower, the entrance was guarded by Inves as Kouta thinks that Mitsuzane would be needed. However Kaito and Yoko tell Kouta that he was completely manipulated by him, but he refuses to believe them until they got their cover blown by an Inves.
When Takatora survived and made it return to an infested Zawame, Yoko told him what happened when Takatora was gone and staying in Helheim for a bit, thus being forgiven by him because she was only follow orders. When Ryoma is suddenly return after Takatora disappeared again, only left is his Sengoku Driver and Melon Lockseed, most of the resistance needs to think back about Ryoma as Yoko had a feeling and tells the resistances to stay sharp that Ryoma may soon betrayed the resistance, once he got the Forbidden Fruit like how he did to Takatora.
As Ryoma returns to Zawame, he inform to the group that they can enter the tower by a secret pathway that the scientist used before, however Yoko started to sense that he might be lying. Yoko would follow the Armored Riders to the secret pathway to reach Yggdrasill tower. However, once they reach to the pathway, Ryoma forgot to turn off the security system as she, along with Kaito and Zack hold off the Suika Arms Armors and the Tulip Hoppers.
In the aftermath of the Over Lords' extinction, Yoko stays alongside Kaito, who discovers during an encounter against Inves that Kaito is dying from the wound infection caused by Redyue. She stands besides Kaito, still wanting to be by his side until the end. Her Genesis Driver is later destroyed by Ryoma when she and Kaito intend on killing Ryoma for murdering Mai. Yoko witnesses Kaito's evolution into an Over Lord and sees him easily injure Ryoma without breaking a sweat as the latter falls to his death. Yoko takes Ryoma's Genesis Driver, allowing her to become Marika once more.
She didn't get to use it for long however, as she transforms into Marika to save Kaito from a bomb Zack planted, taking the brunt of the explosion and falling to the ground from the rooftop of a skyscraper. After some heartfelt words, Yoko died from the explosive-caused trauma in Kaito's arms.
Post series other events
The Fateful Sengoku Movie Battle
She appears at the end of the movie, along with Ryoma and Takatora which they showed their respective Energy Lockseeds.
Gaim Gaiden: Zangetsu
Gaim Gaiden: Baron
Yoko briefly appeared during Baron's battle with Tyrant, giving Baron the Ringo Lockseed. She later watched Kaito from a distance as he stood next to his father's grave.
Gaim Gaiden: Duke
Yoko chased after a brainwashed staff member who was running to Ryoma's laboratory. As the staff member was about to use the blank Zakuro Lockseed as a bomb to kill Ryoma, she kicked him off, causing the staff member to fall off a window and die by the Lockseed's explosion.
Kamen Rider Ghost: Special Event
Chou Super Hero Taisen
Kamen Sentai Gorider
Maze 1: Emu, is dead?
Along with Kaito Kumon, Yoko found herself in a chapel inside a pocket dimension in the shape of an amusement park. Confronting Emu Hojo, Yoko and Kaito were met by another deceased Kamen Rider, Kaoru Kino as well as the undead Kazuma Kenzaki. Yoko followed Kaito as he, content with his death and not interested in learning why he and the other Riders were gathered, walked out of the chapel. Soon realizing that some force was preventing them from leaving the space, leading them back to the chapel, Yoko and Kaito transformed again as the Riders were confronted by the forces of Shocker. It was during this battle that Kiriya Kujo, the deceased friend of Emu Hojo, made his appearance. Convening back at the chapel, the deceased Riders realized that Emu was the odd one out with the fact that only his reflection appeared in the mirror proving that he was still alive. With Kino's suspicion that this is was Emu's scheme arising, the five deceased Riders transformed and confronted him.
Maze 2: Escape
After discovering that unlike them, Emu is alive, the other Riders become divided between those who view him as a threat and those who support him. However, when the monsters from Shocker attack again, all the Riders join forces against them, until Emu discovers the truth when one of the deceased Riders reveals his true form and intentions.
Maze 3: Gorider Forever
- "I finally fulfilled my duty to witness your destiny."
- ―Yoko's last words before sacrificing herself among with others Riders to stop Genm.[src]
Yoko and the other Riders who were cornered by Shocker decide to return to the Chapel. Emu recovers his memories, and reveals that this Kenzaki is an impostor, which leads to the intervention by the real Kazuma Kenzaki. Yoko and the others then see the fake Kazuma Kenzaki reveal himself as Kuroto Dan. Kenzaki tells Yoko and the others view that due to his arrival made him the only undead in the game world which was causing the end of this world.
Yoko appears among the other Riders on a rock terrain, he with the other riders were enraged at being used by Kuroto, so they decided working together against Kuroto Dan and the recently revived Shocker Army, she and the rest of them turned into their Rider Forms. Marika's battle against Shocker Combatants, Space Spider Man also teamed up with Baron against Kuroto, in the moment when Kuroto gives his power to Kamen Rider Genm. Kamen Rider Marika is easily defeated by these two last. In this difficult moment, Marika received from Emu a gorider's card that Marika alongside Another Agito, Blade, Baron, and Lazer use to turned into the Goriders, one with his/her respective color, Yoko now as Momo Rider uses this new power up to battle against Shocker Combatants, Hiruchameleon and Mogura-Roid, who were soon easily destroyed. Later when all of Shocker's members were destroyed, Momo Rider among the other Goriders uses the Goriders Tower to incapacitate Tometa and Genm, later using Goriders Ball to destroy Kuroto and finally use the Gorider Bazooka with Ex-Aid, which severely damaged Genm.
Yoko, now back into her Kamen Rider Marika form, listened to Genm's proposal that would bring them back to life. Baron, Marika, and Lazer reject the view, so Genm destroys himself while Kino and the other Riders (except Blade and Ex-Aid) sacrifice themselves leading Genm to a black hole thus destroying the Game World.
Appearances in other media
Super Hero Time Gaim and ToQgers
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing
Yoko as Kamen Rider Marika and her Fourze Arms are a playable characters in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing is among the vast majority of Kamen Riders that are available in this arcade game. Notably, she is shown to use the Legend Rider Lockseed to assume Fourze Arms.
Kamen Rider Break Joker
Kamen Rider Marika appears as a playable character with other Riders and monsters in Kamen Rider Break Joker.
Kamen Rider Riderbout
Kamen Rider Marika appears as a playable character with the other Heisei and Showa Kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Riderbout.
Kamen Rider Battle Rush
Kamen Rider Marika appears as a playable and support character in the video game Kamen Rider Battle Rush using Sonic Volley.
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Kamen Rider Marika is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Other Game appearances
Kamen Rider Marika Masked and Rider Form appears with other Kamen Riders and Monsters in Battle Spirits.
Like the Armored Riders and her fellow New Generation Riders, Kamen Rider Marika's forms are called Arms (アームズ Āmuzu). Her Genesis Driver announces "Soda" (ソーダ Sōda) before every transformation.
By pushing the Genesis Driver's Seaboll Compressor into the Energy Lockseed after transforming from one to two times, Marika can activate one of two finishing moves based on her current Arms form: Squash (スカッシュ Sukasshu) or Sparking (スパーキング Supākingu). In addition to the Genesis Driver's finishing moves, Marika can perform a Sonic Volley (ソニックボレー Sonikku Borē) finishing attack by inserting an Energy Lockseed into the Energy Drive Bay of her Sonic Arrow.
The Genetic Ride Wear (ゲネティックライドウェア Genetikku Raido Uēa) is Marika's default form undersuit, which is briefly seen during Marika's transformation sequence before the Armor Part attaches. However, this form is completely vulnerable to any incoming attacks when shot at directly in the suit rather than at the Arms that is descending down on the Rider.
- "Soda! Peach Energy Arms! (Arabian techno music)"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Rider Height: 198 cm
- Rider Weight: 93 kg
- Punching Power: 12.1 t
- Kicking Power: 16.0 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 27 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 5.5 seconds
Peach Energy Arms (ピーチエナジーアームズ Pīchi Enajī Āmuzu) is Marika's peach-based default form. Accessed through the Peach Energy Lockseed, this form bears the Momoc Headpiece (モモックヘッドピース Momokku Heddopīsu, lit. "Pink Headpiece") helmet with the Steering Eye (ステアリングアイ Sutearingu Ai) visor. This form debuts in episode 14.
While assuming Peach Energy Arms, Marika dons the Peach Energy Armor Part (ピーチエナジーアーマーパート Pīchi Enajī Āmā Pāto) and her Arms Weapon is the Sonic Arrow.
Compared to her fellow New Generation Riders, Marika has the weakest punches and kicks, though this is made up for by Minato's own fighting prowess. She does, however, have an advantage over them in terms of jumping height and running speed, making her the swiftest of all the New Generation Riders.
Yoko temporarily lost the ability to transform into Marika when her Genesis Driver was disabled due to Ryoma activating its kill switch. However, after Ryoma died, she took his Genesis Driver to transform again. It is unknown whether or not Marika gained a power boost as Ryoma's Genesis Driver was tweaked to be stronger than the other Genesis Drivers and had more functionalities built into it.
This Arms has two finishing attacks.
- Genesis Driver finisher:
- Unnamed Rider Slash: Marika activates the Squash function on her Genesis Driver and fuels all the energy from the Peach Energy Lockseed into her body, which is then converted into her Sonic Arrow before she slashes the target.
- Sonic Arrow finisher:
- Sonic Volley (ソニックボレー Sonikku Borē): Marika locks the Peach Energy Lockseed into the Sonic Arrow and fires a powerful arrow shot that when it hits a target traps them in a peach-shaped sphere before they are assaulted by multiple arrows being fired in a row.
Appearances: Gaim Gaiden: Duke,The Fateful Sengoku Movie Battle (off-screen) ,Gaim Episodes 14, 15, 17, Gaim Gaiden: Zangetsu, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30-33, 35, 39, 40, 44, 45, Final Stage, Special Event,Chou Super Hero Taisen, Gorider Episodes 1-3.
The Rider Arms (ライダーアームズ Raidā Āmuzu) are forms based on past Kamen Riders. Inexplicably, the New Generation Riders are capable of using the Legend Rider Lockseeds despite none of them being Class S Energy Lockseeds. All of these forms are exclusive to Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing.
- "Liquid! Fourze Arms! Seishun switch on!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
While assuming Fourze Arms, Marika dons the Fourze Armor Part (フォーゼアーマーパート Fōze Āmā Pāto) and her Arms Weapon is the Rocket Module.
- ―Momo-Rider's role call[src]
- Rider Height: 195.0 cm
- Rider Weight: 75.0 kg
- Punching Power: 55.0 t
- Kicking Power: 65.0 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 45.0 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 3.0 seconds
Momo-Rider is composed of the following parts:
- Super Antenna Antennae (超触角アンテナ Chō Shokkaku Antena) - The antennae. They can intercept communications by capturing radio waves within a 5km radius. They can contact the other Goriders or allies.
- C Eye (C・アイ C Ai) - The compound eyes. In detects heat sources and body reactions, and utilises this information to target enemies that move at high speed.
- O-Signal (O・シグナル O Shigunaru) - A small device embedded on the forehead. Notifies Aka-Rider of any enemies within a 3km radius.
- Crusher (クラッシャー Kurasshā) - The mouthplate. It can actually open up and bite down on an enemy. The fangs are extremely sharp and can easily chew through sturdy steel. The ability to open and close the Crusher has not been seen in any current media.
- Protective Clothing (防護服 Bōgo-fuku) - The entire bodysuit. It is made of special chemical fibres that can absorb shocks.
- Gorider Mantle (ゴライダーマント Goraidā Manto) - The collar-cape section. The Gorider Mantle's surface is explosion proof, reducing damage taken from behind (most likely to shield Momo-Rider from explosions that occur during introductory scenes).
- Converter Lung (コンバーターラング Konbātā Rangu) - The red chest armor. It is both flexible and durable. It takes in surrounding heat and wind energy, converting them into energy to power Momo-Rider.
- Power Amplification Gloves (パワー増幅グローブ Pawā Zōfuku Gurōbu) - The gloves. They enhances the wearer's punches via electrical stimulation.
- Power Amplification Boots (パワー増幅ブーツ Pawā Zōfuku Būtsu) - The boots. They enhance the wearer's kicks via electrical stimulation.
- Typhoon (タイフーン Taifūn) - Momo-Rider's transformation belt. By spinning the windmill device within the centre via wind energy, energy is produced, allowing transformation and deathblows.
- Energy Converter (エナージコンバーター Enāji Konbātā) - Two silver devices located on either side of the Typhoon. They store energy produced by Momo-Rider.
- Genesis Driver - Transformation device (first disabled by Professor Ryoma's self-destruct fail-safe, Yoko later took Ryoma's Genesis Driver to replace her own)
- Lockseeds - Gives access to Marika's Arms changes, depending on which lock is used
- Typhoon: Is the belt of the Goriders, which has a similar appearance to the Typhoon of the original Double Riders.
- Arms Weapons
- Rider Hurricane - Also called Gorider Ball is a finned, multicolored grenade the size and shape of an American-style football.
- Gorider Bazooka - Is a finishing weapon which was used by the team of Goriders.
Behind the scenes
Yoko Minato is portrayed by Minami Tsukui (佃井 皆美 Tsukui Minami), who previously portrayed Ashy in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger: Gaburincho of Music and the "grasshopper woman"/Hopper Dopant in Kamen Rider W.
Kamen Rider Marika's name is derived from Málika (ملكة), Arabic for "queen"
- Unlike the other Riders in Kamen Rider Gaim, Marika is not the first one in the franchise to have her respective fruit motif. The first Kamen Rider who had a peach motif is Kamen Rider Den-O's Sword Form.
- Both Riders appeared in some form in Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Gaim & Wizard: The Fateful Sengoku Movie Battle, Marika appeared in an "early-bird cameo" with fellow New Generation Riders Zangetsu Shin and Duke while Den-O Sword Form appeared in the form of Kamen Rider Bujin Den-O.
- Minami Tsukui is the first female Rider actress to perform her own stunts in-suit, and the first actor to wholly perform both in human form and in-suit since Hiroshi Fujioka as Kamen Rider 1 in the original Kamen Rider series. Other actors, such as Ryo Hayami and Kouhei Takeda, only wore their Rider suits for select scenes.
- Yuki Kubota wore his Ride Wear in Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Drive & Gaim: Movie War Full Throttle as well, but it was only for a select scene.
- Yoko is the first Female Rider in her native series following by Kohgane and Touka Akatsuki.
- However, she is the only New Generation Rider to be compared to Kohgane, both she and Touka are naturally female, while Kohgane can take on any gender or form.
- Marika is the only New Generation Rider to have her Armor match the color of her Genetic Ride Wear suit.
- Yoko's given name and proficiency in kicking matches Yoko Usami (Yellow Buster) from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.
- Yoko, along with Ryoma Sengoku, holds the record of appearing in the most Kamen Rider Gaim Gaiden installments, having appeared in Gaim Gaiden Zangetsu, Gaim Gaiden Baron, and Gaim Gaiden Duke.
- Yoko's suited appearance is a common thumbprint of Gen Urobuchi, who includes women in suits in several works he participated in, such as Saber and Maiya in Fate/Zero and Akane Tsunemori and Mayoi in Psycho-Pass.
- "TV Asahi's stats for Marika Peach Energy Arms". https://web.archive.org/web/20150106204913/http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/gaimu/rider/peachenergyarms_00.html.
- "Kamen Rider Official's page for Momo-Rider". https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/zukan/form/152.
- "仮面ライダー鎧武／ガイム 第１７話『桃のライダー、マリカ光臨！』｜東映［テレビ］". 2014-02-01. http://www.toei.co.jp/tv/gaimu/story/1203138_2163.html. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Yoko Minato on Kamen Rider Official
- Kamen Rider Marika Peach Energy Arms on Kamen Rider Official
- Momo-Rider on Kamen Rider Official
- Momotaros - Kamen Rider Den-O and the first user of Momo-Rider powers in Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Chou Super Hero Taisen.