|This article is about a/an transformation device in Kamen Rider Wizard.|
The Transformation Belt Wizardriver (変身ベルト ウィザードライバー Henshin Beruto Wizādoraibā) is Kamen Rider Wizard's transformation belt that was given to Haruto by the mysterious White Wizard, who has his own Wizardriver, the White Wizard Driver, which is identical to Wizard's except for the red trim around the Hand Author as opposed to gold, the voice tone deeper than Haruto's Wizardriver, pointed fingers, and a black strap & accents instead of silver.
The Wizardriver is composed of the following parts:
- Hand Author (ハンドオーサー Hando Ōsā) - The 'hand' of the Wizardriver. It activates the power of the Wizard Rings by radiating unique vibrations, freeing the inert magical power inside the magical stones. By switching the position of the Hand Author, the user can either transform or utilise spells.
- Grimoire Stone (グリモワールストーン Gurimowāru Sutōn) - A crystal contained within the Hand Author. When a Wizard Ring is scanned, the Grimoire Stone glows. It has an inscribed magical circle which amplifies the user's power.
- Shift Levers (シフトレバー Shifuto Rebā) - Two levers on either side of the Sealing Drum which are used to shift the position of the Hand Author.
- Spell Enchanter (スペルエンチャンター Superu Enchantā) - A magic speaker which states transformation jingles and announces spells. The Spell Enchanter removes the burden of chanting long spells in battle from the user by using encoded speech to activate magic spells.
- Sealing Drum (シーリングドラム Shīringu Doramu) - The exterior parts which protect the Grimoire Stone and other internal parts of the Wizardriver. It is made of a special alloy called Sorcerium (ソーサリウム Sōsariumu), which gives the Sealing Drum high strength to withstand external shocks as well as keep magical power from leaking.
- Active Converter (アクティブコンバーター Akutibu Konbātā) - An adjustment unit on top of the Sealing Drum which synchronises the magical power of the sun and energy from the Wizard Ring, and uses it to power the Wizardriver.
- Queldas Band (クエルダスバンド Kuerudasu Bando) - The band which allows the Wizardriver to attach itself onto a user's waist. It is made out of Sorcerium, and is refined with magic.
- Sting (スティング Sutingu) - A safety mechanism located on the two piston-like devices on either sides of the Hand Author. By discharging additional magical power outside, it prevents Wizard from running amok with overflowing magical power.
- Release Rider (リリースライダー Rirīsu Raidā) - The connection between the Wizardriver's main body and the Queldas Band. It is a release switch that forcibly removes the Wizardriver from the user in case of an emergency, cancelling transformation by severing Haruto's mana from being fed into the Driver.
The Wizardriver is the mystical device that enables Haruto Soma to unlock the powers of the Wizard Rings, allowing him to transform into Kamen Rider Wizard and perform various magical abilities. After Haruto activates the Driver with the Driver On Ring, he transforms into Kamen Rider Wizard by scanning a Transformation Ring worn on his left hand across the Grimoire Stone (グリモワールストーン Gurimowāru Sutōn) held within the Hand Author (ハンドオーサー Hando Ōsā). To initiate a spell, Haruto scans a Magic Ring worn on his right hand.
In most instances of using a magical power, the belt announces the ring's name and then "Please" (プリーズ Purīzu) through the Spell Enchanter (スペルエンチャンター Superu Enchantā) speaker. However, if a Dragon Style Ring is scanned, instead of announcing "Please" after the ring's element, the Spell Enchanter will announce "Dragon" (ドラゴン Doragon). Also, if a Magic Ring that can initiate a finishing attack is scanned, the Spell Enchanter will first announce "Chōīne" (チョーイイネ lit. "Very nice"), then the ring's name, and finally "Saikō" (サイコー lit. "The best").
Wizard can use the Shift Levers (シフトレバー Shifuto Rebā) to switch the position of the Hand Author. Every time the Hand Author's position is changed, the Spell Enchanter announces one of two standby chants.
- Left: The Shabadoobi Touch Henshin (シャバドゥビタッチヘーンシーン Shabadubi Tatchi Hēnshīn) chant allows Wizard to use the Transformation Rings to change into different Styles.
- Right: The Lupachi Magic Touch Go (ルパッチマジックタッチゴー Rupatchi Majikku Tatchi Gō) chant allows Wizard to use the Magic Rings to cast different spells.
If a Wizard Ring is scanned by a wearer whose magical energy was either misused or lost, the Spell Enchanter will announce "Error" (エラー Erā), meaning it will not be granted.
When not transformed, the Wizardriver appears as an ordinary belt with a hand-shaped buckle, though it retains the ability to utilize any Magic Ring. Interestingly, Wizard can use Beast's unique Wizard Rings simply by scanning them on the Hand Author, as demonstrated accidentally by the latter in Kamen Rider Wizard: Showtime with the Dance Ring.
Behind The Scene
The voices provider of Wizardriver is a trade secret of Toei. But some Japanese fans conjectured that they are provided by Hiroaki Hirata (平田 広明 Hirata Hiroaki), who also serves as the narrator of the series.
- The use of the word "Please" is from the old expression that "Please is the magic word", referring to education and politeness. Fittingly, the belt's design is set up so that the user appears to shake hands with it every time a Wizard Ring is scanned.
- The Wizardriver is also donned by Chisato Akita of Kamen Rider Girls, who represents Wizard in the group.
- In the belt's toy version, scanning a spell ring when the Hand Author is set to transformation mode or vice-versa will cause the Spell Enchanter to announce "Wrong side" (逆際 Gyakusai).