|This article is about a/an episode in Kamen Rider Drive.|
Why is the Devil Still Seeking Evolution? (悪魔はなぜ進化を求め続けるのか Akuma wa naze Shinka wo Motome Tsutsukeru no ka) is the thirty-eighth episode of Kamen Rider Drive. This episode marks the debut of Deadheat Mach Moerl and Heart's Super Evolution State.
This episode's broadcast was followed by the first installment of Kamen Rider Drive: Movie Roadshow Commemoration! 1 Minute Stories, produced to promote the movie Kamen Rider Drive: Surprise Future.
Drive and Heart have clashed and Heart got the upper hand. However, what he told Shinnosuke was completely unexpected. The true evil could be lying somewhere else. What will happen with this battle of destiny? Meanwhile, Medic has Cook quickly prepare the golden sauce. However, the Roidmude evades the Special Unit’s stakeout and flees with the sauce.
to be added
- Shinnosuke Tomari (泊 進ノ介 Tomari Shinnosuke): Ryoma Takeuchi (竹内 涼真 Takeuchi Ryōma)
- Kiriko Shijima (詩島 霧子 Shijima Kiriko): Rio Uchida (内田 理央 Uchida Rio)
- Chase (チェイス Cheisu): Taiko Katono (上遠野 太洸 Kotono Taiko)
- Go Shijima (詩島 剛 Shijima Gō): Yuu Inaba (稲葉 友 Inaba Yuu)
- Jun Honganji (本願寺 純 Honganji Jun): Tsurutaro Kataoka (片岡 鶴太郎 Kataoka Tsurutarō)
- Rinna Sawagami (沢神 りんな Sawagami Rinna): Rei Yoshii (吉井 怜 Yoshii Rei)
- Genpachiro Otta (追田 現八郎 Otta Genpachirō): Taira Imata (井俣 太良 Imata Taira)
- Krim Steinbelt / Drive Driver's voice (クリム・スタインベルト / ドライブドライバーの声 Kurimu Sutainberuto / Doraibu Doraibā no koe), Narration (ナレーション Narēshon): Chris Peppler (クリス・ペプラー Kurisu Pepurā)
- Heart (ハート Hāto): Tomoya Warabino (蕨野 友也 Warabino Tomoya)
- Brain (ブレン Buren, Voice): Shota Matsushima (松島 庄汰 Matsushima Shōta)
- Medic (メディック Medikku): Fumika Baba (馬場ふみか Baba Fumika)
- Tenjuro Banno (蛮野 天十郎 Banno Tenjūrō, Voice): Masakazu Morita (森田 成一 Morita Masakazu)
- Matsutaro Okumura (奥村 松太郎 Okumura Matsutarō)/Cook Roidmude: Sonrei Yoshioka (吉岡そんれい Yoshioka Sonrei)
- Miho Masukawa (増川 美穂 Masukawa Miho)/Roidmude 090: Momoka Ayukawa (鮎川 桃果 Ayukawa Momoka)
- Yu Itagaki (板垣 祐 Itagaki Yū): Shugo Nagashima (永嶋 柊吾 Nagashima Shūgo)
Shift Cars & Signal Bikes
- Car Used:
- Type Change: Shift Technic, Shift Wild, Shift Formula, Shift Tridoron, Shift Speed (once in Trailer-Hou)
- Tire Exchange: Rolling Gravity, Hooking Wrecker
- Type Used:
- Type Change: Shift Dead Heat
- Tire Exchange: Max Flare (Moerl)
- Form Used:
- Deadheat Mach, Deadheat Mach Moerl
- Tire Blending used in Type Tridoron:
- Kouji Genbar
- Bike Used:
- Form Change: Shift Dead Heat
- Signal Exchange: N/A
- Form Used:
- Deadheat Mach
- Form Change: Signal Chaser
- Form Used:
- Same in episodes 33, 34 and 43. During the battle with Cook Roidmude, when Drive reverts from Type Tridoron to Type Speed via the Trailer Big Impact, the Shift Speed car magically got on the Shift Brace, despite not seeing Drive take it out of the Trailer-Hou.
- The Dead Heat standby sound in the Mach Driver is heard even before Go puts the Signal Bike/Shift Car in.
- When Deadheat Mach activates his finisher, the 'Burst' part for the 'Full Throttle' sound is missing.
- When Deadhat Mach Moerl activates his finisher, the 'Moerl' sound after the 'Full Throttle' sound is missing.
- While as Deadheat Mach Moerl, Mach's driver strangely has Max Flare colored yellow instead of its usual orange.
- When Mach is forced to revert back from Deadheat Mach Moerl to his normal Deadheat form, we don't see Mach put the Shift Dead Heat Car in his Mach Driver nor do we see him take the Max Flare Car out of the driver.
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Shuriken Sentai Ninninger episode 21, Shinobi 21: Burn! Ninja Baseball of Dreams.
- Viewership: 5.1%
- Closing Screen Shift Car/Signal Bike
- Roidmude Count
- Answer to the episode's question:The Roidmudes want to dominate the human beings.
- As of this episode, with the deaths of 041 and 045, all Roidmudes who have Core numbers in the 40s range are eliminated.
- This is the first episode to feature Drive initiating a Tire Exchange since episode 32, which was the episode just before Type Tridoron's debut.
- All the transformation Shift Cars are used in this episode.
- This episode marks the first physical appearance of the evil version of Krim Steinbelt. He would later appear in the next episode.
- This is the last time Drive uses Shift Speed in the Trailer-Hou.
- This is the only time Drive changes from Type Technic Gravity to Type Wild
- It is also the first time Drive changes into Type Tridoron from a different form (Type Formula).
- It is also the first time Drive reverts from Type Tridoron to Type Speed.
- Final appearance of Drive Type Wild Wrecker and Type Technic Gravity.
- This also marks the last time Drive initiates a Tire Exchange in Type Wild.
- This episode marks the last time Mach initiates a Tire Exchange.
- It is also the only appearance of Deadheat Mach Moerl.
Kamen Rider Drive Volume 10 features episode 37-40: Who is Aiming for the Ultimate Taste?, Why is the Devil Still Seeking Evolution?, When Will the Whirlwind Kidnapper Attack? and Why Are the Two Genius Scientists Having a Conflict? 
Collection 4 comes with 12 episodes.