|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Kiva.|
Wataru Kurenai (紅 渡 Kurenai Wataru) is a shy young man who teams up with Kivat-bat the 3rd to fight against the Fangire race and protect humanity as Kamen Rider Kiva (仮面ライダーキバ Kamen Raidā Kiba, Masked Rider Kiva), initially because the Bloody Rose told him to "fight". He was conceived the half-human/half-Fangire child of Otoya Kurenai and the Fangire Queen Maya, inheriting the mantle of Kiva from his mother. But in time, Wataru learns of his family legacy and nature as a Fangire, as well as desiring to become someone strong like his father.
Left by Maya as a child to protect him from the retribution she would face, Wataru lived in the European-style manor that his father lived in. However, as the building has since said to be haunted, Wataru was referred to by his neighbors as Obaketaro (お化け太郎 Obaketarō, literally "Ghost Boy") for his strange appearance, later donning a mask and glasses as an adult to protect him from the "world's allergies" and using a notebook to express himself without talking. His only friend during his childhood was a boy named Taiga, who helped Wataru when he was bullied and mysteriously disappeared.
In 2008, while gathering fish bones in a third attempt to create the ultimate varnish for the ultimate violin like his father, Wataru comes across Megumi Aso, who manages to show him that his "allergies" are all in his head. He later saves her from the Horse Fangire as Kiva, countering her attempt to kill him soon after before leaving her stupefied and later saving her a second time from the Octopus Fangire.
During the events of Climax Deka, Wataru helped Ryotaro Nogami during his fight against Nega Den-O and the Nega DenLiner.
When a female lawyer named Aya Natsukawa arrives at Wataru's home with a list of the various people that Otoya had victimized with his antics, Wataru is devastated to know a side of his father his mother never told him. After meeting Keisuke Nago and getting his advice, Wataru performs acts of moral obligation for his father's sins, until he learns that Natsukawa is the Moth Fangire and Otoya's most wounded victim. Unable to fight her, Kivat is forced to summon Garulu to supplant Wataru with his feral rage in Garulu Form so Kiva can kill the Fangire.
When Nago requests that Wataru keep an eye on Megumi in his stead, he meets a young man named Noboru, who is obsessed with Megumi himself. When Noboru reveals himself to be the Sheep Fangire, Wataru learns of Nago's hatred towards Kiva. Saddened but undaunted, Wataru manages to rescue Megumi when she is captured by the Sheep Fangire, destroying him in Basshaa Form. Since the incident, Wataru took to heart what Megumi learned from her mother: the same ideology Otoya follows: "All humans are music". Eventually, Wataru is forced to lose all of Nago's respect for him when he tries to protect the Frog Fangire, Takeo Ōmura. However, Wataru did learn from Ōmura that he needs to make a violin to call his own.
It was later that Wataru meets Kengo, whose rock and roll helps him in becoming more confident in himself. Though Wataru and Kengo have separate dreams, the two promise to help the other out so that both their dreams come true. Wataru ensures his part by protecting Kengo from the Rhinoceros Fangire, accessing Dogga Form. However, Wataru's world is turned upside again when he encounters the Lion Fangire Rook, whom he met when he was suffering amnesia. However, by meeting Mami Kurasawa, a former student under his father (of which he is unaware), Wataru learns to cope with the recent Fangire events of who's evil and not by "listening to the voice in his heart."
After begrudgingly following Kengo to a fortune teller to find out who Kiva really is, Wataru loses consciousness. When he awakens, he is more confident in his abilities but has a very sarcastic attitude. It is revealed that he is possessed, albeit unknowingly, by his father Otoya as a result of the fortune teller's ritual. While using Wataru's body, although unable to maintain possession at times, Otoya teaches Megumi how to overcome her fears of using the Ixa Knuckle and she is able to help Ixa defeat the Ladybug Fangire. When Otoya finally leaves, Wataru has no recollection of what has happened under the influence of his father's spirit.
Soon after this, at a mixer that Kengo set up, Nago has a waitress named Mio fired for accidentally spilling ice cream on his shirt. Feeling sorry for her, Wataru runs after her and finds out that they have a lot in common and they start dating Megumi's help. However, when a berserk Grizzly Fangire tries to kill Mio, a rage awakens within Wataru that releases Tatsulot from Castle Doran who unleashes Kiva's full power, changing Kiva into his Emperor Form to mortally wound the Fangire. Before Mio took her leave, due to personal issues, Wataru promises Mio that he would get stronger for her. While the Fangire Hunters were being arrested, Wataru remembers Taiga and decides to help them out by him and Kengo joining the Fangire Hunters to battle the Crab Fangire until Nago altered history so that the Cicada Fangire's survival negated the Fangire Hunters' crisis. But in the aftermath of the fight against both Fangires, Nago learns that the button he gave to Maya ended up in Wataru's possession, explaining it to be an heirloom from his mother, setting up the events where Nago learns that Wataru is Kiva.
The fight's aftermath also caused a falling out between Wataru and Kengo when the latter's hand was injured to the point he could never play again and Wataru was trying to keep the truth from him out of not wanting him to worry. Later, Wataru is face to face with a fully grown Taiga, only to be devastated after learning that he and Mio are engaged. This stress, augmented by Kengo's return as the new Ixa user, causes the Bloody Rose to crack. Though he finishes repairing the violin, he realizes something is missing from the Bloody Rose. Then, Jiro appears to him, revealing to Wataru that his father's desires dwell within the violin. When ambushed by a Kukulkan while fighting the Horsefly Fangire, Kivat holds the monster at bay as Wataru plays the Bloody Rose, realizing his father's desires to protect all music. Infusing the violin with his own desire to find his own music, Kiva finally awakens into Flight Style to destroy the Kukulkan. However, this event causes the evoking of a weapon within Castle Doran, the Zanvat Sword of the previous King of the Checkmate Four.
Eventually, Jiro brings Wataru into Castle Doran to pull out the sword. When he discovers that he can't pull it out, he finds Mio running towards him until she is knocked out by the Rat Fangire. After destroying one, he is ambushed by two others before having to fight Kamen Rider Saga. Escaping, he finds Mio, who tells him that she loves him, not Taiga. Wataru becomes happy after this event until he receives an invitation to Taiga and Mio's wedding. He then appears before Mio and Taiga, defending them from more Rat Fangires, while admitting his feelings to Mio. Found by Jiro, he tries to pull out the blade again, succeeding, though the Zanvat is created to limit the sword's power when it causes his Fangire blood to surface. After a brief fight with Saga, Wataru is exposed by Mio as she is revealed as the Pearlshell Fangire with Saga reverting to Taiga. Wataru runs off in confusion and hysterics before being spirited by Jiro who helps him cope with the revelations. The next day, as he and Mio discuss this, Taiga takes them to meet Maya as Wataru recognizes her. While demanding why she left him to fend for himself, Wataru learns that he is Taiga's younger half-brother.
Although confused as to why Maya never told him about any of this, Wataru slowly accepts his true identity. Wanting to share the truth, he informs Nago that he will tell everyone in the organization that he is Kiva. When Nago arranges a gathering at a restaurant, Wataru also reveals that he is half-Fangire, shocking everyone. Despite this, Shima falsely promises to help him build a world where both Fangires and humans can coexist peacefully.
Later, Wataru is approached by Taiga, who asks him to join the Fangires, and Mio, who asks him to destroy Taiga so he can be the new King. Wataru declines both of these requests, perplexed as to why both sides cannot get along. However, Taiga is persistent in getting his friend to understand his ideology that he asks the Bishop to awaken Wataru's true Fangire powers. This causes Wataru to go berserk and attack his friends, even to the extent of nearly killing Megumi. When he finally returns to normal, he becomes so traumatized from the ordeal that he completely relapses back into a recluse and completely isolates himself within his house, refusing to fight as Kiva anymore.
Though being convinced by Kengo and Nago, it took Maya's intervention to convince Wataru to fight as Kiva again, not as a human or a Fangire but as himself, so that he'll find his own music. Taiga, enraged by Wataru's decision, gives him time to reconsider. When Shima was near-certain death, Taiga saved him by transplanting into him a bit of Fangire power. Wataru is appointed as Shima's bodyguard when this is revealed, as Nago was unable to bring himself to kill Shima. Shima then dies in combat with Taiga, enraging Wataru. They battle, and just as Kiva was about to finish Saga off, Mio steps in the way and takes the Emperor Moon Break as she is destroyed. However, finding her after the Bishop fatally wounds her, Wataru is left to think that he killed her and goes into despair with an equally distraught Taiga intent on killing him under the same impression.
But Jiro's interference allows Wataru to go back into 1986, meeting his father face to face just before he dons the mantle of Kiva. Though he originally came to keep his parents apart to negate his existence, Wataru learns that it would be pointless if Mio had never met him and the only way he could honor her is to live a strong life for her sake. He would ultimately play a pivotal role in the death of the original King before returning to 2008 after receiving his father's final words. With a stronger resolve, he charges into battle against the revived Fangires unleashed by the Bishop, saving Shizuka, Megumi, and Nago before confronting Taiga to settle things. In spite of interference, the fight ends with Wataru the winner though he refused to kill Taiga as he take his brother's place as the new King of the Fangires to everyone's shock. Taiga later demands Wataru to fight him again, having claimed to kill their mother to acquire the powers of Dark Kiva.
After their fight is interrupted by the Bishop and his new army of revived Fangires, the two Kivas and the Arms Monsters quickly defeat the Fangires, as the Bishop is destroyed by Nago as Rising Ixa. Wataru reveals that he had taken the mantle of the King for his brother's sake, shielding him from his enemies. By then, the revived Bat Fangire attacks the two brothers, defeating them easily. Wataru is thrown off of a cliff and encounters the spirit of his father near the discarded gauntlet of the original Ixa Prototype, telling Wataru that he lives on inside him and not to lose hope. With his father's encouraging words, both he and Taiga are able to defeat the Bat Fangire with a Snaking Death-Break and Emperor Moon Break combo. When Maya appears, Wataru is put at ease knowing that she was not really killed by Taiga as the two brothers are now on the same page and resume their fight to determine who will be the new King of the Checkmate Four.
Days later, just as he is about to play the violin at Nago and Megumi's wedding, a young man resembling Otoya bursts into the reception claiming to be Wataru's son Masao Kurenai from 22 years in the future. He warns his father of a new threat to humanity and shows him, Taiga, Nago, the Arms Monsters, and the rest of the reception a portal in the sky. Immediately in response to the situation, Wataru transforms into Kamen Rider Kiva Emperor Form. With his son as Kamen Rider New Kiva, Nago as Kamen Rider Ixa Rising Form, Taiga as Kamen Rider Dark Kiva, and the Arms Monsters at his side, Wataru confronts this new foe.
Kamen Rider Den-O & Kiva: Climax Deka
Ryotaro and Kazuya encounter Wataru Kurenai and Shizuka as they are suspiciously digging up items for a new violin varnish. After a small spat with U-Ryotaro and an unintentional possession of Wataru by Momotaros, Ryotaro and Kazuya locate the base of the Evil Organization after Wataru tips them off. Later Kamen Rider Kiva arrives to turn the tables as Den-O Climax Form joins him in a Double Rider Kick. The impact forces Negataros out of his Rider form. Refusing to accept defeat, Nega Den-O escapes in the Nega DenLiner with DenLiner and ZeroLiner in pursuit. Castle Doran joins the fight as all three giants destroy the Nega DenLiner, taking out Negataros for good.
Kamen Rider Kiva: King of the Castle in the Demon World
In the movie, the story begins in 2008 as the Antlion Fangire begins to feed at an exhibit room until Megumi intervened as Nago arrives to slay the monster. However, during their struggle, the Mummy Legendorga suddenly resurrects and feeds on the humans before using his power to turn the Antlion Fangire into his slave to aid him in overwhelming Nago with the Arms Monsters watching the fight. While this occurred, Wataru Kurenai starts attending a local high school at Shizuka's suggestion after a welfare officer visited him and quickly befriends Natsuki Tsukue, who tries to get Wataru to join several clubs where he fails in each one while trying to ask her if she would like to start a violin club after hearing her play, she refuses outright.
When Nago finds Sugimura, he chases the fugitive all the way to Wataru's high school and takes Natsuki hostage, but she is freed by the joint efforts of Wataru and Nago. However, the Medusa and Mummy Legendorgas appear to Sugimura's aid when he was being escorted back to jail, overpowering Ixa as Kiva arrives. They overpower the riders until another figure named Takato Shiramine appears, transforming into Kamen Rider Rey and driving the two Legendorgas off as they take Sugimura with them, waking him as their Lord.
Wataru asks the Arms Monsters permission to use Castle Doran's Time Door to go back in time to prevent Sugimura's actions. While trying to get Sakakibara to cancel her concert, he is stopped by Otoya who was convinced he was a Fangire and tries to beat him. After another attempt to talk to her, Wataru is attacked by Yuri after Otoya tells her about him as the police arrive to arrest Otoya on the impression he's the criminal. Forced to take Wataru in a stolen police car, Otoya is shocked when Wataru recognized him as his father. Wataru attempts to prove himself with his cellphone and money before he and his father are both sent to Kanto West Prison where Towa is to perform as Sugimura takes her hostage to escape. But Otoya knocks out a guard named Sanjou so he and Wataru can get out of their cell to save Towa and restrain Sugimura.
After Wataru returns to his time under the impression he succeeded, Sanjou turns out to be the Zebra Fangire that attacks Otoya before trying to kill Towa. When Wataru returns to his time, he is targeted by people under the control of the Mummy and Medusa Legendorgas, with the Gargoyle Legendorga overseeing their attack.
Otoya is enjoying the present and its perks after disguising Wataru so he wouldn't be attacked, meeting up with Shiramine before he is distracted by a young woman named Sayaka as Shiramine tells Wataru that Kiva's destruction will soon come as Sayaka reveals herself as the Medusa Legendorga.
Becoming Kiva to fight the Legendorgas, he summons Buroon Booster which he uses to destroys the Mandrake Legendorga as the Arms Monsters arrive to aid Kiva in fighting the remaining three in both their true forms and in their weapon forms. However, as his friends drive the monsters off, Kiva is attacked by Rey who reveals that he is on the Legendorgas' side as he then takes the Aso girls hostage,Rey-Kivat arrives with orders to take Wataru to the Legendorgas' castle. After knocking his father out, Wataru arrives at the castle and is brought before Sugimura, who reveals himself to be the vessel of the Legendorga Lord Arc who was defeated by the original Kiva and uses his power to force Wataru's Fangire blood to manifest into Kiva's Flight Style. Under Arc's control, Wataru is forced to have Otoya relinquish his Ixa Knuckle as Nago arrives to help, use their time-respective Ixa Knuckles to fight the Legendorgas with Otoya managing to snap his son out of Arc's spell.
Enraged, Sugimura decides to kill Wataru as they both assume their Rider Forms. While this occurred, Kiva is forced to assume Emperor Form to deal with the larger opponent, weakening him enough so he can be defeated by both of the Kurenai family Riders. However, Arc absorbs the power of the Legendorga race by sucking the eye on the moon into himself to become Legend Arc to kill them. Kiva then transforms into Emperor Form's Flight Style to fight Legend Arc in a battle across the city, until Castle Doran comes to Kiva's aid, finally allowing Kiva to perform a Rider Kick with enough force to slam Arc into the moon, leaving a gigantic crater and destroying him for good. After everything returns to normal, Otoya performs alongside his son on their violins at Wataru's school before he and Yuri return to their time. Once they left, Wataru is joined by Natsuki as the two perform a duet.
Post Series and other events
Kamen Rider Decade
555 Faces, 1 Treasure
Kamen Rider Kiva is summoned by Kamen Rider Diend, to fight against Kamen Rider Ryuga, later Diend transforming Kiva into the latter's Final Form Ride Kiva Arrow form soon after. He used Kiva Arrow's Final Attack Ride to counter Ryuga's Final Vent. Diend's final attack prevailed, seemingly destroying both Ryuga and Dragblacker.
All Riders Vs. Dai-Shocker
Kamen Rider Kiva, appears in the final battle of the movie Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, alongside the other previous Riders rescuing Decade and facing Dai-Shocker's troops.}, he joins up with the other Riders in a combined Rider Kick which destroys Dai-Shocker's castle and the alternate Shadow Moon, Nobuhiko Tsukikage. Kiva joins up with the other Riders once more in a combined attack to destroy Dai-Shocker's ultimate weapon, the giant robot, King Dark. After the battle ends, Kiva leaves the World of Decade alongside the other Riders.
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
A mishap caused by the Greeed Ankh unintentionally altered the timeline which enabled Shocker to utilize the Core Medal to create the Shocker Greeed which defeated the Double Riders and seemingly erased the legacy of the Kamen Riders from history. In 2011, after Kamen Rider New Den-O's attempt to repair the damage, he along with Kamen Rider OOO and M-Ankh awaited execution. However, it was revealed the Double Riders had their brainwashing removed by a Shocker scientist.
The Double Riders joined with New Den-O and OOO to fight Shocker's forces but were eventually defeated. When the order was given to kill everyone, V3 suddenly appeared, asserting that there were more than four riders. V3 was soon followed by all the other revived riders that came after him, including Kiva, as even though Rider's history was changed, the people's memories haven't changed.
After the riders were united, they faced off against Shocker's Great Leader. Later, when joined by a force of extra riders, Kiva and all the other riders got on their motorcycles and performed the "All Rider Break", ramming into the Rock Great Leader and defeating it once and for all.
Super Hero Taisen
Kiva, among the majority of the Kamen Riders, was caught up in the "Super Hero Taisen" incident which resulted in the Kamen Riders and Super Sentai joining forces to defeat both Dai-Shocker and Dai-Zangyack. Kiva teamed up with Tsukasa (as Decade in 1 form) and later teamed up with the Go-Ongers using the Moonbreak finisher.
The Kamen Rider Rings
- "I'm going to protect these kids!"
Kiva appears when Haruto uses a WizarDriver to summon Kamen Riders Hibiki, Kiva, Den-O, Agito, Blade and Kuuga to save themselves, but also fight off Kamen Rider Wizard and Beast, as they realize that Haruto and Nitoh are also trying to stop them. The children then use the rings in an attempt to escape the world, calling out to someone on Earth to save them. Suddenly, a young man turns around and is beckoned by the cries. A portal opens and something crashes out from it, which reveals to be a new Kamen Rider who singlehandedly destroys Amadum's followers. Wizard asks the new Kamen Rider who he is and the young man proclaims that he is called Gaim.
After Gaim introduces himself to the Riders, he is able to return to his world before Amadum appears. He then overpowered the summoned Riders, later Amadum summons all the Riders and tells him that the Rider's power are born in the World of Monsters.
Kiva appears with all the Heisei Riders when Haruto also appears, so Amadum summons all Riders to attack Haruto, but they refuse to obey his order. Tsukasa tells Amadum that they fight for freedom, besides justice. Amadum then summons other monsters to attack the Riders, so Tsukasa and Haruto transform. After defeating the monsters, Amadum forces the alternate Haruto to pray. The Riders try to stop him, but Amadum reveals his true form and manages to defeat the Riders and absorb the source of their powers (such as Haruto's rings and Tsukasa's cards). The alternate Haruto decided to stay in the World of Monsters after hearing Haruto's words as he prays to call someone. Gaim arrives as Haruto is overpowered by Amadum, also learning the meaning of being a Kamen Rider.
The Riders regain their powers as they change into their final forms to defeat Amadum with their respective Rider Kicks with Wizard and Gaim dealing the final blow with a double Rider Slash.
After he is defeated, the Rider Rings vanish as the Riders return back to their world. Tsukasa continues his travels as Haruto gives his alternate self the Infinity Ring before resuming his own journey to find a resting place for the Hope Ring.
Kamen Rider Taisen
Kiva joins the Heisei Riders in their war with the Showa Riders in Zawame City. At the climax, Kiva is one of the surviving Riders in the battle between Heisei and Showa. He is defeated by Kamen Rider #1's Rider Kick, transforming him into his Lockseed. Gaim is soon left as the last Rider standing before Ambassador Darkness of the Badan Empire reveals himself to be Ryo Murasame (Kamen Rider ZX). Together, they restore the other Riders and all 30 Kamen Riders defeat the Badan Empire.
Due to the timeline alteration caused by Shocker, Kiva became one of the brainwashed Riders in that timeline, donning the name of Shocker Rider Kiva.
Following the Rider Grand Prix in which Drive emerged victorious over Rider 3, who was promptly integrated into the Great Leader of Shocker's Rider Robo form, Kiva was among the Riders who attacked Drive while being caught in the crossfire as the Rider Robo joined the fray. Ultimately, the Double Riders 1 and 2 made their appearance having survived their apparent demise from within the Rider Robo, and broke Shocker's brainwashing on the fallen Riders, enabling all Riders to unite in a final battle against Shocker.
Unfortunately, Kiva was among the Riders whose existence was erased by the Rider Robo. This fate, however, was rendered moot when the Rider Robo was finally destroyed by Shurikenjin Tridoron, restoring Kiva's place in history.
Kamen Rider Ghost: Legendary! Riders' Souls!
Kamen Rider Ex-Aid "Tricks": Kamen Rider Genm
Despite not appearing in the web-exclusive series, Kiva and 13 Heisei Riders were the projections of the Ganbarizing Critical Strike.
Kamen Rider Build: Be The One
Among the first 18 Heisei Riders, Kiva fought against numerous monsters in a melee briefly witnessed by Sento Kiryu before being caught in the crossfire as Kamen Rider Zi-O BuildArmor used his Vortex Time Break to wipe out his enemies.
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations Forever
A young man encourages two boys to believe in the Kamen Riders, which results in him summoning Kamen Rider Kuuga. In the public, Kamen Rider Gaim and Kamen Rider Kiva appear, followed by Kamen Rider Wizard, Kamen Rider Ryuki, and Kamen Rider Agito. Kamen Rider Blade, Kamen Rider Faiz, and Kamen Rider Hibiki then follow through. Kamen Rider Kabuto, Kamen Rider Fourze, and Kamen Rider Decade arrive as well. Last but not least, Kamen Rider Drive and Kamen Rider OOO appear.
Momotaros takes over as Den-O Sword Form and makes his stand against a group of soldiers. Wataru is seen as one of the riders called upon from the crowd of people with Kouta Kazuraba and is also seen fighting together with Shouichi Tsugami.
which then all the Riders appear to help the two clear the battlefield. The Riders then charge their final Rider Kicks alongside Kuuga himself in order to defeat Tid and save Shingo. In the midst of the battle, Shingo wakes up and is met with an awe sight of all 20 Riders assembled.
2019: Heisei Oni, Reiwa Oni
Wataru is seen free-falling off an unseen platform in the dark night.
Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation
Appearances in other media
Non-canon TV appearance
Kamen Rider G
Video Game appearances
All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation and Rider Generation 2
Climax Heroes series
Kamen Rider Battride War
Kamen Rider Battride War II
Kamen Rider Kiva reappeared in Kamen Rider: Battride War II, summoned by Cinema along with the remaining Heisei Riders in order to create the "ultimate movie". Kiva's stage was based of from Kamen Rider Kiva: King of the Castle in the Demon World, with Kamen Rider Arc as his main enemy.
Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis
Kamen Rider Kiva reappeared in Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis.
Kamen Rider Kiva is a playable character alongside the other Kamen Riders.
In the novel reimagination of the TV series, Kiva is Wataru's Fangire form. With that, Kivat, Basshaa and Dogga do not exist in this story. Meanwhile, Jiro/Garulu, who is in turn, a Fangire Hunter. And Nago never befriends Wataru, who ends up as the final villain. He died after his Rider Kick collides with Wataru's kick.
U-Ryotaro and an unintentional possession of Wataru by Momotaros, Ryotaro and Kazuya locate the base of the Evil Organization after Wataru tips them off.
A man who loves music greatly, Wataru Kurenai was initially a shut-in whose only friends were Kivat-bat the 3rd and Shizuka. Having had little interaction with others, Wataru could easily become emotional, something that Kivat-bat the 3rd constantly warned against.
Although at first glance Wataru seemed weak, he is actually quite tough in his own right, managing to live on his own as a small child without any parents to take care of him. Partly due to not having a guardian though, Wataru had a slight lack of common sense, which only worsened his unpopularity. His tendency to bring odd ingredients for violin making has been the subject of ridicule by many, with even Shizuka feeling disturbed by it.
Being a pacifist, Wataru would rather not use violence to resolve a situation, opting to instead talk things out with his foes. However, this stance also caused Wataru to become something of a pushover, having difficulty turning down requests. Worse, it also made Wataru not have the courage to tell others what they need to hear, fearing they will become disheartened.
While initially distraught once learning of his true heritage, Wataru eventually learned to accept himself for who he truly is and realized that not all Fangires are evil. This also convinced him that humans and Fangires can co-exist, so long as they will it.
He also learned how to socialize more with others, being accepted by his neighbors when he faced them in a mature manner. Though he felt disheartened many times in the series, Wataru ultimately learned to believe in himself, as his father Otoya had believed in him.
Even though he is the son of Otoya and Maya, Wataru was initially not very good at fighting. While he actually has immense strength, Wataru's lack of confidence prevented him from fighting to his fullest or even doing more than six push-ups. This is first hinted when Otoya's spirit possesses Wataru's body at one point, easily defeating three thugs with no trouble. Another hint given was when Wataru first wielded the Zanbat sword and went berserk, overwhelming Jiro, Ramon, and Riki in human forms at the same time.
After defeating the Bat Fangire with his father, Wataru became more confident in himself, thus learning to better utilize his powers. Even in human form, he swiftly overpowered the revived Warthog Fangire, one of the most physically powerful Fangire introduced in the series.
It is hinted in Kamen Rider Decade that Wataru is still continuing to grow in power, seemingly managing to defeat the combined forces of Shocker combatmen, Orphonochs, Fangires and the revived Bat Fangire with help from Takumi Inui/Kamen Rider Faiz. This is noteworthy as he was originally unable to defeat the Bat Fangire alone, even with or without help from Otoya or Taiga as Kamen Rider Dark Kiva until being greatly motivated.
Kiva has multiple forms that provide him with different weapons and abilities, mostly all invoked by inserting Fuestles into Kivat's mouth. Kiva's motif is that of a vampire, with his final attacks inherited from Maya. However, unlike the Fangire King, Wataru's nature as a human-Fangire hybrid initially left him unable to fully utilize Kiva's full power with the Catena (カテナ Katena) Chains serving as restraints. Additionally, Zanbat serves as a restraint to keep the power of the Zanvat Sword from taking complete control of Wataru.
- ―Kivat's transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 6 t.
- Kicking Power: 8 t.
- Darkness Moon Break: 30 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 85 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 6.5 sec.
Kiva Form (キバフォーム Kiba Fōmu) is Kiva's base form, accessed through a bite from Kivat, whose status determines Kiva's ability in a battle. In this form, Kiva can use any of the Fuestles, allowing him to access different forms, weapons and abilities.
Kamen Rider Kiva is composed of the following parts:
- Kiva Persona (キバ・ペルソナ Kiba Perusona) - The head.
- Demon Emperor Stone (Blue Stone) (魔皇石 (碧石) Ma Ō Seki (Ao Seki)) - The blue-green jewel on the forehead. It amplifies Kiva's Demon Emperor Power (魔皇力 Maou Ri~yoku) by several to tens of times. In this world, a blue Demon Emperor Stone is much more valuable than a crimson/red Demon Emperor Stone (such as those found in Kiva's Arms Weapons). It can accumulate and amplify demonic energy and serves as a restraint to prevent the demon energy from exploding.
- Guardian Crown (ガーディアンクラウン Gādian Kuraun) - The red 'bat head'/guard plate section on the forehead that houses the Demon Emperor Stone. It serves to protect the Demon Emperor Stone. Its red coloration is due to the Demon Emperor Stone's influence.
- Crown Sonar (クラウンソナー Kuraun Sonā) - The red sections on top of the Omni Lens. Its coloring is due to the influence of the Demon Emperor Stone. This crimson crown can emit ultrasonic waves to utilize echolocation to grasp surroundings if Kiva's view is obstructed. In can collect information such as enemy position up to 5000 meters away.
- Coolant Silver (クーラントシルヴァ Kūranto Shiruvu~a) - Silver sections embedded behind the Crown Sonar. They are cooling boards that prevent the user's brain from being destroyed due to the vast amounts of demonic power amplified by the Demon Emperor Stone. It is made of Trysilvania Silver (トライシルバニア銀 Toraishirubania Gin), which has the power of silver (銀の力 gin no chikara) to suppress demonic power from exploding. It has five heat-dissipating ducts on each side of the head to cool down heat energy swirling within the hemet.
- Omni Lens (オムニレンズ Omuni Renzu) - The eyes. They are visual amplification devices that can obtain visual information at a distance of 500 meters forward and at a 220° angle. It also has an X-ray function that allows Kiva to see through 10 meter-thick steel plating. A nanoscope function is also incorporated, allowing Kiva to detect extremely small objects such as bacteria.
- Wild Nose (ワイルドノーズ Wairudo Nōzu) - An olfactory amplification device located between the eyes. It gives Kiva detection abilities equivalent to a dog's, allowing Kiva to obtain a sense of smell one million more times than a human. The Wild Nose can track a Fangire's location by sniffing out their odor and footprints.
- Omni Phone (オムニフォン Omuni Fon) - Hearing amplifiers. Its sensitivity can be raised according to the wearer's will, and if sensitivity is raised to the maximum, Kiva can discern the sound of a needle falling up to 3km away.
- Gau Crusher (ガウ・クラッシャー Gau Kurasshā) - The silver mouth plate. It is actually a set of metal tusks crafted out of sharpened Lucifer Metal (ルシファーメタル Rushifā Metaru). It has a jaw force of 1.2t and can chew through a metal ball that is about 8cm in diameter. An air purifier is installed inside to decompose and purify toxins. It also takes in and purifies all substances necessary for breathing from the surrounding air; this function even works within a vacuum state.
- Darkness Choker (ダークネス・チョーカー Dākunesu Chōkā) - The black choker device on the base of the neck area. Among monsters, a necklace that imitates a demon's face is a favorite decoration of those with power. Among lower monsters, it is said that they simply look at this ornament, meaning that it serves no real functional purpose and is just for decorative purposes.
- Bloody Lung (ブラッディラング Buraddi Rangu) - The red chest segment. It is where Kiva's power is stored. its red coloring is due to the fact that this is where the most demonic power is accumulated. It sends power to the whole body via its black blood vessels that have been branched in layers.
- King Singlet (キングシングレット Kingu Shinguretto) - The chest armor. It is a strong auxiliary armor that protects Kiva's body, and at the same time functions as a restraint to suppress potential explosion of demonic power. It is made out of Lucifer Metal and has been coated in Trysilvania Silver to further suppress demonic power.
- Ptera Plate (Shoulders) (プテラ・プレート (肩) Putera Purēto (Kata)) - The shoulder armor. They are restraints that suppress Kiva's power amplification. Kiva's power, which has been activated by Kivat and amplified by the Demon Emperor Stone, is immeasurable and could potentially cause Kiva to self-destruct. Hence the need for restraints.
- Catena (カテナ Katena) - Chains wrapped around the shoulders and the right leg. It is crafted out of Lucifer Metal and is coated with Trysilvania Silver. Furthermore, a seal has been engraved on its surface to prevent an explosion from demonic power overload. (Note: 'Catena' is Italian for 'chain'.)
- Doran Mail (ドランメイル Doran Meiru) - Kiva's bodysuit. It is a tough inner suit made from the leather of the Black Dragon Gaora Doran (ガオーラ・ドラン Gaōra Doran), and has been processed by using the same dragon's fangs. It protects the wearer from extreme weather conditions, whether it be burning hot or freezing cold. It is extremely difficult to pierce with currently existing bullets and knives.
- King's Breath (キングブレス Kingu Buresu) - Demonic power amplification bracelets located on the wrists. Red Demon Emperor Stones are embedded. The power of the stones amplifies Kiva's power several times giving Kiva superhuman strength. It has been coated with Trysilvania Silver for easier control.
- Blood Vessel (ブラッドベッセル Buraddo Besseru) - An energy flow path used to distribute Kiva's power across the whole body. By using Kivat's body as the 'core', it has the function of efficiently circulating the power of the demon throughout the whole body.
- Sylvania Knee Guards (シルバニア・ニーガード Shirubania nī Gādo) - The kneecaps. Not only do they protect Kiva's knees, but they also serve as a resistor to control the demonic power flowing into the feet.
- Hell's Gate (ヘルズゲート Heruzu Gēto) - The metal right leg restrainer. It is forged out of Trysilvania (トライシルバニア Toraishirubania). This restraint, dubbed the Gates of Hell (地獄の門 Jigoku no Mon), opens up when Kiva utilizes the Wake Up Fuestle, allowing the Catena chains to open up, fully opening Hell's Gate. When opened, it resembles bat wings, and serve to ensure that kicks from a high altitude land on targets. Its tip is made of Lucifer Metal and is as sharp as a diamond. Its insides have been dyed crimson due to the influence of the Demon Emperor Stones. It also plays the role of power release plates, diffusing and emitting any power that rebounds during impact.
- Demon's Mount (デモンズ・マウント Demonzu Maunto) - The red parts encasing the right leg. They are fixtures that hold the demon stones in place while keeping the right leg from exploding. Originally, it had a silver coloration due to it being crafted out of Trysilvania, but has been dyed red due to the influence and power of the stones. it has been designed to invoke the face of the legendary Demon King's face, which has been handed down between monsters.
- Goldie Vessel (ゴルディ・ベッセル Gorudi Besseru) - A golden Blood Vessel that flows demonic power through the Demon Emperor Stones of the air, sea, and land via bottleneck effect.
- Demon Emperor Stone of the Air (Blue Stone) (宙の魔皇石(碧石) Sora no Ma Ō Seki (Ao Seki)) - The top stone located on the upper right leg. It amplifies demonic power with the power of the cosmic spirit (宇宙の精霊 uchū no seirei). After passing through the Blood Vessel, the first area where demonic power is accumulated, demonic power is sent through the Demon Emperor Stones. From there onwards, power is amplified twice more than usual, allowing Kiva to utilize great power.
- Demon Emperor Stone of the Water (Blue Stone) (水の魔皇石(碧石) Mizu no Ma Ō Seki (Ao Seki)) - The middle stone located on the lower right leg. It receives demonic power from the Demon Emperor Stone of the Air and further amplifies it. It is said that the water spirit (水の精霊 mizu no seirei) resides in here, and with its power, the demonic energy is twice amplified. At this point, demonic energy has been amplified four times.
- Demon Emperor Stone of the Land (Blue Stone) (地の魔皇石(碧石) Chi no Ma Ō Seki (Ao Seki)) - The lowest stone located on the right foot. With the help of the land spirit (地の精霊 ji no seirei), amplified energy is amplified to the maximum. The reason for dividing the amplification process into three stages is a precaution against the possible destruction of Kiva during the process. At this point, demonic energy has been amplified by a factor of eight, giving Kiva enough energy to execute the Darkness Moon Break.
- Devil's Mouth (魔斬口 Mazankō) - The right foot. A red Demon Emperor Stone is fitted on the sole, where demonic energy flows out of during the Darkness Moon Break. By releasing energy amplified by all three Demon Emperor Stones at once, tremendous destructive power is unleashed.
- Balancer Anklets (バランサー・アンクレット Baransā Ankuretto) - The ankle armor. The right leg's Balancer Anklet is hidden within Hell's Gate. The power contained within is far greater than ordinary people. While keeping the power balance with the right leg evenly, it can deliver an explosive destructive power of about 8 tons even with a regular kick in a restrained state.
Kamen Rider Kiva has the following finishers:
- Darkness Moon Break (ダークネスムーンブレイク Dākunesu Mūn Bureiku) - By having Kivat blow the Wake Up Fuestle, the Catena chains binding the Hell's Gate (ヘルズゲート Heruzu Gēto) on Kiva's right leg break open. Kiva then performs a powerful kick with an impact of 30,000 kg, enough to leave a crater in the shape of a bat's wings (Kiva's insignia) on any surface upon contact; the glass body of a Fangire shatters almost instantly. Kiva can also perform a stronger variation of the Darkness Moon Break when engulfed in Castle Doran's fire. When the Darkness Moon Break is performed, day turns into night and a crescent moon appears in the sky.
- Bloody Punch (ブラッディーパンチ Buraddī Panchi) - Exclusive to Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride, Kiva jumps into the air and strike the opponent with a strengthened punch.
Kiva Form's ending theme is entitled "Destiny's Play".
Appearances: Kamen Rider Den-O & Kiva: Climax Deka, Kiva Episodes 1-39, 44, King of the Castle in the Demon World, Decade Episode 11,All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, Let's Go Kamen Riders, Super Hero Taisen, Wizard Episodes 52-53, Kamen Rider Taisen, Super Hero Taisen GP, Be The One, Heisei Generations FOREVER.
- "Garulu Saber!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 5 t.
- Kicking Power: 9 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 40 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 1.5 sec.
Garulu Form (ガルルフォーム Garuru Fōmu) is Kiva's form accessed from being energized by the Demon Beast-Sword Garulu Saber. In this form, the Omnilens and Kiva's chest/left arm armor turn a shade of blue called Garulu Cobalt (ガルルコバルト Garulu Kobaruto) which places Kiva under the influence of Garulu. This form's power is linked to the phases of the moon, and is at its peak when the moon is naturally full. This form's motif is that of a Wolf Man (狼男 ōkami-otoko).
Garulu Form adds the following parts:
- Cobalt Lens (コバルトレンズ Kobaruto Renzu) - The cobalt-blue eyes. Due to the influence of Garulu's power, Kiva's Omni Lens has turned blue. Garulu himself can see through the Cobalt Lens along with Kiva. Kiva can communicate his intention to the Garulu Saber via the Cobalt Lens.
- Wolfen Lung (ウルフェンラング Urufen Rangu) - The chest plate. When transforming into Garulu Form, power is siphoned from the Garulu Saber and converted into energy, causing Kiva's chest to transform and form strong muscle tissue. It boasts tremendous vital capacity and assists Kiva Garulu Form in combat.
- Wolfen Shoulder (ウルフェンショルダー Urufen Shorudā) - The left shoulder. Under the influence of Garulu's power, Kiva's left shoulder has been transformed. It has inherited the tough and flexible animal hair Garulu possesses and can withstand magnum bullets and automatic rifle shots. Even if it is severely injured, Garulu's natural healing abilities will ensure that it is repaired within 12 hours.
- Wild Arm (ワイルドアーム Wairudo Āmu) - The left arm. Due to the influence of Garulu, it is now covered with an armor plate dubbed Garulu Shield (ガルルシールド Garuru Shīrudo). Although it is slightly weaker than Kiva's arm, its muscular structure has been changed to make it more suitable for sword-handling.
- Wild Elbow (ワイルドエルボー Wairudo Erubō) - The elbow. It is Garulu's fangs that have been transformed into an elbow tip. Its hardness is comparable to Lucifer Metal, and enemies can be crushed with elbow blocks.
- Demon Emperor Stone (Blue) (魔皇石 (蒼) Ma Ō Seki (Aoi)) - Due to Garulu's power, The bracelet around Kiva's left wrist has become gold and its Demon Emperor Stone has turned blue. It functions as an amulet that prevents Garulu's power from breaking out and absorbing Kiva.
- Wolfen Claw (ウルフェンクロー Urufen Kurō) - The left hand. The fingertips have become harder and transformed into a battle claw that can slash enemies. By pushing out a sword, destructive power enough to penetrate a 30cm thick iron plate can be unleashed.
Garulu form has the following finishers:
- Garulu Howling Slash (ガルル・ハウリングスラッシュ Garuru Hauringu Surasshu) - Performed when Kivat bites down on the Garulu Saber and injects Active Force (アクティブフォース Akutibu Fōsu), which enhances its sharpness by ten. Kiva then jumps in the air and slashes down at his enemy. When it is performed, day turns to night and a full moon appears in the sky, as it references a human's transformation into a werewolf.
- Wolfen Full Moon (ウォルフェンフルムーン Worufen Furu Mūn) - Exclusive to Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride, it is a powerful slash from the Garulu Saber backed by the moon's power.
Garulu Form's ending theme is entitled "Shout in the Moonlight".
- "Basshaa Magnum!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 3 t.
- Kicking Power: 3 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 20 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 6 sec.
- Maximum Swimming Speed: 162 knots
Basshaa Form (バッシャーフォーム Basshā Fōmu) is Kiva's form accessed from the Basshaa Fuestle and granting him access to the Demon Sea Gun Basshaa Magnum. In this form, the Omnilens and Kiva's chest/right arm armor turn a shade of green called Basshaa Emerald (バッシャーエメラルド Basshā Emerarudo) which places Kiva under the influence of Basshaa.
While in this state, Kiva loses most of his strength and agility, but gains mastery of long-range combat and is able to analyze an opponent's weak point to target with accurate marksmanship. Basshaa Form can also manipulate water, able to create rain as well as a pool of water necessary to perform the finishing attacks. This form's motif is that of the Gill-man (半魚人 Hangyojin).
Basshaa Form adds the following parts:
- Emerald Lens (エメラルドレンズ Emerarudo Renzu) - The emerald-green eyes. Due to the influence of Basshaa's power, Kiva's Omni Lens has turned green. Out of Kiva's Arms Monster forms, the Emerald Lens has the highest eyesight and serves as a potent scope for shooting. It has a fisheye effect and provides a 240° angle view.
- Scale Lung (スケイルラング Sukeiru Rangu) - The chest plate. During any underwater activity, it can indefinitely take in oxygen from the water. The Scale Lung itself is modified from Basshaa's scales to make it tougher, making its toughness comparable to Lucifer Metal. Normal weapons cannot hurt the armor.
- Armor Fin (アーマーフィン Āmā Fin) - The right shoulder and forearm armor. Basshaa's sharp fins have been transformed into shoulder armor, and its toughness is the same as Kiva's Ptera Plate. In addition to defending the shoulder, its sharpness can be utilized in a shoulder attack to cut through opponents, and can even cut through steel. The Armor Fin on the forearm is just as effective and can be used as hitting weapons.
- Scale Arm (スケイルアーム Sukeiru Āmu) - The right arm. Due to the influence of Basshaa, it is now covered with an armor plate dubbed Basshaa Scale (バッシャースケイル Basshā Sukeiru). It is Basshaa's scales that have been transformed into scales so hard that no ordinary weapon can pierce it.
- Demon Emperor Stone (Green) (魔皇石 (碧) Ma Ō Seki (Aoi)) - Due to Basshaa's power, The bracelet around Kiva's right wrist has become gold and its Demon Emperor Stone has turned green. It functions as an amulet that prevents Basshaa's power from breaking out and absorbing Kiva.
- Marine Finger (マリンフィンガー Marin Fingā) - The right hand. The tips are sharp claws and can pierce a 1-meter thick iron plate without much resistance. The palm generates powerful demonic power, creating an Aqua Field (アクアフィールド Akua Fīrudo) from the atmosphere (even in spaces without moisture), and changes the environment into a watery place that advantages Basshaa Form and its fighting style.
Bashaa form has the following finishers:
- Basshaa Aqua Tornado (バッシャー・アクアトルネード Basshā Akua Torunēdo) - Performed when Kivat bites down on the Bashaa Magnum and injects Active Force (アクティブフォース Akutibu Fōsu), which allows it to generate a powerful tornado. Kiva then fires a powerful homing shot that instantly shatters enemy Fangires. When it is performed, day turns to night and a half-moon forms in the sky, as it references the change ebb and flow of the tides during its phase.
- Basshaa Finger (バッシャーフィンガー Basshā Fingā) - Exclusive to Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride, Kiva quickly pulls the trigger on the Basshaa Magnum to launch fast and powerful water projectiles.
Basshaa Form's ending theme is entitled "Innocent Trap".
- "Dogga Hammer!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 15 t.
- Dogga Thunder Slap: 35 t.
- Kicking Power: 4 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 10 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 10 sec.
Dogga Form (ドッガフォーム Dogga Fōmu) is Kiva's form accessed from the Dogga Fuestle and granting him access to the massive Demon Iron Hammer Dogga Hammer. In this form, Kiva's entire upper body gains bulky armor and the Omnilens turn a shade of violet called Dogga Purple (ドッガパープル Dogga Pāpuru), placing Kiva under Dogga's influence.
In this form, Kiva loses most of his speed but gains greater upper strength than the other basic forms, able to easily overpower a normal level Fangire. Dogga Form is able to manipulate electricity, using it as part of his finisher, the Dogga Thunder Slap. The Dogga Hammer can see through the invisibility of Fangires, thanks to the True Eye gaffed into the warhammer. This form's motif is that of the Frankenstein's monster (フランケンシュタインの人造人間 Furankenshutain no jinzō ningen).
Dogga Form adds the following parts:
- Purple Lens (パープルレンズ Pāpuru Renzu) - The purple eyes. Due to the influence of Dogga's power, Kiva's Omni Lens has turned purple. Its eyesight is almost the same as Kiva's and is inferior to other forms' eyes when it comes to speed battles.
- Iron Lung (アイアンラング Aian Rangu) - The chest plate. It is Dogga's fists that have been transformed into Lucifer Metal, and it boasts incredible strength. Additionally, any lightning energy gained from the Dogga Hammer can be accumulated and amplified inside the Iron Lung and returned to the Dogga Hammer to initiate a deathblow.
- Hammer Shoulder (ハンマーショルダー Hanmā Shorudā) - The shoulders. It is made of Lucifer Metal that has been transformed from Dogga's natural armor. it has super strength and can withstand a tank bombardment. In close combat, the Hammer Shoulders can be used as powerful hit weapons in shoulder attacks.
- Great Arm (グレートアーム Gurēto Āmu) - The arms. Influenced by Dogga's power, the arms' muscular strength has increased tenfold, allowing Kiva to wield the Dogga Hammer with ease. Thanks to its strength, the destructive power of the Dogga Hammer is comparable to Kiva's Darkness Moon Break.
- Lightning Shield (ライトニングシールド Raitoningu Shīrudo) - The gauntlets. They are made of Lucifer Metal. Along with the strength of the Great Arms, they can easily shrug off tank bombardments as if they were candy. It is not an exaggeration to say that conventional human weapons are ineffective against it.
- Demon Emperor Stone (Purple) (魔皇石 (紫) Ma Ō Seki (Murasaki))) - Golden circles on the Lightning Shields with a purple Demon Emperor Stone nestled inside. It functions as an amulet that prevents Dogga's power from breaking out and absorbing Kiva.
- Thunder Finger (サンダーフィンガー Sandā Fingā) - The hands. It inherits Dogga's grip strength and boasts the highest destructive power out of the Arms Monster Forms. The palm has a myriad of connecting organs that can absorb power from the Dogga Hammer's grip without wasting power.
- Blood Vessel (ブラッドベッセル Buraddo Besseru) - An energy flow path formed by gripping the Dogga Hammer, supplying Kiva's body with power.
Dogga form has the following finishers:
- Dogga Thunder Slap (ドッガ・サンダースラップ Dogga Sandā Surappu) - Performed when Kivat bites down on the Dogga Hammer and injects Active Force (アクティブフォース Akutibu Fōsu), which awakens the True Eye (トゥルーアイ To~urū Ai). Enemy Fangires seen by the True Eye is paralyzed, which Kiva then slams down with the Dogga Hammer to shatter them. When it is performed, day turns to night while a hazy moon and thunderbolts form in the sky, referencing how Frankenstein's monster was brought to life.
- Armor Hammer (アーマーハンマー Āmā Hanmā) - Exclusive to Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride, it is a powerful hammer strike from Kiva with his Dogga Arm.
Dogga Form's ending theme is entitled "Silent Shout".
- "Garulu Saber! Basshaa Magnum! Dogga Hammer!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 10 t.
- Kicking power: 15 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 50 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5 sec.
DoGaBaKi Form (ドガバキフォーム Dogabaki Fōmu), short for "Dogga/Garulu/Basshaa/Kiva Form" (ドッガ・ガルル・バッシャー・キバフォーム Dogga Garuru Basshā Kiba Fōmu), is Kiva's rarely seen form, accessed by the summoning of all three Arms Monsters. In this form, Kiva's left arm turns into the Garulu Arm (ガルルアーム Garuru Āmu), his right arm turns into the Basshaa Arm (バッシャーアーム Basshā Āmu), and his upper body turns into the Dogga Breast (ドッガブレスト Dogga Buresuto). In this form, Kiva can use all three Arms Monster weapons at once and the Darkness Moon Break. However, due to the danger it presents to Kiva and the Arms Monsters, Kiva can only assume this form for five minutes before its power becomes lethal to him.
DoGaBaKi Form has the following finishers:
- Darkness Moon Break (ダークネスムーンブレイク Dākunesu Mūn Bureiku) - Performing by having Kivat blow the Wake Up Fuestle, it is the same finisher as Kiva Kiva form, only more powerful as the stats have been increased.
- Gate Crasher (ゲートクラッシャー Gēto Kurasshā) - Exclusive to Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride, Kiva DoGaBaKi Form performs a powerful slash with the Garulu Saber enforced from the brute strength of DoGaBaKi Form.
- ―Tatsulot's transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 18 t.
- Kicking Power: 32 t.
- Emperor Moon Break: 150 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 180 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 3 sec.
Emperor Form (エンペラーフォーム Enperā Fōmu) is the true form of Kiva, referred to as the Golden Kiva (黄金のキバ Ōgon no Kiba) and the second most powerful form at Wataru's disposal. The fifth form accessed, the first emergence of Emperor Form comes about from the reaction to Wataru's rage from the harm coming to Mio, his girlfriend, which summoned the Demon Imperial Dragon Tatsulot to awaken the form. By pulling the switch on Tatsulot's head, Wataru can activate Tatsulot's Imperial Slot (インペリアルスロット Inperiaru Surotto) and activate one of several "Fever" finishing attacks through a roulette system. With this form, Kiva can destroy both the body and the soul of a Fangire. Because of its ability to destroy Fangire souls, Wataru has gradually abandoned using his other forms in favor of Emperor Form. Emperor Form initially appeared in promotions for Kamen Rider Kiva: King of the Castle in the Demon World at the Tokyo Toy Show 2008.
In episode 39 this form went into Emperor Form (Rampage) (エンペラーフォーム（暴走） Enperā Fōmu (Bōsō)), the Fangire influenced version of Emperor Form. When Wataru's Fangire blood is awakened by the Swallowtail Fangire he temporarily became a Fangire version of Emperor Form gaining the Fangire's signature stained glass appearance and becoming a berserker attacking friend or foe. This caused Wataru to go into isolation until encouraged to fight again.
On the album SUPERNOVA by TETRA-FANG, Emperor Form is oddly referred to as "Empire form."
Kamen Rider Kiva Emperor Form is composed of the following parts:
- Emperor Persona (エンペラー・ペルソナ Enperā Perusona) - The helmet. With a huge crescent-shaped tiara on his forehead and a mask with Kiva's original ominous face, Fangire who sees the mask will fear Kiva and lose the will to fight.
- Hell's Breast (ヘルズブレスト Heruzu Buresuto) - The chest plate. The three exposed Demon Emperor Stones are fixed onto an enlarged Demon's Mount. It has a Goldie Vessel in the center that efficiently amplifies the demonic power throughout Kiva's armor. The Demon's Mount, which is larger than it was when it was on the right leg, is used to safely control the power of Kiva. It is always open and is colored red by the mighty power of the Demon Emperor.
- Imperial Armor (インペリアルアーマー Inperiaru Āmā) - The golden armor. Lucifer metal on Kiva's body shines gold under the influence of the Demonic Power, and its defense is increased to be 5 times than normal. The material is Lucifer Metal, which is different from Lucifer Gold (a metal used for decoration that efficiently circulates the power of the Demon Emperor, which is used in Kiva Persona and Garulu Saber). Lucifer metal, which forms the Kiva armor, has the property of discoloring in response to the release of the wearer's immense Demonic Power. The armor of Kiva's armor is truly an iron wall, so robust that it can't be hurt even being in the center of a nuclear explosion.
- Bloody Wing (ブラッディウイング Buraddi Uingu) - The cape. It allows Kiva to fly high into the sky by becoming a wing when executing the "Emperor Moon Break". The amplified Demonic Power is circulated around here, causing it to be dyed bright red. The strength is comparable to Lucifer Metal due to being made of fiber that has been processed from the great dragon Castle Doran.
- Demon Emperor Stone (魔皇石 Ma Ō Seki) - The three Demon Emperor Stones: air, water, and earth which were sealed on the right leg of Kiva form, have been unsealed and moved to the center of the body. With the power of Kiva's armor that has been finally awoken, it has become possible to control the immense power of the emperor dwelling in the three monument stones that had been dangerous to open all the time. By placing it in the center of the body, it is possible to spread the enormous power of amplified Demonic Power throughout the body and even with a normal kick, it is possible to produce destructive power exceeding that of Darkness Moon Break.
- Doran Mail (ドランメイル Doran Meiru) - The undersuit that holds the power of Kiva Emperor Form is the same Doran Mail as Kiva Kiva Form, but in response to the final awakening, the blood vessel patterns fluctuate and changes into a pattern that is convenient for the flow of the amplified Demon Power.
- Goldie Shoulder (ゴルディショルダー Gorudi Shorudā) - The shoulder armor made of Lucifer's Metal, the shoulder pad has a sharp tip and has a hardness that is strong enough to cause fatal injury to the opponent just by ramming them.
- Silver Knee Claw (シルヴァ・ニークロー Shiruvu~a Nī Kurō) - A knee pad made of Lucifer Metal that protects the knee, and claw can be deployed to knee enemies.
- Lucifer's Knife (ルシファーズナイフ Rushifāzu Naifu) - The Lucifer Metal spikes on the heels that are polished to the utmost so that the steel can cut effortlessly upon touch. The finisher Emperor Moon Break is activated by pouring the Demonic Power into them and moving them to the soles. The destructive power of the finishing attack is 150t.
Emperor form has the following finishers, accessed by pulling Tatsulot's Imperial Slot (インペリアルスロット Inperiaru Surotto):
- Emperor Moon Break (エンペラームーンブレイク Enperā Mūn Bureiku) - The Lucifer's Knives on Kiva's legs transform into energy blades similar in shape to the "wings" of Kiva's insignia. With these blades, Kiva can hit with a variety of kicks, including a bicycle kick with the blades stabbing through the target multiple times, an attack sometimes preceded by a front dropkick, and a jumping roundhouse kick.
- Emperor Howling Slash (エンペラーハウリングスラッシュ Enperā Hauringu Surasshu) - Kiva summons the Garulu Saber as Tatsulot connects to the pommel. Kiva jumps into the air and performs an overhead slash attack.
- Emperor Aqua Tornado (エンペラーアクアトルネード Enperā Akua Torunēdo) - Kiva summons the Basshaa Magnum as Tatsulot connects to the barrel. Kiva propels himself into the air using the Aqua Tornado and firing several rapid shots at the enemy. This finisher was not used in the series, but was used in Kamen Rider: Battride War II.
- Emperor Thunder Slap (エンペラーサンダースラップ Enperā Sandā Surappu) - Kiva summons the Dogga Hammer as Tatsulot connects to the end of the grip. Tatsulot creating an orb of electricity that Kiva then bashes with the hammer to put a Fangire in its fragile state before smashing them.
- Final Zanvat Slash (ファイナルザンバット斬 Fainaru Zanbatto Zan) - The finisher with the Zanvat Sword. Kiva's power is focused into the Imperial Blade (インペリアルブレード Inperiaru Burēdo) and then he slashes the enemies.
Emperor Form's ending theme is "Supernova".
- "Garulu Saber! Basshaa Magnum! Dogga Hammer! Henshin!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
DoGaBaKi Emperor Form (ドガバキエンペラーフォーム Dogabaki Enperā Fōmu) is the extra final form of Kiva seen the Hyper Battle DVD, accessed by transforming into Emperor Form while in DoGaBaKi Form. In this form, Kiva has access to all three Arms Monster weapons.
This form has the following finisher, accessed by pulling Tatsulot's Imperial Slot (インペリアルスロット Inperiaru Surotto):
- DoGaBaKi Emperor Break (ドガバキエンペラーレイク Dogabaki Enperā Bureiku) - An enhanced version of the Emperor Moon Break, augmented with the power of the three Arms Monsters.
This form is exclusive to Kamen Rider Kiva: You Can Also be Kiva.
- Punching Power: 10 t.
- Kicking Power: 18 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: ∞ m (Able to fly)
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 3.4
Resulting from infusing his own desire into the Bloody Rose, Wataru's Fangire nature is triggered as Kiva transforms from Emperor Form into Flight Style (飛翔態 Hishōtai), alternatively Flight Mode, a dragon-like form called the Emperor Bat (エンペラーバット Enperā Batto) which is similar to the Fangires' ability to become Sabbats.
In Kamen Rider Kiva: King of the Castle in the Demon World, Arc uses his Legendorga baptism to turn Wataru form a Human/Fangire hybrid into a full Legendorga by forcing him to assume this form in an attempt to kill his father, Otoya Kurenai, though his father managed to bring him back with Wataru reverting back to his Human/Fangire hybrid. Wataru later re-accesses Flight Style to defeat the giant Rider. Ironically, the Legendorga version of Flight Style has a darker color scheme as its golden accent turns brown and the red on his wing becomes maroon.
Flight Style has the following parts:
- Hell's Crown (ヘルズクラウン Heruzu Kuraun) - The red armor on the head. The Demon's Plate moved from the Emperor Form's chest to Flight Style's head, holding the three Demon Emperor Stones: Air, Water, and Earth. By having three giant Demon Emperor Stones on its head that amplify and release the mighty emperor's power, it is directly connected to the brain and contributes to bringing out the full power of Wataru to the utmost.
- Bat Scope (バットスコープ Batto Sukōpu) - The eyes. It has a super-vision that allows Kiva to see ants on the ground from 2000m in the air. It has a wide field of view of 160 degrees forward and works well in intense aerial combat.
- Big Jaw (ビッグジョー Biggu Jō) - The jaws. It has sharp fangs that can bite through a 300mm diameter steel rod without resistance. In addition to emitting ultrasonic waves from the oral cavity, it is possible to determine Kiva's position and also to emit a flame generated from the power of the devil called Hell's Flame (ヘルズフレイム Heruzu Fureimu).
- Goldie Heart (ゴルディハート Gorudi Hāto) - The heart The cardiopulmonary is super-enhanced by the transformation into Flight Style enables Kiva to perform similarly as in the atmosphere in space.
- Lucifer's Claw (leg) (ルシファークロー (脚) Rushifā Kurō (Ashi)) - The legs that can lift anything that weighs more than Kiva's own weight up to 50 tons. The sharp claws on its toes have the power to instantly tear the enemy into shreds.
- Imperial Tail (インペリアルテール Inperiaru Tēru) - The tail. It acts as a rudder during high-speed flight, but it also has strong hitting power and can reflect attacks or use its tail to make strong hits.
- Goldie Arm (ゴルディアーム Gorudi Āmu) - The arms that form the frame of the Bloody Wing. The strength of Emperor Form's armor is inherited as it is, and it is a strong armor that cannot be hurt by normal weapons.
- Sonic Claws (Wing) (ソニッククロー (翼) Sonikku Kurō (Tsubasa)) - Huge claws on the wingtips that can divide even large passenger planes using only shock waves generated when shaken. It is made of polished Lucifer Metal, and it is possible to use the claws on both sides to strike out and perform the Demon Pliers (デモンプライヤー Demon Puraiyā) attack.
- Flying Demon Emperor Stone (飛空魔皇石 Hi Sora Ma Ō Seki) - It is a Demon Emperor Stone that is an auxiliary buoyancy device that stabilizes the flight of Flight Style and soar to ultra-high altitudes.
- Bloody Wing (ブラッディウイング Buraddi Uingu) - The cloak of Emperor Form is altered to become the wings. It enables ultra-high-speed flight at Mach 3.4, and can instantly generate strong gusts of wind with a range of 40m by flapping while hovering.
- Doran Mail (ドランメイル Doran Meiru) - The undersuit of Kiva's armor is transformed to wrap the altered body, resulting in a tough black armor. The performance is almost the same as that of Emperor Form.
Flight Style has the following finisher:
- Bloody Strike (ブラッディストライク Buraddi Sutoraiku) - Kiva Flight Style unleashes a blast of energy from his mouth, amplified by the Demon Emperor Stone on the forehead.
Appearances: King of the Castle in the Demon World, Kiva Episodes 35, 45
- "Final Form Ride: K-K-Kiva!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
Kamen Rider Decade's Final Form Ride allows Kiva to change into the Kiva Arrow (キバアロー Kiba Arō). Once the Final Attack Ride Card is in, the bow can be pulled back, getting the Hell's Gate to open up for the Decade Fang attack.
A manifestation of him was summoned and used by Diend to perform Diend Fang attack back in the World of Faiz.
- Main article: Bloody Rose
A unique violin, the Bloody Rose (ブラッディ・ローズ Buraddi Rōzu) was created by Otoya and Maya as the "ultimate violin", later rumored to be a product of Otoya selling his soul to the devil himself, which is not entirely false, in a sense. The Bloody Rose only sounds whenever a violent Fangire is detected in the area, its music only heard by Kivat and Wataru, who hears it as a voice commanding him to "Fight", as it pinpoints the exact location the Fangire could be found. When played, the Bloody Rose can also disrupt a Fangire's activity. However, the Bloody Rose is sympathetic to Wataru's mentality as it cracked when he fell into a deep depression. However, after repairing it, Wataru learns the Bloody Rose holds the desires of his father, placing in it his own desire which allowed him to assume Flight Style.
- Kivat-bat the 3rd - Wataru's Kivat partner.
- Demon Imperial Dragon Tatsulot - Wataru's second partner and the catalyst of allowing Kiva to assume Emperor Form.
- Kivat Belt - Transformation device that forms when Kivat bites Wataru.
- Fuestles - Whistle-like devices that activate a function, depending on the Fuestle.
- Demon-Beast Sword Garulu Saber - Kiva's form-changing weapon that turns him into Garulu Form.
- Demon Sea Gun Bashaa Magnum - Kiva's form-changing weapon that turns him into Bassha Form.
- Demon Iron Hammer Dogga Hammer - Kiva's form-changing weapon that turns him into Dogga Form.
- Demon Imperial Sword Zanvat Sword - Kiva's personal weapon whose finisher is locked to Emperor Form.
- Machine Kivaa - Kiva's Rider Machine.
- Castle Doran - Kiva's Doran partner that is also a base.
- Shoodoran - Castle Doran's drake, which is summoned by Doran's roar in times of trouble due to being too young to be bound to a Fuestle.
Legend Rider Devices
Regained when Tsukasa acknowledges Wataru as the Fangires' King. Decade uses the card to assume Kiva's Kiva Form. A Kamen Ride: Kiva card is also possessed by Diend, which he uses to summon Kiva. First used in the World of Faiz to battle Kamen Rider Ryuga.
- Kiva Garulu: Decade assumes Kiva's Garulu Form. Unlike Kiva himself, who is left-handed in this form, Tsukasa prefers his right hand.
- Kiva Basshaa: Decade assumes Kiva's Basshaa Form.
- Kiva Dogga: Decade assumes Kiva's Dogga Form.
When Kamen Rider Decade is in his Complete Form, he uses the K-Touch to summon the Final Forms of the Nine Heisei Riders. After he presses the Rider's symbol, a card of that Rider's Final Form appears in a set of nine on Kamen Rider Decade's chest. The Kiva Emperor card summons Kamen Rider Kiva Emperor Form, armed with the Zanvat Sword. Using the Kiva Final AttackRide card allows Decade to execute a Final Zanvat Slash-style attack alongside Kiva Emperor Form.
The Kiva Arrow card transforms Kiva into a large Kivat-like bow with an arrow resembling Kiva's sealed Hell's Gate leg.
With the Kiva Arrow, Decade/Diend performs the Decade/Diend Fang which fires the arrow, unfolding to hit the target in similarly to Kiva's Darkness Moon Break kick. Decade holds the arrow vertically while Diend holds it like a crossbow.
- In All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, when Tsukasa "loans" the Kiva Arrow to Momotaros, the attack is called Momo Fang, labeled by Momotaros as "Our Finishing Attack, Final Attack Version" (俺たちの必殺技・ファイナルアタックバージョン Oretachi no Hissatsu Waza: Fainaru Atakku Bājon). Momotaros held the arrow vertically like Decade.
The Kiva Module (キバモジュール Kiba Mojūru) is the legendary Fourze Module based off of Kamen Rider Kiva, which is equipped on the left leg of Kamen Rider Fourze via the triangle-based Kiva Switch (キバスイッチ Kiba Suitchi). The Kiva Module allows Fourze to use a replica of Kiva's Hell's Gate to perform the Darkness Moon Break finisher.
- Kiva Lockseed (キバロックシード Kiba Rokkushīdo): Allows the user to transform into Kiva Arms. The core image depicts the Kivat Belt while the lid backside image depicts the Wake Up Fuestle. Baron/Gridon-styled Lockseed.
- Signal Legend Kiva (シグナルレジェンドキバ Shigunaru Rejendo Kiba, Based on Kamen Rider Kiva's Machine Kivaa): Allows Mach to activate a Kourin Signal Legend. When used in the DX Drive Driver, it gives the sound for a Tire Exchange into Drive: Kiva (ドライブ・キバ Doraibu - Kiba).
Kiva Ghost Eyecon (キバゴースト眼魂 Kiba Gōsuto Aikon) is one of the 16 title Kamen Riders' Ghost Eyecons. It shows the number R09 on its Startup Time setting, Kiva's face on its Transformation Time setting, and Kiva's symbol on its Move Invocation Time setting.
- DokiDoki Makai Castle Kiva (ドキドキ魔界城キバ Doki Doki Makai-Jō Kiba, lit. Thump-Thump Castle of Demon World Kiva); Based on Kamen Rider Kiva.
- "(Digital beeping) Kiva!"
- ―Activation announcement[src]
- "Wake Up! The Vampire Rider with inherited power is... (Clock ticking noise) Kiva! (ウェイクアップ！受け継がれる力ヴァンパイアのライダーは…キバだ！ Weiku Appu! Uketsugakeru chikara Vanpaia no Raidā wa... (Clock ticking noise) Kiba da!)"
- ―Secondary activation announcement[src]
- "Rider Time! (Rock music mixed with Kiva Form's transformation noises) Gabu! Kiva!"
- ―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's right-hand slot[src]
- "(Right-hand Ridewatch's announcement)! Armor Time! (Rock music mixed with Kiva Form's transformation noises) Gabu! Kiva!"
- ―Rider Armor transformation announcement[src]
Kiva Emperor Form Ridewatch (キバエンペラーフォームライドウォッチ Kiba Enperā Fōmu Raidowotchi): Based on Kamen Rider Kiva Emperor Form, this Ridewatch would provide access to a corresponding Rider Armor. It is dated 2008, but shown on the Ziku-Driver's screen as FIN.
Another Kiva Watch (アナザーキバウォッチ Anazā Kiba Wotchi): A twisted version of the Kiva Ridewatch used to transform into Another Kiva.
- Otoya Kurenai: Wataru's father and a person he looked up, Wataru was told by his mother that Otoya was a great man. When Wataru learned of Otoya's troublesome actions though, he became saddened at what his father had done. While saddened, Wataru still continued to love Otoya as his father. However, meeting the Frog Fangire later convinced Wataru that Otoya did have some good inside, regaining the respect he had previously lost. When meeting with Otoya, his father said that he should continue living on with his life. Witnessing Otoya sacrifice himself to stop the Bat Fangire had also left a profound effect on Wataru, giving him the strength to become a true Kamen Rider. In the final battle against the revived Bat Fangire, Otoya appeared in spirit to help Wataru, saving him from falling to his doom. Telling Wataru that he will always be there when needed, Otoya's words motivated Wataru to continue on.
- Maya: Wataru's mother. Wataru questioned her disappearance for years because she left him when he was still a child. Maya dearly loved Wataru as her son, and wished they would reunite. When they had finally reunited though, there were clear tensions between mother and son. Despite this, when Wataru had lost confidence in himself due to Bishop's actions, it was Maya that healed her son's emotional pain. Appearing in his dream, Maya told Wataru that he should forgive himself for what had happened, expressing her faith in him. By the time of the final battle, it is clear that Wataru and Maya have restored their relationship as mother and son.
- Taiga Nobori: Wataru's half-brother. Initially regarding Wataru as his best friend, Taiga greatly cared for him, despite having a strong hatred towards humans. Wataru also cherished his friendship with Taiga, though was shocked that he was engaged with Mio. While he cared for Wataru as a friend, Taiga also somewhat looked down on him, even referring to him as a low-class human being to Mio at one point. This may have partially been from the jealousy he felt. Nevertheless, Taiga adamantly chose not to kill Wataru when suggested to do so by Bishop. Once both had learned of each other's identity as Kamen Rider Kiva and Saga, Taiga deduces that Wataru is his half-brother, much to his joy. Telling Wataru that he had always felt alone, Taiga tried to convince him to join the Fangire's cause to enslave humanity. Wataru's refusal to do so, as well as the rivalry they had over Mio's affections, drove a wedge between the two. Things came to a head when Mio had died. Believing Wataru to have killed Mio, Taiga became bent on murdering his brother. Upon being defeated and stripped of his title as the King of Fangires, Taiga was consumed with jealousy. Challenging his brother to one final battle as Kamen Rider Dark Kiva, the two were ambushed by Bishop and his revived Fangire army. Defeating the army together, Wataru embraced Taiga and told him that he was not alone. Confused, Taiga questioned his true motive. Shima then appeared and told Taiga that Wataru was trying to protect him. The two brothers reconciling, they faced the revived Bat Fangire together. After defeating the Bat Fangire, Wataru and Taiga resumed the fight for the title as the King of Fangires, though without animosity. Later, Taiga proposed to his company of a new energy source to nourish the twelve Demon Races, showing that he has adopted Wataru's mindset about humans. Regardless of who the victor was in the final battle, Taiga will always be there for his little brother.
- Kivat-Bat the 3rd: Wataru's personal bodyguard, Kivat encourages Wataru to do what is right as Kamen Rider Kiva. Wataru is very close with Kivat, often talking with him on various subjects.
- Masao Kurenai: Wataru's son from the future, who became Kamen Rider Kiva. Masao seems to be fond of his father, calling him "papa" and asking for his help to deal with the Neo-Fangire.
- Castle Doran residence:
- Jiro: Promising Otoya to help Wataru in his time of need, Jiro solemnly upholds his vow, to the point of directly assisting Wataru when necessary. When Wataru tried to deny the fact that he learned Mio and Taiga's identity as the Pearlshell Fangire and Kamen Rider Saga, Jiro slapped him out of his dilemma and sternly told him to not avert his eyes from reality. When Wataru became suicidal from Mio's death, Jiro was the one who saved him from Taiga's wrath, as well as being the one that sent him into the past to meet his father. Much later, when Wataru proclaimed that he would become the new King of Fangires, Jiro was shocked and initially tried to dissuade him from doing so. When Wataru fiercely showed his determination though, Jiro complied, bowing down towards him as a servant.
- Ramon: Before meeting Wataru personally, Ramon seemed to be rather aloof towards Otoya's son. At one point, he had even suggested to the other Arm Monsters that they eat Wataru to be released from service. When the two had met each other however, Ramon began affectionately referring to Wataru as "Onii-chan" and decided to help him. Alongside Jiro and Riki, Ramon became Wataru's servant when he proclaimed himself as the new King of Fangires, showing that he genuinely respects Wataru's power.
- Riki: Unlike Jiro, Riki does not seem to be particularly concerned with Wataru in general, even agreeing with Ramon's proposal to eat him. Since Jiro will not allow such an act though, Riki continues to assist him. Notably though, when Wataru proclaimed himself the new King of Fangires, Riki became an obedient servant, showing that he has come to respect Otoya's son.
- Tatsulot: Wataru's second personal bodyguard, Tatsulot acts as his supporter in a manner similar to Kivat-Bat the 3rd,
- Shizuka Nomura: Wataru's good friend, Shizuka is revealed to be slightly attracted towards him. Despite Wataru being percieved as odd by others, Shizuka knows the good he has inside and will support him in his time of need.
- Keisuke Nago: When they first met, Wataru thought of Nago as a sort of mentor, while Nago saw Wataru as somewhat weak and indecisive, but ultimately a kindhearted figure. Since he did not know of Wataru's identity as Kamen Rider Kiva, Nago would constantly attack him as Kamen Rider Ixa, to Wataru's chagrin. Upon going to the past and meeting with Otoya though, Nago had become kinder and showed more respect towards Wataru. Once he learned of Wataru's alter-ego, Nago accepted him as a fellow warrior and encouraged him to fight alongside the Wonderful Blue Sky Organization. Even when learning of Wataru's half Fangire nature, Nago continued to trust him and acted as a friend.
- Megumi Aso: Wataru's ally. Megumi saw him as a strange and meek boy who needed to become more socially adept. While generally nice to him, Megumi could be somewhat condescending towards Wataru, mistakenly thinking of him as weak. Initially seeing Kamen Rider Kiva as an enemy, Megumi attacked him on a number of occasions. After being saved by Wataru as Kiva though, Megumi decided that he is an ally. When Wataru revealed his identity as Kamen Rider Kiva, Megumi initially did not take it seriously, before Nago confirmed it himself. This caused Megumi to see Wataru in a different light, though still caring for him as her friend. Even when Shima ordered for Wataru's termination, Megumi knew she could not do such a thing. Much like Nago and later Kengo, Megumi believes in Wataru regardless of his heritage and knows he will do what is right.
- Kengo Eritate: Kengo admires Wataru's musical skills and acknowledges him as the kindest person he knows.When Kengo lost his ability to play the guitar though, Wataru could not bring himself to tell Kengo the bad news. This, however, caused Kengo to feel anger at Wataru upon learning the truth. Losing the respect he had for Wataru, Kengo broke off their friendship. Even when learning of Wataru's identity as Kamen Rider Kiva, Kengo continued to feel hatred towards him and tried to kill him with the Ixa system. When Wataru saved him from Bishop though, Kengo felt regret at what he had done. Wholeheartedly apologizing to Wataru for his previous actions, Kengo admitted that he had only used Wataru as a scapegoat to not face his own weakness as a person. The two eventually mended their friendship.
- Mio Suzuki: Wataru was attracted to Mio and wanted to have an intimate relationship with her. The feeling was mutual. Due to her status as the Queen of Fangire though, the two could not form such a relationship. Worse, their relationship had soured Wataru's relationship with Taiga. When Mio had died from being struck by Wataru's Rider Kick, Wataru was filled with guilt. Yuri and Otoya convinced him though, that Mio would have wanted Wataru to live his life, with Mio appearing in spirit to confirm this before dissipating. It is unknown if Wataru ever learned the truth about Mio's death, though it is likely that Taiga told him later on.
- Mamoru Shima: While Shima initially did not see anything noteworthy of Wataru, things changed when he revealed his identity as Kamen Rider Kiva. Shima then saw Wataru as an enemy. Seeing him as an even greater threat than the entire Fangire race, Shima would attempt to form a temporary alliance with Taiga to destroy Kamen Rider Kiva. The love that Nago, Megumi, and Kengo had for Wataru as their dear friend changed Shima's mind though. Shima eventually decided that Wataru could help the Wonderful Blue Sky Organization. When Taiga made it so that Shima would become a Fangire, the latter came to recognize how poorly he treated Wataru and apologized. When Taiga had murdered Shima, Wataru was overcome with anger. When Shima later reappeared alive and well, he told Wataru what had really happened and asked that he protect Taiga. Wataru complied and did what he thought as necessary. When Taiga questioned Wataru's motives, Shima explained Wataru's intention, helping the two brothers reconcile.
Behind the scenes
Wataru Kurenai is portayed by Koji Seto (瀬戸 康史 Seto Kōji), who reprised his role in Kamen Rider Decade for the first and last episodes as well as in Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider W & Decade: Movie War 2010. As a child, he was portrayed by Yohei Itagaki (板垣 陽平 Itagaki Yōhei).
His name translates to "crimson going over" possibly a reference to his human and Fangire bloodline.
- With Flight Style and DoGaBaKi Emperor Form, both evolutions of his Emperor Form, Kiva is the first Rider to gain an "Extra Final Form". Kuuga and Den-O would also gain such forms but they appeared later in the Kamen Rider Decade films and Cho Den-O Series respectively.
- Compared to most Heisei Riders, Kiva's Final Form, the Emperor Form, was introduced fairly early in the series. As the series continued, Emperor Form eventually superseded Kiva Form as Wataru's primary Rider form, with Wataru transforming directly into it. This was largely due to the fact that the Kiva Form suit, and by extension all of Kiva's other forms, were too heavy to continue using as the primary suit, putting a great deal of strain on Takaiwa's body during filming. Due to this, the Emperor Form costume was created to be lighter in weight.
- Kiva's Main and Arms Monster Forms share the same colors as Kuuga's Standard forms. DoGaBaKi Emperor is also similar to Kuuga's Ultimate form in that it can use the weapons of all three Arms Monster Forms; coincidentally, this is the same number of weapons Kuuga uses from his additional Standard Forms as well. Additionally, both Kuuga and Kiva use mythological creatures for their forms.
- The name of Kiva's DoGaBaKi Form is similar to the naming of OOO's various forms, although OOO was made long after Kiva. DoGaBaKi also uses an amalgam of four names unlike OOO's Forms, which uses three instead.
- While Wataru was born after Maya lost her powers and status as queen, with Bishop deeming him unqualified to be the King of Fangires, Wataru undoubtedly has potential as he can not only transform into Kamen Rider Kiva Emperor Form but also its upgraded forms.
- Furthermore, Wataru has mastery over Castle Doran and was accepted by the Zanvat Sword as its next wielder, something only those with immense potential as a Fangire are capable of doing.
- Among all the primary Heisei Riders' basic forms, Kamen Rider Kiva's Kiva form has the slowest running speed.
- Ironically, many early scenes in Kamen Rider Kiva show Wataru in Kiva form running against his foes, as well as using acrobatic moves to avoid their attacks.
- Wataru is the second Primary Rider (after Shin Kazamatsuri) who is explicitly shown to have a parent (in his case, a mother) who is still alive. Other Riders often have their parents dead or never explicitly mentioned of their whereabouts.
- The design of Kiva's Emperor Form is aesthetically similar to an early design of Ultimate Kuuga.
- Kiva's Flight Style is a fitting upgrade from Emperor Form as it draws elements from said form, namely the claws being similar to the knee pads, and the top of the head being the same design as Emperor Form's breastplate.
- The various chains on Kiva's body are called "Catena", which is Italian for "chain".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 "TV Asahi's page for Kiva". https://web.archive.org/web/20160402235429/http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiva/rider/kivaform_00.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=260&width=330.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 "TV Asahi's page for Kiva Garulu Form". https://web.archive.org/web/20160311023707/http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiva/rider/garuluform_00.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=420&width=380.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 "TV Asahi's page for Kiva Basshaa Form". https://web.archive.org/web/20121021140019/http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiva/rider/basshaaform_00.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=420&width=380.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 "TV Asahi's page for Kiva Dogga Form". https://web.archive.org/web/20121023205009/http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiva/rider/doggaform_00.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=420&width=380.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 "TV Asahi's page for Kiva DoGaBaKi Form". https://web.archive.org/web/20160402081947/http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiva/rider/dogabakiform_00.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=420&width=390.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 "TV Asahi's page for Kiva Emperor Form". https://web.archive.org/web/20160404124549/http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiva/rider/emperorform_00.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=420&width=380.
- ↑ 
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 "TV Asahi's page for Flight Style". https://web.archive.org/web/20160317051427/http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiva/rider/flightstyle_00.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=420&width=380.
- ↑ 
- ↑ https://toy.bandai.co.jp/series/rider/item/detail/11252/