|This article is about a/an rider/worm in Kamen Rider Kabuto.|
- "I am the man who will replace the gods with a slash of my sword, Tsurugi Kamishiro!"
- ―Tsurugi's usual battle phrase[src]
- 1 History
- 2 Post Series and other events
- 2.1 Kamen Rider Decade
- 2.2 OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
- 2.3 D-Video Special: Kamen Rider 4
- 2.4 Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER
- 3 Appearances in other media
- 3.1 Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders Super Spin-off
- 3.2 OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders: ~Let's Look! Only Your 48 Riders~
- 4 Video Game appearances
- 5 Personality
- 6 Powers and Abilities
- 7 Forms
- 8 Equipment
- 9 Rider Card
- 10 Behind the scenes
- 11 Notes
- 12 Appearances
- 13 References
- 14 See also
In truth, the real Tsurugi was killed on the same day as his sister by the Scorpio Worm. Moments before his death, the Scorpio Worm chose to mimic him. However, through impossible odds, Tsurugi's arrogant nature and personality overpowered the Scorpio Worm's own, leading him to believe he was, in fact, Tsurugi Kamishiro, completely unaware of his Worm identity or that he had killed his sister. Jiiya later revealed he had been aware of his master's true identity, but believed it best to withhold the information in the hopes the Scorpio Worm would never regain control and his master would continue to exist, one way or another. Shortly afterwards through unknown means, Tsurugi came into contact with the Sasword Zecter and accepted his role as Kamen Rider Sasword with the goal of exterminating every last Worm.
Few episodes after his debut episodes, Tsurugi somehow turns into the comic relief in this series. Many episodes involve him trying to do some daily duty in a very ridiculous way, usually with his special theme playing. Tsurugi has only recently learned (from both Gon and Jiiya) that the Discabil family fortune is no more, and this confounded him deeply, so he is working hard to rebuild it. He now works at the Soba shop where Misaki always visit. He has a crush on her, to which she feels annoyed. In episode 26, Tsurugi meets the Worm who mimics Misaki (without him knowing the truth) and they enjoy a dance together. Uca Worm intervenes and defeats Sasword. Before she moves in the killing blow, the Misaki Worm saves him, which leads Tsurugi to realize her real identity. Later on, Tsurugi meets the Misaki Worm again and hands her his sister's red shoes. But for reason unknown, Misaki Worm attacks and scratches Tsurugi's face. Tsurugi reacts by stabbing the Sasword Yaiber through Misaki Worm, killing her while saying that he won't forgive any Worm.
Tsurugi sold his Sasword Yaiba and Zecter to Souji in episode 33, but Jiiya tells Arata Kagami that without the Sasword Zecter, Tsurugi will surely become Scorpio Worm again. Arata tries but ultimately fails in the end as Souji defeats him. Tsurugi did this to help rebuild his Discabil family and he still has the legendary sword 'Discalibur' passed down from generations. When Tsurugi engages three Worms with it, he discovers that the sword is actually just a grip with no blade. The real sword was sold earlier to clear some debts of the family. However, Jiiya arrives in time to deliver the real sword to Tsurugi, which he uses to kill the Worms easily. Unfortunately for Tsurugi, the Discalibur is re-bought using the money for selling the Sasword Zecter and the money is not enough for it. Tsurugi sighs as he states that he does not understand money at all.
During episode 34-37, Tsurugi begins to go on journeys to learn about the common people's happiness because he must stand at the top of being "common". At first, he dresses as a schoolboy for a day and experiences life in a different way, and although not his original intent, he realizes that the world does indeed contain good people after meeting Jyuka. In episode 37, Tsurugi enters Jyuka's school, stating that he stands on top of even 'poor citizen's' education. Tsurugi wants to experience the aspects of normal life, although Jiiya is always there to help him. Due to school policy, Jiiya was forcibly dragged out of the classroom many times to prevent him from helping Tsurugi. Tsurugi is also able to transform into Sasword again as he has retrieved his Sasword Yaiba from Souji. Despite being able to call on the Sasword Zecter, the Perfect Zecter can still summon the Sasword Zecter when Hyper Kabuto calls for it, which led to an infuriated Tsurugi.
After Tsurugi realized that his love for Misaki would never be, he decided to do his best so that Arata and Misaki would be happy together, unknowing that their love was just a setup. He then acts as Cupid and sets Arata and Misaki on a date. Unfortunately, after meeting Misaki again and discovering that she and Arata are not a couple, Tsurugi is captured by the Hopper Riders during episode 41. He was challenged and lost, receiving a Rider Kick and Punch to the head. He is then tricked into thinking that the Hopper Riders are his family and he is their little brother. The trio then eventually encounters Reiji Nogi who makes short work of them using "Freeze" to cause all their Rider Finishers to collide.
Abandoned by the Hoppers after fighting Nogi, Tsurugi begins to fall apart, but after Souji tells him he does not see Misaki for who she is, but rather his sister, he realizes that he needs to accept her for herself. Refilled with spirit, he is able to convince Misaki to also see him for who he really is. When Misaki is attacked by Cassis Worm Gladius, Tsurugi came to rescue her, attacking the Worm with his Rider Slash. However, Cassis Worm Gladius absorbed the power of the finisher and used the absorbed power against Sasword, damaging both Misaki and Tsurugi. Tsurugi finally proves his worth by defending Misaki from an onslaught of attacks from Nogi, at the risk of his own body. Finally defeated, Tsurugi lies in shock as Misaki promises to accept him for who he is.
Tsurugi's assistance is also requested by Souji in order to fight the massive onslaught of Worms, and so he joins ZECT and is given his own team of ZECT Troopers. However, he used them for the sole purpose of protecting Misaki, going so far as to dive into a river to find her missing shoe. Eventually however, his troopers abandoned him, saying it isn't worth it and they'd rather fight Worms.
On his way to his date, Tsurugi runs into Cassis Worm Clipeus who he does battle with. After being defeated, Tsurugi loses control of his body and once again becomes Scorpio Worm. After meeting Misaki and transforming into Scorpio Worm once, he is able to revert, but he does not know of his transformation.
Clipeus appears again and forces another transformation, in turn causing Tsurugi to realize that he is indeed a Worm. After ripping up the scarf he made for Misaki and shouting at Jiiya, Tsurugi abandons hope and seemingly begins on a quest to destroy all Riders and "stand on top of the Worms".
Both Cassis Worm Clipeuses attempted to have Scorpio Worm make a partnership with them, but Tsurugi outright refuses and tells them he's taking charge. With that, he attacks both Clipeuses, having them become his servants after overpowering them and telling them to gather all of the Worms under him. After having Arata kidnapped, Souji is sent a note saying that he must hand over all the Zecters or Arata will die. As Souji hands over the Zecters, Misaki appears along with massive amounts of ZECT Troopers, allowing enough time for the Zecters to escape after seemingly crushed but actually receiving no damage at all. During the ensuing battle that took out most of the Worms, as he truly intended from the start, Tsurugi allows Souji to destroy him so that his wish of all Worms being destroyed and vengeance for his sister may be granted. Back at his mansion, a dying Tsurugi sits on an old wicker chair as Jiiya rushes to his side. As he sees his servant, Tsurugi asks if it's okay for him to dream, Jiiya replies that it is and promises that he will always be by his side. Hearing those words, Tsurugi closes his eyes, goes limp, and drifts off to death. During the epilogue, a restaurant is named in his honor, being run by both Misaki and Jiiya.
Post Series and other events
Kamen Rider Decade
Kamen Rider Sasword appears with other kamen Riders commanded by Wataru Kurenai ,but all are
murdered by Decade in the episode 1 of Kamen Rider Decade in the dream of Natsumi Hikari and then conclude the dream with Decade as only Rider in the Rider War
The World of Kuuga
Kamen Rider Sasword with the other Riders appears when Natsumi remenbered her dream of the Rider War, the dream ends shock of fists between Decade and Kuuga.
Super Den-O Beginning
Kamen Rider Sasword is summoned by Kamen Rider Diend,armed with his Sasword Yaiver as support in the fight against Momotaros as Den-O sword form, also Diend summoned Saga,to make Den-O focus successfully.
Here Comes Super Momotaros!
Kamen Rider Sasword reappears with Saga and Diend continuing the battle, dominating Den-O in the battle, finished Diend with Final Attack Rider to Den-O Sword Form defeating him.
The Destroyer of Worlds
In the special version of episode 31, Kamen Rider Sasword is seen as one of the many Kamen Riders who fought in the Rider War against Decade and were all destroyed. They were presumably restored after the destruction (and subsequent revival) of Decade at the end of the Rider War and the worlds were restored.
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
When the altered timeline starts disappearing, and the various Riders return to existence, Scorpion Worm fights against Kamen Rider Kabuto only to be easily defeated. Afterwards, during the final battle against the Rock Great Leader, Kamen Rider Sasword returns to help the heroes as part of the reinforcements led by Kamen Rider Birth. All the Kamen Riders got on their bikes and performed the All Rider Break attack which destroyed the Great Leader.
D-Video Special: Kamen Rider 4
Duel! The True Identity of Shocker's Great Leader
Due to the re-alterations of time made by Shocker, Sasword later appeared, along with Kamen Riders 4, Dark Kiva, Baron, and Ouja to fight against the Kamen Riders as they catch onto Shocker's latest schemes. During the final loop, Sasword is destroyed alongside Baron by Zeronos Zero Form's Buster Nova Full Charge.
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER
Kamen Rider Sasword appears as a toy, when Sento Kiryu and Sougo Tokiwa they find Ataru Hisanagahe brings them to his room which is filled with Kamen Rider memorabilia, with Sougo and Sento stunned to see toys of themselves. Ataru reveals that Kamen Riders are fictional.
Appearances in other media
Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders Super Spin-off
That One! Jun Watanabe: The Identity of Child X?
Kamen Rider Sasword Rider Form and Masked Form appear with Todoroki, Dark Kabuto and Ichigo, cited as examples of the costumes that dressed by Jun Watanabe. Later, when Kenichi asks which Rider is Jun Watanabe referring to five Riders, it is finally revealed that it is Todoroki.
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders: ~Let's Look! Only Your 48 Riders~
Type24. - I'll Investigate This Match!
Kamen Rider Sasword Masked Form appears with Black RX , KickHopper, and Double. According by Kivat-Bat the 3rd, Sasword Masked Form is considered a least compatible match.
Type41. - Bride of the Super-Extremely Effective Arms!
Type45. - Get it! The Crosshorns to the Future
Type46. - The Lucky Food of the Boy is Refined!
Kamen Rider Sasword appeared as the next client International Cuisine Restaurant Cous Coussier. Determined to try the dishes in this restaurant, he meets Eiji Hino and was presented the Ramen but Sasword disagreed the dish. Later Hina Izumi present La men, the meets all the standards of a perfect dish and finally Sasword eats La men.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Kabuto video game
Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes
Kamen Rider Sasword appears in the last Climax Heroes as an unlockable character and only in his rider form alongside all Zecter riders with Rider Slash of his first utilization as his finisher.
Kamen Rider Riderbout
Kamen Rider Sasword Masked Form, Rider Forn and Scorpio Worn appears as a playable character with the other Heisei and Showa Kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Riderbout.
Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis
Kamen Rider Sasword appears as one of the Riders that can be summoned by Kamen Rider Diend in Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis.
Kamen Rider Batton-Line
Kamen Rider Sasword appears as a playable character in Kamen Rider Batton-Line among other Riders in the game.
Kamen Rider Battle Rush
Kamen Rider Sasword appears as a playable and support character in the video game Kamen Rider Battle Rush using Rider Slash.
Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes
Kamen Rider Sasword appears as a playable character with others Kamen Riders in the video game, performing his Rider Slash against his enemies Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes.
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Kamen Rider Sasword is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul, among other Riders.
Kamen Rider Sasword Masked and Rider Form appears with other Kamen Riders and Monsters in Battle Spirits.
He is a 20-year old man and descendant of the Discabil family of England. He calls himself "the man who swings a sword in the name of God" when he introduces himself. He lives in a gorgeous European-style building with his butler Jiiya. Tsurugi is good at sports, art, study, and many other skills, and has been seen to be able to understand and speak French, Chinese, and Italian in addition to English (he says "Shall we?" to Souji when a fencing duel begins) and Japanese (although he mispronounces "ramen" as "La Men" and thinks that it is a French dish as well as some other words such as "tofu" as "tufu"). He always calls Kagami his friend (while pronouncing his name KaGAmin (カ・ガーミン), stressing the GA in his name and adding an affectionate -n at the end) and Misaki as "Misakinu". Tsurugi wants to be the man who is best at everything, always saying, "I will stand on top of… (e.g. tasting, kendo, bowling, etc.)". Unlike Souji who quotes his grandmother, Tsurugi quotes his butler, Jiiya, instead.
Tsurugi is also as arrogant as Soji, and proclaims that he will stand on top of everything and that no laws can affect him. In fact, a traffic cop who pulls Jiiya over for speeding (as Tsurugi had an urgent job) only to be killed on the spot by a Salis Worm has to tell him to put his seat belt on, and Tsurugi's failure to look before crossing a street results in an accident in which Soji's younger adopted sister Jyuka gets hurt, and as the cops scorn him, he tells them that the car carrying Jyuka should have gone ahead (much to the shock of the cops). This eventually results in Soji's punching him at Jiiya's white limousine for getting Jyuka hurt. He used to have an older sister named Mika (23 years old) who has already been killed by Scorpio Worm, and suffers nightmares as a result. The fact that Mika is killed near a field of red roses also sparks his disdain for roses. He has been employed by ZECT in exchange for the reward money, but the monetary part of his contract is annulled when the Gatack system is first utilized. He aids Kabuto after he helps him realize that his butler Jiiya, is teaching him to be a better person, now utilizing what his mentor has taught him: that a noble act must be nobly returned, aka "nobleness oblige".
Powers and Abilities
- Worm Physiology:
- Master Swordsman: Tsurugi is highly accomplished in swordsmanship, as he demonstrated a few considerable skills with a sword, and calls himself "the man who swings a sword in the name of God" to reflect how confident and proud he is towards his swordsmanship. He has shown to be talented even without being transformed, as he was able to destroy Worms with his family heir Discalibur, which is notable, since Worms are normally immune to regular weapons. The most impressive feat was that he was even able to hold his own against Tendo in fencing for a while though Tsurugi was then disarmed and lost the duel. As Sasword, he incorporates his ingenious swordplay with ClockUp's speed and poison, effectively destroying Worms.
- Expert Pianist:
- Indomitable Will: Tsurugi's personality is capable of surpassing and overriding the will of the Scorpio Worm that has mimicked him. However, in certain moments of fear and weakness, Tsurugi's mind can still be taken over by the Worm. Near the end of the series, after realizing and coming to terms with his true nature as the Scorpio Worm, Tsurugi is able to restrain its influence completely, and as a result, he can change into Scorpio Worm at will without having his personality overridden by it.
- Lack of Social Knowledge: Being a man who has only lived in luxury, Tsurugi lacks common sense whenever it comes to interacting with the outside world, which often results in comedic results. Arata and Souji usually have to bail him out on such occasions.
He mostly transforms into Kamen Rider Sasword in order to hunt the Scorpio Worm. When he discovered that he was the Scorpio Worm he went on a rampage in episode 46 in an attempt to kill the rest of the Worms secretly including himself.
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 8 t.
- Kicking Power: 9 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 19 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 9 sec.
Sasword's Masked Form (マスクドフォーム Masukudo Fōmu) is a heavily armored form and the default form that Sasword transforms into, until Tsurugi pressed down the tail of the Sasword Zecter, initiating the Cast Off (キャストオフ Kyasuto Ofu) command.
In this form, Sasword can make use of the orange coils on his body to entangle the enemy, and drag it towards him.
- "Cast Off! Change Scorpion!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 3.5 t.
- Kicking Power: 6 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 36 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5.4 sec.
Sasword's Rider Form (ライダーフォーム Raidā Fōmu) is the sleeker and more offensive-based form which more resembles the scorpion on which Sasword is named after and themed. It is in this form that Sasword has access to the Clock Up (クロックアップ Kurokku Appu) command which allows Sasword to travel at speeds to match the speeds of the Worms. By lifting and closing the tail-like switch on the Sasword Zecter, Sasword activates the Rider Slash (ライダースラッシュ Raidā Surashhu) attack.
Appearances: Kabuto Episodes 19-20, 22, 24-26, 28-32, 38, 42-43, 45-46, Decade Episodes 1-2, 14-15, 31 (Special Version only) , Let's Go Kamen Riders,D-Video Special: Kamen Rider 4 Episode 3, Heisei Generations FOREVER (as a toy).
- Height: 225 cm.
- Weight: 137 kg.
- Sasword Zecter: Transformation device
- Sasword Yaiver: Personal weapon and transformation sword
- Sasword Antenna: the stinger-like crest atop the Sasword Shellmet
- Blood Vessels: tube-like weapons in Masked Form
- ZECT Buckle: Clock Up belt
- Machine Zectron (Video Game exclusive)
- "Kamen Ride: Sasword"
- ―Diendriver summoning announcement[src]
- KamenRide: Sasword: A Rider Card containing the power of Kamen Rider Sasword. Used by Diend to summon Kamen Rider Sasword. First used in the World of Den-O to fight the Momotaros-possessed Yusuke.
Behind the scenes
Scorpio Worm was designed by Yasushi Nirasawa (韮沢 靖 Nirasawa Yasushi).
- His Rider alias is a pun on sasori, the Japanese word for "scorpion" (his motif), and "sword".
- His given name continues the pun, as it literally means "sword".
- He is one of two Riders whose Masked Form provides additional offensive capabilities, the Blood Vessels, in addition to increased defense, the other being Gatack's Gatack Vulcan.
- He is one of two Zect Riders to use a weapon to transform, using a sword while Daisuke Kazama uses a gun.
- He is the first Rider to use a sword to transform.
- Tsurugi is the first purple-colored Rider to have a scorpion motif followed by Horobi/Kamen Rider Horobi from Kamen Rider Zero-One.
- Out of all Original Riders that returned in Decade, he is one of the deceased Riders to make a return in the series, along with Masato Kusaka (Kamen Rider Kaixa), Shun Kageyama (Kamen Rider PunchHopper) and Masato Mishima (Kamen Rider TheBee).
- Tsurugi Kamishiro Shares the same first name with Tsurugi Ohtori/Houou Soldier from Uchu Sentai Kyuranger.
- He is the only Rider in Kamen Rider Kabuto series whose motif is not based on insects.
- Scorpio Worm's color scheme is similar to the Orphnoch's color scheme.
- In episode 16 of Kamen Rider Decade, the Sasword Zecter appears with Drake Zecter in a ZECT lab in the World of Kabuto.
- Tsurugi is one of the many Kabuto Riders that don't have A.R World counterpart.
- Kamen Rider Sasword is the first rider, to use a sword as a transformation device followed by Kamen Rider Buster from Kamen Rider Saber.
- Daigo Tachikawa - Native Worm and temporary user of the Kamen Rider Sasword powers in Kamen Rider Kabuto.
- Tsurugi Kamishiro - Original Tsurugi Kamishiro