|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Hibiki.|
Kamen Rider Todoroki (仮面ライダー轟鬼 Kamen Raidā Todoroki, lit. "Masked Rider Roaring Demon") is one of the many Oni Kamen Riders in the Kamen Rider Series Kamen Rider Hibiki. He solely goes by the name Todoroki (トドロキ Todoroki) and abandoned his human name Tomizo Todayama (戸田山 登巳蔵 Todoyama Tomizō) upon becoming an Oni.
- 1 History
- 2 Post Series and other events
- 3 Appearances in other media
- 3.1 Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders Super Spin-off
- 3.2 OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders: ~Let's Look! Only Your 48 Riders~
- 3.3 Stage show
- 4 Video Game appearances
- 4.1 Kamen Rider Hibiki Video game
- 4.2 All Kamen Rider Series
- 4.3 Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes
- 4.4 Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
- 4.5 Kamen Rider Riderbout
- 4.6 Kamen Rider Break Joker
- 4.7 Kamen Rider Batton-Line
- 4.8 Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes
- 4.9 Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
- 5 Personality
- 6 Powers and abitilies
- 7 Forms
- 8 Equipment
- 9 Attacks
- 10 Legend Rider Devices
- 11 Behind the scenes
- 12 Notes
- 13 Appearances
- 14 References
- 15 See Also
He is the last Oni to join the main cast of the show. Despite that he is the second oldest Oni of the core three at 26, he is still very much a novice. A green Oni, both in color and appearance, he is still learning how the world around him works. Having only just become an independent Oni during his introduction, he sticks close to Hibiki and Ibuki and looks to them for guidance. Eager to please his master but do things in his own style, he often meets conflicting points of views from others, but continues on with what he believes is "his" way. Todoroki was the last of the main series' Oni to be introduced. He was first seen in episode 13 greeting Asumu's mother at a hospital. He later returned with his master, Zanki, to fend off a pair of Makamou. Originally he was to be the next Zanki, but declined the offer from his master so that he could create his own legacy as Todoroki
When he became a solo Oni, Zanki had some trouble accepting the way that he fought the Oni and his "cleansing" of the battlefield. Eventually Zanki came to accept that this was Todoroki's way of being an Oni. During the summer of training arc, Todoroki saw Hibiki as a teacher, and Hibiki offered Todoroki guidance on being a solo Oni and the new challenges that life would bring him now that he had no master.
Todoroki soon came to find fighting the Oni on his own to be a tough challenge. In response to this, Zanki returned to be his supporter and offer advice whenever he could.
Throughout the series, Todoroki had a crush on Hinaka Tachibana. One day he gathers enough courage to asks her out on a date on her birthday. The date goes horribly wrong for Todoroki, he makes a fool of himself and ruins her gift. Hinaka became upset with Todoroki and the two were distant with each other for a while.
Late in the series after the Shuki incident, Todoroki was literally stepped on by a giant Makamou. This left the others questioning whether or not Todoroki would ever be able to transform again. Zanki feared this would cause Todoroki to go into a state of depression, indeed it does. Zanki believes that Todoroki was born to be an Oni and that he knows no other way of life. Eventually Zanki meets his end, but puts a spell on his soul to allow him to remain on Earth until Todoroki no longer needs him. It was around this time that Hinaka and Todoroki became friends again, even though she offered her help to teach him how to walk again, Todoroki declined. Even when Zanki helped him out, Todoroki said he wanted to do it on his own, otherwise he would never be able to show that he is an independent warrior.
Todoroki learns to walk again and rushes into Zanki's final battle, the both make quick work of a large number of Makamou and soon it is time for Zanki to pass on. Todoroki and Zanki have one final cleansing session as Todoroki pays his final respects to his former master. After these events, Todoroki has finally become the man that he always wanted to be.
While the Orochi is coming, Todoroki fights the Makamou hard and faces the Douji-Hime's Fake Leader. They takes him to a holy land, the place to cleanse the Orochi. After Ibuki is chosen to perform the Orochi sealing, Todoroki tries to defeat some flying Makamou for Ibuki but it is fultie. Then Hibiki takes Ibuki's place and performs the Orochi sealing, Todoroki and Ibuki supports him. After the Orochi sealing, Todoroki goes back to work normally.
Post Series and other events
Kamen Rider Hibiki Hyper Battle DVD
Todoroki appears in flashback while the Disks Animal are giving Asumu the knowledges about how to become an Oni. Todoroki is told as an Oni who can controls electricity, he eats much, having meals fit for multiple people.
Kamen Rider Decade
Kamen Rider Todoroki appears interrupting the battle between Kamen Rider Decade and Board Riders against Kamen Rider Chalice and Paradoxa Undead using your OnGeki Finishers called Ongeki Zan Raiden Gekishin disappear by a dimensional distortion.
The Strong, Naked, Strong Guy
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
Kamen Rider Todoroki was part of a group of reinforcement riders led by Akira Date/Kamen Rider Birth to aid the primary riders in defeating the Rock Great Leader. All the Kamen Riders got on their bikes and performed the All Rider Break attack which destroyed the Great Leader.
Appearances in other media
Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders Super Spin-off
Check! Hibiki's Useful Maziora!!
Kamen Rider Todoroki appears when Narutaki says it is not related to that. They comment that it took the costume developers seven test designs to produce the final suit color, which uses a special reflective paint that changes color when the light hits it a certain way. They also state that Maziora is in the design of Ibuki and Todoroki, which was a blue and green variant of the coloring design.
That One! Jun Watanabe: The Identity of Child X?
Kamen Rider Todoroki appears with Sasword, Sasword Masked Form, Dark Kabuto and Ichigo, cited as examples of the costumes I use Jun Watanabe, later in the beginning of the questionnaire and Kenichi asks which Rider is Jun Watanabe referring to five Riders, it is finally discovered that it is Todoroki.
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders: ~Let's Look! Only Your 48 Riders~
Type9. - Thousand Lies, Ten-Thousand Brides!
Kamen Rider Todoroki appears with Ixa Rising Form, Kaixa and Ryuki Survive, according by Urataros Todoroki is consider a Den-O Rod Form best friend.
Type13. - Get it! The Smart Device Change!
Kamen Rider Todoroki appears with Accel, TheBee Masked Form and Double Heat Joker, according by Kivat-Bat the 3rd Todoroki is considered a perfect candidate as a boyfriend.
Type16. - The Destroyer Destroys the Match!
Kamen Rider Todoroki appears with Kuuga Dragon Form, Kiva Emperor Form and Double Heat Joker, according by Kivat-Bat the 3rd Todoroki is considered the least compatible match.
Kamen Rider Hibiki Stage Show at 3 Heroes WAKAYAMA Marina-cityble
In a stage show where Kamen Riders Hibiki, Ibuki, Todoroki & Zanki are seen fighting their usual foes when Android Hakaider shows up and winds up defeating them. Kikaider, & Kikaider 01 arrive to assist the Riders.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Hibiki Video game
Kamen Rider Todoroki appears in the Kamen Rider Hibiki video game.
All Kamen Rider Series
All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution
Kamen Rider Todoroki appears in All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution among other Riders he performer his Ongeki Zan Raiden Gekishin in the in All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution.
All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 2
Kamen Rider Todoroki appears in the Nintendo DS/PS Vita game he performer his Ongeki Zan Raiden Gekishin and had a double attack with Zanki in All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 2.
Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes
Kamen Rider Todoroki is an unlockable and playable character with the other and performer his Ongeki finisher in Kamen Riders: Super Climax Heroes.
Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
Kamen Rider Todoroki appears as a playable character in this video game Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride.
Kamen Rider Riderbout
Kamen Rider Todoroki appears as a playable character with the other Heisei and Showa kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Riderbout.
Kamen Rider Break Joker
Kamen Rider Todoroki appears as a playable character with other Riders and monsters in Kamen Rider Break Joker.
Kamen Rider Batton-Line
Kamen Rider Todoroki appears as a playable character in Kamen Rider Batton-Line among other Riders in the game.
Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes
Kamen Rider Todoroki appears as a playable character with others Kamen Riders in the video game, performer his Raiden Gekishin against his enemies Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes.
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Kamen Rider Todoroki and Transformed Todayama appear as a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Todoroki is a 26-year-old Oni, the second oldest Oni of the main Oni trio introduced. Although at 26, Todoroki is a very childish personality, he does not want to do anything difficult that he does not like, but when he knows it is useful, he is willing to participate. He eats very well, with him eating is very important to provide energy for fighting. He is very clumsy in communicating with others and often apologizes for fear of doing something wrong.
To him, Zanki was always the master he admired. He felt very sorry when Zanki gave up being Oni and always wanted Zanki to come back to fight with him. In the free time, Todoroki often goes to Zanki to talk and talk. After the death of his master, Todoroki was very sad, but that was the motivation for him to be mature, stronger and want to fight Zanki's part.
Todoroki has a special affection for Hinaka Tachibana. But he was lacking in tact and didn't know how to show his feelings. That makes their relationship comical. However, both people are always interested in each other. Their feelings are sometimes childish but sincere and profound. As an Oni, Todoroki always works seriously. He has been hardworking and aggressive since becoming an independent Oni. Todoroki often participates in supporting other Oni when they encounter difficulties. He always thought to work more when other members are struggling for their important mission.
Powers and abitilies
- Super Strength: When trapped among the giant bakegani, Todoroki used his strength to prevent more from crushing him. He even broke that claw and escaped. During his battle with Amikiri, he prevented this giant 6t Makamou's tail from flying. Todoroki's strongest punch is 30t and his strongest kick is 40t.
- Super Speed: As Oni, Todoroki has the ability to run many times faster than normal people. The maximum running speed that Ibuki can is 20 m / s.
- Super resistance: Todoroki can withstand many times more than ordinary people. he is able to constantly fight Makamou for a long time. Todoroki can be tasked with tracking down three Bakegani in three different locations and destroying them in just one day.
- Regenerative capacity: Like Oni, Todoroki has the ability to heal physical wounds many times faster than ordinary people. This power is also known as Chiyu nouryoku, this power cannot heal the serious wound that Otoroshi inflicted on Todoroki. However, Oni's strong resistance could also cause Todoroki to gradually regain his strength and continue to fight even after the doctor has diagnosed that with his condition it is no longer possible to be Oni,in Gathering Demons Todoroki uses this power to heal cuts caused by Yamaarashi's thorns and in Fallen Angel Todoroki is stabbed in the neck by Uwan with a hose, but the wound heals immediately, allowing Todoroki to continue fighting the Makamou.
- Sensory Power: Todoroki can sense Makamou's presence up close through his evil aura. After concentrating on fighting to defeat Bakegani, Todoroki easily discovered that the men behind Makamou were watching him. Thanks to his feelings, he followed them and found the Orochi.
- Super jump: Todoroki can jump many times higher than ordinary people. With just one jump, Todoroki easily reached a height of over 7m and climbed Bakegani to perform the Ongeki Zan Raiden Gekishi. Todoroki's maximum jump height is 69 m.
- Electrokinesis: Tomizo asTodoroki is capable of dominating the thunder energy. While transforming into his Oni form, Todoroki summoned green lightning from the sky. When he struck the opponent with Ongekigen Retsurai, the slashes emit lightning that damages the opponent. Also during a duel with Makamou, Todoroki is able to gather the energy of thunder and perform Kitoujutsu Raigekiken.
In his first battle, Todayama used a practice Ongekishin named Reishiki (零式) on his belt instead of a proper one. His wristbands and anklets also do not feature strings yet. This form is deemed Transformed Todayama (戸田山変身体 Todayama Henshintai), do to him not having an Oni title yet.
- Rider Height: 7 shaku (approx. 212.1 cm., one say 212 cm.)
- Rider Weight: 42 kan (157.5 kg., one say 157 kg.)
- Punching Power: 8000 kan (30 t.)
- Lifting Power: 650 man-power (6.5 t.)
- Kicking Power: 10666 kan (approx. 40.0 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 38 ken (approx. 69.1 m., one say 69 m.)
- Maximum Running Speed: 1 chō per 5 sec. (approx. 100 m. per 4.6 sec., one say 5 sec.)
In this form, Todoroki is a green demon. This is his basic form and the easiest form for him to reach. To become this form, Todoroki simply needs to pluck his brace strings, the vibrations from the strings cause his body to be hit by massive lightning bolts, changing him into his Oni form. Todokori also gains a second "oni face" which is a crest that forms on his forehead. Unlike most Kamen Riders, Todoroki does not wear a suit; rather, his demon form is his true form.
- Henshin Kigen Onjou: A bracelet-like transformation device.
- Ongekishin Raigou: A device that attaches on his belt for uses of finisher attacks.
- Ongekiko: A device that attaches on his belt for uses of finisher attacks.
- Disk Animals: Todoroki's disk-like support robots.
- Ongekigen Retsurai: A guitar-like weapon.
- Ongekibou Rakurai: A pair of drumsticks.
- Ongekigen Retsuzan: Zanki's weapon, Todoroki uses it once after Zanki's death.
- Kitōjutsu: Raigekiken (鬼闘術・雷撃拳 Demon Fighting Technique: Lightning Strike Fist) Charging himself with power, Todoroki is able to directly attack any Makamou with electricity. He can do this through a punch or kick.
- Kitōjutsu: Onizume (鬼闘術・鬼爪 Demon Fighting Technique: Demon Claw) Forms claws from his hands to stab and slash at Makamou. These claws are nearly unbreakable, thus making them one of Todoroki's most useful weapons.
Ongeki Zan: Raiden Gekishin (音撃斬・雷電激震 Sound Attack Slash: Thunderbolt Exciting Quake) Todoroki stabs his weapon into the body of a large Makamou and changes it into its guitar form. He plays the guitar in a wild and fast manner. By doing this, the vibrations of his weapon are directly transmitted to all the organs of the Makamou, causing it to explode.
- Todoroki no Ongeki Da (轟鬼の音撃打 lit. "Todoroki's Sound Attack Stroke"): Todoroki's Ongeki Finisher while using Ongekibou Rakurai. Like Hibiki's Kaen Renda is performed, while Todoroki's Ongekiko is attached to a Makamou, he beats it rapidly with his Rakurai. The Sound of Purification resonates through its body, causing it to explode.
Legend Rider Devices
- "Kamen Ride: Todoroki"
- ―Diendriver summoning announcement[src]
- KamenRide: Todoroki: A Rider Card containing the power of Kamen Rider Todoroki. Used by Diend to summon Kamen Rider Todoroki. Although it is assumed that Diend uses it in the World of Blade to break up the fight between Decade and the BOARD Riders, it is not seen until it is used again in the World of Amazon to fight Apollogeist and Yum Cimil.
Behind the scenes
Tomizo Todayama is portrayed by Shingo Kawaguchi (川口 真五 Kawaguchi Shingo) As Kamen Rider Todoroki, his suit actor is Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun). Todayama also portrayed Todoroki (past) in the movie Kamen Rider Hibiki & The Seven Senki, and Todoroki (A.R. World), a similar character in Kamen Rider Decade, and Masahiro Yamamoto/Kamen Rider Mage in Kamen Rider Wizard.
- Todoroki has one leitmotif, "Thunderous War Rumblings" (雷武轟々 "Raibu Gōgō"), a character song performed by Eizo Sakamoto.
- Tomizo the first Rider they stole his transformation device followed by Daiki Kaito/Kamen Rider Diend by Chinomanako in the arc of the world of Shinkenger in Kamen Rider Decade.
- Like the other Hibiki Riders in the TV series, Tomizo shares the same initial in his Rider name.
- Todoroki (Past) - predecessor and also user of Kamen Rider Todoroki powers,in Kamen Rider Hibiki & The Seven Senki.
- Todoroki (A.R. World) - Counterpart and the user of the Kamen Rider Todoroki powers,in Kamen Rider Decade.
|Kamen Rider Hibiki|
|Primary: Hitoshi Hidaka - Iori Izumi - Tomizo Todayama - Zaomaru Zaitsuhara|
|Other: Daisuke Danda - Sakae Saeki - Eiki - Shiori Shinagawa - Akira Amami - Kyosuke Kiriya - Shouki|
|Ancient Sengoku Era Oni: Hibiki (past) - Ibuki (past) -Todoroki (past) - Kabuki - Tohki - Kirameki - Nishiki - Habataki|
|Ichiro Tachibana- Asumu Adachi - Kasumi Tachibana - Hinaka Tachibana - Midori Takizawa - Kounosuke Kogure|
|Allies: Hitomi Mochida - Ikuko Adachi|
|Leaders: The Real Man and Woman - The Man and Woman - Black Puppet - White Puppet - Super Douji and Hime|
|Giant Type Makamou: Tsuchigumo - Yamabiko - Bakegani - Ittanmomen - Ooari - Okubi - Otoroshi - Ubume - Yamaarashi - Oonamazu - Amikiri - Kamaitachi - Notsugo|
|Summer Type Makamou: Dorotabou - Kappa - Bakeneko - Uwan - Tengu - Hitotsumi|
|Special Makamou: Nanashi - Kasha - Yobuko - Midaredouji - Kodama - Satori - Rokurokubi - Orochi|
|View • Edit|