|This article is about a/an phenomenon in the Kamen Rider Series.|
In both the main Ryuki series and Decade's World of Ryuki, the card Time Vent allows its user send himself or someone else back in time. This person usually seems incapable of significantly altering the flow of time they encounter as they live back to the present, as Shinji Kido discovers much to his dismay.
In Kamen Rider Kabuto, Kamen Riders using the Hyper Zecter can move faster than light, therefore allowing them to time travel. The Zecter itself can also travel through time, allowing it to be used by more than one Rider, as seen in the now non-canon Kamen Rider Kabuto Hyper Battle Video, or to continue being used even after it is destroyed, such as in its debut episode.
Time Travelling Trains
In Kamen Rider Den-O, DenLiner, ZeroLiner, New DenLiner, Ghost Train, GaohLiner, Nega DenLiner, as well as KingLiner can be used to travel through the time stream, though usually only to specific points where a Rider Ticket points to (this, however, may be more down to choice by Owner's rules than the trains' actual capabilities, as seen in Den-O's finale). The Battleship Onigashima also has this ability.
- After riding on a time traveling train, the passenger would become a Singularity Point, which basically protects them from any temporal effects in the past. While only some humans like Ryotaro Nogami already possess this ability, Eiji Hino and Ankh became one the moment they stepped foot onto the DenLiner, although he stopped being one the moment he returned to his own timeline. .
Also in Den-O, after fulfilling the contracts made with their contract holders, the Imagins can open their host's body to go into the past to the point of their most intense memory. Kai is also capable of opening himself up as a time portal for an Imagin to any point in his own past without need for a contract to be made and fulfilled.
In Cho Kamen Rider Den-O & Decade Neo Generations: The Onigashima Warship Tsukasa Kadoya and Daiki Kaito travel to the past by using their Aurora Curtain. Tsukasa would later use this to travel from 2018 to 2015 to aid Another Ghost. He later used this ability to send Sougo Tokiwa to 2068. Daiki later demonstrated this ability by opening up a portal to 2068, where Ohma Zi-O was able to talk to Sougo and Geiz through the portal. Tsukasa demonstrated this ability again by taking Tsukuyomi to 2058.
In Kamen Rider Zi-O, the Time Mazines are capable of traveling from time to time. There were numerous units in 2068 that were mass-produced by the Resistance, until Ohma Zi-O destroyed all but the two that both Tsukuyomi and Geiz Myokoin have. The two escape to 2018, where they meet Sougo Tokiwa. Learning that the Time Jackers are creating Another Riders to massively destroy the time-stream, Sougo teams up with Geiz and Tsukuyomi to fight these Another Riders while using the Time Mazines to travel back and forth in time.
The Time Jackers also use Time Mazines to travel through different periods of time.
- The very first case of time travel and the only one to occur in the Showa era was in Kamen Rider Black, where Golgom's Cobra Mutant possessed a device that allowed him to travel through time.
- Kamen Rider Black RX, Robo Rider and Bio Rider once travel to the past to help his past self.
- The Evil Eye in Kamen Rider: Seigi no Keifu possesses the power to disrupt the natural flow and merge certain points of time, bringing Kamen Riders of several eras together.
- In finale of Kamen Rider Kiva, Masao Kurenai (future Kamen Rider Kiva) and Kivat-bat the 4th travel back in time to the present day (2009) from 2031 to fight alongside their predecessors against the Neo-Fangire, who have also come from 2031.
- In Cho Kamen Rider Den-O & Decade Neo Generations: The Onigashima Warship, an earthquake in 1980 causes a time crack, allows Mimihiko to go through.
- The space-time police force in Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider The Movie: Cho-Den-O Trilogy Episode Yellow has their own method of time-traveling.
- In Kamen Rider OOO Wonderful: The Shogun and the 21 Core Medals, Gara used a device empowered by the desire energy collected by the Bells to warp time over three locations as part of his plan.
- In Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Mega Max, a time crack was opened when a meteor landed in Japan, connecting the present to the point of 40 years in the future. This time crack collapses after Kamen Rider Aqua and future Ankh return to the future, but was briefly opened again by Aqua to distribute Super Core Medals to Kamen Rider OOO.
- Eel has the ability to open a time portal.
- In Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z, Saburo Kazeta somehow travels back in time to help his future teacher.
- In Kamen Rider Gaim, Mai Takatsukasa, the Woman of the Beginning, used power of the Forbidden Fruit to go back to the past in an attempt to change the history. However, according to DJ Sagara, whom can also enter the time stream, the structure of time itself is so complicated that not even the nigh-limitless power of the Golden Fruit can properly control traveling through it. As a result, she herself gets lost in multiple parallel timelines.
- In Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Ghost & Drive: Super Movie War Genesis, Ryu Tenkuji in 2005 somehow was able to open a wormhole to the Monolith in the basement of the Daitenku Temple in 2015 to bring his son in the past. When dying, he opened another wormhole to return his son and his friend to the present.
- Woz has the ability to travel through time and meet Zi-O where ever he is, although how he does it is unknown.
- As the Man of the Beginning, Kouta Kazuraba has the ability to travel through time, as such when he uses this ability to talk to Sougo Tokiwa in 2013.
|Timeline||Negated By||Featured in|
|Kohtaro Minami attempted to stops Nobuhiko Akizuki from going to their 19th birthday.||Cobra Mutant stopped Kohtaro and restored the history.||The Dangerous Time Thief|
|Crisis Empire revert Kohtaro Minami back to when he was Kamen Rider Black, attempts to kill him when he was weaker than Black RX.||Kohtaro himself repeatedly travel back in time and save his past self.||Kamen Rider: Run All Over the World|
|In the World of Ryuki, Reiko Momoi is murdered by Kamata, the Paradoxa Undead.||Shinji Tatsumi, using the Time Vent.||Kamen Rider Decade Battle Trial: Ryuki World|
|Hitching a ride on the DenLiner as it tracks a New Mole Imagin to November 11th in 1971, the Greeed Ankh accidentally leaves behind a Cell Medal which is recovered by Shocker, who combines it with the Core Medal they crafted to create the Shocker Greeed, the ultimate warrior who defeats the Double Riders, allowing Shocker to seize control of the Earth while allying with numerous villainous factions, seemingly erasing the Kamen Rider legacy.||Reversed in parts but not entirely negated as numerous Kamen Riders, restored by the people's memories, ultimately return to defeat Shocker and the Rock Great Leader himself on April 1st, 2011. (see OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders#Continuity and Placement)||OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders|
|Ryoma Sengoku discovers Kougane, a malicious lifeform derived from the Forbidden Fruit, who kills him. Following this, Lapis creates the Soccer World.||11 Armored Riders by defeating Kougane, allowing Lapis to rest.||Kamen Rider Gaim: Great Soccer Battle! Golden Fruits Cup!|
|Using the History Modifying Machine to send Kamen Rider 3 to eliminate the Double Riders on February 10th, 1973, Shocker proceeds to take over the Earth while brainwashing the future Kamen Riders to serve their cause.||Shurikenjin Tridoron, piloted by Kamen Rider Drive and five Ninningers, formed by Yoshitaka Igasaki.||Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3|
|1st loop: Go Shijima is killed by Cheetahkatatsumuri.|
2nd loop: Shinnosuke Tomari fails to save Go's life.
3rd loop: Shinnosuke sacrifies his own life to save Go from Arimammoth.
4th loop: As Deadheat Mach, Go is killed by Cheetahkatatsumuri.
5th loop: Shinnosuke is killed by Kamen Rider 4.
6th loop: Kiriko Shijima commits suicide in an attempt to stop the loops.
|History Modifying Machine||D-Video Special: Kamen Rider 4|
|Final loop: Shocker assembles its forces.||Takumi Inui, by destroying the Great Leader of Shocker's Axel Watch.||D-Video Special: Kamen Rider 4 Duel! The True Identity of Shocker's Great Leader|
|By the year 2035, Earth is dominated by the Future Roidmudes.||Kamen Rider Drive by destroying the Paradox Roidmude, whom had travelled from 2035 to fuse with his past self on August 8th, 2015.||Kamen Rider Drive: Surprise Future|
|The events of Super Movie War Genesis.||Kamen Rider Ghost: ~Memories of the Future~|
|World of Build||Sento Kiryu by combining his world with the prime reality, creating a new world where Evolto does not exist.||Kamen Rider Build|
|Time Jacker/Zi-O Timeline Alteration - Build:|
With the creation of Another Build, its existence causes a power disturbance, stripping both Build and Cross-Z of their Rider powers and altering the timeline itself. After Zi-O used Build powers to destroy Another Build, timeline remained altered.
|Temporary defeat of Another Build by means of not using the Build Ridewatch (temporary)||Kamen Rider Zi-O episodes 1 and 2|
|Time Jacker/Zi-O Timeline Alteration - Ex-Aid:|
With the creation of Another Ex-Aid, it's existence causes a power disturbance, stripping Ex-Aid, Brave, and Genm of their Rider powers and altering the timeline itself. After Zi-O used Ex-Aid powers to destroy Another Ex-Aid, timeline remained altered.
|Temporary defeat of Another Ex-Aid by means of not using the Ex-Aid Ridewatch (temporary)||Kamen Rider Zi-O episodes 3 and 4.|
|Time Jacker/Zi-O Timeline Alteration - Fourze:|
With the creation of Another Fourze to prolong his usage of Another Faiz's powers, it's existence causes a power disturbance, stripping Fourze and Meteor of their Rider powers and altering the timeline itself. After Zi-O used Fourze powers to destroy Another Fourze, timeline remained altered.
|Temporary defeat of Another Fourze by means of not using the Fourze Ridewatch (temporary)||Kamen Rider Zi-O episodes 5 and 6.|
|Time Jacker/Zi-O Timeline Alternation - Faiz:|
With the creation of Another Faiz, it's existence causes a power disturbance, stripping Faiz and Kaixa of their Rider powers and altering the timeline itself. After Geiz used Faiz powers to destroy Another Faiz, timeline remained altered.
|Temporary defeat of Another Faiz by means of not using the Faiz Ridewatch (temporary)||Kamen Rider Zi-O episodes 5 and 6.|
|Time Jacker/Zi-O Timeline Alteration - Wizard:|
With the creation of Another Wizard, it's existence causes a power disturbance, stripping Wizard and Beast of their Rider powers and altering the timeline itself. After Geiz used Wizard powers to destroy Another Wizard, timeline remained altered.
|Temporary defeat of Another Wizard by means of not using the Wizard Ridewatch (temporary)||Kamen Rider Zi-O episodes 7 and 8.|
|Time Jacker/Zi-O Timeline Alteration - OOO:|
With the creation of Another OOO, it's existence caused a power disturbance, stripping Eiji from his Rider powers and altering the timeline itself. After Zi-O used OOO powers to destroy Another OOO, timeline remained altered.
|Temporary defeat of Another OOO by means of not using the OOO Ridewatch (temporary)||Kamen Rider Zi-O episodes 9 and 10.|
|Time Jacker/Zi-O Timeline Alteration - Gaim|
With the creation of Another Gaim it's existence caused a power disturbance, stripping a pre-God version of Kouta from his Rider powers and creating a new and separate version of himself as apposed to his simultaneously existing god-self. After Zi-O used Gaim's powers to destroy Another Gaim, timeline remained altered.
|Temporary defeat of Another Gaim by means of not using the Gaim Ridewatch (temporary)||Kamen Rider Zi-O episodes 11 and 12.|
|Time Jacker/Zi-O Timeline Alteration - Ghost|
With the creation of Another Ghost. it's existence caused a power disturbance, stripping Takeru Tenkuji of his Rider powers and altering the timeline itself. After Zi-O used Decade's powers augmented with Ghost to destroy Another Ghost, timeline remained altered
|Prevent Makimura from becoming Another Ghost (negated).----
Temporary defeat of Another Ghost by means of not using the Ghost Ridewatch (temporary).
|In a vain attempt to defeat Another Ryuga, Geiz loses both his Ridewatch and his life.||Sougo, by using the power of Zi-O II to rewind time before defeating Another Ryuga.||Zi-O Strongest! 2019|
|Ohma Zi-O does not exist in 2068||Sougo Tokiwa decides to rewrite time rather than rule it||2019: Apocalypse|