|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Kiva.|
- "Kill! I will kill you with my own hands!"
- ―Takashi's words before battling Kiva[src]
Kamen Rider Arc (仮面ライダーアーク Kamen Raidā Āku, Masked Rider Arc), alternatively spelt Kamen Rider Ark, is the main antagonist of Kamen Rider Kiva: King of the Castle in the Demon World. He is the leader of the Legendorga race who was defeated by the original Kiva and sealed within a coffin.
When death row inmate, Takashi Sugimura (杉村 隆 Sugimura Takashi) stumbled onto his seal, the essence of the evil rider possessed him, preventing him from dying until Arc would rise with help from his minions.
- 1 History
- 2 Video game appearance
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Kamen Rider Arc
- 5 Equipment
- 6 Rider Cards
- 7 Behind the scenes
- 8 Notes
- 9 Appearances
- 10 References
- 11 External Link
Kamen Rider Kiva King of the Castle in the Demon World
As above stated, Kamen Rider Arc was a powerful leader of the Legendorga who led his race to glory, attacking any race that stood in his way. However, the original Kiva stood against Arc and defeated him. However, Arc was not gone for good, and his essence was sealed within a coffin.
Years later, the place where he was sealed became the ground for a prison, that included the mentally broken, Takashi Sugimura. When Sugimura tried to escape tried by taking hostage Towa Sakakibara However Otoya Kurenai and Wataru interfere his plans being cornered by the police, when the Zebra Fangire appeared, Takashi encounters ancient ruins under the prison he came across Arc's coffin. Arc then took over Sugimura's body before Sugimura spent the next twenty years in prison. according to Mamoru Shima, he was sent to death several times but did not die due to Arc.
In the present day, Sugirima tries to escape the prison but he is cornered. However, the Arc power manifested as a shock wave, giving Takashi enough time to escape. Arc's resurfacing commenced with the resurrection of his race, as soon as the Legendorga brought Sugimura to Arc's castle, the demonic Rider was fully revived within him. Keisuke Nago manages to track them to a local high school, where Wataru and Natsuki Tsukue study. Briefly taking her hostage, Nago and Wataru ruin his plans and later are arrested when they were being taken to the prison Mummy Legendorga and Medusa Legendorga plan his rescue seconds before Wataru as Kiva joined the battle. He witnesses the fight between the other Riders and Legendorga until Takato Shiramine as Rey appears to join the fighting. The distraction allowed the Mummy Legendorga and Takashi to help Medusa. When the Legendorga brought Sugimura to Arc's castle, the demonic Rider was fully revived within him.
Arc in Sugimura's body is seen is his castle among his Legendorga servants listening to humans' screams. When Arc touches a trumpet, he says that he will defeat the new Kiva and chooses to then play the trumpet. Arc and his race then commenced the takeover of humans and any race that stood in its way, while also targeting the current Kamen Rider Kiva, Wataru Kurenai. Eventually, Wataru and his father, Otoya Kurenai confronted Arc.
Arc attempted to make Wataru his servant through the Legendorga Baptism, becoming Kiva Flight Style. However, Otoya managed to communicate with his son and Wataru fought against Arc in a fierce battle leaving the castle destroyed when kiva launched his Darkness Moon Break, which with one blow blocked him in attempt to interfere with the transformation of Kiva Emperor. Arc, however, did not understand how his power was rivaled by Kiva. Faced with no other option, Arc decided to risk an all-or-nothing attack by drawing from the power of his race, by attracting the moon and resurfaces later as Legend Arc. Surprising Otoya by launching an attack that seriously damaged him, with it causing Wataru to fight more aggressively. Kiva in Flight Style took to the skies in an aerial dogfight, reaching the city with Castle Doran and Wataru finally destroying Ark.
Momotaros's King of the Castle in Burning Red
The Castle in the Demon World Mystery is Solved!
Episode Yellow: Treasure de End Pirates
During the events of Episode Yellow: Treasure de End Pirates, Kamen Rider Diend Complete Form summons Arc alongside seven other Movie Riders using the Attack Ride Card Gekijouban to defeat Kamen Rider G Den-O. Here, Arc uses a Rider Kick, possibly in order to better go along with the other Riders' ranged finishing moves (as occurred with Kamen Rider Glaive's Gravity Slash).
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER
Kamen Rider Arc appears on a poster, when Sento Kiryu and Sougo Tokiwa they find Ataru Hisanagahe brings them to his room which is filled with Kamen Rider memorabilia, with Sougo and Sento stunned to see toys of themselves. Ataru reveals that Kamen Riders are fictional.
Video game appearance
Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
Kamen Rider Arc appears as a playable character in this video game Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride.
Kamen Rider Riderbout
Kamen Rider Arc and Legend Arc appears as a playable character with the other Heisei and Showa kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Riderbout.
Kamen Rider Break Joker
Kamen Rider Ark appears as a playable character with other Riders and monsters in Kamen Rider Break Joker.
Kamen Rider Battride War II
Kamen Rider Arc reappeared as boss in Kamen Rider: Battride War II fighting against Kamen Rider Kiva and Kamen Rider Ixa , Ark that launches a powerful attack with your legs and both hands! Powerful attacks stand out. In addition, there are energy attacks that are fired from the forehead and attacks that make the rider.
Kamen Rider Battle Rush
Kamen Rider Arc appears as a playable and support character in the video game Kamen Rider Battle Rush using Rider Kick Finisher.
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Kamen Rider Arc and Legend Arc is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Powers and Abilities
- Possession: Arc is able to possess Takashi and kill his conciousness for him to take over.
- Legendorga Baptism: As is viewed in the movie Arc is able make Wataru his servant through the Legendorga baptism, becoming Kiva Flight Style.
Kamen Rider Arc
With the assistance of the mechanical monster Arc Kivat (アークキバット Āku Kibatto), he can transform into Arc, the King of the Castle in the Demon World.
- ―Arc Kivat's transformation announcement[src]
- Rider height: 320 cm
- Rider weight: 350 kg
- Ability perimeters
- Punching power: 25 t
- Kicking power: 60 t
- Maximum Jump Height: ∞ m
- Maximum running speed: 100 m. per 2 seconds
As Arc, he wields the 4m long Arc Trident (アークトライデント Āku Toraidento) able to cause climatic disasters on earth.
Kamen Rider Arc has the following parts:
- Arc Persona (アーク・ペルソナ Āku Perusona) - Arc's helmet with huge horns. It has a Dark Emperor Stone (闇の魔皇石 Yami no Ma Ō Seki) on his forehead which increases and controls demonic power to its utmost limit.
- Arc Tribal (アークトライバル Āku Toraibaru) - Patterns engraved on the chestplate. They disperse and release any surplus demonic power from the body, and prevents self destruction. It also creates a barrier with demonic power to mitigate damage from impacts.
- Dead Crusher (デッドクラッシャー Deddo Kurasshā) - A huge mouth on Kamen Rider Arc's chest. Inside is a black hole called Ultima Black Hole (ウルティマブラックホール Urutima Burakku Hōru) that quickly swallow targets and sends them to an infinite space of darkness.
- Catena (カテナ Katena) - The chains on the chest hwhich wrap over the Ultima Black Hole. The Ultima Black Hole within the Dead Crusher has the risk of swallowing up the surrounding space and even Arc himself due to its terrible suction. The Dead Crusher is kept closed with chains and only opens after Arc Kivat blows the Wake Up Fuestle.
- Shoulder Horn (ショルダーホーン Shorudā Hōn) - Huge shoulder pads made of Arc Metal (アークメタル Āku Metaru), which is even harder than Lucifer Metal and can be used as weapons during tackle attacks.
- Demon Skin (デモンスキン Demon Sukin) - The undersuit made of GaoraDoran leather, which is a massive dragon captured by the Legendorga. It is the same as Kiva's undersuit, but has extra layers for further protection.
- Goldie Vessel (ゴルディベッセル Gorudi Besseru) - The path where the demonic power flows through the body. They distribute demonic power throughout the body.
- Demon Breath (デモンブレス Demon Buresu) - A generator mounted on the wrists that concentrates demonic power and amplifies them to exert intense strength and punching power.
- Demon Finger (デモンフィンガー Demon Fingā) - The hands. It's strength has been amplified by the Demon Breath, making it powerful enough to squeeze a steel armored car. They can also repel attacks with the palm of his hands.
- Demon Armor (Full Body Armor) (デモンアーマー（全身の甲冑） Demon Āmā (Zenshin no Katchū)) - The grey armor all over Arc's body. They are made of Arc Metal, which is stronger than Lucifer Metal. They are as hard as diamonds, can withstand high heat surfaces comparable to the surface of the sun and does not deteriorate even at low temperatures. It surpasses the performance of Kiva as it is made on the premise that it is stronger than Kiva.
- Demon Anklet (デモンアンクレット Demon Ankuretto) - A generator mounted on the ankles that concentrates demonic power and amplifies them to exert powerful jumping and kicking power.
This form has the following finisher:
- Unnamed Rider Shooting: He can shoot a light bullet from his forehead.
- Unnamed Rider Kick: It was also shown that he can perform his own Rider Kick finisher.
- "Wake Up!"
- ―Arc Kivat's transformation announcement[src]
Through the use of the Wake Up Fuestle, Arc transforms into Legend Arc (レジェンドアーク Rejendo Āku) by assimilating the demon-eye of the moon to obtain the full power of his race, growing wings and a second set of arms. In this form,Kamen Rider Arc is able to fly. In the process, Arc Kivat assumes his Mecha Kivat (メカキバット Meka Kibatto) form as his persona cast comes off.
This form has the following finisher:
- Ultima Dead End (ウルティマデッドエンド Urutima Deddo Endo) As Legend Arc, he can open up the giant mouth/eye in his chest known as the Dead Crusher (デッドクラッシャー Deddo Kurasshā) and create the Ultima Black Hole (ウルティマブラックホール Urutima Burakku Hōru) to perform the finisher a barrage of light bullets with the destructive power of 120 t.
This form is exclusive to Kamen Rider Kiva: King of the Castle in the Demon World.
- Arc Kivat - Takashi's Kivat partner.
- Arc Kivat Belt - Transformation device that forms when Kivat bites Takashi.
- Fuestles - Whistle-like devices that activate a function, depending on the Fuestle.
- Arc Trident - Arc's personal weapon
- "Kamen Ride: Arc"
- ―Diendriver summoning announcement[src]
- Kamen Ride: Arc: A Rider Card containing the power of Kamen Rider Arc, possessed by Kamen Rider Diend. It is one of the eight cards used by Diend Complete Form. It summons Kamen Rider Arc.
Behind the scenes
- Arc's name comes from a Japanese word for "evil" (悪 aku).
- Kamen Rider Arc is the tallest/largest natural Kamen Rider to date at 3.2m tall.
- As Legend Arc, he is probably the strongest of the Kiva Riders on a brute strength level. He is also the largest Kiva Rider in said form.
- Kamen Rider Arc is the first Movie-Exclusive Rider to get a Final Form, followed by Eternal, Bujin Gaim, and Mars.
- Legend Arc is the only Movie-Exclusive Rider's Final Form where the transformation device is modified upon acquiring said Final Form.
- Arc's Trident is a repainted version of the Silkmoth Fangire's Mirage Trident.
- A unique element of Arc's main form is the Catena Chain-like seal over the Dead Crusher, as it's only removed when unleashing the full power of the Rider.
- While it acts similarly as a limiter like Kiva's, instead of limiting power output, it's presence is meant to limit the power of the black hole it seals from potentially killing Arc.
- Takashi Sugimura is the only Kiva Rider that doesn't have a A.R. World counterpart, or otherwise.
- He unlike the rest of the riders summoned by the Gekijyouban AttackRide card, didn't appear in the promotional poster of Episode Yellow: Treasure de End Pirates.
- While seemingly coincidental, the design of the Ark Kivat's persona mask appears to go from a lazy expression while right side up to a more malicious one when attached upside down on the belt.
- In Kamen Rider Zi-O Another Kiva's twisted belt is also similar to Kamen Rider Arc's Arc Kivat Belt and Arc Kivat.
- Kamen Rider Kiva
- Kamen Rider Den-O
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER (Only image)
- Takashi Sugimura in Kamen Rider Official Website.
- Kamen Rider Arc in Kamen Rider Official Website.
- Legend Arc in Kamen Rider Official Website.