|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Kiva.|
- "This is the final judgment from the king: Death!"
- ―Taiga's words to punish the Fangires who have done something he hates most.[src]
Taiga Nobori (登 太牙 Nobori Taiga) is the current king of the Fangire and Kamen Rider Saga (仮面ライダーサガ Kamen Raidā Saga, Masked Rider Saga). He later becomes Kamen Rider Dark Kiva (仮面ライダーダークキバ Kamen Raidā Dāku Kiba, Masked Rider Dark Kiva). Initially the fiance of Mio Suzuki, he learns that she becomes willing to abandon her Fangire heritage and her future as Queen of the Fangires to be together with his half-brother, Wataru Kurenai, resulting in conflict between the brothers.
Kamen Rider Kiva
Taiga was born prior to 1986 as the first born son of Maya, the Queen of the Checkmate Four, and the Checkmate Four's original King. He would receive the title of King at infancy after his father's death before he was spirited away by Maya to be raised by Mamoru Shima as a human child, wearing a glove over his hand to conceal his Checkmate Four crest. It would be while as a boy that he encounters Wataru Kurenai and the two become good friends until Taiga was spirited off, his childhood being under heavy watch.
Along with learning of his true nature as the Fangire offspring of the previous King and Queen of the Checkmate Four, Taiga developed a disdain for humans as he attacks Shima, scarring his foster father's back before taking his leave. As the current King, Taiga intends to prevent the progress of humanity from moving forward to the point of becoming a problem for Fangires like with Ixa. The crime becomes even more unforgivable should the guilty party be a Fangire. When executing an opponent, he says, "The King's sentence is given. It's death!" (王の判決を言い渡す。死だ! Ō no hanketsu o iiwatasu. Shi da!).
Though his Fangire form is a mystery, he displays impressive powers such as summoning a giant shadowy mass of vipers or conjuring up the Feathered Serpent called Kukulkan (ククルカン Kukurukan) and multiple giant Sagarc under a larger Mother Sagarc (マザーサガーク Mazā Sagāku) as his support.
By 2008, Taiga founded the funding company called Development & Pioneer (Ｄ＆Ｐ（ディベロープメント＆パイオニア） Diberōpumento ando Paionia), which serves as a front to attract those who need funding for research of the betterment of mankind. After watching corporate testing of a new metal, Taiga meets up with his old friend Wataru as the two catch up while he meets with his arranged fiancée Mio before introducing her to Wataru without realizing their relationship, having no idea of Mio's true feelings towards Wataru until overhearing her admit them to Wataru.
Though he acts calm, it is a cover as he sees his marriage to Mio as absolute and is devastated to learn of her relation to his best friend. Although told by the Bishop to kill Wataru, Taiga refuses and instead gives Wataru an invitation to the wedding between him and Mio, explaining that he's too weak to protect her. However, tensions rise more as he and Mio learn that Wataru is the one who inherited his father's power as Kiva. After learning his mother's location, Taiga learns from her his biological relationship to Wataru as his half-brother.
With this information, Taiga decides instead of killing Wataru, he wants his brother to become their ally, having the Bishop awaken the Fangire blood within Wataru for that purpose. Believing he succeeds in winning Wataru on his side as his right-hand man, Taiga sees marrying Mio the final step to his ideal life being realized with Maya giving him his birth-right as his father's successor to Kiva's power. When Wataru informs him that he wishes to live as himself and not as either human or Fangire, Taiga is shocked and infuriated to the point of conjuring up a Mother Sagarc and her offspring to educate Wataru unsuccessfully, before confronting his half-brother. He makes several more unsuccessful attempts to bring Wataru to his side, and when refused each time, he is forced to fight him.
After an incident in which Shima is critically injured by the Sungazer Fangire, Taiga opts to save him. However, this is a front as he instead transfuses Fangire power into Shima's body, fully healing him in the process while making him into another Sungazer Fangire. At the same time, Mio accepts Taiga's marriage proposal (unaware of her own plans), and undergoes the marriage ritual with her, refusing to accept that she made an attempt on his life. When Shima confronts Taiga to fight, he fakes the fight to make it seem like he killed his stepfather in order to provoke Wataru into fighting him. After Kiva gains the upper hand on Saga, he goes in for the kill, only for Mio to intervene and take the final blow in Saga's place. The sudden interference and Mio's subsequent death leaves Taiga to vow on killing Wataru.
However, Taiga learns that it was actually the Bishop, not Wataru, who killed Mio. Enraged, Taiga beats the Bishop to a bloody pulp before the Fangire runs off, now seeing Taiga unworthy to be his King. Later, Taiga encounters Wataru when dropping off flowers at Mio's gravesite, revealing the truth to him before he accepts Wataru's challenge. However, the battle is interrupted by the Bishop who brings an army of revived Fangires to ambush Saga in an act of vengeance.
After he was defeated by Kiva, Taiga loses his standing among his Fangire peers as Wataru becomes the new King of the Fangires in his place. Refusing to let this happen, Taiga knocks out Maya in a fit of rage in an attempt to acquire the power of Dark Kiva. He would then use said power to settle things with Wataru once and for all, but in the end, he learns the truth from Shima of Wataru`s actions and helps him fight the revived Bat Fangire. Taiga and Wataru eventually fight each other one last time with the title the Fangire King after defeating the Bat Fangire at the behest of Maya who turned out to be alive. The outcome of their battle was not shown. After regaining his position as D&P's president and presenting a plan to find an alternate source of energy for the Fangires to thrive on, Taiga meets up with Wataru and his future nephew Masaru as they join up with the others to fight the Neo-Fangire.
Post Series and other events
S.I.C. Hero Saga
King of Vampire
based on Kamen Rider Kiva. The story follows the life of the characters following the finale while expanding on other instances in the history of the 1986 storyline.
At Nago and Megumi’s wedding Kivat’s sister, Kiva-la suddenly arrives warning them that the Lion Fangire has become a giant Sabbat. And so as Wataru become Kiva Emperor, Nago Ixa Rising and Taiga Dark Kiva, Kiva-la agrees to help Megumi fight, transforming her into Kamen Rider Kiva-la to fight the Sabbat
Kamen Rider Decade
Super Den-O Beginning
Kamen Rider Saga appears summon with Sasword by Kamen Rider Diend, to fight Momotaros that possessed Yusuke, later they start focusing their rage on Den-O.
Here Comes Super Momotaros!
Kamen Rider Saga reappears with Sasword and Diend continuing the battle, dominating Den-O, finished Diend with Final Attack Rider to Den-O Sword Form defeating him.
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
Kamen Rider Saga was part of a group of reinforcement riders led by Akira Date/Kamen Rider Birth to aid the primary riders in defeating the Rock Great Leader. All the Kamen Riders got on their bikes and performed the powerful All Rider Break attack which destroyed the Great Leader.
Appearances in other media
Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders Super Spin-off
That One! Eitoku: Beware of Eito-kun?
Kamen Rider Saga appears withalong Rey, KickHopper, Diend and Den-O Rod Form, cited as examples of the costumes worn by Eitoku, later in the beginning of the questionnaire and Kenichi asks which Rider is Eitoku, referring to those Riders, it is finally discovered that it is Saga.
Video Game Appearances
Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes
Kamen Rider Saga is an unlockable and playable character with the other Kamen Riders in Super Climax Heroes.
to be added
Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
Kamen Rider Saga appears as a playable character in this video game Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride.
Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing
Kamen Rider Saga is a playabled character in Kamen Rider Battle Ganbarizing..
Kamen Rider Saga is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Kamen Rider Dark Kiva made his debut in the video game Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis, not as a playable character but a tag partner.
Other Game appearances
Kamen Rider Saga appears with other Kamen Riders and Monters in Battle Spirits.
- Wataru Kurenai - Half-brother, Kamen Rider Kiva
- King - Father, Kamen Rider Dark Kiva
- Maya - Mother, Pearlshell Fangire
- Otoya Kurenai - Step-father, Kamen Rider Proto-Ixa (Later Kamen Rider Dark Kiva)
- Masao Kurenai - Half-Nephew, Kamen Rider New Kiva
- Mamoru Shima - Foster father
As the offspring of the Fangire King and Maya, Taiga has inherited some parts of their personality and powers. While mostly cool and calm like the both of them, he is also capable of having a fiery temper like his father. He was also very commanding, arrogant and proud of his status as the King of Fangires. Unlike his father who tried to show no emotion concerning love though, Taiga was somewhat the opposite.
Taiga originally hated most humans (aside from Wataru whom he later found out was his half brother) because of his past with them and saw them as livestock like most Fangires. He also originally tried to prevent the humans from evolving and becoming a threat to Fangires. It was presumably this side of his personality which led to him having a falling out with both Mio and Wataru.
Although somewhat sharp, he can sometimes be oblivious as well. When he lost almost everything, Taiga showed a desperate side and went to Maya despite his earlier comments about her, hinting a helpless side as well. Despite these faults, Taiga wasn't truly evil and showed some loyalty towards others he cared about. He also cared about Maya and Shima despite holding a grudge against the both of them. As Shima stated later on, Taiga actually has some kindness in his heart which he showed from time to time. He also showed guilt and repentance when he knocked out Maya to steal Kivat-bat the 2nd. After changing for the better thanks to Wataru, Taiga became more accepting of other species and created a project which will nourish the Fangires (and presumably the rest of the Demon Races which require life energy) without human life energy. he also seemingly became more humble and kind.
With his Fangire powers, Taiga has rather impressive powers related to snakes. This potential was noted by Bishop himself who has stated Taiga's powers to be around 1st or 2nd place even out of all the previous Fangire Kings. Even as Saga, Taiga had enormous power and initially overpowered Wataru as Kiva Emperor Form. After Wataru became more mature and confident, Taiga soon found himself the weaker of the two. This gap mostly closed up when he gained Kivat-bat the 2nd, although he seemed unable to use it as effectively as both his predecessors.
- ―Sagarc's Transformation announcement[src]
- Rider height: 205 cm
- Rider weight: 110 kg
- Ability perameters
Saga's only form is accessed by inserting the Jyacorder (ジャコーダー Jakōdā) into Sagarc after the Sagarc Belt is formed. Taiga usually reserves the ability to transform into Kamen Rider Saga for occasions when he, as King of the Checkmate 4, must execute a Fangire who has been deemed guilty of helping humanity.
The Jyacorder also doubles as Saga's primary, and only, weapon. In battle, it has two modes, the rapier-like Rod Mode (ロッドモード Roddo Mōdo) and the whip-like Bute Mode (ビュートモード Byūto Mōdo). Saga also uses the Jyacorder, in conjunction with his Wake Up Fuestles to perform his Snaking Death-break (スネーキングデスブレイク Sunēkingu Desubureiku) finishing attack, where he impales the target with the Jyacorder in whip mode, and hangs them until they are destroyed.
The Saga armor, also known as the "Armor of Fate" were created by the Knight and Pawn, 2 brothers who also created the Kiva and Dark Kiva armors. A small golem Sagarc was created to control the armor and act as its transformation device. The first Fangire King wore the Saga armor and struck fear in the hearts of the demon races.
Taiga would later discard Sagarc, and his power as Saga, to partner with Kivat-Bat the 2nd and gain the power of Dark Kiva.
Kamen Rider Saga has the following parts:
- Saga Persona (サガ・ペルソナ Saga Perusona) - Saga's helmet that has a King's Crown design on the head. It is the base of Kiva's Persona and shares several parts with it. As it is the precursor of Kiva, the Fangire-like Eternal Glass design attracts attention. The defense and intelligence gathering capabilites are the same as Kiva's.
- Dark Lens (ダークレンズ Dāku Renzu) - Huge eyes that improve visual acuity. Saga can get visual information with 200 degree viewing angle and 300 meters away. It can also see through solid objects that contributes to finding enemy weaknesses, and allows Saga to attack their weakpoints with a special attack.
- Wild Nose (ワイルドノーズ Wairudo Nōzu) - An olfactory amplifying device that enhances the sense of smell to be 1 million times than that of a human. Footprints of escaped Fangire can be track by detecting their scent. Parts are similar to Kiva's.
- Viper Frame (バイパーフレーム Baipā Furēmu) - The reinforced frame of the helmet with the motif of a snake. It is made of Lucifer Metal, and protects the wearer's head. The nanomachines inside fixes damaged areas of the Persona.
- Viper Crusher (バイパークラッシャー Baipā Kurasshā) - Metal fangs made of sharpened Lucfer Metal. It has a bite force of 1.2t and can chew through a steel ball that's 8cm in diameter. An air purifier inside purifies toxins and allows breathing even in a vacuum. Parts are similar to Kiva's.
- King's Crown (キングスクラウン Kingusu Kuraun) - The crown is made of the magical "Fang Stone", its design indicating it as an armor made for a king. Its hardness is comparable to a diamond and it can boost power similar to the Demon Emperor Stone. Alongside the red Demon Emperor Stone, they work together to maximize Saga's power.
- Forbidden Fruit (Demon Emperor Stone/ Red) (禁断の実（魔皇石／紅) Kindan No Mi (Ma Ō Ishi/ Kurenai)) - The gemstone mounted on Saga Chakra is the first discovered gemstone called "Forbidden Fruit". By harmonizing with the King's Crown, it can draw out the dormant power within Taiga Noboori and amplify them. The Lucifer Metal frame disperses the surplus energy and protects the body.
- Eternal Glass (エターナルグラス Etānaru Gurasu) - The stained glass-like structure that resembles the body structure of Fangires. The Eternal Lung on the chest store the power released from Taiga Noboori's body. They supply energy necessary to sustain life and protect the user.
- Dark Phone (ダークフォン Dāku Fon) - The "ears". The sensitivity can be adjusted according to the wearer's will, with it in its highest sensitivity allowing the wearer to hear the sound of a needle dropping from 2km away.
- Jet Black Demon Emperor Stone (漆黒の魔皇石 Shikkoku No Ma Ō Ishi) - The most precious of the Demon Emperor Stones, this one can amplify power equivalent to that of the three Demon Emperor Stones in Kiva's Hell's Gate. This stone is only inherited by the king of the Fangire.
- Eternal Lung (エターナルラング Etānaru Rangu) - The stained glass chestplate that resembles the body structure of the Fangire. It stores the power released from Taiga Noboori's body and supply energy necessary to sustain life and protect the user.
- Viper Collar (バイパーカラー Baipā Karā) - Lucifer metal collar armor that protects the chest and head. Lucifer gold is coated on the inside of the collar to amplify power. It creates an invisble barrier to protect the upper body.
- Doran Mail (ドランメイル Doran Meiru) - The undersuit. It is made from GaoraDoran leather. It protects the wearer against extreme weather conditions.
- BaroQueing Armor (バロッキングアーマー Barok Kingu Āmā) - The shoulder armor, made of precious stones called Fangstones. Fangstone can amplify demonic power and has the hardness of diamonds.
- Dunamis Catena (デュナミスカテナ De~yunamisu Katena) - Unlike the Catena on Kiva's armor, the Catena on Saga does not bind and support Saga's abilities. Instead, they expand and contract to increase the motor skills of Saga.
- BaroQueing Elbow Armor (バロッキングエルボーアーマー Barokkingu Erubō Āmā) - The Fangstone elbow armor protects the elbow and amplifies strength.
- BaroQueing Brace (バロッキングブレス Barokkingu Buresu) - The bracelet made of Fangstone. Despite not having a Demon Emperor Stone, it can still draw the same ability with the Fangstone.
- BaroQueing Knee Armor (バロッキングニーアーマー Barokkingu Nī Āmā) - The kneepads made of Fangstone to increase leg strength.
- BaroQueing Anklet (バロッキングアンクレット Barokkingu Ankuretto) - The power amplifiers attached on the ankles made of Fangstone. The kicking and jumping power is increased 10 times even they don't have a Demon Emperor Stone.
Kamen Rider Saga's ending theme is entitled "Roots of the King".
- Rider Height: 205 cm
- Rider Weight: 112 kg
- Ability perameters
Dark Kiva only appears to have one form, similar to that of Kiva Emperor Form in black and red. However, Dark Kiva does not require the use of a being such as Tatsulot to achieve this form, and has no chains on his body as Kiva needs to control his power. As Dark Kiva, Taiga retains all the powers that his father, the original King of the Checkmate Four, used in this form; Taiga, however, retains Saga's personal weapon, the Jyacorder.
As Maya would later explain, the Kiva power cannot be used by a normal human, as usage would ultimately result in death. This would prove to be true, as Otoya had used the Dark Kiva power a total of three times before finally dying due to the strain it put on his body. Shima also mentioned this when Wataru revealed his heritage to him.
In search of power stronger than the Saga armor, the Fangire created a new armor meant for the second king. The armor is also known in dialogue as the "Kiva of Darkness" (闇の木場 Yami no Kiba), and can reach its limits by accessing the wearer's natural abilities, but it has the drawback of making the wearer lose control. The first King, now equipped with the Dark Kiva armor used the Wake Up III finisher "King's World End" during the fight against the Legendorgas. Due to the huge loss of Fangire life after the finisher was used, Knight and Pawn sealed off the use of the finishing attack.
Kamen Rider Dark Kiva has the following parts:
- King's Persona (キングス・ペルソナ Kingusu Perusona) - Dark Kiva's helmet. The bat-like wings on the head are called "Zenon Stabilizers", and spreads the stress on the user's brain by maximizing the demonic power of the user and armor.
- Darkness Breast (ダークネスブレスト Dākunesu Buresuto) - A depressant called Darkness Tar is applied to the armor to control the demonic power which is amplified by the 3 Demon Emperor Stones to prevent self destruction. The silver stripe in the center is called the Satan's Vessel (サタンベッセル Satan Besseru). It is an energy conduit which is connected to Kivat Bat II to control the demonic power.
- Demon Emperor Stone (魔皇石 Ma Ō Ishi) - Like Kiva Emperor Form, the stones control the air, water and Earth, and amplifies the strength of the user by ten. The purity is higher than Emperor Form's 3 stones and has stronger amplification powers.
- Darkness Veil (ダークネスベール Dākunesu Bēru) - The cape. It can neutralize all physical attacks in the world. By swinging the cape, Dark Kiva can generate a blade of darkness to penetrate enemy defenses.
- Satan Mail (サタンメイル Satan Meiru) - The undersuit made of GaoraDoran leather. The material is rare, and it is made using the finest quality 1200 year-old Doran leather, and boasts 3 times the defense of Kiva's armor.
- Bloody Shoulder (ブラッディショルダー Buraddi Shorudā) - The shoulder armor made of polished Bloody Stone, has a blade that is sharp enough to cut like a razor with just a touch. It functions as armor and a powerful weapon in close combat.
- Bloody Armor (ブラッディアーマー Buraddi Āmā) - The bright crimson armor made of Bloody Stone. It is said it is not possible to refine it further, it stores demonic power and combines the power with the user.
- Stabilize Shadow (スタビライズシャドー Sutabiraizu Shadō) - The black lines on the Bloody Armor. They are restraint bands made of Darkness Tar with the purpose of cooling down the demonic power to protect the user from being overpowered and self destructing as a result.
Kamen Rider Dark Kiva's ending theme, entitled "Supernova" (only in the finale), also doubles as the ending theme for Kamen Rider Kiva's Emperor Form.
Appearances: Kiva Episode 47-48
- Sagarc Belt - Saga's ransformation belt
- Kivat-bat the 2nd -Dark Kiva's Kivat partner
- Dark Kivat Belt - Dark Kiva's transformation device that forms when Kivat bites Taiga
- Fuestles - Whistle-like devices that activate special abilities
- Jyacorder - Saga's personal weapon
- Kamen Ride: Saga: A Rider Card containing the power of Kamen Rider Saga. Used by Diend to summon Kamen Rider Saga. First used in the World of Den-O to fight M-Yuusuke.
Behind the scenes
Taiga Nobori is portrayed by Shouma Yamamoto (山本 匠馬 Yamamoto Shōma). Yamamoto also portrayed Takato Shiramine/Kamen Rider Rey in Kamen Rider Kiva: King of the Castle in the Demon World. As a child, he was portrayed by Yugo Kishizawa (岸澤 優吾 Kishizawa Yūgo).
- Saga resembles the king chess piece, and the suit's design also incorporates serpents (specifically the viper) and stained glass.
- Saga's name may come from the Japanese word for "nature" or "characteristic" (性 saga). The "Ga" in the name may also be based on the kanji for "Fang" (牙) that can be also read as "Kiba"
- Taiga's Fangire Form was never shown in the series despite being the King of the Fangires.
- It is hinted though that he might be the Snake Fangire.
- Since he has shown desire to have the powers of Dark Kiva, that may mean his Fangire powers are lower than it and possibly Saga which he often used instead.
- Taiga also shared his name with Taiga Nozomu, the human host of Ultraman Zero.
- As Saga, Taiga has one of the most complex finishers for a Rider.
- Kamen Rider Saga shares his name, but is not to be confused, with an Ultraman.
- Snaking Death Break might be a homage to how Shamisen no Yuji from the 1981 TV series Shin Hissatsu Shigotonin kills various enemies.
- Taiga & Wataru Kurenai are the first two Riders who are blood brothers, later followed by Takatora & Mitsuzane Kureshima who become the first two Riders to be full brothers.
- In the final battle against Bat Fangire, it seems that Taiga is unaware that Bat Fangire is in fact his father, and had been trying to used Taiga for his ambition at first, then changed his mind to kill Taiga and Maya for being worthless to him. Ironically, Taiga was the one who killed his father for good when he was an infant in 1986, prior his father's revival during a final battle against him in 2008.
- This is first belt in the Heisei period that spins, the other is the Drive Driver.
- Kamen Rider Saga's ending theme is entitled "Roots of the King".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 "TV Asahi's page for Saga". https://web.archive.org/web/20160618134053/http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiva/rider/saga_00.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=420&width=400.
- ↑ https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/dictionaries/works_search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search_dictionaries_form%5Bkamen_rider_id=9&search_dictionaries_form%5Bicon=11&initial=%E3%81%95
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 "TV Asahi's page for Dark Kiva". https://web.archive.org/web/20121024000555/http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiva/rider/darkkiva_00.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=420&width=400.
- ↑ https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/dictionaries/works_search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search_dictionaries_form%5Bkamen_rider_id=9&search_dictionaries_form%5Bicon=11&initial=%E3%81%9F
- Taiga Nobori in Kamen Rider Official Website.
- Kamen Rider Saga in Kamen Rider Official Website.
- Kamen Rider Dark Kiva in Kamen Rider Official Website.
|Wataru Kurenai - Kivat-bat the 3rd - Demon Imperial Dragon Tatsulot - Castle Doran - Shoodoran|
|The Arms Monsters: Jiro - Ramon - Riki|
|Gear: Kivat Belt - Fuestles - Demon Imperial Sword Zanvat Sword - Machine Kivaa|
|2008: Mamoru Shima - Keisuke Nago - Kengo Eritate - Megumi Aso|
|1986: Otoya Kurenai - Yuri Aso|
|The Checkmate Four:|
|1986: Queen I - King I|
|2008: Bishop - Rook - King II - Queen II|
|Pawns: Horse Fangire - Octopus Fangire - Moth Fangire - Sheep Fangire - Ryo Itoya - Prawn Fangire - Frog Fangire - Earwig Fangire - Rhinoceros Fangire - Seastar Fangire - Ladybug Fangire - Chameleon Fangire - Grizzly Fangire - Shark Fangire - Crab Fangire - Cicada Fangire - Warthog Fangire - Moose Fangire - Horsefly Fangire - Rat Fangire - Mantis Fangire - Seamoon Fangire - Silkmoth Fangire - Polar Bear Fangire|
|Takato Shiramine - Takashi Sugimura|
|Mummy Legendorga - Medusa Legendorga - Mandrake Legendorga - Gargoyle Legendorga - Antlion Legendorga|
|View • [Edit]|