|This article is about a rider in Kamen Rider 555.|
|"I'm going to try... Even if I don't know what I can do."|
|―Shuji after destroying the Stagbeetle Orphnoch[src]|
Syuji Mihara (三原 修二, Mihara Shūji) is one of the protagonists in the Kamen Rider Series installment, Kamen Rider 555, a young man who fights the Orphnochs as Kamen Rider Delta (仮面ライダーデルタ, Kamen Rider Deruta, Masked Rider Delta) as the current user of the Delta Gear.
- 1 History
- 2 Post Series and other events
- 2.1 Kamen Rider Decade
- 2.2 OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
- 2.3 D-Video Special: Kamen Rider 4
- 2.4 Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER
- 3 Video Game appearances
- 3.1 Kamen Rider 555 video game
- 3.2 All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution
- 3.3 Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes
- 3.4 Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride
- 3.5 Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing
- 3.6 Kamen Rider Riderbout
- 3.7 Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis
- 3.8 Kamen Rider Batton-Line
- 3.9 Kamen Rider Battle Rush
- 3.10 Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes
- 3.11 Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
- 3.12 Battle Spirits
- 3.13 Kamen Rider City Wars
- 4 Fighting Skill
- 5 Personality
- 6 Kamen Rider Delta
- 7 Equipment
- 8 Legend Rider Devices
- 9 Behind the scenes
- 10 Notes
- 11 Appearances
- 12 References
- 13 External Links
After Rina was hit by a truck retrieving the Delta case he had thrown into the street, he resolved to stop running and fight alongside the others.
Takumi then found and helped Shuji and Rina by transforming into Kamen Rider Delta and fought an Orphnoch attacking them. However he faints soon after and Rina tries to show compassion, with Shuji having doubts from Masato. When he woke, he then decides that he would rather die than become Smart Brain's ally.
Confronting Lucky Clover
Shuji finally decides to enter the battle with the Orphnochs as Delta and appears as Masato begins to battle the rest of Lucky Clover. Aki dies as a result of his battle with Masato. As the story comes to a close, Takumi seems to have made the decision to fight alongside Masato and Shuji as Faiz.
The three riders transform to fight Orphnochs. Later, Shuji is seen reuniting with Rina in the hospital.
Hunt For Orphnoch
Shuji and Masato appears fight against Crab Orphnoch. A few moments later, Takumi transforms to Faiz protect the Orphnoch and fights Kaixa and Delta, but despite Faiz's interference, the Crab suffered a breakdown and died. Masato argues with Takumi for protecting the Orphnoch, causing Shuji trying to stop the fight.
After being mortally wounded by Faiz, Kaixa, and Delta's attacks, Murakami offers his life to the Orphnoch King. Smart Lady arrives summoning Masato and Takumi to Smart Brain Headquarters to meet the new President. Along with Shuji, they are shocked to discover that is is Yuji. Yuji catches up with Takumi, Naoya, and Shuji kill all Riotroopers as Faiz Axel Form, the Snake Orphnoch, and Delta respectively. With Masato killed by Yuji as Kaixa
As the gang fights Kitazaki assumed his Orphnoch form to avenge Masato's death. Kitazaki is injured by Faiz and Delta. Kitazaki is whipped by Takuma's Orphnoch form before Kitazaki is executed by Arch Orphnoch, who consumes his body. Takumi comes to the realization that Teruo and the Orphnoch King are one and the same and transforms into Faiz in an attempt to kill him. He stops his punch at the last moment, Kiba then appears, transforms into Kaixa and they duel.
Final Battle against King Orphnoch
Later, Takumi was saved by the combined efforts of Keitaro, Mari, Naoya (who found out from Yuji and told the others), Shuji, and Rina before being confronted by Yuji again. Both he and Yuji then have one last battle that involved their powers as Faiz and Kaixa and Orphnochs. Takumi is able to claim victory as he spares Kiba's life because he said that he is "human". With a renewed sense of living, Yuji agrees to help Takumi and Shuji take down the King using the power of the three Gears. The fight doesn't go so well when the Kaixa Gear is destroyed. Before Yuji died, Faiz managed to land a hit on the King, defeating the King and killing Yuji. After the series, Shuji, Mari, and Rina were the only surviving members of Ryusei School as now that Shuji along with Rina had run the orphanage which had previously been run by Smart Brain.
Post Series and other events
Kamen Rider Decade
Kamen Rider Delta appears with other kamen Riders commanded by Wataru Kurenai, but all are
murdered by Decade in the first episode of Kamen Rider Decade in the dream of Natsumi Hikari. The dream concluded with Decade as the only Rider in the Rider War. 「Rider War」
Delta reappeared with Kamen Rider Tiger as shadows in a dimensional distortion caused by Narutaki to take KickHopper and PunchHopper out of the World of Kuuga. Judging from KickHopper's comment "Another hell awaits.", it can be assumed that the two Riders were waiting to fight them. 「Transcendence」
Reunion: Project Agito
Kamen Rider Diend summons Kamen Rider Drake and Delta to fight the Gurongi. Later, Diend uses Cross Attack to ambush Kamen Rider Exceed Gills but Tsukasa, as Decade, interfered and tries to protect him, only to have his belt stolen by Gills with no defense against Diend's summoned Delta's Lucifer's Hammer finisher at the end of the episode.
「Reunion: Project Agito」
Awakening: Tornado of Souls
After Yusuke saves Tsukasa from Delta's attack, Gills is about to fight when he is overcome by pain when the Taurus Ballista, Formica Regia and Lords appears to try to kill him, easily defeating Kamen Rider Drake and Delta.
「Awakening: Tornado of Souls」
The Destroyer of Worlds
In the special version of episode 31, Kamen Rider Delta is seen as one of the many Kamen Riders who fought in the Rider War against Decade and were all destroyed. They were presumably restored after the destruction (and subsequent revival) of Decade at the end of the Rider War and the worlds were restored. 「The Destroyer of Worlds」
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
Kamen Rider Delta was part of a group of reinforcement riders led by Akira Date/Kamen Rider Birth to aid the primary riders in defeating the Rock Great Leader. All the Kamen Riders got on their bikes and performed the All Rider Break attack which destroyed the Great Leader. 「OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders」
D-Video Special: Kamen Rider 4
Duel! The True Identity of Shocker's Great Leader
Though not making an appearance, Takumi references Syuji alongside the others when contemplating about his given situation. 「Duel! The True Identity of Shocker's Great Leader」
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER
Kamen Rider Delta appears as a toy, when Sento Kiryu and Sougo Tokiwa they find Ataru Hisanagahe brings them to his room which is filled with Kamen Rider memorabilia, with Sougo and Sento stunned to see toys of themselves. Ataru reveals that Kamen Riders are fictional.「Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER」
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider 555 video game
All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution
Syuji Mihara as Kamen Rider Delta, appeared as an unlockable character in All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution. His Rider Finisher Attack is calling Jet Slinger and he shoots his opponent with its missiles.
Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes
Kamen Rider Delta is an unlockable and playable character with the other Kamen Riders in Super Climax Heroes.
Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride
Kamen Rider Delta appears as a playable and support character in the video game Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride.
Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing
Kamen Rider Delta is a playable character in Kamen Rider Battle Ganbarizing, alongside other Heisei, Showa, and Reiwa era Kamen Riders.
Kamen Rider Riderbout
Kamen Rider Delta appears as a playable character with the other Heisei and Showa Kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Riderbout.
Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis
Kamen Rider Delta appears as Rider summoned by Kamen Rider Diend in Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis.
Kamen Rider Batton-Line
Kamen Rider Delta Storm appears as a playable character in Kamen Rider Batton-Line among other Riders in the game.
Kamen Rider Battle Rush
Kamen Rider Delta appears as a playable and support character in the video game Kamen Rider Battle Rush using Lucifer Hammer.
Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes
Kamen Rider Delta appears as a playable character with others Kamen Riders in the video game, performing his Lucifer's Hammer against his enemies Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes.
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Kamen Rider Delta is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Kamen Rider Delta appears with other Kamen Riders and Monsters in Battle Spirits.
Kamen Rider City Wars
Kamen Rider Delta is playable character with other Kamen Riders of Heisei and Showa Era and monsters in Kamen Rider City Wars.
Shuji is a complete amateur in terms of fighting. This disadvantage lead to him being the weakest fighter among the trio riders, despite wearing the strongest Rider Gear ever made. During fights, he rarely plans his attack and often rushes into battle without thinking. The Delta Gear's strength, however, was able to protect Shuji well enough to let him survive in any fight.
Shuji is a relatively cowardly member of Ryusei School who would rather forget about Orphnochs and go back to living a normal life. However, he is not one to betray friends, and when the Delta Driver was in the Ryusei School's group, it become his ultimate chance to help. It is possible that Shuji's pure heart to help friends despite his cowardice was able to protect him from the side effects of the Delta Gear.
Kamen Rider Delta
- Punching Power: 3.5 t.
- Kicking Power: 8 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 38 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5.7 sec.
Kamen Rider Delta's finishing attack is called the Lucifer's Hammer (ルシファーのハンマー, Rushifā no hanmā) this finisher is executed when the Photon Stream is shot from the Delta Mover and when it connects, it stuns the adversary, in which the Rider executes either a bicycle kick or a front dropkick into the stream, causing the enemies' destruction.
The Delta Armor has several key features in its design. Unlike the Gear, the armor only exists after the wearer transforms.
- Photon Blood - A glowing substance that provides all of the Rider’s powers and generates all of the physical features of the armor. The Photon Blood is generated from the Delta Driver.
- Sol Foam/Metal - Soft parts of the armor are made of Sol Foam, and the hard parts are made of Sol Metal 228. This substance is generated by the Delta Driver to form complex machinery that is powered by Photon Blood. If the Foam or Metal are damaged, the armor switches off and resets itself.
- Black Shell Met (ブラックシェルメット, Burakku Sheru Metto) - The head. It is a reinforced helmet developed by Smart Brain, and has a thin shell layer made out of Sol Metal (ソルメタル, Soru Metaru), a super-metal with a hardness close to that of a diamond. An impact absorption bag is installed inside.
- Receiver Slate (レシーバー・スレート Reshībā Surēto) - The large triangle on the forehead of the Black Shell Met. It receives the Demon's Idea from the Demon's Slate on the chest armor, and is directly connected to its wearer's brain by a capillary cable which has a diameter of 0.52 nanometers.
- Ultimate Finder (アルティメットファインダー, Arutimetto Faindā) - The large eyepieces of the Rider give them 180 degrees anterior field of view. They also allow the wearer to have night vision and X-ray vision.
- Global Feeler: The antenna on the Rider’s head can be used to communicate with the Smart Brain Satellite and the Smart Brain computer network.
- Shoulder Sword (ショルダースウォード Shorudā Suōdo) - Delta's shoulder armor. It is made out of Sol Metal 228, a super-metal developed by Smart Brain that has a hardness close to that of a diamond. When used in shoulder tackles, it concentrates Delta's Photon Blood, making it a powerful weapon.
- Demon's Slate (デモンズ・スレート) - A strengthening device located directly on the triangle part of the chest plate. It forcibly raises the frequency of Delta's gamma brain waves to increase his fighting instincts. However, it can change the wearer's personality and cause mental breakdown if used for too long.
- Delta Lung (デルタラング Deruta Rangu) - The triangular chest armor found under the Demon's Slate. It is made out of Sol Metal: a super-metal developed by Smart Brain which has a hardness close to that of a diamond. It disperses the force of any sustained impact in a thousandth of a second, and is durable enough to directly take the firepower of a tank. In addition to this extreme durability, the Delta Lung also features a built-in oxygen tank that can supply its user with oxygen for up to 3 hours.
- Bright Streams (ブライトストリーム Buraito Sutorīmu) - The white lines running through Delta's Armor, which carry white photon blood that has the same power output as Faiz's Axel Form. They feature special maneuvers that are not seen on Kamen Rider Faiz or Kamen Rider Kaixa's Photon Streams, dividing into a fork-like formation at key points on the Sol Foam suit. This creates a reverse bottleneck effect, increasing the flow of the Photon Blood.
- Bigger Stream Pattern (ビガーストリームパターン Bigā Sutorīmu Patān) - Delta's unique mechanism which increases the amount of energy flow by dividing the Bright Streams into 3 points at the arms and the legs.
- Photon Terminal (フォトンターミナル, Foton Tāminaru) - Where the Photon Streams connect with the gauntlets and greaves. It is twice as strong as Kamen Rider Faiz and Kamen Rider Kaixa's. It has three terminals connected that emit a lot of energy, so this equipment has resistors along the stream so that the suit itself does not self-destruct, and it supplies power to the whole body in a stable manner. There is another Photon Terminal located on the back.
- Power Anklets (パワーアンクレット, Pawā Ankuretto) - The ankle armor, which has the role of protecting the wearer from the force generated from powerful kicks.
- Flex Bellows (フレックスベロウズ, Furekkusu Berouzu) - They surround the calves as a shock absorbing air bag to protect the legs from the intense impact when kicking or from falling.
- Photon Muzzle (フォトンマズル) - Control terminals on the soles of Delta's boots that release concentrated Photon Blood when performing the Lucifer's Hammer. The opening is in the shape of the letter "Δ".
Kamen Rider Delta's ending theme is entitled "DELTA STRIP~White Ring.
- SB-333B Delta Driver - Delta's transformation device.
- Delta Blaster - The combined form of the Delta Phone and Delta Mover and Delta's main weapon.
- Delta Mission Memory - A small metallic card key which stores the information of the Delta Armor.
- SB-VX0 Jetsliger - A heavily armed combat motorcycle. It was later destroyed.
Legend Rider Devices
|"Kamen Ride: Delta"|
|―Diendriver summoning announcement[src]|
- Kamen Ride: Delta: A Rider Card containing the power of Kamen Rider Delta. Used by Diend to summon Kamen Rider Delta. First used in the World of Agito to fight the Gurongi.
|"(Digital beeping) Delta!"|
|"The dangerous Rider stimulated by the instinct to fight is...Delta! (闘争本能を刺激する危険なライダーは…デルタだ！, Tōsō hon'nō wo shigeki suru kiken'na Raidā wa...Deruta da!!)"|
|―Secondary activation announcement[src]|
|"(Right-hand Ridewatch's announcement)! Armor Time! (Pop music mixed with Faiz Phone dial tones) Complete! Delta! Henshin!"|
|―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's left-hand slot[src]|
|"Finish Time! Exceed Time (Break/Burst)!"|
|―Finisher announcement in left-hand slot[src]|
Behind the scenes
Syuji Mihara is portrayed by Atsushi Harada (原田 篤, Harada Atsushi). Harada previously portrayed Shou Tatsumi/GoGreen in Kyuukyuu Sentai GoGoFive. As Kamen Rider Delta, his suit actor was Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文, Oshikawa Yoshifumi) & Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎, Okamoto Jirō).
- Shuji is one of the many 555 Riders who does not have an A.R World counterpart.
- Despite Shuji being the primary user of the Delta Gear, Kamen Rider Delta's identity in appearances within subsequent media is often kept vague.
- It is theorized that unlike the Faiz and Kaixa equipment, the Delta Gear can be worn and used by anybody, regardless of whether or not they are an Orphnoch or implanted with Orphnoch DNA. However, due to the fact that Delta was never seen being used by a normal, unaltered human, this has never been confirmed.
- The Delta Driver bears a striking resemblance to the Access Lock S from Tokusou Exceedraft. They are both black-and-silver handle-like transformation devices, with a spring-loaded part and an antenna.
- In episode 11 of Kamen Rider Decade, the Delta Driver appears with the Smart Buckle and Psyga Driver in the ruins of the Smart Brain High School.
- Syuji Mihara's character was not written in the main TV series during the time of Kamen Rider 555: Paradise Lost's release, causing him and the Delta Gear to be excluded from the movie.
- He has an unnamed Rider Punch in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing.
- TV Asahi. (2003). Kamen Rider Delta.
- Kamen Rider Official Data/Perfect File.
- Shogakukan. (2004). Masked Rider 555: Complete Works. Second Volume. p. 23. ISBN 978-4091014955.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named