|This article is about a/an Undead in Kamen Rider Blade.|
- "The power of the Category King...is in my hands!"
- ―The Spider Undead, while possessing Mutsuki, finally obtaining the Tarantula Undead's power.[src]
The Spider Undead (スパイダーアンデッド Supaidā Andeddo) is a recurring villain in Kamen Rider Blade. He is classified in the series as the Category Ace of Clubs Undead.
The Spider Undead is an accomplice of the Peacock Undead, appearing for Garren to seal while he spewed out golden spiders to latch on ideal hosts. Once finding an ideal host in Mutsuki Kamijo, the Spider Undead intentionally had himself sealed into the Change Spider card to complete the Leangle. Though sealed, the Spider usually takes over Mutsuki's body, using him to become more powerful for the Battle Fight until he no longer needs a human host.
Affected by Titan's venom in episode 42, Spider starts to completely take over Mutsuki to the point of turning into the Undead himself. The Spider was forced out from Leangle during episode 42 when attempting to assume his King Form, with Mutsuki free of the Undead's influence thanks to Hikaru Jō giving Noboru Shima a stronger influence. The Spider was properly resealed by Mutsuki with the King Rouser.
Though unsealed in Missing Ace by the Albino Joker, the Spider Undead was resealed by Garren Jack.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Blade (video game)
The Spider Undead is one of many Undead who appear in the Kamen Rider Blade video game.
Kamen Rider Leangle
The Leangle system was developed through tricks and manipulation by Isaka, the Peacock Undead, who needed the sealed Spider Undead to complete it. However, as later revealed, the Undead was not sealed properly and thus manipulated his users for his own agenda making him also the user of the Rider.
The Spider Undead is able shoot webs from his mouth to immobilize his victims, drain the lifeforce of others, and spawn golden spiders to seek out and latch onto ideal hosts. While in the form of an improperly sealed Rouse Card, he can control the wielder.
- "Open Up!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Hearing: 10 km.
- Punching Power: 300 AP (3 t.)
- Kicking Power: 490 AP (4.9 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 30 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5 sec.
- Tapir Remote: 2200 MP (22 t.)
- Polar Blizzard: 1200 MP (12 t.)
- Bee Stab: 400 FP (4 t.)
- Squid Smog: 2000 MP (20 t.)
- Rhinoceros Rush: 800 FP (8 t.)
- Dragonfly Float: 1000 FP (10 t.)
- Blizzard Clash: 2400 AP (24 t.)
- Blizzard Gale: 1800 AP (18 t.)
- Spinning Dance: 3600 AP (36 t.)
- Screw Rush: 1400 AP (14 t.)
- Blizzard Venom: 3800 AP (38 t.)
Ace Form (エースフォーム Ēsu Fōmu) is the default form of Kamen Rider Leangle assumed by using the Leangle Buckle and Change Spider Rouse Card. The transformation fuses the user with the DNA of the Spider Undead. Leangle's Ace form has higher ability parameters than Blade and Garren, allowing him to compensate for the fact that he cannot assume other forms like them.
Appearances: Blade Episode 16
- Leangle Buckle: Leangle's transformation device
- Rouse Cards: Allow Leangle to perform special attacks
- Leangle Rouzer: Leangle's personal weapon
- Green Clover: Leangle's Rider Machine
- Suit: Club (♣)
- Category: Ace (A)
- Effect name: CHANGE
- Card name: Change Spider (アブソーブ・カプリコーン Chenji Supaidā)
- Consumption points: +3
The Spider Undead's growls are provided by Katsumi Shiono (塩野 勝美 Shiono Katsumi), while his talking voice is provided by Kiyoyuki Yanada (梁田 清之 Yanada Kiyoyuki). As Kamen Rider Leangle, his suit actors were Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō) and Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun).
When possessing Mutsuki Kamijo, he is portrayed by Takahiro Hojo (北条 隆博 Hōjō Takahiro) and voiced by Kiyoyuki Yanada.
- In Missing Ace, Spider Undead would be properly sealed by Garren, but its Category Ace of Clubs card would have its improper seal form as opposed to the gold proper seal form it had when Spider Undead was exorcised from Mutsuki prior to the events of the movie.
- However, Spider Undead in this case was unwillingly sealed, so it could not exert any influence over Mutsuki at all. This means that it could now be used as a proper seal much like the other Category Ace Cards without its gold appearance nor the need for any help from Shima & Hikaru.
- Spider Undead is the second Undead to become a Kamen Rider, following Black Joker/Kamen Rider Chalice and followed by Albino Joker/Kamen Rider Glaive and Paradoxa Undead/Kamen Rider Abyss.
- Coincidentally, this is much like Dai Shi possessing Jarrod in Power Rangers Jungle Fury.