|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Zi-O.|
Sougo Tokiwa (常磐 ソウゴ Tokiwa Sōgo), alternatively known as Sougo C (ソウゴ C Sōgo Shī), is a 3rd-year high school student at Misawa High School who transforms into Kamen Rider Zi-O (仮面ライダージオウ Kamen Raidā Jiō).
Meeting other Zi-O
When the Elementary Inves attack lost students in the wasteland, Sougo arrives and transforms into Kamen Rider Zi-O to save them. He later arrives, where another fight happened with some Inves against Geiz, his main counterpart as well as another one. However, as he and the main Sougo are confused, the Hanazono Sougo feels interested in this situation.
The Sougo from Misawa, now dubbed Sougo C, later attempts to become Hikarigamori's president in an election; compared to the efforts of Sougo A and B, he is seen bribing the students with sweets rather than truly placating them. At night, Sougo A catches him talking to an unknown individual (later revealed to be Misa Kuon plotting to kill Sougo A) after an Inves is let into the school; during lunch the following day, he claims that he had tried to stop the Inves as well before it escaped.
After Heure confesses to Sougo A, Sougo C runs into him, and suggests they trade places. After doing so, Heure is dropped off the school's roof by Sougo C with intent to feed him to the nearby Inves, causing Sougo A to intervene. Sougo C seems to be the winner while Sougo A seemed to perish in the process.
Later after Misa Kuon had pulled Sougo C aside to thank him for taking Sougo A out, Sougo C revealed himself to actually have been A all along. He revealed that to avoid Heure, C had swapped clothing with him. As for the result of the battle, it was actually another Kamen Rider who had killed C.
Sougo seems to be pretty self-confident and proud, but somewhat clumsy. His true skills, however, lie in his manipulation, bribing his classmates into voting for him and giving off the impression of being a villainous counterpart of Sougo A by appearing to hold Heure hostage to draw Sougo A out.
Powers and Abilities
- "Rider Time! (Electronic beat) Kamen Rider Zi-O!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Rider Height: 200.0 cm.
- Rider Weight: 92.0 kg.
- Punching Power: 8.2 t.
- Kicking Power: 19.0 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 30.2 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5.0 sec.
Kamen Rider Zi-O transforms by inserting the Zi-O Ridewatch into the right-hand side of the Ziku-Driver. His base form's visor reads "Rider" (ライダー Raidā).
This form has several finishers:
- Ziku-Driver finishers:
- Time Break (タイムブレイク Taimu Bureiku): Zi-O delivers a Flying Kick covered in magenta energy.
- Saikyo Zikan Girade Finisher:
- King Giri Giri Slash (キングギリギリスラッシュ Kingu Giri Giri Surasshu): Zi-O coats the combined Saikyo Zikan Girade with yellow energy, before raising the weapon, extending the energy blade with a line of pink characters spelling Zi-O Saikyo (ジオウサイキョウ Jiou Saikyou, Zi-O Strongest) forming along it, as Zi-O performing a sideways slash on an airborne enemy with the pink characters also left behind like a trail.
Appearances: Rider Time: Kamen Rider Zi-O VS Decade -7 of Zi-O!- Episodes 1-2
- Ziku-Driver - Transformation device
- Ridewatches - Transformation trinkets
- Ridewatch Holder - A strap to carry Ridewatches
- Zikan Girade - Zi-O's personal weapon and Zi-O II's secondary weapon
Behind the Scenes
Sougo Tokiwa is portrayed by So Okuno (奥野 壮 Okuno Sō) who portrays every version of him except his child one and Ohma Zi-O.
Sougo Tokiwa's name is play on Tokiwa-sō, the place where Shotaro Ishinomori lived and started his manga career during 1956 to 1961. "Tokiwa" also carries the word (とき Toki), which can be translated into time when it is written in kanji "時". If matching his kanji, it was named after (常盤桜 Tokiwazakura), which it means primrose.
"Zi" in Zi-O's name could mean either time (時 Ji) or character (字 Ji), representing his "watch" and "Katakana" motifs while the "O" means king (王 Ō). It may also be Goroawase for the number 20 (2 - Ji, 0 - Ō), referencing that Zi-O is the 20th Heisei Rider, the Heisei Era starting with the year 2000 for the Kamen Rider Series (the actual Heisei Era started in 1989).
- Kamen Rider Zi-O