|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Zero-One.|
- "Aruto, find your dream... and take off towards it."
- ―Soreo's last words before his death[src]
Soreo Hiden (飛電 其雄 Hiden Soreo) was a Parent-Type Humagear created to raise the orphaned Aruto Hiden and the creator of the Hiden Zero-One Driver. Prior to the Daybreak Town Accident, he used the Cycloneriser to transform into Kamen Rider Ichi-Gata (仮面ライダー1型 Kamen Raidā Ichigata, lit. "Masked Rider Type-1").
The original Soreo Hiden died when Aruto was born, so Hiden Intelligence developed a Humagear resembling Soreo to take his place as emotional support for Aruto. One day, while playing with Aruto on a field, he expressed a desire to make his father smile. However, Soreo sadly claimed that his son's desire was impossible, as he was just a robot with no feelings. Aruto remained steadfast in his goal, becoming determined to make his father genuinely smile. Inspired by these words, Soreo used his son's goal to make others smile with him by beginning to make weapons using the technology of the Ark, which he was the main technician of prior to its launch and later destruction. He created the Cycloneriser and the Rocking Hopper Zetsumerisekey, enabling him to become Kamen Rider Ichi-Gata, as well as prototypes for the Forceriser and Zetsumeriser to be used by Humagears when they were finalized. The culmination of his work was the Hiden Zero-One Driver and the Zero-One system, which he designed to be able to protect both humans and Humagears as his successor.
He, along with Will, Korenosuke Hiden's secretary, were initially connected to the Ark and planned to launch it into space. During his finalization of the Zero-One system, Will questions Soreo about what he would do as Hiden Intelligence's newest president if Korenosuke Hiden passes away, since Soreo's human template was Korenosuke's son. However, Soreo reveals to Will that he doesn't have any interest of becoming president whatsoever, as he sees himself, a Humagear, as unsuitable for the role. When the Ark's A.I. starts to malfunction and turn hostile toward humanity, both Will and Soreo's connections are hacked by the satellite. Despite still being connected to the Ark, Soreo somehow manages to resist its malice and connects to it to plant an automatic program. That program causes it to self-destruct in order to prevent the Ark from connecting to Humagears on a global scale.
Despite this victory, it is short-lived, and Soreo meets his demise on the day of the Daybreak Town Accident. While playing with his son and making jokes, he shields Aruto from an explosion caused by Satoshi Sakurai that occurred at the Hiden Intelligence factory, damaging Soreo beyond repair. Before his death, he assured his son to continue taking off towards his dream.
While modern Humagears can normally have their data backed up into a new Humagear body, Soreo's data was linked to the Ark, meaning that he can never be restored; his data was, therefore, forever lost.
- "You've grown, Aruto."
"When you were young, all you could do was cry. But right now, there is rage within your heart. That's because... you obtained the power of a Kamen Rider, and became stronger. But never forget... true strength isn't physical power. It's the strength of the heart. You should be able to understand what that means now."
- ―Soreo's pep-talk to Aruto.[src]
Soreo noted to Aruto that he had grown, though the latter was trying to comprehend how he was within Zea instead of the Ark. Soreo told Aruto that all his son could do was cry when he was young, but he had rage within his heart due to Izu's death. Soreo explained that his son's rage was of the hardships he faced as a Kamen Rider, and obtaining the power he had passed down to him had made him stronger. Soreo then gave one last lesson to Aruto: true strength wasn't physical power, but the strength of the heart was what counted. Soreo then noted to his son that he should be able to understand what his words meant, before giving him the Zero-One Driver and disappearing.
The Humagear version of Soreo Hiden was created to raise the orphaned Aruto Hiden, serving as both a parent and emotional support. At first, Soreo started off emotionless, initially believing that he was simply a robot with no feelings and wasn't worthy of being the next president of Hiden Intelligence. During an outing with Aruto, he was surprised to hearing his son's dream to make Soreo laugh and smile, developing a desire to fulfill his son's dreams via Singularity.
Although he was created to fill in the void of Aruto's real father, Soreo truly cared for his son, and created the Zero-One system to protect both humans and Humagears for Aruto. His love for his son was strong enough to resist the Ark's malice and ultimately chose to sacrifice himself to protect the young boy during the Daybreak Town Accident. In his last words before shutting down, Soreo told his son to leap towards his dreams.
Soreo's role up to his shutdown ended up leaving an major impact for Aruto's life, becoming his motivation to make people, including Humagears, smile, and his pursuit to accomplish the dreams of others.
Powers and Abilities
- Humagear Restoration: Soreo can restore a Humagear to their original programming if they have been corrupted by the Ark.
- Expert Engineering: In addition to being the primary technician for the Ark after its construction, Soreo created several weapons, including his Cycloneriser and his Rocking Hopper Zetsumerisekey, as well as prototypes of the Zetsumeriser, the MetsubouJinrai Forceriser, and other Progrisekeys.
Kamen Rider Ichi-Gata
- "Cyclonerise! Rocking Hopper! Type-1."
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Height: 200.0 cm
- Weight: 98.3 kg
- Punching Power: 14.2 t
- Kicking Power: 60.6 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 68.4 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 2.8 seconds
Rocking Hopper (ロッキングホッパー Rokkingu Hoppā) is Ichi-Gata's primary form accessed by using the Rocking Hopper Zetsumerisekey in the Cycloneriser. By releasing strengthening particles from the Cycled Muffler (サイクレッドマフラー Saikureddo Mafurā) around his neck, Ichi-Gata can unleash a high-speed barrage of strikes.
All of Ichi-Gata's stats exceed those of Zero-One Rising Hopper and ZeroZero-One, with kicking power that is higher than Shining Hopper. However, the rest of Ichi-Gata's stats besides punching power are lower than Shining Hopper.
This form is exclusive to Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation.
- Cycloneriser - Transformation device
- Zetsumerisekeys - Transformation trinkets
- Progrise Holder - Carrying straps for Progrisekeys
Behind the Scenes
Soreo Hiden is portrayed by Koji Yamamoto (山本 耕史 Yamamoto Kōji).
- Despite Article 6 of A.I. Law forbidding the creation of an android bearing a person's likeness, especially the likeness of a deceased person, the Humagear version of Soreo was able to be manufactured to serve as Aruto's surrogate parent. It is possible either Hiden Intelligence might have negotiated a deal with the government in order to manufacture him, or the law was put in place sometime following the Daybreak Town Accident.
- The latter seems to be more likely due to the fact that Humagears seemingly functioning as parents were still present before the Daybreak Town Accident occurred, as revealed in Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation.
- It was later revealed that Humagears were originally created to act as surrogate parents, with Horobi being one of the original Parent-Type Humagears, further confirming this possibility.
- Soreo's last words to Aruto ("Take off toward your dream") would later become the Humagear's activation sound in the series. Aruto would also choose the quote to be the slogan for his new company HIDEN Manufacturing.
- As revealed in Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation, Kamen Rider Ichi-Gata is not a result of the timeline being distorted. This means that, in the original timeline, Soreo did in fact become a Kamen Rider.
- Kamen Rider Zero-One