|This article is about a rider in Kamen Rider Kabuto.|
|"I am the ruler that walks on the road of providence. I am Soji Tendo."|
Soji Tendo (天道 総司, Tendō Sōji), formerly known as Soji Kusakabe (日下部 総司, Kusakabe Sōji) is the main protagonist of Kamen Rider Kabuto. He is a prideful man who claims to "walk the path of Heaven," and transforms into Kamen Rider Kabuto (仮面ライダーカブト, Kamen Raidā Kabuto, Masked Rider Kabuto) to fight against the Worms.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Other Events
- 2.1 Kamen Rider Decade
- 2.2 OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
- 2.3 Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen
- 2.4 Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z
- 2.5 Kamen Rider Wizard
- 2.6 Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai
- 2.7 Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3
- 2.8 Kamen Rider Ghost: Legendary! Riders' Souls!
- 2.9 Kamen Rider Ex-Aid "Tricks": Kamen Rider Genm
- 2.10 Kamen Rider Zi-O
- 2.11 35th Masked Rider Anniversary File
- 2.12 Non-Canon TV Appearance
- 2.13 Boukenger Stage Show at Tokyo Dome City
- 2.14 Kamen Rider Kabuto Stage Show at WAKAYAMA Marina-cityble
- 3 Video Game Appearances
- 4 Novel Appearances
- 5 Personality
- 6 Abilities
- 7 Quotes from his Grandmother
- 8 Kamen Rider Kabuto
- 9 Equipment
- 10 Legend Rider Devices
- 11 Relationships
- 12 Behind the Scenes
- 13 Notes
- 14 Appearances
- 15 References
Soji Kusakabe lived a typical, happy childhood with his parents until they were murdered and impersonated by mimetic, extraterrestrial creatures known as Worms. He would eventually find himself under the care of his adoptive wise grandmother who would continued to raise him as "Soji Tendo" alongside his adoptive sister Jyuka. While playing in the park, the young Tendo found the Worms that mimicked his parents and walking along with their daughter. In an attempt to confront them, Tendo was caught in the calamity caused by the Shibuya Meteor Strike.
At the site, he came face to face with the Worms that mimicked his parents and desired to kill them, but instead hears the cries of their daughter. Tendo realized that the little girl was his sister, Hiyori, was born through the Worms. Later, however, the unstable rubble collapses on Tendo and the copied Kusakabe family, killing the Worms. Although injured, Tendo would eventually attempt to rescue Hiyori.
Tendo receives the Zecter Belt in two different instances during the Shibuya incident, creating confusion among viewers. Either instances are a negligible difference on the rest of Tendo's history as it merely changed the origin of him receiving the Zecter belt:
- In one instance, he received the Zecter Belt from the Worm who mimicked his father, said Worm having a change of heart. Tendo then saved Hiyori who stuck under rubble after putting on the belt when they get collapsed by the unstable rubble.
- In this instance, it appears that God Speed Love never happened and that the meteorite that hit Earth was the same size as the reduced meteorite remnants of the two meteorites colliding in God Speed Love due to Tendo time traveling. However, it does not explain why a mimicked father of Tendo would randomly have a Zecter Belt when the Zecters themselves were not even in a proper development stage.
- In another instance, during the Shibuya incident, Tendo and Hiyori are trapped by the unstable rubble and an alternate Soji Tendo from the God Speed Love timeline gives the young Tendo the Zecter Belt and tells him to put it on. The future Tendo then ceases to exist while the younger Tendo puts on the Zecter Belt, granting him enhanced strength and durability as he reaches out to Hiyori and saves her.
- This event appears to make the most logical sense as ZECT higher ups and Arata Kagami, who had his own Kabuto Zecter Belt, were confused at the fact that the Zecter Belt was just recently created while Tendo already had his for years. Another supporting factor is that the timeline portrayed at the end of God Speed Love is identical to that of the TV series.
After the Shibuya event, Tendo grew up raising Jyuka, while training to become Kabuto.
Meeting Arata Kagami
|"My grandmother once said "He who walks the path of heaven and will rule over everything." My name is Tendo Soji."|
One day as Tendo returned home after buying tofu, he saw a man chasing a mugger who stole his wallet. The mugger tried to attack his pursuer before retreating once more. The mugger then reached Tendo and attempted to attack him instead. The man chasing the mugger, revealed as Arata Kagami, subdued his target while Tendo casually dealt with the situation.
Kagami questioned Tendo why he didn't run, with the latter replying that no one can stab him, stating that he alone would decide what path to walk, with nobody being allowed to ruin his tofu. Kagami argued that if he was unlucky, Tendo have been stabbed, but Tendo simply told Kagami to not mention things like "good luck" around him.
While saying this, the mugger broke free from Kagami and ran past Tendo. Tendo responded by firmly kicking Kagami's wallet towards the mugger, knocking him out. Kagami's wallet then bounced back to Tendo, who effortlessly caught it without looking. Returning Kagami's wallet, Tendo was asked who he was. In a calm and confident manner, Tendo introduced himself as "the man who walks the path of heaven and will rule over everything; Soji Tendo".
Meeting Hiyori Kusakabe
The next day, after Tendo bought dinner, he saw Hiyori wanted to buy some jewelry but was ignored by the shop owners, he then helped Hiyori by saying that they were not worth of being shop owners as the customers were waiting all this time for them to finish talking. Tendo left after saying this but couldn't drive away as his motorcycle suddenly didn't work. While he was checking, Hiyori helped him by asking the motorcycle and immediately found out root of the problem, much to Tendo's surprise. Tendo then left when Kagami had arrived, but before he drove away he noticed the Bistro La Salle sign on Hiyori's bicycle.
While driving back home, he heard some loud sound coming out from a van that passed by and also from his motorcycle, he stopped and open out his bag, he saw there was some purple lighting coming out from his Rider Belt, indicating that it has finally awoken.
Becoming Kamen Rider Kabuto
|"The chosen one is me. Now I will shape the future using these hands. I have been waiting for this moment. No...I have been living for this moment. Transform!"|
Tendo followed the van and drove to the scene where Aracnea Worm Rubor attacked and defeated all the ZECTroopers. Kagami attempted to call the Kabuto Zecter to fight this threat, but the Zector flew in the hands of Tendo. Tendo then transformed into Kamen Rider Kabuto Masked Form. The transformation sent out a shockwave that knocked out Kagami.
Kabuto effortlessly fought the Aracnea Worm Rubor and completely overpowered it. Outmatched, the Aracnea Worm retaliated by using Clock Up, which temporarily knocked down Kabuto. In response, Kabuto used his Kabuto Kunaigun and the surrounding area, fatally impaling his foe with ease.
Syuichi Tadokoro and Yuzuki Misaki with several ZECTroopers arrived to the scene, with Tadokoro thinking Kagami had transformed into Kabuto. Once he recognized this to be untrue though, several ZECTroopers approached Kabuto, but he escaped without leaving any trace.
Having attained the Kabuto Zector, Tendo would clash against ZECT, who desired to arrest Tendo and retrieve his Rider arsenal, as Tendo himself was not part of ZECT. He would then work with ZECT temporarily under the pseudonym "Tendoro Tendoji", but later goes solo once more. Despite preferring to work alone, Tendo would occasionally ally himself with other ZECT Riders, especially in serious situations. Another thing that Tendo would do is watch over Hiyori, recognizing her as his biological sister.
When Hiyori's identity as a Worm becomes public, ZECT recognizes her as a threat, forcing Tendo to take action. Cooperating with an alternate version of himself from the future, Tendo misleads ZECT into thinking he killed Hiyori, stopping them from hunting her down. Tendo reveals his past to Hiyori and how they're related. His mother was pregnant when she was mimicked, so the Worm also carried an unborn Hiyori, and that his birth name wasn't "Soji Tendo", but "Soji Kusakabe"
Together with Kagami, the two strive to protect Hiyori from all Worms so that she can live her life in peace, however, Hiyori is attracted to Area X and disappears with the test subject of the Hyper Zecter, flinging the two to the edge of the universe.
Tendo, after gaining all of the Zecters through different means, attempts to trade them all for the Hyper Zecter, but is unable to as it is destroyed when the suitcase controlling it was rigged. However, a past version of the Hyper Zecter comes to the aid of Tendo, allowing him to transform into Kabuto Hyper Form.
A mysterious man called Daigo Tachikawa tells Tendo to stop collecting the Zecters, saying that if the Riders do not fight Worms, the Natives will be in trouble. Tendo realizes that Daigo is a 'Native' and guards him, as Daigo seems to know Hiyori's whereabouts. Kagami's father Daigo calls on Tendo and tells him the story of The Red Shoes, explaining that the Zecters will drive them insane if they refuse to fight Worms. Daigo referred to Tendo by his real name, Soji Kusakabe, the one who is chosen by Kabuto, the god of the sun who controls the light.
After Kabuto saves Daigo from a group of Worms, he experiences the 'berserk switch', almost killing Daigo in the process. The Hopper Riders arrive on scene and defeat them instead, leaving with a cruel laugh. Unfortunately, Daigo is still killed by the Cochlea Worm after trying to escape. He tells Tendo to 'find the solar eclipse' and dies. Tendo and Kagami then promise to kill each other if they were ever under the effects of the Red Shoes System again and try to kill Hiyori (although Kagami showed hesitancy to this promise). Tendo then decided to release all the Zecters that he has obtained from the others.
Later on, Tendo is challenged by two Executive Worms to defeat a powerful Worm without the use of Hyper Clock Up, and in return the Executives would tell him the secrets of the Natives. Tendo remarked that his power always evolving and is faster than light and called upon the Perfect Zecter. Utilizing the power of all four Zecters, he defeated Lepotophyes Worm, but was taken through an involuntary Hyper Clock Up to a place 'devoid of all time' with the solar eclipse.
After seeing a fleeting image of Hiyori with another man, he is pulled back into his dimension. Tendo is then left wondering why he still cannot control Hyper Clock Up. Back at the Bistro La Salle, Rena challenges Tendo once more in hopes of taking the Hyper Zecter, but her memory gets erased due to Tendo's Hyper Sting attack. Drake and Kabuto end up fighting each other because Daisuke doesn't believe that Rena is still evil. After Rena loses her fragment of the Shibuya Meteorite, Tendo picks it up and is taken through another Hyper Clock Up to Hiyori's dimension again. After confronting his Worm counterpart, Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto, their Rider Kick collision forces Kabuto back to the real world.
Tendo discovers the secret behind the Masked Rider System after conversing with Kagami, learning that it was created by Natives and given to humans who in turned formed ZECT. Through the use of this technology, they fight alien Worms and protect the Natives. It is also revealed that Tendo received his Kabuto Buckle from the Native who mimicked his father. They are also able to conclude that the Natives arrived on a meteorite 35 years ago to assist the humans with the Masked Rider System. Even after learning all this, Tendo's sole resolve is still to defeat all Worms so that Hiyori may be safe.
Tendo meets Reiji Nogi as well, and seemingly holds up a much better fight than Kagami until Reiji activates Freeze, defeating the power of Hyper Clock Up, forcing Tendo back into Rider form. During their second battle, Tendo learns from his last experience and anticipates Nogi's use of Freeze. After getting knocked back, Tendo's Hyper Shooting is still active and stuns Reiji temporarily. Tendo is then able to use the Perfect Zecter's Maximum Hyper Cyclone to defeat Cassis Worm Dimidius, only to have him evolve into a new form, Cassis Worm Gladius.
Kabuto and Dark Kabuto met again during episode 43, and this time, Tendo wants to purposely be defeated by Dark Kabuto so that he may somehow discover Hiyori's location. However, after Kagami reminds him about protecting all life forms on Earth, this made him realized his plan made him seems like a coward. HIs fighting spirit reignited, Tendo defeats Dark Kabuto, only to be interrupted by Hiyori who transforms into the Sisrya Worm. She states that she is fine with living in another dimension and proceeds to defend Dark Kabuto. After Hiyori leaves, Tendo explains to Kagami that the only way for her to be happy is to let her leave with the fake Kabuto. Renge arrives with news however, that the entrance to the other world is opened when the solar eclipse occurs. Soon after, Tendo and Kagami both rush for Area Z in hopes of defeating the Cassis Worm. There, they see Sasword defending Misaki with his life, and Kagami tells Tendo that Hiyori is acting the same way. She doesn't want to hurt Tendo anymore and so she tries to convince herself that she doesn't want to come back. Tendo, moved by this, leaves and goes after Hiyori as a solar eclipse starts.
After chasing Hiyori back to her dimension, Tendo is able to convince her that Worms are not the evil ones, only the ones that wish to do harm are, and he will always protect her and be by her side. Tendo then talks about how Riders fight for the good of humanity, and she will always be protected. After realizing the one who really cares about her is Tendo, she leaves Dark Kabuto and returns to the human world. Kabuto then goes to find Gatack, on the brink of defeat. Coordinating a three-way Rider Kick with KickHopper and Gatack, they are able to neutralize the Cassis Worm while Hyper Kabuto finishes him off with Maximum Hyper Cyclone. After discovering that Hiyori has been injured once again, he takes her to hospital, but she hides the fact that Dark Kabuto was the one that injured her. Allowing Hiyori to recuperate by herself, Tendo, Riku and Masato meet with Negishi, the supposed leader of the Natives. He asks Tendo if he will help the Natives, and then decides to be Tendo's fan.
Soon after, massive groups of Worms begin appearing again, and Tendo goes to defeat them. Tendo attempts to recruit other Riders in an effort to fight the Worms, but when he appears before Shun and Sou, he finds them attempting to regain their darkness and quickly leaves, dismissing them as idiots. Tendo meets Nogi once again, this time as the Cassis Worm Clipeus, but is unable to fight him as Reiji runs away soon after. After conversing with Kagami and Misaki back at the Bistro, Tendo learns that Tsurugi is a Worm (though does not seem surprised) and states that all Worms that threaten humanity will be exterminated. Kagami however, disagrees, saying there is still good in Tsurugi.
While Kagami leaves to fight Clipeus, Tendo goes and meets Jiiya, learning of a promise that he must fulfill. Tendo meets Tsurugi after talking with Jiiya and agrees to trade all the Zecters in exchange for Kagami's life. At the last moment, the Zecters are able to escape, and Tendo engages the Scorpio Worm in battle. Hesitating for the final blow using the Perfect Zecter, Tsurugi suddenly appears from the Scorpio Worm, urging Tendo to fulfill his promise. Respecting Tsurugi's wishes, Tendo activates the Maximum Hyper Typhoon attack, slashing through Scorpio Worm's body. Comforting a grieving Misaki, Tendo explains to her that Tsurugi had intended this to happen all along, hence his actions as the Scorpio Worm.
As Riku announces that the threat of the Worms will finally come to an end to the public, ZECT begins handing out Worm identification necklaces that alert the wearer of nearby Worms. Upon learning this, Tendo begins destroying the necklaces. By destroying the necklaces, the public begins to fear and hate Kabuto. Kabuto and Dark Kabuto once again do battle, interrupting Tendo's quest to destroy the necklaces. Anticipating Dark Kabuto's attack method, Kabuto is able to defeat him by using Hyper Clock Up along with the Maximum Hyper Typhoon. Returning to destroying the necklaces, Gatack tries to persuade Kabuto to stop, but Kabuto simply tells him something is not right about the necklaces and continues destroying them until a blocked bullet from Tadakoro's gun goes stray and hits Renge. Kabuto then fires at Gatack and escapes the area, leaving an infuriated Tadakoro to care for an injured Renge.
Continuing on his mission of destroying the Worm identification necklaces, Tendo ends up rescuing Dark Kabuto from the clutches of Mishima and Negishi, who have taken over ZECT. After saving Dark Kabuto, Gatack finds Kabuto and demands to know the reason behind the destruction of the necklaces. Kabuto reveals that the necklaces are turning humans into Natives and must be destroyed. Vexed by Tendo's tactless actions, Kagami states that he does not believe Tendo's words, defeating him with the help of the ZECTroopers. Lying under the rubble of the battlefield, Tendo recalls his words to Hiyori that he is always being by her side. As he reaches for a lone flower, the rubble from atop him falls and apparently crushes him.
|"I am the world. Whenever the world exists...so will I! "|
|―Tendo upon his return in the final battle[src]|
It is revealed that Tendo was indeed still alive after all. He uses the very same lone flower to destroy the controls, causing the meteorite that was turning humans into Natives to overload.
Afterwards, Tendo gives a powerful speech to convert the Native ZECTroopers to his side. Then Hyper Kabuto defeats the Masato/Gryllus Worm together with Gatack, escaping the first explosion as an irritated Negishi intends to make Tendo pay for ruining everything he sought to obtain. Dark Kabuto then rushes out at the last moment, telling Tendo to protect their world as he drags Negishi back into the explosion that kills them both. Realizing the battle is over, Tendo releases the Kabuto Zecter, and Kagami soon follows suit, the two then watch the Zecters fly away to an unknown destination.
Tendo then tells Kagami to listen to what he is about to say, for he will only do so once. Tendo then goes on to say that to walk the same path is merely a test of perseverance. Tendo then says, "But the ones reaching different paths together are..." Kagami then interrupts, by finishing it with "friends", and asking him if his grandmother gave him this quote. Tendo smiles and states that those are his words. The two are then greeted by Tadakoro, Renge, and Misaki. Renge leaps towards Tendo and gives him a hug, causing Tendo to nearly fall backwards in surprise. Tendo then resumes his life, no longer burdened with his vow to destroy all Worms. During the epilogue, Tendo is shown in Paris perfecting his cooking skills, giving his trademark introduction to a Frenchman who recognized him and asked him if he's the famous Soji Tendo.
Kamen Rider Decade
Kamen Rider Kabuto appears with other Kamen Riders commanded by Wataru Kurenai piloting Kabuto Extender, but all are murdered by Decade in episode 1 of Kamen Rider Decade in the dream of Natsumi Hikari and then the dream concludes with Decade as the only Rider in the Rider War. 「Rider War」
Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker
Kamen Rider Kabuto, Rider Form, appears in the final battle of the movie Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, alongside the other previous Riders rescuing Decade and facing Dai-Shocker's troops. During the large battle, Kabuto mostly fights alone, eventually defeating Longhorn Orphnoch, a Bakeneko, a Mole Imagin, a Ganikoumoru and a Siomaneking while Kamen Rider 1, Kamen Rider 2, and Kamen Rider Black RX fight against Jigoku Taishi in his Garagaranda form. After finishing his own battle, Kabuto helps them. Alongside Black RX, he stuns Garagaranda with a punch, allowing Rider 1 and Rider 2 to destroy Garagaranda with a Double Rider Kick. Afterwards, he joins up with the other Riders in a combined Rider Kick which destroys Dai-Shocker's castle and the alternate Shadow Moon, Nobuhiko Tsukikage. Kabuto joins up with the other Riders once more in a combined attack to destroy Dai-Shocker's ultimate weapon, the giant robot, Kingdark. After the battle ends, Kabuto leaves the World of Decade alongside the other Riders.
- Although this Kabuto doesn't show his human form, the special feature for the movie OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders, which aired on Hokuriku Asahi Broadcasting, 03/28/2011, at 10:00-10:30am, considered this Kabuto and the Kabuto in the Let's Go Kamen Riders movie the same character, and affirmed that he was Soji Tendo from the original Kamen Rider Kabuto TV series.
The Destroyer of Worlds
Kamen Rider Kabuto, Rider form, appears in episode 31 of Kamen Rider Decade, as one of Wataru Kurenai's companions, who antagonize Decade after he failed in his mission of saving the worlds. In the special version of episode 31, Kabuto is one of the few Riders in the battlefield who isn't shown dying in the Rider War. 「The Destroyer of Worlds」
Kamen Rider Kabuto appears in the initial scene of Decade's story in Movie War 2010, being described as Tendo himself or more recently as Sohji . He searches for Decade alongside Skyrider and Kamen Rider Super-1, with Skyrider immediately being defeated by a surprise attack. Kabuto and Decade use Clock Up, but Decade combines that ability with invisibility, taking him out with another surprise attack. Kabuto's horn breaks and the only thing left behind is the horn and Kabuto's Kamen Ride card, the latter picked up by Decade to complete his mission.
A mishap caused by the Greeed Ankh unintentionally altered the timeline which enabled Shocker to utilize the Core Medal to create the Shocker Greeed which defeated the Double Riders and seemingly erased the legacy of the Kamen Riders from history. In 2011, after Kamen Rider New Den-O's attempt to repair the damage, he along with Kamen Rider OOO and M-Ankh awaited execution. However, it was revealed the Double Riders had their brainwashing removed by a Shocker scientist.
The Double Riders joined with New Den-O and OOO to fight Shocker's forces, but were eventually defeated. When the order was given to kill everyone, V3 suddenly appeared, asserting that there were more than four riders. V3 was soon followed by all the other revived riders that came after him, including Kabuto, as even though Rider history was changed, the people's memories haven't changed.
After the riders were united, they faced off against Shocker's Great Leader. Later, when joined by a force of extra riders, Kabuto and all the other riders got on their motorcycles and performed the "All Rider Break", ramming into the Rock Great Leader and defeating it once and for all. 「OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders」
Although his human form isn't shown in the movie itself and he doesn't speak, Kabuto is confirmed to be Soji Tendo by the movie's official website.
Kabuto is one of the Riders who answers what seemed like Kamen Rider 1's call and joins his force to attack the Super Sentai force led by Akaranger in order to preserve the existence of the Kamen Riders. Using his bike, the Kabuto Extender, alongside Double and Kiva, Kabuto attacks the Zyuranger and Megaranger. However, afterwards he attempts to engage Akaranger in combat only to be knocked down and seemingly destroyed by his next attack.
However, that was all part of Tsukasa Kadoya's and Captain Marvelous's plan. They had disguised themselves as Kamen Rider 1 and Akaranger and lead the Super Sentai and Kamen Rider against each other to fool Dai-Shocker and Dai-Zangyack into thinking that the Riders and Sentai had been really wiped out. Kabuto, alongside all the other Rider and Super Sentai forces seemingly destroyed during the battle, reappear from a dimensional wall to face together the Shocker Zangyack Alliance. During the big battle, Kabuto is only briefly seen once, fighting against a Dai-Shocker Combatman in the initial aerial shot.
Kamen Rider Kabuto, Rider form, arrives alongside the reinforcements brought by Kamen Rider 1 and Akaranger to the final battle against the Space Crime Syndicate Madou. Kabuto, alongside BoukenBlack, is shown heading towards a Dogormin to help GokaiGreen.
When all heroes gather to blast the monster army at once, Kabuto is shown using the Kabuto Kunaigun. After the battle was over, he appears alongside the other heroes in a nearby cliff to give goodbye to the heroes who had discovered Madou's plot, Haruto Soma, Kosuke Nitoh, Ikari Gai from the Gokaiger, the Go-Busters and New Gavan.
Kabuto first appears alongside Faiz, summoned to the world within the Magic Stone through their Rider Rings by the alternate young Haruto, to chase down a duo of Salis Worms sent by Amadum, the evil wizard who ruled that world. The Worms having taken the Rider Ring chest along with the prime Haruto. Kabuto enters Clock Up as Faiz assumes his Axel Form and initates Start Up to quickly catch up with the two Worms who molt into the Culex Worm and Cammarus Worm and race off to meet the two Riders. Fighting at super speed, Kabuto and Faiz take their clash with the two Worms, who are joined by Musca Worm, to various points across the city before ending next to Double and Fourze as they deal with trio of Dustards. As Double and Fourze finish their battle, Kabuto destroys Culex and Cammarus with his Rider Kick as Faiz destroys the Musca Worm with his Axel Crimson Smash. 「The Kamen Rider Rings」
Kabuto is later summoned with all the other Riders when the 13 Rider Rings are taken by Amadum, the evil wizard who rules the world of monsters, to defeat Wizard, only to find out that they will not obey him just because he possesses their rings, and that they will always fight for freedom and not merely justice. After the Riders destroy his initial guard of monsters, Amadum tries to escape with the boy Haruto, summoning his strongest and largest monsters to deal with the Riders. However, the Riders individually pull out their various tricks to deal with the giant monsters, with Kabuto entering Clock Up and boarding the Kabuto Extender (Ex Mode). With his monsters destroyed, Amadum attempts to force the boy to wish that he leave this world. The Kamen Riders attempt to stop him but to no avail, having their powers stolen by Amadum's true monstrous form. When they try to fight him, Kabuto had his Kabuto Zecter absorbed. However, the young Haruto defies Amadum after hearing the words from Wizard of turning despair into hope, summoning a new Rider to his world. This new Rider, Gaim, gives himself the Kamen Rider name after being told by Wizard that they come to help when people request it. This revelation that the Kamen Riders aren't bounded by evil turns the tables on Amadum as he is beaten back by Gaim, forcing the powers he stole to be returned to the other Riders, transforming them to their ultimate forms, with the return of the Kabuto Zecter immediately transforming Kabuto into Hyper Form. Kabuto then participates in a successive barrage of Rider Kicks from all 15 Riders against Amadum which is finished by Wizard and Gaim. After Amadum is destroyed, Kabuto stands with the other Riders watching over the young Haruto as he wakes up before returning to his world. 「Neverending Story」
Kabuto was seen flying in as a falling meteor and crashed into a building in Masked Form, switches to Rider Form, then confronts Stronger, and used Clock Up to his advantage to avoid two swings and a Den Punch, then assails him at light speeds, stopping when Stronger used an Electro Fire to halt Kabuto in his tracks. Thinking he had the upper hand, Stronger goes in with a Stronger Den Kick, only for Kabuto to counter it with a Clocked Up Rider Kick, defeating Stronger, but as soon as he Clock Overs, Kabuto was ambushed by Skyrider. Kabuto was soon defeated by a Sky Flying Saucer while trying to counter with a downward right cross. He later reappeared with the rest of the Main Riders to fight Badan and its soldiers.
Due to the timeline alteration caused by Shocker, Tendo became one of the brainwashed Riders in that timeline, donning the name of Shocker Rider Kabuto. Kabuto was one of several Shocker Riders who volunteered in the Rider Grand Prix under Shocker Rider 3, who had been personally challenged by Kamen Rider Drive. During the race, Kabuto found that Drive's Tridoron was catching up on him and, in an attempt to avoid being surpassed, engaged Clock Up before disembarking his Kabuto Extender and opening fire on Tridoron with the Kabuto Kunaigun only to be intercepted by Kamen Rider Faiz on the Auto Vajin, whom engaged him in battle as Faiz Axel. Kabuto ultimately fell short of the Top 2 in which Drive prevailed over Rider 3.
Once Rider 3 was integrated into the Great Leader of Shocker's Rider Robo form, Kabuto was among the Riders who attacked Drive while being caught in the crossfire as the Rider Robo joined the fray. Ultimately, the Double Riders 1 and 2 made their appearance having survived their apparent demise from within the Rider Robo, and broke Shocker's brainwashing on the fallen Riders, enabling all Riders to unite in a final battle against Shocker.
Unfortunately, Kabuto was among the Riders whose existence was erased by the Rider Robo. This fate, however, was rendered moot when the Rider Robo was finally destroyed by Shurikenjin Tridoron, restoring Kabuto's place in history.
Kamen Rider Ghost: Legendary! Riders' Souls!
Kamen Rider Ex-Aid "Tricks": Kamen Rider Genm
Despite not appearing in the web-exclusive series, Kabuto and 13 Heisei Riders were the projections of the Ganbarizing Critical Strike.
Kamen Rider Build: Be The One
Among the first 18 Heisei Riders, Kabuto fought against numerous monsters in a melee briefly witnessed by Sento Kiryu before being caught in the crossfire as Kamen Rider Zi-O BuildArmor used his Vortex Time Break to wipe out his enemies. 「Kamen Rider Build: Be The One」
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations Forever
2019: First Love, Finaly!
Soji made a brief appearance at the end of episode 36, where his arm was seen grabbing the Kabuto Zecter.
35th Masked Rider Anniversary File
Soji is one of a group of five characters from Kabuto who appear hosting the 35th Masked Rider Anniversary File, a collection of five features shown during episodes 23 through 27 of Kabuto, this segment acted as a look back to the Kamen Rider franchise and an early advertisement for the God Speed Love movie.
Non-Canon TV Appearance
Kamen Rider G
In a stage show where the Boukengers are seen fighting their usual foes, a Worm and Kamen Rider TheBee show up and wind up defeating them. Kamen Rider Kabuto and Gatack, in Rider form, arrive and assist the Boukengers.
Kamen Rider Kabuto Stage Show at WAKAYAMA Marina-cityble
In a stage show where Kamen Rider Kabuto & Kamen Rider Gatack in Rider Form are fighting Worms, Kamen Rider Ichigou, Kamen Rider Nigou, Kamen Rider V3, Riderman, Kamen Rider X, Kamen Rider Amazon, & Kamen Rider Stronger arrive and assist Kamen Rider Kabuto and Gatack.
Video Game Appearances
Kamen Rider Kabuto video game
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes
Kamen Rider Kabuto appears in all Kamen Rider Climax Heroes installments. His Hyper Form debuted in Climax Heroes OOO.
All Kamen Rider:Rider Generation 1 & 2
Kamen Rider: Battride War
Kamen Rider Kabuto reappeared in Kamen Rider: Battride War II, summoned by Cinema along with the remaining Heisei Riders in order to create the "ultimate movie". Kabuto's stage was based from Kamen Rider Kabuto: God Speed Love, with Kamen Rider Caucasus as his main enemy.
Kamen Rider Kabuto reappeared in Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis
Kamen Rider Decade: The World of Tsukasa Kadoya ~The Garden Inside the Lens~
In the novel reimagination of the Kamen Rider Decade TV series, Kamen Rider Decade: The World of Tsukasa Kadoya ~The Garden Inside the Lens~, the World of Kabuto is, as one of the Nine Worlds, not an alternate reality like in the TV series but the original world. Having already traveled to six worlds, the World of Kabuto is the third and last of the three remaining worlds the Hikari Studio group, Tsukasa, Daiki Kaito, and Natsumi Hikari, explore during the novel.
Arriving in the World of Kabuto, they meet Soji Tendo, still as arrogant and confident as ever, and considering himself the strongest Rider. The group enters Bistro La Salle where Hiyori Kusakabe works. Hiyori sees Daiki and Tsukasa, dressed as a ZECTroopers, claiming that the two of them ate without paying. Tendo hears this and is enraged. The three of them fight and Tendo actually beats the two with only a pair of chopsticks. Afterwards, it is revealed that Tendo had punished the wrong people, with two Worms who mimicked Daiki and Tsukasa being the true culprits. Tsukasa and Daiki are later captured by ZECT, only to have Tendo save them. Tsukasa thanks him, in spite of rarely thanking people. Tsukasa starts respecting Tendo afterwards. Tendo has the Clock Up Attack Ride Rider Card and gives it to Tsukasa after he realizes that he is Kamen Rider Decade. Tsukasa uses the Clock Up card as Kuuga, and, in the end, the Worms that impersonate both Tsukasa and Daiki are defeated. When the fight is over, Decade's trio goes back to Tsukasa’s world.
Tendo is a 21 year old man with an unflinching attitude towards life, referring to himself as a "National Treasure" and "Universal Treasure" that is greater than everyone else. His name literally means "Heavenly path, rules over all" and he always uses it to introduce himself ("Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything").
Tendo often spouts amazingly appropriate zen-like phrases which he has supposedly learned from his grandmother, prefacing them with "Grandmother said this" (お母ちゃんが言っていた, Obaachan ga itteita). He also often does a 'point to the sky' pose, usually after he defeats a Worm or introduces himself. Tendo has no actual job and does not attend college because he believes that he is destined for something bigger.
Despite mastering numerous skills, he is usually uninterested in pursuing anything until he activates his Rider belt. His interest in cooking however, is apparent, to the point of being a regular customer at Bistro La Salle. Those who rival or exceed his cooking skills, such as Hiyori and Tsurugi's butler Jiiya, are among the few people Tendo has shown a reasonable amount of respect towards them.
Due to his his talents and abilities that are extremely advanced from everyone else, combined with his incredibly handsome outlook, Tendo comes off as rude, cocky, and exceedingly arrogant. This was the prime reason why he has few to no friends in the first place, alongside his lack of interest in socializing with others, to the point of outright stating it himself. However, behind this unlikable personality is the caring emotions he has for humanity as a whole, with a strong love for his family. Deep down, Tendo is a good person with a very strong sense of justice and morality who is always more than willing to help those in need, in one way or the other. Those who are the closest to him, Kagami, Hiyori, and Jyuka know this, and that he can always be trusted to do the right things in the end. Furthermore, despite his irreverent attitude, Tendo is capable of treating strangers nicely, as shown through his interactions with children like Gon and the elderly.
Tendo's feelings for his sisters are among the few things that can break his serious demeanor, such as hilariously acting shocked when he misunderstood Jyuka as having a boyfriend. On a more serious note, it can greatly affect his sense of judgement as well, such as when someone or something causes a threat to his sisters, which will cause Tendo to act in a rash manner at times.
Like most other ZECT Riders, Tendo is usually merciless against Worms, believing their race to be a threat towards other life on Earth. While slightly cruel, this point of view is mostly justifiable, considering his history with Worms and their actions in general. He is also willing to make an exception if he feels it to be right, showing that Tendo does not kill Worms out of malice. By his own words, he only shows no mercy to those that do not deserve it like causing harm to others. This does however, show that he can make hard and seemingly cruel decisions when he feels the need to do so.
Despite his near superhuman attributes, Tendo is not invincible, as he shows personal weaknesses like other human beings. Aside from arrogance, Tendo's usual success at everything makes him somewhat fragile to defeat and failure, occasionally needing help in regaining his composure. Furthermore, his tendency to shoulder every burden alone can cause misunderstandings, even with his family and friends. His personal luck is also shown to be sometimes abysmal as well, requiring numerous attempts to get a win from Bistro la Salle's scratch lottery.
- Peak Human Condition: Tendo went through intense training for seven years in order to prepare to become Kamen Rider Kabuto. In addition, he has a healthy and strict diet to enable his body to develop and operate at its most proficient. His physicality includes his strength, speed, durability, agility, stamina, reflexes, senses, healing, and endurance that represents the pinnacle of human physical prowess, all of which have naturally heightened his abilities to the highest levels of peak human potential and perfection. Hence, this enables Tendo to perform any kind of sports at an Olympic-level, only rivaled by Scorpion Worm in his human form with superhuman condition but Tendo is able to surpass him in fencing. Some of his regular workout feats are sit-ups, pull-ups, one arm push-ups, kickboxing an extremely heavy punching bag, bench pressing, squatting, performing weighted pull-ups, and more. He is even on par with the most powerful Worms who are Executive Worms, including Scorpion Worm and Cassis Worm in their human forms. In addition, he also has peak level of mental condition, which is the ability to stay extremely calm and collected in any situation that his is in, even if there are numerous ZECTroopers pointing their automatic machine guns at him.
- Peak Human Strength: Tendo's strength allows him to physically overpower combatants, elite-trained humans, Salis Worms, Minor Worms, and even on par with the Executive Worms in their human forms. As he prepared to become Kabuto, Tendo underwent an extremely intense exercise regimen to increase his strength to an almost superhuman level. Hence, he can effortlessly take down three grown man simultaneously with ease, which forced them to leave with terror and being afraid of Tendo. He was capable of knocking down five police officers at once with no effort, a single shoulder and elbow push for two while using arm and foot to knock the other three down, note that he was holding back as much as possible to prevent them from getting hurt. He knocked down Kagami with a single punch and caused him to be injured. He chokeholds Shun Kageyama effortlessly that he was unable to resist or couldn't even manage to see his face, while he was holding back to prevent snapping his neck. Also, he easily and swiftly knocked down or knocked out numerous highly trained and heavily equipped ZECTroopers at once with one hit. Tendo's strength allows for him to send enemies flying several meters in the air from mere punches and kicks during his fight. His strength also extends to his legs, easily allowing him to jump several meters into the air, and kicking Kagami's wallet hard enough to knock out a mugger. His strength allows him to easily knock down numerous Salis Worms, which they are bulletproof even using specialize bullet against them and strong enough to causally walk through concrete walls, and was able to effectively fight against and knock down Minor Worms effortlessly without them using clock up. He used his strength to lift and escape from stockpile of heavy rubble collapsed and compressed on top of him. In the final battle, he was strong enough to throw a flower towards the meteor that negating its energy and cancelling the transmission which destroyed the controls, causing the meteorite that was turning humans into Natives to overload.
- Peak Human Durability: Tendo's body is inhumanly resistant towards impact forces and extreme blunt force trauma, that is exceptionally durable by human standards due to his intense training. His muscles and bones are vastly denser and far more resilient than an average human, making him extremely durable, even on par with the Executive Worms in their human forms. Augmented by his iron forged willpower, he can tolerate massive amount of physical pain and damage. For instance, he could withstand and unfazed by Dark Kabuto multiple kicks and punches without resisting and countering, even withstanding a rider kick in point-blank without transformed back into human and without any injuries afterwards. He did not have any visible injuries after numerous blows and a rider kick from KickHopper when he was out of control due to the Red-Shoes system. He can directly withstand a superhuman strong blow from Salis Worms which can easily kill ZECTroopers even when they are wearing heavy armors, with little to no injuries. Even after the battle between him and Gatack which cause him trapped under the rubble that would have killed most people, Tendo's resilience enabled him to survive stockpile of heavy rubble collapsed and compressed on top of him, with only minor injuries. When Gryllus Worm shot electric tentacles from the protrusions on his shoulders that penetrated Kabuto chest armor that made him severely wounded, he had shown no visible injures after the battle. He was able to jump from a communication tower (which was about 80m) in a diving pose to the ground and land perfectly without any injury. In fact, he had shown visible injuries only three times throughout the series.
- Peak Human Speed: Tendo can move at speeds superior than that of any finest human athletes, even on par with the Executive Worms in their human forms. He is also very maneuverable and graceful, being able to chase and outrun enemies through various terrains with no wasted effort or time, even quick enough to catch up to a speeding vehicle on foot. Hence, he was able to catch up the taxi immediately after receiving a call from Hiyori that his sister was in danger and then he ran from a bridge near the river to the city with tremendous speed which successfully prevented the Worm from killing her. Tendo was fast enough to run and catch four dishes at once within a few seconds which Jiiya accidentally dropped them a few meters away. On one occasion, while he was having tea at Bistro La Salle, the other customers were completely frozen in place.
- Peak Human Agility: Tendo agility is superior than that of any Olympic-gold athlete gymnast, even on par with the Executive Worms in their human forms. He can flawlessly coordinate his body with perfect balance, equilibrium, flexibility, and dexterity. He is capable of leaping great distances with great accuracy. His athletic prowess grants him exceptional agility, coordination, and balance while fighting and evading others. Tendo is incredibly nimble and agile, and has demonstrated high level of agility and dexterity. His mobility allows him to move away from the sight of others and stalk enemies from the shadows or higher vantage points. Tendo was able to fluidly dodge sudden attack from Worms by using coordinated flips without losing balance, like dodging Verber Worm, Sepultura Worm and Cochlea Worm superhuman speed attack and Genomyas Worm underground sneak attack, and jumping over a fence and then using dive roll to save Jiiya from falling, all which using less than a second. His nigh-superhuman agility enabled him to dodge bullet fire by Drake effortlessly even though he was not transformed.
- Peak Human Stamina: Tendo's highly trained and developed body generates far fewer and much more resistant fatigue toxins than an ordinary human, superior in that regard to the finest Olympian athlete. He is able to exert himself at his peak capacity for several hours without tiring or slowing down and granting him exceptional endurance and lung capacity, even on par with the Executive Worms in their human forms. He is able to fight or do sports which exert himself at peak capacity for long periods of time without showing any sign of fatigue. He was able to run from a bridge near the river to the city with tremendous speed which successfully catching up the taxi and prevented the Worm from killing his sister without any sign of tiring. After he was out of control due to the Red-Shoes system which severely affected his physical and mental condition, he was still able to continue battling with Worms, even fought against Uca Worm and forced her to retreat.
- Peak Human Reflexes: Tendo's reflexes are seemingly superhuman, and is far superior to normal humans and superior to those of the finest human athletes, even on par with the Executive Worms in their human forms. He is able to pick up danger before anyone else in his vicinity does, showing noticeably sharp hearing and sight. His acute skills of perception offer aid in otherwise detrimental situations. He is able to quickly react instantaneously to simultaneous attacks from multiple enemies. His reflexes can also be used to attack and counter instead of just defensive purposes, allowing him to punish attacks with devastating counters when fighting extraordinary quick opponents. Tendo reflexes could easily dodge a pinpoint knife attack slicing through his throat by a mugger while wearing geta and carrying a bowl with tofu inside, and catching the wallet reflected from the mugger without even looking. He kicked the table and caught the phone with ease while his hands were being back handcuffed. He effortlessly caught four dishes at once the moment he saw them by using different body parts (two by hands, one by foot and one by shoulder) which Jiiya accidentally dropped them.
- Peak Human Metabolism: Tendo's natural healing, metabolism, immune system, are at the highest limits of human potential, which means he can also heal much faster than normal humans, even on par with the Executive Worms in their human forms. His metabolism runs several times faster than an average human's due to his strict diet and incredible workout regimen. This allows him to have a near inhuman metabolism, healing, immune system, and longevity. His conditioning lets him recover from most injuries very quickly, though not superhuman. His immune system fights off microbes, infections, disorders, illnesses, sicknesses far better than normal. After he was out of control due to Red-Shoes system which severely affected his physical and mental condition, but he was able to heal up quickly and can continue battle with Worms, even fought against Uca Worm and forced her to retreat. After battling with Gatack and trapped under the rubble and causing stockpile of heavy rubble collapsed and compressed on top of him. His nigh-superhuman metabolism enable him to heal up rapidly without leaving a trace of injury within several days.
- Peak Human Senses: Tendo's five senses are pushed at the highest limits of human perfection; meaning that his sense of sight, touch, hearing, smell and taste are very keen, even surpass Culex Worm who has superhuman senses. His awareness, instincts, and senses combined grant him tremendous awareness of his surroundings on a wide range, this make him extremely alert to danger, bordering a sixth sense, seemingly able to sense potentially dangerous things shortly before they occur. For example, if an object is being thrown at Tendo, he will usually be aware of it, even if it is hurled from far away and he is facing the opposite direction. Tendo possesses extraordinary eyesight that his eyes are more acute than normal humans. Hence, his flawless sight allows him to perfectly aim his targets without even looking. He has also proven that his hearing is extremely acute, he can clearly hear conversations from several meters away, even can accurately identify a person's whereabouts based on the location of the sound that was produced. Moreover, he could easily detect if he was following by someone or someone was hiding away or spying from him, no matter humans or Worms, even very far from his location. His nigh-superhuman senses enable him to easily dodge Renge Takatori's assassination attempted from behind without even looking, even though she was a highly-trained spy and assassin who surpassed most of the ZECTroopers. He often utilizes this ability when performing a rider kick as he turned his back to his opponents and accurately sense when they will arrive and perform a rider kick. On the other hand, he utilizes this ability in cooking, and is able to pick out every individual ingredient in the food by either smelling or tasting it, so that he can cook the best taste of food. He even stated that he could remember all the flavors of the famous restaurants. His senses in cooking is so incredible that even beat Culex Worm in a cooking contest, who was a master chef with superhuman senses, while wielding the black knife that could manipulate emotion which enhanced the taste of food tremendously.
- Master Martial Artist: Tendo is extremely skilled master hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist, an infamously formidable master in numerous forms of martial arts, and almost unrivaled skill. He has mastered numerous martial arts such as Boxing, Kickboxing, Karate, Taekwondo, Savate, Krav Maga, Jeet Kune Do, Kung Fu, Judo, Aikido, Wing Chun, Kenpo, Yawyan, Kendo, Fencing, Kenjutsu and Intonjutsu. His fighting style consists of first analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of his opponents, then incorporating and taking full advantage of his proper use of physical forces, momentum, and leverage, as well as his knowledge of anatomical weaknesses and pressure-points, combined with his nigh-superhuman strength, executing it all at very high speeds. Moreover, Tendo's style is extremely unpredictable, proven as flexible and precise in his maneuvers, easily changing tactics and attack patterns to suit the situation, combined with short quick dodges while deflecting blows and counter-attacking to systematically take down and defeat his enemies. Even without being transformed, with his tremendous and incredible combat skills, combined with his strength, speed and agility, was sufficient enough to effortlessly fight against and easily knock down inhumanly strong Salis Worms or Minor Worms without them using clock up. After transformed, he effortlessly overpowered and defeated other ZECT Riders. Moreover, he defeated every Worms that he encountered, even the most powerful Worms, including Uca Worm who is the first Executive Worm, Cassis Worm who has the "Life of Immortality" ability, which enables him to evolve into a new form each time he gets defeated, and Gryllus Worm who is the strongest Native that overpowered Hyper Kabuto and Gatack at the same time (even Maximum Hyper Typhoon failed to damage him), as he was able to exchange some blows as Tendo overwhelmed him in hand-to-hand combat with his superior fighting skills, until he was severely wounded by the Gryllus Worm which penetrated Kabuto's chest armor, but eventually able to defeat him with aid from Gatack.
- Weapon Mastery: Tendo is not only proficient in handling any types of weapons including gun, knife, axe, dagger and sword, but also maximize the use of the weapons' properties. He used Kabuto Kunaigun Axe Mode and Kunai Mode to fight against Worms or ZECT Riders for close combat, even able to destroy Minor Worms without using a Rider Kick. He used Kabuto Kunaigun Gun Mode to fight against Worms or ZECT Riders for long ranges, he was able to maximize the use of it as he used his Kabuto Kunaigun to shoot DAT Sight beam through the dust and glass shards in the air, which tracked Aracnea Worm Rubor who was using clock up, and tricking it into impaling itself on his Kunai's axe blade, and thus destroying it. He used Perfect Zecter mainly for final attacks against Worms or ZECT Riders, most impressive feat is he used Hyper Shooting that disperses into several homing laser shots to counter Cassis Worm's time-stopping ability which completely surprised the latter.
- Master Marksman: Tendo is an extremely skilled and outstanding marksman. He has extraordinary talent in marksmanship with unerring accuracy due to his keen eyesight and impeccable hand-eye coordination. He could wield firearms with superior accuracy and precision, though he preferred using firearms after transformed. He has near-perfect precision with any aimed or thrown any weapon or projectile with unerring accuracy, which can make precise shots from virtually any angle, physical position, or state of motion. Moreover, Tendo can hurl objects with extreme speed and deadly accuracy, both in direct aim and complicated rebounds or interactions. Tendo was able to kick Kagami's wallet with extreme velocity and deadly precision which accurately hit the mugger's head without any effort and knocking him out and then even reflecting back to his hand. Tendo was also able to throw the wallet backwards and accurately land on Kagami's hand without even looking at him. During sports battle between him and Tsurugi, Tendo was able to score perfectly in bowling every time and never miss once.
- Master Swordsman: Tendo is a master swordsman with extraordinarily skilled and highly accomplished in swordsmanship, that demonstrated tremendous and nearly unrivaled skills with a sword. Hence, Tendo perform kendo and fencing at an Olympic-level, which both sports mainly use swords as weapons. His swordsmanship has proven to be superior than that of Tsurugi Kamishiro, a master swordsman in his own right, Tendo was able to fight on par with him in kendo but surpassed him in fencing as Tsurugi was able to hold his own against Tendo for a while before being disarmed.
- Master Acrobat: Tendo is proven to be extremely agile and evasive, able to fluidly dodge attacks from multiple directions with coordinated flips, twists, and sharp turns without losing balance. He often utilizes these talents in combat for both evasive and offensive purposes. Hence, he was able to dodge Verber Worm, Sepultura Worm and Cochlea Worm superhuman speed attack and Genomyas Worm underground sneak attack by using coordinated flips and twists, and jumping over a tall fence and then using dive roll to save Jiiya from falling, all which using less than a second.
- Master Spy: Tendo is extremely skilled in espionage, intelligence gathering, stealth, infiltration, and sabotage, capable of breaching high security facilities without being detected. Hence, he was managed to infiltrate So Yaguruma's highly trained security team with ease to reveal the Worm. He also disguised as the job required in order to infiltrate different places including police station, police headquarters, a church, a hospital, Tsurugi's house and even a ZECT off-site prison. However, Tendo's most impressive feat was he infiltrated ZECT headquarters (one of the most guarded facilities) numerous times to acquire information, despite its staggering security systems. He can follow his targets and sneak at the back of people for long periods of time unnoticed, and quickly disappear from sight even in broad daylight. Tendo's remarkable speed and almost ape-like agility allow him to move away from the sight of others and stalk enemies from the shadows and higher vantage points.
- Master Athlete: Tendo can perform any kind of sports at an Olympic-level, including football, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, kendo, bowling (scoring perfectly for each time), fencing, and baseball, only rivaled by Scorpion Worm in his human form with superhuman condition, but Tendo is able to surpass him in fencing.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Tendo is an extraordinarily intelligent and eclectic polymath genius, who he always aims himself to become perfect in all aspects (which he actually did). His intelligence is nearly unrivaled, enable him to stay extremely far ahead of everyone else, even an extreme powerful origination like ZECT was unable to keep up with him and powerless against him, so he virtually outsmarted anyone or any organizations. Moreover, he is very sharp-witted, methodical, calculating and confident man, alert and adaptive to the situation. He is highly tactical, both in preparation and while in action, he always remains calm even in critical and dangerous situation. Hence, he is able to quickly analyze the situation and how best to handle it. Some manifestations of this are his exceptionally perfect charisma, eloquence, leadership skills, deductive/analytical skills, and tactical genius. Due to his mental training and being naturally gifted, he has acquired an instant learning aptitude, parallel multitasking, eidetic/photographic memory, accelerated reading, and a more powerful memory. He can memorize anything by just a single glance. He mastered all kind of sports at an Olympic-level including football, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, kendo, bowling (scoring perfectly for each time), fencing, and baseball. He also mastered cooking, hairstyling and playing the piano. Though rarely seen, his intellect possibly extend to scientific fields (as he aims himself to become perfect in all aspects), including engineering, medical science, and neuroscience.
- Master Tactician: Tendo is an excellent strategist and tactical genius, often using cunning and planning to effectively assess combat situations and come up with effective strategies, and successfully outwit stronger and more powerful foes like Cassis Worm and Gryllus Worm, rather than simply out-fighting them, he uses any of their exploitable weaknesses to his advantage. One instance is when he lost a fight due to Cassis Worm using time-freezing abilities, he instantly created strategies and plans that used his Perfect Zecter to counter Cassis Worm's time-freezing ability and caught the latter completely off guard. He is able to formulate battle strategies and his brilliant tactical sense allows him to alter near any strategy to fit the changing needs of the situation and has demonstrated the ability to quickly process multiple information streams, and rapidly respond to any changing tactical situations by creating perfect winning strategies rapidly. In addition, Tendo is a master escape artist, being able to free himself from various confinements, such as getting handcuffs off by himself, escaping from the ZECT headquarters easily when he was being held captive, with even more impressive feats which he managed to escape from stockpile of heavy rubble collapsed and compressed on top of him.
- Master Detective: Tendo is an immensely formidable detective genius, capable of observation, forensic investigation, and psychological assessments, as well as both inductive and deductive reasoning of the highest caliber. He has extraordinary perception that allowed him to efficiently deduce and analyze people who are mimic by Worms, and virtually no one can lie, deceive or manipulate him. When he was asking Kagami about ZECT, he accurately deduced that it was not because Kagami couldn't tell Tendo the details about ZECT, it was because Kagami didn't know anything about ZECT, after that even based on the desperation of Kagami wanting Tendo to join ZECT, Tendo flawlessly deduced how ZECT worked, which they were all true. He also immediately suspected and correctly deduced Kagami's brother was a Worm after knowing him suddenly returned after two years. His most impressive feat is when Tendo was the only one who saw through Negishi's master plan which fooled everyone else, as Tendo deduced the Worm identification necklaces were actually Native necklaces, which were able to turn humans into Native Worms. Even after Tendo told Kagami about its true nature, he distrusted him and still thought that the Natives were their allies.
- Master Chef: Tendo has consistently proven himself to be an exceptional and extremely talented cook, having been taught by his grandmother and secretly self-learned from Jiiya's cooking book. He always tells Hiyori to cook for him in order to learn from her and improve his own cooking skills. His cooking skills were further improved after Tendo acquired training from Jiiya's twin brother that he learnt the true purpose of cooking, and became worthy to wield the legendary white knife. He was able to beat Culex Worm and other master chef including Jiiya, who was a head cook for the Discabil Restaurant and a mentor of Tendo, while wielding the black knife that could manipulate emotion which enhanced the taste of food tremendously. Culex Worm was very impressed by Tendo's cooking skills, and even intended to kill Tendo in order to obtain the memories of his cooking skills. His cooking ability is shown only rivaled by Jiiya and Hiyori.
- Expert Leader: Despite preferring to work alone, Tendo is a highly effective and extremely skilled leader when the situation requires and has demonstrated impressive charisma and leadership skills. He was able to command respect from his allies like Kagami, Yuzuki, Renge, Daisuke, or his subordinates in ZECT when he was the leader of Shadow. Hence, he led the Shadow troopers into victory against Worms with no one injured or killed, and his leadership ability was instrumental in the mission to stop Worms from killing the humans. Masato Mishima himself stated that Shun Kageyama's leadership abilities was far inferior than Tendo's. He led many people in various infiltrations and succeeded.
- Expert Pianist: Tendo can play the piano perfectly and beautifully which is on par with a professional pianist. He played a duet with Tsurugi Kamishiro with a difficult piano piece even without any preparation.
- Multilingualism: Tendo speaks his native Japanese, as well as many other languages fluently, including Italian, French, and English.
- Indomitable Will: Tendo has tremendous and unstoppable determination, sense of discipline, morale and strength of will, which makes him an extremely formidable opponent, one who absolutely refuses to hunker down and give up, even when placed against seemingly insurmountable odds which is known to keep fighting to the end. This makes him able to function while tolerating massive amounts of physical pain. Tendo vows to protect both the world and his sisters, even accepting one of them being a Native. He always said to Kagami that even if the world became his enemies, he would not give up even in the end. In the final battle against the Gryllus Worm, Tendo refused to give up even though the winning side is on the Natives, as many humans had already turned into them, and he ultimately defeated him alongside with Gatack.
Quotes from his Grandmother
Throughout the series, Tendo would always quote dictations from his adoptive grandmother. Sometimes his stepsister, Juka, would also quote it as well.
- "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who'll rule everything."
- "As long as I am wanted, destiny will always be at my side."
- "Force the world to revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way."
- "People become stronger through adventures."
- "If you're going to an adventure, make it a big adventure."
- "When people love others, they grow weaker, though it's nothing to be ashamed of. True weakness lies elsewhere. Because this is not true weakness. Only those who know weakness will be truly able to become stronger."
- "When not close by, one is even closer."
- "Chase two birds, and you catch two birds."
- "Sickness occurs because of the food. You can't spell great without eat."
- "Each meal only happens once in your life, so make each one the most important."
- "If you're going to eat it anyway, then eat the best one first."
- "People who steal things lost something even more important."
- "It is enjoyable to eat something delicious, but the greatest joy comes from the time spent waiting for it."
- "No matter what condiment, what ingredient... there is something greater: the love of the person cooking"
- "There are no bad restaurants or bad experiments in this world."
- "Fancy food does not taste good. No matter what truth you try to hide, you cannot hide it."
- "Fancy flavors cannot hide poor cooking."
- "If you wish it to be so, luck will always be on your side."
- "If I wish for it, fate will always be my ally."
- "Flowers can make any girl glow."
- "All girls are equally beautiful."
- "There are two things a man must never do. One is to not make girls cry... The other is to not handle food so crudely!"
- "A truly famous store does not put out advertisements."
- "Fighting is something done from the stomach. Put the energy from your stomach into it!"
- "Work is as sticky as natto."
- "Immature fruit is sour, producing immature fights."
- "A knife can only bring happiness when used in cooking."
- "It's fun to add a secret flavor so that no one knows. But... it's more fun to find it."
- "Even the devil's whispers can sometimes sound like an angel's voice."
- "One that drowns in oneself will eventually fall to darkness."
- "Even in a world full only with enemies, there will always be someone you must protect."
- "A cuisine's flavor is decided by preparation and performance. Its the same with battle."
- "If you receive a little kindness, give them a large serving."
- "Imitating others is not bad. That's how we recognize ourselves."
- "Once you know the real thing... you won't be fooled by an imitation."
- "Children are treasures. The greatest sin in this world is to damage those treasures."
- "The strong are saved. The weak crumble. Only the strong need to survive."
- "Angels descend during meals. Therefore, it's a sacred time."
- "The sun is wonderful. It can even make the dirt shine."
- "Life is a long path to a goal. Drop your heavy luggage and enjoy walking with your hands empty."
- "Men must be cool. Boiling water turns into vapor."
- "I am the center of the world. So... I will save the world."
- "Truly delicious food will change the life of the one who eats it."
- "Cooking spreads to another. The flavor connects one person to another."
- "With strength as a goal, I will become even stronger... always as much as necessary."
- "The wishes of the children are the future's reality... adults that laugh at such dreams are no longer human."
- "People walk on the path of people and that which opens that path up is the path of Heaven."
- "A bond is a deep connection that can never be broken. Even if apart, heart and heart are still connected."
- "My evolution is faster than the speed of the light. There is nothing in the whole universe that can keep up with my evolution."
- "Justice is myself. I am justice."
- "There is only one name in the world that you must remember. Walking the path of Heaven... the man who will rule over all."
- "There is nothing wrong with imitating a person... as long as it's to find who you really are." (In Hyper Battle Video only)
- "They who control the water will control the world." (In movie only)
Kamen Rider Kabuto
The Kabuto Zecter (カブトゼクター, Kabuto Zekutā) allows Tendo to transform into Kamen Rider Kabuto. As with all of the Zecters, Kabuto has two basic forms that he can transform into.
- Punching Power: 8 t.
- Lifting Power: 25 t.
- Kicking Power: 10 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 20 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 8.9 sec.
Kabuto's Masked Form (マスクドフォーム, Masukudo Fōmu) is a heavily armored form resembling a pupa. Due to the heavy armor, Masked Form offers strong defensive but low offensive capabilities. This is Kabuto's default form, until he flips the "horn" on the Kabuto Zecter (カブトゼクター, Kabuto Zekutā), like a switch, to initiate the Cast Off (キャストオフ, Kyasuto Ofu) command. This primes the armor to "Cast Off," which when fully activated, sends the armor flying off his body, destroying all lower Worms that get hit with the ejected armor parts and revealing the sleeker Rider Form. It is shown to be possible for Masked Form to be bypassed altogether, as seen in the Hyper Battle Video and by the alternate version of Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto in Kamen Rider Decade, by flipping the horn immediately after placing the Kabuto Zecter on the belt before the armor materializes. When Kabuto switches the horn on the Kabuto Zecter back to its original position, it will initiate Put On (プットオン, Putto On) sequence, where all of the extra armor reattaches to him, restoring Masked Form either partially or completely.
The Armor of Masked Form consists of the following parts:
- Kabuto Receiver (カブトレシーバー, Kabuto Reshībā) is the V-shaped horn on the forehead, usually has more than four times the hearing ability of a person, listens to sounds in the range of 16 Hz to 120 thousand Hz, and can even hear a needle falling 5 km ahead.
- Manipulator Arm (マニピュレーターアーム, Manipyurētā Āmu) is the silver armor supported and reinforced by HP Pod (ＨＰポッド, HP Poddo), it is possible to continue to lift with heavy load even with heavy objects of 25 tons for a long time.
- Lung Slit (ラングスリット, Rangu Suritto) is the black shoulder tip that take in air. Gas is separated, converted into high-compression oxygen, and the oxygen concentration in the body is made up, and make Oxygen Value (オキシジェンバルプ, Okishijen Barubu) spreads throughout the body. Only activated by qualified person can make him to be able to use the Masked Rider System freely.
- Kabuto Exclusive Zect Mark (カブト専用ゼクトマーク, Kabuto Sen'yō Zekuto Māku)
- Enhanced Chest (強化チェスト, Kyōka Chesuto) hidden inside the Masked Armor, stores high compressed oxygen which can be operated freely for more than 10 hours even above 5000 m above sea level. In Masked Form, Kabuto Horn is stored and isolated in chest.
- Masked Armor (マスクドアーマー, Masukudo Āmā) is molecularly coupled by electric force called van der Waals force. Also, by Cast Off, Masked Armor can blow off at the initial speed of 2000 m/s and can give damage to enemies nearby.
|"Cast Off! Change Beetle!"|
- Hearing: 5 km.
- Punching Power: 3 t.
- Kicking Power: 7 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 37 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5.8 sec. (After Clock Up : near the speed of light)
- Rider Kick: 19 t.
Kabuto's Rider Form (ライダーフォーム, Raidā Fōmu) is the sleeker and more offensive-based form. This form resembles more of a Japanese rhinoceros beetle, which Kabuto is named and themed after. In this form, Kabuto has access to the Clock Up (クロックアップ, Kurokku Appu) command, enabling him to move freely through the flow of time to match the Worms. By pressing the three buttons on the belt in succession, Kabuto can perform his tachyon-powered Rider Kick (ライダーキック, Raidā Kikku). Kabuto Rider Form has three known variations of Rider Kick: a normal 180 degree roundhouse kick, a counter kick (360 degree roundhouse kick, which is used to surprise opponents who attempt to attack him from behind), and a flying side kick.
Rider Form consists of the following parts:
- Kabuto Horn (カブトホーン, Kabuto Hōn) has the same capabilities with Masked Form's Kabuto Receiver. Also, when charged up with the Kabuto Zecter, it receives a wave and glows red.
- O Signal (Ｏシグナル, O Shigunaru) senses the disturbance of the space-time at the same time as a Worm doing Clock Up and informs it to Kabuto.
- Bourne Shell Met (ボーンシェルメット, Bōnsherumetto)
- Compound Eye (コンパウンドアイ, Konpaundo Ai) has a field of view to instantaneously identify targets 2 km away covering the wide angle of 130 degrees in all directions. Moreover, enemies can be identified by fluoroscopy with X-rays, neutron rays, and infrared rays even in hidden objects and darkness.
- Kabuto Breast (カブトブレスト, Kabuto Buresuto)
- Sign Suit (サインスーツ, Sain Sūtsu)
- Rider Armor (ライダーアーマー, Raidā Āmā)
- Rider Balm (ライダーバーム, Raidā Bāmu)
- Full Throttle (フルスロットル, Furu Surottoru)
- Rider Stomper (ライダーストンパー, Raidā Sutonpā)
Appearances: Kabuto Episode 2-49, God Speed Love, Kamen Rider G, Decade Episode 31, All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, W & Decade: Movie War 2010, Super Hero Taisen, Super Hero Taisen Z, Wizard Episode 52-53, Kamen Rider Taisen, Super Hero Taisen GP, Legendary! Riders' Souls!, "Tricks": Kamen Rider Genm, Be The One, Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER, Kamen Rider Zi-O: Over Quartzer, Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation, Kamen Rider Saber ＋ Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger: Superhero Senki
|"Hyper Cast Off! Change Hyper Beetle!"|
- Hearing: 5 km.
- Punching Power: 10 t.
- Kicking Power: 15 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 50 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 4.2 sec. (After Hyper Clock Up : faster than the speed of light)
- Hyper Rider Kick: 30 t.
Kabuto is able to access Hyper Form (ハイパーフォーム, Haipā Fōmu), a stronger version of Rider Form. Accessed through the Hyper Zecter (ハイパーゼクター, Haipā Zekutā), Soji transforms into this form via Hyper Cast Off (ハイパーキャストオフ, Haipā Kyasuto Ofu).
In Hyper Form, Kabuto also has access to Hyper Clock Up (ハイパークロックアップ, Haipā Kurokku Appu), an even faster version of Clock Up as he able to time travel due to its faster-than-light speed properties. The extent of Kabuto's time travel is currently unknown, but he has been shown travelling up to seven years in the past. Kabuto is also able to take objects back in time along with him. He is also equipped with jets on his back, the flames of which resemble insect wings, which he can use to fly. In God Speed Love, Kabuto was shown to be able to fly through space, and the jets had enough power to move a meteor far larger than him.
This form's finisher is the Hyper Kick (ハイパーキック, Haipā Kikku), which is activated by first pulling the Hyper Zecter's horn before performing the usual process for the Rider Kick.
- Kabuto Zecter - Kabuto's transformation device
- Rider Belt - Kabuto's transformation belt
- Zectmizer - A device that deploys minidrones
- Hyper Zecter - Kabuto's transformation device to become Hyper Form
Legend Rider Devices
|"Kamen Ride: Kabuto! (Kabuto Zecter's Cast off transformation sound) Change Beetle!"|
|―DX Neodecadriver Transformation announcement[src]|
Transforms Decade into Kabuto's Rider Form, used once before its power is sealed.「Rider War」 Regained when Tsukasa taught Mayu the true meaning about her Grandmother's saying of looks being deceiving while praising Sohji's family bonds.「The Grandma Way of Taste」 During Super Hero Taisen event, Tsukasa is shown able to summon Kabuto Kunaigun when assume as Kabuto. He also able to use Clock Up without using Attack Ride Clock Up card, first shown when battling Go-Busters. 「Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen」
- Kabuto Masked: Decade transforms into Kamen Rider Kabuto Masked Form. This card is not used in the series, but in the S.I.C. Hero Saga side story, Masked Rider Decade: World of Stronger where Decade uses this card to protect himself from Delzer Army General Steel's steel shaft. Unlike the other Form Ride Cards, this card transforms Decade into the default form of the Rider instead of a mid-upgraded form.
When Kamen Rider Decade is in his Complete Form, he uses the K-Touch to summon the Final Forms of the Nine Heisei Riders. After he presses the Rider's symbol, a card of that Rider's Final Form appears in a set of nine on Kamen Rider Decade's chest. The Kabuto Hyper card summons Kamen Rider Kabuto Hyper Form. Using the Kabuto Final AttackRide card allows Decade to execute a double Hyper Kick or a Maximum Hyper Cyclone (armed with the Perfect Zector in Gun Mode) alongside Kabuto Hyper Form. Also used by default form Decade to transform into Decade Kabuto Hyper Form in S.I.C. Hero Saga, World Of Stronger to fight Stronger Charge Up Form, but was defeated. Also used again by Decade Complete to fight Stronger Charge Up Form but unfortunately beaten by Stronger Charge Up' Super Stronger Electric Kick.
These cards allow Decade to perform any of their own attacks, Decade is also able to use any signature attacks of whatever Kamen Rider he has transformed into.
- Clock Up: As Kabuto, or Decade moves extremely fast to the point that seconds slow down into minutes. In the novel, the card somehow ended up in Soji's possession and give it to Tsukasa after he realized that he is Decade with the card itself being used by Decade while in Kuuga Mighty Form.
- When this attack is used in Kabuto form, Kabuto Zecter's voice will be played. But Decadriver's voice will be played instead if Tsukasa stays in his Decade form.
- Hyper Clock Up : As Kabuto Hyper Form, Decade is able travel at near light speeds, allowing him to travel forward or backward through time. This card is not shown in the TV series, but is used in the S.I.C Hero Saga side story published in Hobby Japan magazine.
The Zecter Kabuto card transforms Kabuto into a giant Kabuto Zecter, able to burrow underground.
The Zecter Kabuto charges at the opponent in a devastating mid-air body slam, Decade Meteor. With the target left vulnerable in mid-air, Kabuto and Decade execute their respective kick attacks while in Clock Up. The same card can be used by Decade in Kabuto's Rider Form to execute Kabuto's Rider Kick.
Kabuto Rider Form Medal (カブトライダーフォームメダル, Kabuto Raidā Fōmu Medaru): Based on Kamen Rider Kabuto Rider Form.
Kabuto Hyper Form Medal (カブトハイパーフォームメダル, Kabuto Haipā Fōmu Medaru): Based on Kamen Rider Kabuto Hyper Form.
The Kabuto Module (カブトモジュール, Kabuto Mojūru) is the legendary Fourze Module based off of Kamen Rider Kabuto, which is equipped on the left leg of Kamen Rider Fourze via the triangle-based Kabuto Switch (カブトスイッチ, Kabuto Suitchi). The Kabuto Module allows Fourze to perform Kabuto's Rider Kick. Like Kabuto, the module is in a Masked mode when activated until it is able to Cast Off and then the module changes to Rider mode.
This Rider Ring which bears the likeness of Kamen Rider Kabuto is exclusive to Kamen Rider Wizard's Wizard Ring toyline. When used by a Wizardriver wearer, it would be able to summon Kamen Rider Kabuto.
- Kabuto Lockseed (カブトロックシード, Kabuto Rokkushīdo): Allows the user to transform into Kabuto Arms, equipped with the Kabuto Kunaigun. The core image depicts the Kabuto Rider Belt while the lid backside image depicts the Kabuto Zecter. Gaim/Kurokage/Bujin Gaim/Kamuro-styled Lockseed.
- Signal Legend Kabuto (シグナルレジェンドカブト, Shigunaru Rejendo Kabuto, Based on Kamen Rider Kabuto's Kabuto Extender): Allows Mach to activate a Kourin Signal Legend. When used in the DX Drive Driver, it gives the sound for a Tire Exchange into Drive: Kabuto (ドライブ・カブト, Doraibu - Kabuto).
|"Kaigan! Kabuto! (Zecter belt standby sounds) Ima sugu kasoku! Cast Off! (Masked Form post-transformation pneumatic sounds)"|
|―Transformation announcement with Ghost Driver[src]|
Kabuto Ghost Eyecon (カブトゴースト眼魂, Kabuto Gōsuto Aikon) is one of the 16 title Kamen Riders' Ghost Eyecons. It shows the number R07 on its Startup Time setting, Kabuto Rider Form's face on its Transformation Time setting, and Kabuto's symbol on its Move Invocation Time setting.
|"Gashat! Let's Ride! Metcha Ride! Mutcha Ride! What's your Ride!? I'm a Legend Rider!"|
|―Level 1 announcement[src]|
|"Gachan! Level Up! (Kabuto Zecter activation noise) Kabuto ni Kuwagata! Hachi! Tonbo! Sasori! Batta! Konchu Daisensou! (Kabuto Zecter buzzing noise) (Jet Combat-styled song)"|
|―Level 2 announcement[src]|
|"A Gacha! (Zecter inserting noise) Te-Ten-Ten-Ten no Michi! Ca-Ca-ca-Cast Off! Clock Up! Beetle! (post transformation noise) (Bang Bang Shooting-styled song)"|
|―Level 3 announcement[src]|
- Insect Wars Kabuto Gashat (昆虫大戦争カブト, Konchū Dai Sensō Kabuto): Based on Kamen Rider Kabuto.
|"(Digital beeping) Kabuto!"|
|"Cast Off and super accelerate! The Beetle Rider is... (Clock ticking noise) Kabuto! (キャストオフして超加速！ビートルのライダーは…カブトだ！, Kyasuto Ofu shite chō kasoku! Bītoru no Raidā wa... (Clock ticking noise) Kabuto da!)"|
|―Secondary activation announcement[src]|
|"Rider Time! (Electronic beat mixed with Kabuto Zecter post-Rider Form noises) Change Beetle! Kabuto!"|
|―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's right-hand slot[src]|
|"(Right-hand Ridewatch's announcement)! Armor Time! (Electronic beat mixed with Kabuto Zecter post-Rider Form noises) Change Beetle! Kabuto!"|
|―Rider Armor transformation announcement[src]|
|"(Digital beeping) Hyper Form!"|
|"Go beyond time with super speed! Flap with rainbow-coloured wings! Kabuto Hyper Form! (超スピードで時を超えろ！虹色の翼ではばたけ！カブトハイパーフォーム！, Chō supīdo de toki o koero! Niji iro no tsubasa de habatake! Kabuto Haipā Fōmu!)"|
|―Secondary activation announcement[src]|
|"(Right-hand Ridewatch's announcement)! Armor Time! Habatake! Chou soku! Hyper Kabuto! Hyper Beetle!"|
|―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's left-hand slot[src]|
|"Finish Time! Kabuto! Hyper Clock Time (Break/Burst/Jack)!"|
|―Finisher announcement in left-hand slot[src]|
Kabuto Hyper Form Ridewatch (カブトハイパーフォームライドウォッチ, Kabuto Haipā Fōmu Raidowotchi): Based on Kamen Rider Kabuto Hyper Form, this Ridewatch would provide access to the KabutoHyperFormArmor. It is dated 2006, but shown on the Ziku-Driver's screen as FIN.
Another Kabuto Watch (アナザーカブトウォッチ, Anazā Kabuto Wotchi): A twisted version of the Kabuto Ridewatch used to transform into Another Kabuto.
|"Progrise! Change Beetle! ClockUpping Kabuto! He who was born a god and governs all."|
|―Transformation announcement with the Hiden Zero-One Driver[src]|
The Kousoku Kabuto Goroku Wonder Ride Book (高速カブト語録ワンダーライドブック, Kōsoku Kabuto Goroku Wandā Raido Bukku, lit. "High-Speed Kabuto Sayings Wonder Ride Book") is based on Kamen Rider Kabuto and his forms. The book's name is shortened to "Kabuto" in the Swordriver's announcements, and announced as "Worm" in the Ankokuken Kurayami.
- Grandmother: The one who takes Soji in after the death of his parents. She is the one who teaches and leads Soji to become what he is now. He loves and respects her greatly.
- Jyuka Tendo: His adoptive sister. He cares for her and is extremely protective of her. She looks up to him as a brother as well.
- Hiyori Kusakabe: His true sister. Despite the fact that she is actually a Native, Soji still goes to great lengths to protect Hiyori the same way as he does with Jyuka.
- Arata Kagami: Tendo has an interest in Kagami initially because of his straight forward mind. At first, their relationship has a difficult start due to the differences in their personality. As time goes by, Tendo and Kagami start to trust each other from their countless battles and ordeals. Tendo helps Kagami learn a few valuable lessons when he is in doubt, while Kagami offers his support to Tendo when he is in a dilemma. Tendo even grows to trust Kagami enough to be the only one to defeat him should he lose control because of the Red Shoes system. At one point, while facing the Cassis Worm, he notes to the monster that their bond is unbreakable. Eventually, Tendo and Kagami become good friends who always have each other's backs despite their differences, a fact lampshaded by Tendo in the final episode.
- Yuzuki Misaki: She becomes Tendo's intellect and trusted ally among some Zect members. She keeps the secret that Tendo is Kabuto from ZECT HQ for a while. Despite this, she is not above being agitated by Tendo's behavior.
- Syuichi Tadokoro: Shuichi is also a trusted person who provides Tendo with intellect.
- Daisuke Kazama: The first person whom Tendo called "weird" due to his principles of "living like the wind" and also his overly womanizing manner. He has to call him out on more than one occasion because of his naivety towards women. Tendo has once see him as a "jerk" because he does not even care of Gon, until she is held hostage. In spite of all that, the two still support each other on the battlefield when needed. Tendo even helped him out after Daisuke had been framed for murder, which let Daisuke to stay at his house, although later it was revealed that he was actually a Worm that was mimicking Daisuke.
- Gon: Tendo is friendly to Gon, because he has the principle of "Children are the world's number one treasure"
- Tsurugi Kamishiro: The first person 99% able to match Tendo. Tsurugi sees Tendo as a rival in killing Worms because he wants to avenge his sister. At first, Tendo did not like Tsurugi because his attitude caused harm to Jyuka. Over time though, Tsurugi's willingness to better himself convinces Tendo to place some trust towards him, though usually with a sense of snark. Near the end, despite Tendo's hostility towards Worms and Tsurugi's actions as the Scorpio Worm, Tendo showed clear signs of hesitancy to kill him, requiring Tsurugi himself to convince him. Even then, Tendo maintained his respect towards Tsurugi, stating that his actions were done to honor Tsurugi's wishes.
- Jiiya: One of the very few people he ever respects. Tendo will always accept to help him on any problem and even goes far as to call him "Treasure of humanity". Tendo also reveals that he learns how to cook from his book.
- Renge Takatori: At first, Renge is a spy sent to kill Tendo. However, after Tendo warmed her heart to enjoy life properly, she becomes an apprentice of Tendo. Tendo is always surprised by her weird cooking which turns out to be rather delicious.
- So Yaguruma: Tendo has no interest in Sou, even calling his Perfect Harmony imperfect. When Tendo begins to outperform him, So's pride becomes his greatest flaw, it costs him his TheBee Zecter and his position in ZECT. When he returns as KickHopper, he states that he does not wish to be with the light of the "Sun" (implying Tendo).
- Shun Kageyama: Tendo dislikes Shun because of his manipulative nature, especially when he kicks Sou from the team and uses Arata as a deadly bait to find a traitor. Shun dislikes Tendo as well, because he is not allied with ZECT. During his time as PunchHopper, he follows So.
Behind the Scenes
Tendo Tendo is portrayed by Hiro Mizushima (水嶋 ヒロ, Mizushima Hiro). The younger Tendo from seven years prior to the series is portrayed by Sean Wiig (ショーン・ウィーグ, Shōn Wīgu), while seventeen years prior he is portrayed by Kosuke Takeda (武田 航介, Takeda Kōsuke). In Kamen Rider Climax Heroes and Kamen Rider Battride War, Kabuto was voiced by the late Tsuyoshi Takishita, and recordings of this voice was recycled in later Battride War installments, even after his death in 2013. In Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai, Kabuto was voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya (神谷 浩史, Kamiya Hiroshi).
- Tendo is the first protagonist since Shinji Kido to not be a modified human throughout their entire series, with all other protagonists have been physically altered at some point in time.
- Tendo is one of the few main Heisei Riders not to have his Rider identity assumed by another character either by obtaining the belt (before or after said main gets it), imitation, or dream sequence throughout the show's run. The only other cases are Haruto Soma, Takeru Tenkuji, and Sougo Tokiwa.
- OOO/Den-O/All Riders Let's Go Kamen Riders 40 Years Chronicle
- Kodansha Series MOOK Kamen Rider Heisei Rider Vol. 10: Decade
- TV Asahi. (2006). Kamen Rider Kabuto.
- TV Asahi. (2006). Kamen Rider Kabuto Hyper Form.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named