|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Ryuki.|
- "I can do whatever I want, for however long I want! Is there any greater prize than that?"
- ―Kitaoka on his wish for immortality[src]
Shuichi Kitaoka (北岡 秀一 Kitaoka Shūichi) is Kamen Rider Zolda (仮面ライダーゾルダ Kamen Raidā Zoruda, Masked Rider Zolda), a character in the tokusatsu production Kamen Rider Ryuki. He is the fourth of the 13 Kamen Riders the story revolves around. However, he served as the third main Rider in the series.
He is a self-proclaimed "Super-lawyer", tends to only help someone if he has something to gain. Because he has a terminal case of cancer and was given only several more months to live, Kitaoka accepted Kanzaki's offer to join the Rider war. His prize is to be immortal so that he could continue his extravagant lifestyle. Because of his illness, he suffers from frequent dizzy spells and fainting.
He first meets Shinji Kido after he clears the Sakura Company of its credit fraud charges and is later pursued by its bookies after taking their dirty money as added payment for his services. Though Shinji was unaware of this at first, he attempts to save Kitaoka only to be rescued by his apprentice Goro Yura. Shinji later meets Kitaoka again when he and Reiko wanted permission from the Kawazu Pharmacy to inspect their factory for environmental violations. Interested in Shinji, Kitaoka allows Shinji to hang around with him and understand his ideology until Shinji hit a nerve of Kitaoka's thought to live for one's own desire seemed hollow made Kitaoka kick him out.
Later, after attacking Kamen Rider Ryuki just as Ryuki kills a Zebraskull, Kitaoka learns that Shinji is in jail for suspected kidnapping and agrees to help him on the condition that Reiko writes a special article to boost his positive image. However, learning that Shinji's Ryuki with seeing the wound he inflicted in their fight, Kitaoka goes to Atori Cafe to get his pay from Ren. However, when a Wildboarder attacks, Kitaoka exposes himself while learning that Ren is a Rider - Kamen Rider Knight - as well. After fighting him, Kitaoka questions Ren's reasons for not killing Shinji. Kitaoka had intended to frame Shinji for kidnapping but after being fired as Shinji's lawyer when his intentions were revealed, Kitaoka is annoyed that Shinji is freed because of a girl named Yukari whom he brushed off while refusing to aid her. But after learning that her mother is hospitalized, Kitaoka secretly pays for her mother's surgery and earns the girl's respect. However, Zolda manages to sneak attack Ryuki and Knight while they were fighting the Wildboarder with Magnugiga, killing the monster while giving Ren memory loss in the overkill attack.
Kitaoka later gives Goro use of Zolda for a while to conceal himself, until get sets up a scheme of having Shinji believe he accidentally killed Goro to have him quit being a Rider. But his arrogance of barring ORE from a press conference to spite Reiko led to her helping Ren expose the lawyer as the real Zolda. After bailing out the son of one of his clients, Jun Shibaura, Kitaoka drops his long time client Takeshi Asakura out being tired of the man's attitude, leading Asakura receiving aid from Kanzaki. Eventually the two found out they were both Riders and they began a personal feud against each other. Though Shinji would attempt to warn him of this while under the effect of Kamen Rider Odin's Time Vent, Kitaoka faked helping Shinji and later states that fulfilling his wish to win the Rider War is more important than Asakura staying behind bars.
As the war goes on, Kitaoka becomes weaker and weaker. He begins to have doubts whether he can truly win the war. He also grows to care for Shinji, unwilling to fight him when he saw that, while Shinji requested to fight, his heart wasn't in it.
- "The weather is so bad today. I can't see your face clearly anymore, Goro."
- ―Kitaoka's last words before passing away[src]
Kitaoka was the only Rider to voluntarily give up the fight rather than be killed, realizing that while his life was a short life, it was a good one. While he died in peace at his home, Goro went to fight against Ouja in his place as Zolda; Goro, not used to Zolda's long-range style, died with Asakura learning too late that he is denied taking Kitaoka's life himself. After Kanzaki restored time to its proper course after Yui's death, Kitaoka and Goro were both given a second chance at life, though it was never revealed if Kitaoka still has cancer or not. Although in Rider Time: Ryuki, it is implied by Goro that Kitaoka still has cancer and eventually passed away, hence why Goro becoming Zolda in place of Kitaoka.
Post Series and other events
Hyper Battle Video - Ryuki vs Agito
Zolda, Knight and Ouja fighting the rest back. They apologize for being late; when Ryuki accuses Ouja of being a villain, they all claim that as Kamen Riders they are the protectors of humanity, all completely out of character. They rush in to keep fighting the Monsters as Ryuki stands in confusion, but he eventually joins in.
As they fight the monsters down, explosions knock them all back, and the mysterious figure appears, named by Knight as Kamen Rider Agito, and by Zolda as the ruler of the "Miracle World". Burning Agito attacks them with fire before a gold figure jumps in, introducing himself as the real Kamen Rider Agito, saying Burning Form is a Miracle World illusion. The five Riders strike a pose and rush forward to fight the Fake Agito and his Mirror Monsters. the real Agito appears in Ground Form and teams up with Kamen Rider Ryuki, who imitates Agito's Rider Kick to destroy the imposter. In the end, this is revealed to be Shinji's dream.
Kamen Rider Zolda appears with other Kamen Riders commanded by Wataru Kurenai, but all are murdered by Decade in the episode 1 of Kamen Rider Decade in the dream of Natsumi Hikari and then concluded the dream with Decade as only Rider in the Rider War.
The Destroyer of Worlds
In the special version of episode 31, Kamen Rider Zolda is seen on top of ZeroLiner, using his Final Vent against Decade's Final Attack Ride. They were presumably restored after the destruction (and subsequent revival) of Decade ended the Rider War and the worlds were restored.
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
Kamen Rider Zolda was part of a group of reinforcement riders led by Akira Date/Kamen Rider Birth to aid the primary riders in defeating the Rock Great Leader. All the Kamen Riders got on their bikes and performed the All Rider Break attack which destroyed the Great Leader.
He, along with Kamen Rider Knight, Kamen Rider Black, Kamen Rider G3, Kamen Rider Hibiki and Kamen Rider Gatack were the Kamen Rider team to be defeated by the hands of Gokai Red. It's unknown if he reappeared or not during the final battle.
Chou Super Hero Taisen
An iteration of Shuichi Kitaoka/Kamen Rider Zolda was selected to join Team Ex-Aid, formed and led by Emu Hojo to fight for the title of Kamen Sentai Gorider in the Chou Super Hero Taisen tournament. Facing the Dairangers in the first round, Zolda bested HououRanger. Ultimately, Team Ex-Aid faced off against Team Genm, led by Kamen Rider Genm Zombie Gamer Level X, in the final round. Zolda engaged and defeated Kamen Rider Ryugen, with the team prevailing as Ex-Aid bested Genm. Upon completing the tournament, Zolda became Mido-Rider, as Team Ex-Aid were granted the form of Kamen Sentai Gorider, allowing them to use the Rider Hurricane together to destroy the Andor Genesis mothership. Their objective achieved, Momotaros and the other Game World teammates returned to their card forms and left while Emu's Aka-Rider transformation reverted to Robot Action Gamer Level 3 as he was left to face the Chou Shocker Taisen.
During the final battle against the Shocker army from the Game World, Kamen Rider Brave, who had acquired the cards from his Game World counterpart, summoned Ex-Aid's teammates again to back him up in his fight against the Oogumo Great Leader. Unfortunately, the quartet did not last long before being defeated, however, Ex-Aid would ultimately vanquish Shocker Leader III alongside the Kyurangers.
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER
Kamen Rider Zolda appears as a toy, when Sento Kiryu and Sougo Tokiwa they find Ataru Hisanagahe brings them to his room which is filled with Kamen Rider memorabilia, with Sougo and Sento stunned to see toys of themselves. Ataru reveals that Kamen Riders are fictional.
Rider Time Ryuki
- "You..I remenber you were a Kitaoka's lackey"
- ―Takeshi Asakura Works to Goro as Zolda[src]
Kitaoka is mentioned, when Asakura account that was Kitaoka's enemy. He thought that Kitaoka may "turn in his grave" should he know Goro was his servant. Asakura admitted he had never actually hated Kitaoka, but it was Kitaoka who hated him. He then remarked that "Hatred is a thing that you can trust".
Alive A Life
- "I will fulfill the last will of master Kitaoka"
- ―Goro works before transforming to Zolda[src]
Appearances in other media
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders: ~Let's Look! Only Your 48 Riders~
Type28. - Quietly Listen! Unlabeled Kamen Rider!
Kamen Rider Zolda appears with Dark Kiva ,Armed Hibiki OOO TakaUta combo according to Sieg
Dark Kiva is considered a ideal husband.
10th Anniversary Project: Masked Rider LIVE & SHOW
Kamen Rider Zolda appears summoned alongside other secondary Kamen Rider Riders participating in the musically of Kamen Rider Diend with hats and dancing.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Ryuki (Video Game)
Kamen Rider Zolda appears as playable character in the PS1 game, like that the others Ryuki Riders also he summons his Contract mosnter Magnugiga and using is Advent cards and his finisher End Of World.
Climax Heroes Series
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO
Kamen Rider Zolda appears in the video game with the others Kamen Riders of the Heisei Era,in Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO.
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze
Kamen Rider Zolda in the video game with the others Kamen Riders of the Heisei Era,in Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze.
Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes
Kamen Rider Zolda is an playable character with the other Kamen Riders in Super Climax Heroes.
Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
Kamen Rider Zolda appears as a playable character in this video game Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride.
Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing
Kamen Rider Zolda is a playabled character in Kamen Rider Battle Ganbarizing,Zolda is able tu use his Final Vent in the Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing.
Kamen Rider Riderbout
Kamen Rider Zolda appears as a playable character with the other Heisei and Showa kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Riderbout.
Kamen Rider Break Joker
Kamen Rider Zolda as a playable character with other Riders and monsters in Kamen Rider Break Joker.
Kamen Rider Batton-Line
Kamen Rider Zolda appears as a playable character in Kamen Rider Batton-Line among other
Riders in the game.
Kamen Rider Battle Rush
Kamen Rider Zolda appears as a playable and support character in the video game Kamen Rider Battle Rush using End Of World.
Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes
Kamen Rider Zolda appears as a playable character with others Kamen Riders in the video game, performer his End Of World against his enemies Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes.
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Kamen Rider Zolda is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Other Game appearances
Kamen Rider Zolda appears with other Kamen Riders and Monsters in Battle Spirits.
Shuichi is flamboyant, playful, cunning, and clever. He often flirts with reporter Reiko Momoi, much to her annoyance. As a lawyer, he helped many people escape their prison sentences, though actually never caring for their moralities and as such is only interested in both the money and his vanity. If it benefits him, he is not afraid to deceit others, which was shown when he falsely recoreded Shinji's desires as evidence to get him to stay in prison, and in his numerous battles with Asakura. He also believes that fighting for others is a sign of weakness, often lashing out on Shinji and Ren for their desires in saving lives. One can easliy brush off Shuichi as a bad person, though it is shown many times that he is not as bad as he seems, which was once shown when he paid for the medical expenses of a little girl's mother. Despite his many questionable means in winning the Rider Battle, he only does so to cure himself from his own sickness, as he fears the pain that he experiences. As time passed, Shuichi had finally let go of his outlandish personality, realizing that his wish for eternal life was only a lie, and that he wanted only to live without pain, much to the pleasure of his servant Goro. As such, he used what little time he had left to do actual good. He used his deceit to fool Reiko away from the truth of the Mirror World for her own safety, he lectured the deranged Satoru on his wrongful path in becoming a 'hero', he warns Ren on Shinji's concerning mental health, and when it finally came down to four riders, he refuses to fight.
In his final moments, he sees now the value of others, now realizing that Ren was right about Shinji being the better man. He also shows regret, lamenting for allowing Asakura to become a Kamen Rider and for not being able to spend more time with Reiko.
Shuichi is an expert on long-range battles. His personality and intellect are perfect to use Zolda's power to perform heavy damage from a long distance. Shuichi always calculates the best use of his vent card to attack his target so that the explosive effect will not injure him, as revealed when he canceled his Final Vent because it caused great collateral damage when his opponent outsmarted his move by going closer to him.
- Punching Power: 15 t.[note 1]
- Kicking Power: 15 t.[note 1]
- Resistance: 150 t. with Gigaarmor[note 2][note 3]
- Maximum Jump Height: 15 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 7 sec.
- Giga Horn: 100 t.[note 4]
- Gigalauncher: 100 t.[note 4]
- Gigacannon: 150 t.[note 5]
- End Of World: 350 t.[note 6]
- Advent: Magnugiga: 300 t.[note 7]
Kitaoka can transform into Kamen Rider Zolda using his Advent Deck and V Buckle upon forming a contract with Magnugiga. His Visor, the Magnuvisor (マグナバイザー Maguna Baizā), is a submachine gun that also functions as his personal weapon. Zolda's punching power and kicking power are equal and of decent strength, but his jump height and running speed are the lowest among all of the 13 Riders. To compensate for his lack of agility, Zolda employs an exclusively long-ranged fighting style.
Zolda possesses two different Shoot Vent Advent Cards. The first arms him with the Gigacannon (ギガキャノン Giga Kyanon), a pair of cannons derived from Magnugiga's legs which mount on Zolda's back and fire over his shoulders. The second Shoot Vent arms Zolda with the Gigalauncher (ギガランチャー Giga Ranchā), a massive missile launcher derived from Magnugiga's arms combined together. His Guard Vent equips him with the Gigaarmor (ギガアーマー Giga Aāmā), a shield derived from Magnugiga's torso which can also be used as a mount for the Gigalauncher.
By using his Final Vent, Zolda can execute his finisher, the End Of World (エンドオブワールド Endo Obu Wārudo), in which Magnugiga appears in front of Zolda and he inserts the Magnuvisor into its back. Magnugiga then deploys all of its weapons, which Zolda fires all at once by pulling the trigger of the Magnuvisor. The resulting barrage destroys both the target and the surrounding environment.
Appearances: Ryuki Episodes 6-10, 13, 19, 22-30,Ryuki vs Kamen Rider Agito ,32, 34-35, 40-43, 45-46,Decade Episodes 1.31 (Special Version), Masked Rider LIVE & SHOW,Let's Go Kamen Riders,Super Hero Taisen,Chou Super Hero Taisen, Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER (as a toy).
- ―Mido-Rider's role call[src]
- Enemy Sensor: 3 km.
- Punching Power: 55 t.
- Kicking Power: 65 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 45 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 3 sec.
Mido-Rider (ミドライダー Midoraidā) is the Green hero of the hybrid Kamen Rider/Super Sentai team Kamen Sentai Gorider. Zolda was granted this form when Team Ex-Aid prevailed in the Game World's Chou Super Hero Taisen tournament. Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Chou Super Hero Taisen
Mido-Rider is composed of the following parts:
- Super Antenna Antennae (超触角アンテナ Chō Shokkaku Antena) - The antennae. They can intercept communications by capturing radio waves within a 5km radius. They can contact the other Goriders or allies.
- C Eye (C・アイ C Ai) - The compound eyes. In detects heat sources and body reactions, and utilises this information to target enemies that move at high speed.
- O-Signal (O・シグナル O Shigunaru) - A small device embedded on the forehead. Notifies Aka-Rider of any enemies within a 3km radius.
- Crusher (クラッシャー Kurasshā) - The mouthplate. It can actually open up and bite down on an enemy. The fangs are extremely sharp and can easily chew through sturdy steel. The ability to open and close the Crusher has not been seen in any current media.
- Protective Clothing (防護服 Bōgo-fuku) - The entire bodysuit. It is made of special chemical fibres that can absorb shocks.
- Gorider Mantle (ゴライダーマント Goraidā Manto) - The collar-cape section. The Gorider Mantle's surface is explosion proof, reducing damage taken from behind (most likely to shield Mido-Rider from explosions that occur during introductory scenes).
- Converter Lung (コンバーターラング Konbātā Rangu) - The red chest armor. It is both flexible and durable. It takes in surrounding heat and wind energy, converting them into energy to power Mido-Rider.
- Power Amplification Gloves (パワー増幅グローブ Pawā Zōfuku Gurōbu) - The gloves. They enhances the wearer's punches via electrical stimulation.
- Power Amplification Boots (パワー増幅ブーツ Pawā Zōfuku Būtsu) - The boots. They enhance the wearer's kicks via electrical stimulation.
- Typhoon (タイフーン Taifūn) - Mido-Rider's transformation belt. By spinning the windmill device within the centre via wind energy, energy is produced, allowing transformation and deathblows.
- Energy Converter (エナージコンバーター Enāji Konbātā) - Two silver devices located on either side of the Typhoon. They store energy produced by Mido-Rider.
This form is exclusive to Chou Super Hero Taisen
- Main article: Magnugiga
- Advent Deck - Transformation device and Advent Card holder
- V Buckle - Transformation belt
- Advent Cards - Trinkets that enable a Rider to summon Contract Monsters, access equipment, and use special abilities
- Magnuvisor - Zolda's Visor and personal weapon that enables him to use Advent Cards
- Typhoon - MidoRider's transformation belt
- Rideshooter - Motorcycle used by any Rider to enter the Mirror World
- GokaiGalleon - MidoRider's Mecha
- "(Digital beeping) Zolda!"
- ―Activation announcement[src]
- "Simultaneous Shooting! The green Rider fighting with various heavy weapons is...Zolda! (一斉射撃！様々な重火器で戦う緑のライダーは…ゾルダだ！ Issei Shageki! Samazamana jūkaki de tatakau midori no Raidā wa...Zoruda da!)"
- ―Secondary activation announcement[src]
- "Finish Time! Final Time (Break/Burst)!"
- ―Finisher announcement in left-hand slot[src]
Behind the scenes
- Mido-Rider's design is a hybrid based on Midorenger of the Gorengers and Kamen Rider New 2.
- As the green, Mido-Rider's helmet shares the same shade of green as those of the Double Riders' iconic costumes.
- His name is derived from the German, French or Russian word, "soldat (Солдат)" meaning "soldier" or "mercenary".
- Like the other Mirror World Riders, Shuichi died an ironic death: his illness was part of the reason why he became a Kamen Rider, but in the end, his illness ended up forcing him to give up being a Rider as well, and he eventually died.
- He is the only Kamen Rider in the series that was not killed by another rider or received fatal injuries: he died because of his illness in the main series and gave up being a Rider in the movie.
- Zolda along with Ryuki and Knight, do not wear a black suit. Instead with their respective colors: green for Zolda, red for Ryuki, and dark blue for Knight.
- However, his Advent Deck is green, being his own color much like other black suit riders.
- Shuichi Kitaoka shares some similarities with Yuto Sakurai.
- In the promotional poster of Kamen Rider Zi-O: Over Quartzer, Zolda among other Kamen Riders is seen in the background of the movie poster but they didn't show up in the actual movie.
In other media
- Zolda's V Buckle and Visor toy were used in one chapter of the World God Only Knows in the Swimming Girl Arc.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 300 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- ↑ 3000 GP, conversion: 1 GP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- ↑ 50 t. with Giga Tector, 1000 GP, conversion: 1 GP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 2000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- ↑ 3000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- ↑ 7000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- ↑ 6000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- Chance - counterpart in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. See comparison page. (Ventara)
- Drew Lansing - counterpart in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. See comparison page. (Earth)
- Kamen Rider Zolda (A.R. World) - The user of the Kamen Rider Zolda powers in Kamen Rider Decade.