|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Decade.|
Kamen Rider Decade
World of Agito
He is a young man who supports the police, originally the user of the G3-System that was designed to fight the Gurongi. However, he mysteriously metamorphed into Kamen Rider Exceed Gills, a larval form of Agito. Hunted by the Lords for his incomplete power, Shoichi left the G3 unit without explaining his reasons, the isolation he placed on himself making him antisocial. However, the real reason is actually because he doesn't want his presence endangering Toko. The pain of the changes inside his body worsen whenever he senses the presence of nearby Lords attacking humans.
Possessing a year-old letter for him from Toko, Tsukasa and Natsumi arrive to his long dilapidated home to give him his letter, only for them to be followed by a Formica Pedes. Amazed at Decade's power, he rips the letter Tsukasa gives him and tells him to stay away from him as they are nearly killed by an attack from the Buffalo Lord Taurus Ballista. After reading the letter, Tsukasa finds Shoichi and offers to protect him from the Lords. This however, enrages Shoichi as he becomes Gills with Tsukasa restraining him before he runs off to where a pair of Pedes are fighting Yusuke and Diend.
After killing the monsters, Gills is targeted by Diend until Decade arrives to protect him. However, Gills takes the Decadriver as he runs off when Ballista himself appears with his Ant Lord minions. Though he refuses Tsukasa's aid, it takes Yusuke's interference to help Shoichi realize Toko knew why he ran off and loves him enough to protect him by creating the G3-X Suit. This revelation allows Shoichi to complete his evolution into Agito, supporting Decade and G3-X in defeating the Unknown. Soon after, Shoichi returns to the police force to support them as Agito.
When Tsukasa goes into the World of the Rider War, the only "Rider Worlds" remaining are of Blade's, Kiva's and Hibiki's. It is revealed that Agito's world has vanished like the other worlds.
Movie Wars 2010
During Movie War 2010 events, he is revived after Decade's death and helps revive Decade. He later appears to help in the final battle with Super Shocker, transforming into Shining Form as a result of Decade's K-Touch and later into his Agito Tornador form with the All Rider Final Form Ride Card to fight the Super Crisis Fortress.
Movie War 2010 currently remains the last appearance of Shoichi Ashikawa. The Agito, G3, and Gills that appears in OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders and Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen is the original Agito, Shoichi Tsugami, the main G3 user, Makoto Hikawa and the original Gills, Ryo Ashihara
Shoichi also possesses some of the same equipment used within the original Agito, such as the Altering (オルタリング Oruta Ringu) transformation belt, which holds the "Power of Agito" that serves as the source of his power. Kamen Rider Decade's Final Form Ride allows him as Agito to change into Agito Tornador (アギトトルネイダー Agito Toruneidā), a hoverboard similar to the Machine Tornador in Slider Mode.
Before he assumed the title Agito, he previously assumed the title Kamen Rider Exceed Gills (on his first appearance) and Kamen Rider G3 (as shown in Kamen Rider Decade episode 13)
- Rider Height: 192 cm
- Rider Weight: 150 kg
- Eyesight: 5 km
- Hearing: 5 km
- Punching Power: 1 t
- Lifting Power: 20 t with GA-04 Antoures
- Kicking Power: 3 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 10 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 10 seconds
- Defense: 8
The Generation-3 System was developed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department's Squad Against Unidentified Lifeforms division. SAUL had received funding from the city government to develop a reinforced exo-suit to combat the Gurongi, which were known to the police as Unindetified Lifeforms. Their design was based on Kuuga, who was thought to be the fourth Unidentified Lifeform to appear. However, because the Gurongi were eliminated before its completion, research on the project was postponed indefinitely. By this time, the data acquired from the first two phases of the project had been implemented into the Generation-3 System, which was entering its final phase of development and ready for deployment. With the emergence of the Lords, the police's G3 unit was commissioned to contend with the threat.
Despite using advanced technology, G3 is vastly outclassed by the Lords and those that possess the power of Agito.
G3 is equipped with conventional ballistic weapons. His primary armament is the GM-01 Scorpion, which is holstered on his right hip. The Scorpion can be augmented with the GG-02 Salamander grenade launcher, which serves as G3's main method of destroying Lords. For close combat, he can equip the GS-03 Destroyer on his left arm. The Guardacceler, which is used to access the Guard Chaser or can function as a backup weapon, is stored on the left thigh.This form is exclusive to Decade Episode 13
- Rider Height: 200 cm
- Rider Weight: 100 kg
- Eyesight: 30 km
- Hearing: 30 km
- Punching Power: 15 t
- Kicking Power: 30 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 65 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 4.2 seconds
- Defense: 7
- Exceed Heel Claw: 40 t
- Gills Stingers: 50 t
Gills evolved into Exceed Gills upon receiving Koji Majima's Agito power. Like Agito, the Wiseman's Monolith is now present on his chest. In this form, all of Gills' stats are enhanced, putting him on par with Another Agito.
Gills is now able to extend clawed tentacles called the Gills Stingers from behind his shoulders. His Gills Heel Claws have also been upgraded in order to unleash the new Exceed Heel Claw finisher attack. .
Kamen Rider Exceed Gills has the following parts:
- Demon Eyes (デモンアイズ Demon Aizu) - The vision is sharp enough to identify a signboard that's 30km away and sees through steel walls. Gills can see in the dark as if it was daytime.
- Gills Antler (ギルスアントラー Girusu Antorā) - Sensory organs that control vision, smell and hearing. The center part of the antler has extended.
- GillSwarm (ギルスワーム GiruSuwāmu) - A biological armor created by the Wiseman Monolith. It is also an organ that produces the “Gills Stinger”.
- Gills Stinger (ギルススティンガー Girusu Sutingā) - Large tentacles stored on the back that is used to attack enemies.
- Wiseman's Monolith (ワイズマンモノリス Waizuman Monorisu) - A stone located at the center of the armor. It efficiently supplies and circulates the “force” generated by the Meta Factor.
- Gills Shoulder Claw (ギルスショルダークロウ Girusu Shorudā Kurou) - Claws generated by surplus energy when becoming Kamen Rider Exceed Gills. Sharp and pointed, they are ready to be used for combat.
- Gills Arm Claw (ギルスアームクロウ Girusu Āmu Kurou) - Like the Gills Shoulder Claw, the claw is produced by surplus energy. It boasts a sharp edge.
- Gills Claw (ギルスクロウ Girusu Kurou) - Long red claws on Gills's arms. They have turned red when accessing this form.
- Gills Knee Claw (ギルスニークロウ Girusu Nī Kurou) - Like the Gills Shoulder Claw, the claw is produced by surplus energy. Gills can cut the enemy with a knee kick.
- Power Red Anklet (パワーレッドアンクレット Pawā Reddo Ankuretto) - Like Kamen Rider Gills's Power Gold Anklet, the power from the “Philosopher's Stone” is sent to the Live Legs.
- Gills Heel Claw (ギルスヒールクロウ Girusu Hīru Kurou) - A claw used when executing the "Exceed Heel Claw" finisher. They had been lengthened and turned red when accessing this form.
This form's finisher is the Exceed Heel Claw (エクシードヒールクロウ Ekushīdo Girusu Hīru Kurō): Exceed Gills delivers a Spinning Heel Kick to finish off first enemy in front of him, he then destroys the second enemy with overhead heel drop.Appearances: Decade Episodes 12-13.
- Rider Height: 195 cm
- Rider Weight: 95 kg
- Eyesight: 10 km
- Hearing: 10 km
- Punching Power: 7 t
- Kicking Power: 15 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 30 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 5 seconds
- Defense: 6
- Rider Punch: 15 t
- Rider Kick: 30 t
- Rider Brake: 50 t
- Double Rider Kick: 350 t (with Ryuki)[note 1]
Ground Form (グランドフォーム Gurando Fōmu) is Agito's standard form. Unarmed in this form, Agito uses crushing blows and physical techniques to fight his opponents. Ground Form is the most balanced of Agito's forms Kamen Rider Agito has the following parts:
- Head (頭部 Tōbu) - The helmet.
- Conpound Eyes (コンパウンドアイズ Konpaundo Aizu) - It has a field of view of 200 degrees up and down and 225 degrees left and right. It can also detect human faces from 10km away. In addition to being able to see through a 5m thick steel wall, it also has a starlight mode (スターライトモード sutāraito mōdo) that emits light to illuminate dark areas.
- Cross Horn (クロスホーン Kurosu Hōn) - The golden horn. It is a sensory organ that control vision, smell and hearing. It also releases excess energy to prevent accidental self-destruction. It opens up when executing the rider kick finishing attack.
- Master's Orb (マスターズ・オーヴ Masutāzu Ōvu) - A stone composed of almost the same material as the “Philosopher's Stone”. Located between the Cross Horn. It allows Agito to remotely communicate with the Machine Tornador.
- Enhanced Ear (エンハンスドイヤー Enhansudo Iyā) - Audio devices located to the sides of the head. They boast a sensitivity several tens of times higher than normal human hearing and the sensitivity is adjusted for high volume sounds.
- Crusher (クラッシャー Kurasshā) - The 'mouth area'. A phantom sound is emitted from between the armor plates, resulting in sharp fangs that cut through the steel.
- Hard Shell Helm (ハードシェルヘルム Hādo Sheru Herumu) - Overall 'head armor', and the sturdiest part of the body. It protects the brain from any shock.
- Wiseman Monolith (ワイズマンモノリス Waizuman Monorisu) - A stone located at the center of the armor/chest. It is a symbol of Kamen Rider Agito and efficiently supplies and circulates the “force” generated by the Altering.
- Power Shell Armor (パワーシェルアーマー Pawā Sheru Āmā) - The 'chestplate'. It is a reinforced exoskeleton with 5 times the hardness of the Armored Skin. In addition, the golden parts of the chest and abdomen are called Gold Chest (ゴールドチェスト Gōrudo Chesuto), where the whole body's strengthening muscles are evenly distributed.
- Armored Skin (アーマードスキン Āmādo Sukin) - The 'bodysuit'. It is armored skin that wraps around the whole body. It has both flexible elasticity and diamond-like hardness.
- Shoulder Arms Shield (ショルダーアームズシールド Shorudā Āmuzu Shīrudo) - Armor protecting the shoulders. It can also be used as a sharp blade, and is effective for a shoulder tackle (ショルダータックル shorudā takkuru) attack.
- Arm Block Shield (アームブロックシールド Āmu Burokku Shīrudo) - The forearm armor that protects Agito's arms when fighting against enemies. Its hardness is 10 times harder than that of Armored Skin.
- Hammer Shell Grab (ハンマーシェルグラブ Hanmā Sheru Gurabu) - The hands. It is a strengthened skeleton that protects the fist. Agito concentrates power to his fists when releasing a punch.
- Knee Armored Shell (ニーアーマードシェル Nī Āmādo Sheru) - The knees. The shock received at the feet is released outside the body.
- Shock Silver (ショックシルバー Shokku Shirubā) - The silver parts on the legs. It sends the impact absorbed by the Fair Anklet to the Knee Armored Shell.
- Fair Anklet (フェア・アンクレット Fea Ankuretto) - The golden ankle armor. It is a reinforced exoskeleton that absorbs received energy and protects the ankle joint.
- Toe Armor (トゥアーマー To~u Āmā) - The feet. It is armored skin that has a double layer structure. It is super hard as it is a part that releases tremendous energy during Rider Kick (ライダーキック Raidā Kikku) attacks.
When Agito's power reaches its peak, the Cross Horns (クロスホーン Kurosu Hōn) crest on his head open, pushing all of Agito's capabilities to their fullest. Agito is then able to perform a variety of finishing techniques.
- Rider Kick (ライダーキック Raidā Kikku): By channeling power into his legs, Agito is able to execute a jumping kick of incredible raw power.
- Rider Height: 195 cm
- Rider Weight: 95 kg
- Eyesight: 35 km
- Hearing: 35 km
- Punching Power: 15 t
- Kicking Power: 45 t[note 2]
- Maximum Jump Height: 75 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 4 seconds
- Defense: 10
Shining Form (シャイニングフォーム Shainingu Fōmu) is Agito's final form, awoken when Agito mastered the power of Burning Form and saw the light of the sun. Although Shining Form's punching power is decreased compared to Burning Form, all of Agito's other stats are heightened, making Shining Form Agito's most powerful form.
Like Burning Form, Shining Form equips Agito with Shining Caliber. However, he wields it in its Twin Mode (ツインモード Tsuin Mōdo), separating it into a pair of twin swords.
Shining form has the following parts:
- Conpound Eyes (コンパウンドアイズ Konpaundo Aizu) - Agito Has 3.5 times the visual acuity of Ground Form and can identify a human face standing 35km away.
- Cross Horn (クロスホーン Kurosu Hōn) - The function is the same as Agito Ground Form, but it is always opened and demonstrates Agito's full power.
- Enhanced Ear (エンハンスドイヤー Enhansudo Iyā) - Boasts a hearing ability to hear whispering voices 35km away.
- Power Shell Armor (パワーシェルアーマー Pawā Sheru Āmā) - Silver armor covering the chest. It receives the power supplied from the Wiseman Monolith and evenly distributes it throughout the body to strengthen the muscles.
- Wiseman's Monolith (ワイズマンモノリス Waizuman Monorisu) - The "force" generated from the Altering is supplied and circulated throughout the body. The monolith changes from black to yellow, and a symbol emerges on the stone.
- Arm Block Shield (アームブロックシールド Āmu Burokku Shīrudo) - Armor made of three armor plates. In addition to protecting the lower arm, it can also be used as a small shield.
- Hammer Shell Grab (ハンマーシェルグラブ Hanmā Sheru Gurabu) - Power is around 15 tons, more than double compared to Agito Ground Form.
Shining Form's finisher is the Shining Rider Punch (シャイニングラライダーパンチ Shainingu Raidā Panchi): Agito delievers a haymaker punch that covered in white flash energy.This form is exclusive to W & Decade: Movie War 2010.
- "Final Form Ride: A A A Agito!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Length: 390 cm
- Width: 111 cm
- Height: 31 cm
- Maximum Flying Speed: 100 m per 0.5 seconds[note 3]
In Kamen Rider Decade, Decade used the Final Form Ride that allow transforms Agito Ground Form into the Agito Tornador (アギトトルネイダー Agito Toruneidā), a hover-board similar to the Machine Tornador in Slider Mode.On the Agito Tornador, Decade executes Final AttackRide slash attack with the Ride Booker in Sword Mode called the Decade Tornado (ディケイドトルネード Dikeido Torunēdo), which is similar to Agito Flame Form's Saber Brake Slash.
- Power of Agito - Main power source for Agito's gear
- Meta Factor: Transformation belt
- Altering: Transformation device
- Wiseman's Monolith: A relic of unknown purpose, fitted onto Agito's breastplate.
- GM-01 Scorpion: A modular magnum pistol, stored on right hip, hand-carried in use. Compatible with the GG-02 Salamander module attachment
Behind the scenes
Shoichi Ashikawa is portrayed by So Yamanaka (山中 聡 Yamanaka Sō), previously Kamen Rider Kirameki in Kamen Rider Hibiki & The Seven Senki and who would later portray Yosuke Sakurada in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters. As Kamen Rider G3, Kamen Rider Exceed Gills, and Kamen Rider Agito, his suit actor is Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun).
- Shoichi Ashikawa (芦河 ショウイチ Ashikawa Shōichi) is a composite of the three main characters in the Kamen Rider Agito series, with his name being a portmanteau of all three characters' names: Shoichi Tsugami (津上 翔一 Tsugami Shōichi) (Agito), Ryō Ashihara (葦原 涼 Ashihara Ryō) (Gills) and Makoto Hikawa (氷川誠 Hikawa Makoto) (G3).
- This is played further as he donned the G3 suit and assumed the form of Exceed Gills before becoming Agito.
- Ashikawa Shoichi is notably the only A.R World Rider to be based on 3 Kamen Riders.
- Although he appears as Exceed Gills in the TV show, Shoichi was only ever referred to as Gills. Although the Gills suit was planned to be used, it had been improperly stored and degraded beyond use, leaving only the Exceed Gills suit usable.
- Kamen Rider Decade
- Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider W & Decade: Movie War 2010
- Kamen Rider Decade: Final Chapter
- Movie War 2010
- TV Asahi. (2001). Kamen Rider G3.
- Kamen Rider Official Data/Perfect File.
- TV Asahi. (2001). Kamen Rider Gills.
- TV Asahi. (2001). Kamen Rider Agito Ground Form.
- Advent Card: EX-012.
- Shogakukan. (2002). Masked Rider Agito: Complete Works. Second Volume. p. 13-17. ISBN 978-4091014795
- Kodansha. (2015). Kamen Rider Official Mook. Heisei Vol. 02. p. 8-9. ISBN 978-4063535525.
- MediaWorks. (2002). Masked Rider Agito: Hybrid File. p. 64-65, 67. ISBN 978-4840221719.
- Hobby Japan. (2007). S.I.C. Official Diorama Story: S.I.C. Hero Saga. Vol. 2. p. 34. ISBN 978-4894256309.
- Toei. (2019). Agito Tornador.
- Shoichi Ashikawa in Kamen Rider Official Website.
- Kamen Rider Agito in Kamen Rider Official Website.
- Kamen Rider Exceed Gills in Kamen Rider Official Website.
- Kamen Rider G3 in Kamen Rider Official Website.