|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider, the original series.|
- "Shocker Rider! Number 5!"
- ―Roll call[src]
Shocker Rider No.5 (ショッカーライダー No. 5 Shokkā Raidā Nanbā Faibu, 93 & 94) was the fifth member of Shocker Riders, a division of Kamen Riders made by Gelshocker. He wears yellow boots and gloves while having a purple scarf to differentiate his appearance from his teammates.
Shocker Rider No.5 appears alongside Shocker Riders No.1, No.2, No.3, No.4, and No.6, ambushing the Double Riders and their allies. Hongo and Ichimonji respectively transform into Kamen Riders 1 and 2 and prepare for the battle.
In addition to the Shocker Riders, more Gelshocker Combatants appear, and the Shocker Riders show their own unique abilities, like a micro-missile barrage. While the fight goes on, Tobei acts and rescues the hostages. Seiichiro Kogure returns and uses a gas weapon to allow the Riders to escape. Nonetheless, the Gelshocker's true plan succeeded with the Double Riders and their allies, the Anti-Shocker Alliance members held in a trap. Kogure reappears, holding Chie Ishigami as a hostage, and reveals the real Kogure is dead, and he's actually Slugshroom. Taki rescues Chie and the Riders start their counterattack. The 2 Riders are surrounded by the Shocker Riders, and, although they can beat them individually, as a group the Shocker Riders still are stronger. However, they use the Rider Wheel - running in circles and jumping to create a destructive force that pushed the Shocker Riders against each other, exploding them.
In other media
The reboot version of Shocker Riders has appeared in the reboot movie Kamen Rider The Next.
- Punching Power: 60 t[note 1]
- Lifting Power: 5 t[note 1]
- Kicking Power: 90 t[note 1]
- Maximum Jump Height: 20 m[note 1]
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 1.5 seconds[note 1]
Like most Shocker Riders, Shocker Rider No.5 possessed the same strength and power as Kamen Rider 1. The original Kamen Rider manga gives an in-depth analysis of the entire schematics used by Rider 1, Rider 2, and the manga Shocker Riders. Among them are:
- Ultrasensitive Antenna: Sense the presence of enemies and incoming attacks
- Cat's Eye: Allows infrared night vision
- Signal O: A brainwave transmission device that can detect other cyborgs
- Crusher: The faceplate that can break chains
- Artificial Lungs: Can recycle oxygen for two hours
- Pulmonary Converter: Catches wind power to convert it to energy, also acts as a radiator
- Power Converter: Capsules on the belt that store energy
- Typhoon: Transformation belt which is an anemometer which measures the Rider's energy
- Artificial Muscle: Gives the Rider the strength to jump like a giant grasshopper
- Jump Shoes: The soles are elastic-like springs
- Voice Mimicry: Shocker Riders can disguise their voices to match that of Rider 1
- Micro Missile Launcher - Hidden missile launchers in fingers that can fire small missiles
- Typhoon - Transformation belt
- Retractable Blades - Hidden blades underneath his boots that can be removed as handheld daggers. So far, only No, 1 demonstrates this through all Shocker Riders were likely to have similar aspects and traits.
Behind the scenes
Shocker Rider No.5 was portrayed by an unknown suit actor.
- If including the Shocker Riders made by the original Shocker, he is actually the 17th Shocker Rider.
- Kamen Rider
- Kamen Rider X
- Episode 27: Special Edition, Full Force of Five Riders!! (archive footage only)
- Kamen Rider 1 Through RX: Big Gathering (archive footage only)