|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider, the original series.|
|"Shocker Rider! Number 1!"|
Shocker Rider No.1 (ショッカーライダー No. 1 Shokkā Raidā Nanbā Wan, 91-94) was the first and the main leader of Shocker Riders, a division of evil Kamen Rider clones made by Gel Shocker. He wears all yellow boots, gloves, and scarves to differentiate his appearance from his teammates.
- 1 History
- 2 In other media
- 3 Video Game appearances
- 4 Profile
- 5 Equipment
- 6 Legend Rider Devices
- 7 Behind the scenes
- 8 Notes
- 9 Appearances
- 10 References
- 11 See also
|"Kamen Rider is dead along with Mukade Tiger. Gel Shocker will make full use of this chance. Go, hope of Gel Shocker!"|
The original Shocker Rider was created by Gel Shocker as part of their plan to replace the heroic Kamen Riders and ruin their name. When Takeshi Hongo seemingly sacrificed himself to destroy Mukade Tiger, General Black saw the opportunity and called forth Shocker Rider No.1.
No. 1 first start fighting Haetori Bachi, and he killed two men with an acid spit. But soon General Black interrupts them, revealing that it was just a training session for the Shocker Rider. Their goal is to eliminate the Anti-Shocker Alliance before they can join with the Rider Squad. Gel Shocker's computers detect that the Anti-Shocker Alliance have information regarding the Gel Shocker Leader's real identity, and move to destroy it. Tobei Tachibana and Kazuya Taki meet Shocker Rider No. 1, who, mimicking Takeshi Hongo's voice, refuses to give them the Anti-Shocker Alliance's data about the Gel Shocker Leader and attacks them both. However, soon the original Rider returns and steals the data. Shocker Rider No. 1 drops the voice change and fights against the original Kamen Rider. They're perfectly matched, and Shocker Rider No. 1even has his own Fake New Cyclone. However, soon Shocker Rider No. 1 reveals his own tricks, like a blade built into his leg that could be detached and wielded like a knife. Haetori Bachi reappears, and, fighting alongside Shocker Rider No. 1, easily defeats the original one, who's left hanging on rocks to avoid falling into the sea.
Rise of the Shocker Riders
|"Ha ha ha ha ha! Kamen Rider is me!"|
|―After Haetori Bachi and Rider 1 falling together in the sea[src]|
Shocker Rider No. 1 commemorates the original Riders' death, proclaiming himself the only Kamen Rider now. Shocker Rider No. 1 attempts to destroy the data about the Gel Shocker Leader, but he's stopped by Ei Dokugar. There was a change of plans, and Gel Shocker wanted the information, while they should give a false device to the Anti-Shocker Alliance that would kill them all. Taki and Tachibana approach the battle's location and receive the false suitcase, while Shocker Rider No. 1 and Ei Dokugar act like they're fighting against each other. Shocker Rider No. 1 claims that the false Rider has been destroyed when a group of Gel Shocker Combatmen appears. He tells Tachibana and Taki to take the suitcase, while he stays behind. The Gel Shocker Leader receives the Anti-Shocker Alliance data and tells General Black to analyze it to understand the scale of their organization. However, it turns out that they had obtained false data. The Gel Shocker Leader decides that the Anti-Shocker Alliance must be immediately destroyed. Shocker Rider No. 1, mimicking Hongo's voice, returns to the Anti-Shocker Alliance base and warns them about the bomb in the device they had received. He tells them to leave the base and activates the bomb, although it does no damage to himself. Hayato Ichimonji arrives with the real data, but Shocker Rider No. 1 insists on getting it. Hayato wonders about that yellow scarf and soon he drops his guise and they fight. Hayato destroys the Fake New Cyclone, seemingly alongside Shocker Rider No. 1, and recovers the suitcase with the data. Sometime later, Shocker Rider No.1 reappeared alongside No. 2 reappear, quickly followed by four others, Shocker Riders No.3, No.4, No.5, and No.6. Hongo and Ichimonji respectively transform into Double Riders 1 and 2 and prepare for battle.
Fall of the Shocker Riders
In addition to the Shocker Riders, more Combatmen appear, and the Shocker Riders show their own unique abilities, like a micro-missile barrage. While the fight goes on, Tachibana acts and rescues the hostages. Seiichiro Kogure returns and uses a gas weapon to allow the Riders to escape. Nonetheless, Gel Shocker's true plan succeeded with the Double Riders and their allies, the Anti-Shocker Alliance members held in a trap. Kogure reappears, holding Chie as a hostage, and reveals the real Kogure is dead, and he's actually Namekuji Kinoko. Taki rescues Chie and the Riders start their counterattack. The 2 Riders are surrounded by the Shocker Riders, and, although they can beat them individually, as a group the Shocker Riders still are stronger. However, they use the Rider Sharin - running in circles and jumping to create a destructive force that pushed the Shocker Riders against each other, exploding them.
In other media
The reboot version of Shocker Riders has appeared in the reboot movie Kamen Rider The Next.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider video game
Shocker Rider No. 1 is an unlockable character that appears in the PlayStation Kamen Rider video game. He is unlocked by completing the Shocker Story mode. He can only be fought by the player in the "Shocker Story" and if the player successfully passes the 8th round, he also can be turned into Saikyō Kaijin (最強怪人) despite not being a monster. His attack styles are the same as the Shocker and Gel Shocker Combatmen.
All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation
Shocker Rider No.1 appears as a mini-bosses alongside other Shocker Riders in the video game All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation.
- Punching Power: 60 t[note 1]
- Lifting Power: 5 t[note 1]
- Kicking Power: 90 t[note 1]
- Maximum Jump Height: 20 m[note 1]
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 1.5 seconds[note 1]
Like most Shocker Riders, Shocker Rider No.1 possessed the same strength and power as Kamen Rider 1. The original Kamen Rider manga gives an in-depth analysis of the entire schematics used by Rider 1, Rider 2, and the manga Shocker Riders. Among them are:
- Ultrasensitive Antenna: Sense the presence of enemies and incoming attacks
- Cat's Eye: Allows infrared night vision
- Signal O: A brainwave transmission device that can detect other cyborgs
- Crusher: The faceplate that can break chains
- Artificial Lungs: Can recycle oxygen for two hours
- Pulmonary Converter: Catches wind power to convert it to energy, also acts as a radiator
- Power Converter: Capsules on the belt that store energy
- Typhoon: Transformation belt which is an anemometer which measures the Rider's energy
- Artificial Muscle: Gives the Rider the strength to jump like a giant grasshopper
- Jump Shoes: The soles are elastic-like springs.
- Voice Mimicry: Shocker Riders can disguise their voices to match that of Rider 1
- Micro Missile Launcher / Finger Missile - Hidden missile launchers in fingers that can fire small missiles
- Typhoon - Transformation belt
- Retractable Blades - Hidden blades underneath his boots that can be removed as handheld daggers.
- Flamethrower - Ability to launch streams of fire (unseen). Depicted in Kamen Rider Spirits as having its firing point hidden within the Crushers, while the game Super Tokusatsu Taisen 2001 depicts a firing port in the mouth in addition to the palms of both hand.
- Fake New Cyclone - A replica of the original New Cyclone with yellow lines between red lines. Destroyed during bike battle against Rider 2.
Legend Rider Devices
This Rider Ring which bears the likeness of Shocker Rider No.1 is exclusive to Kamen Rider Wizard's Wizard Ring toyline. When used by a Wizardriver wearer, it would be able to summon Shocker Rider No.1.
Shocker Rider Lockseed (ショッカーライダーロックシード Shokkā Raidā Rokkushīdo): Allows the user to transform into Shocker Arms. Same with Kamen Rider 1's Lockseed, the core image depicts the Typhoon while the lid backside image depicts the Shocker Rider No.1's Rider Kick gesture, only with a background color of yellow. Gaim/Kurokage/Bujin Gaim/Kamuro-styled Lockseed. It was the third and final of 3 unknown Lockseeds during the release of the Showa Rider Lockseeds.
- Transformation: Shocker Arms: Nise no Hero, Dead Go! (ショッカーアームズ・ニセのヒーロー、デッドゴー！ Shokkā Āmuzu - Nise no Hīrō, Deddo Gō!, Lit. "False Hero, Dead Go")
- Squash: Finger Missile! (指ミサイル！ Yubi Misairu!)
- Au Lait: Fake New Cyclone! (にせ新サイクロン号！ Nise Shin Saikuron-gō!)
- Sparking: Shocker Rider Kick! (ショッカーライダーキック！ Shokkā Raidā Kikku)
Behind the scenes
- He is the only Shocker Rider who uses retractable blades from his feet.
- He also the only Shocker Rider who rides a Cyclone.
- Following Double Riders 1 and 2, Shocker Rider No.1 is the third Kamen Rider ever seen on-screen, preceding both V3 and Kamen Rider 3.
- As the first of the fake Riders, Shocker Rider No.1's yellow scarf would be homaged by subsequent doppelganger/evil Riders, namely the Fake Skyrider trio (who also wore yellow boots) and the Robot Super-1. The depiction of Kamen Rider 3 in Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3 also similarly wears a golden scarf.
- In a Net Movie, Kamen Rider 2 was mistaken for Shocker Rider No. 1 because he switched his scarf with a yellow one.
- Kamen Rider
- Kamen Rider X
- Episode 27: Special Edition, Full Force of Five Riders!! (archive footage only)
- Kamen Rider 1 Through RX: Big Gathering (archive footage only)
- Kamen Rider Official Data/Perfect File.
- Calbee Kamen Rider Cards
- Equivalent to New 1