|This article is about a/an Rider in Kamen Rider Ryuki.|
Shinji Kido (城戸 真司 Kido Shinji) is a journalist trainee working for ORE Journal who finds himself drafted into the ongoing Rider War after obtaining an Advent Deck. Transforming into Kamen Rider Ryuki (仮面ライダー龍騎 Kamen Raidā Ryūki, lit. "Dragon Knight"), he fights to stop the Riders from killing each other and protect people from the Mirror Monsters.
Shinji Kido is a good hearted, friendly, but naive idealist who saw the Rider War as just meaningless chaos. He is willing to go to great lengths to prevent the Riders from killing each other. Even when facing a villainous Rider, Shinji hopes for them to to continue living, and feels genuine sadness if they were to die. Being one of the few noble participants in the Rider War, Shinji shows great reluctance to end another person's life, stating that doing so would mean the end for him. This is to the extent of becoming near suicidal when he was tricked into thinking he had killed Gorou, as well as shedding tears when he found that Gorou was alive all along. Although he is essentially a kind man at heart, Shinji's naivety has, on many occasions, resulted in his being manipulated by other people. This trait is considered by other Riders as a "trademark" feature of Shinji, as he is almost always so gullible that almost anyone can take advantage of him. This trait is still present in Rider Time: Ryuki.
Unknowingly, Shinji's words and actions had left a profound effect on other participants of the Rider War, with some even questioning their actions. Both Ren and Kitaoka have admitted that Shinji may be a better person than they are, due to witnessing his selflessness. Tezuka, a fellow noble Kamen Rider in the Rider War, was convinced to sacrifice himself to save Shinji, feeling that he had a better chance of stopping the Rider War. Dragreder, initially one of the most vicious Mirror Monsters, has seemingly come to respect Shinji, sometimes coming to his aid without being summoned.
Unlike most other Riders who participated in the Rider War, Shinji initially did not feel that he had any desires he wished to granted by being the victor. Thus, he often felt troubled when learning of a participant's desire, questioning if he had the right stop them from reaching their goals. Towards the end though, Shinji found that he had a desire all along; to close the Mirror World and stop the Rider War. Though Shinji did not know if this desire was morally correct, he found it to be the one thing he would wish for if he won the Rider War. This is not to say that Shinji had forsaken his oath to never murder another person, but rather that he had understood the main reason for why had been fighting all along. To protect others as Kamen Rider Ryuki.
Despite being unwilling to fight and kill people, Shinji gives his all when he fights Mirror Monsters. This is shown in him taking a deep breath before entering the Mirror World, and he often pumps his fist and shouts "Alright!" in battle. Despite not being very smart, he's capable of thinking of out-of-the box strategies for taking down Mirror Monsters, leading Tezuka to label him as "unpredictable."
In Kamen Rider Zi-O, Shinji appears to be more scared and cowardly. This is because he is paranoid about his dark counterpart - Dark Shinji/Another Ryuga. In fact, this paranoia is so great that it causes him to freak out upon seeing mirrors, or any reflective surfaces alike. He also has admitted that deep down, he is somewhat petty to a degree, holding a grudge against those who formerly read the ORE Journal, believing that it shut down because their readers did not give their full support. However, by the end of his arc, he has fully come to accept that the site shut down, and is willing to move forward.
Shinji was aiding in the New Group's investigation behind the "missing persons" crisis that had with the latest victim being Ida Megumi. While checking on the list of missing persons, Shinji finds a clue and investigates the apartment of Kōichi Sakakibara, a man who mysteriously disappeared two months ago. Upon coming across a deck of cards lying on the ground, Shinji was nearly attacked by a monster that emerged from Mirror World, Dragreder.
However, the card deck not only protected him but allowed him to sense things when he feels that Reiko is in danger, ending up in the Mirror World where he encounters another monster, Dispider. He tries to escape the monster as it overwhelms him until he is saved by Kamen Rider Knight who defeats the monster before he and Shinji are ambushed by Dragreder, with the two barely able to get back to the real world in time.
Once coming to, Shinji finds himself in the Atori Cafe where he formally meets Yui Kanzaki and Knight's human identity, Ren Akiyama, who tries to take the Ryuki deck from him with Yui explaining to him of the Mirror Monsters and that he's targeted by Dragreder. After understanding Reiko's reasons for investigating the missing person's case, only to run into Ren who is following him to get Dragreder before Yui contacts him about the reformed Dispider.
Following Ren, and seeing the daughter of a woman who was devoured by the monster, Shinji learns that he can fight once he forms a contract with a Mirror Monster. Though warned that he'll be beyond the point of return if he commits to it, Shinji uses the Contact card Yui gives him to form his pact with Dragreder, becoming Kamen Rider Ryuki to save Knight and destroy Dispider with Dragreder feeding on the monster's essence. But once the fight ends, Ryuki is suddenly attacked by Knight, who beats him until Yui indirectly interferes and threatens to leave him.
Indebted to Ren for 30,000 yen after he paid for Shinji for the glass window Yui shattered to get their attention, Shinji later runs an errand for his boss, where Shinji encounters Shiro Kanzaki, who tells him to fight the other Riders, before finding Ren while he was hunting for a Megazelle incognito. The next day, Shinji visits Yui and recognizes the picture of her brother, believing that the Vent Decks were made to protect people from the Mirror World monsters, revealing that to be his reason for becoming a Kamen Rider.
After destroying a Gigazelle, Shinji starts to question Ren's methods after seeing Darkwing scaring a girl, unaware that she was being attacked by another Gigazelle. Later, after getting kicked out of his apartment as his rent was overdue, Shinji moves into ORE temporarily, causing much inconvenience to both himself and the company.
The next day, after a tussle with Ren and seeing that he might have a reason of his own to fight, Shinji is questioned if his resolve is strong enough to take a life, with Ren reminding him of the debt and it would be a shame if he can't pay back in full if dead. After which the two defeat a Megazelle and a Gigazelle.
But the fact that Riders must fight each other worries Shinji, remembering the ring he found on Ren during their tussle. He later learns that Reiko is hospitalized while investigating an antique shop due after finding a link between it and the missing person case, meeting detective Masashi Sudo before Reiko assigns him to continue her investigation on the owner Tomoyuki Kaga. While on his way to the store, he sensed a woman attacked by the Mirror Monster Volcancer, saving the woman and fighting the monster until Scissors arrives, with Ren later showing up to even the odds as Scissors retreats.
Believing that Scissors is Kaga, Shinji attempts to reason with the Rider, leaving his calling card to contacted. But Shinji falls for Sudou's trap, tricked into revealing Knight's identity as well as kidnap Yui. After barely enduring Scissors attack on him, Shinji learns that Kaga is not Scissors when his corpse is found by Ren who investigated the shop and finding Kaga plastered behind a wall. He later he meets up with Ren while he's chasing down Yui and her kidnapper, following him to find out that Scissors is Sudou, getting scolded for endangering Ren and Yui in his ideology.
Confronting Sudou, Shinji was about to fight him because of his evil actions until Ren arrives to settle things with Sudou. Shinji was forced to watch the two fight until Scissors is eaten alive by Volcancer, and he destroys Volcancer with his Final Vent, though he kept his ideals by not having Dragreder absorb the Mirror Monster's essence as Darkwing takes it while Knight explains there are more Riders left to defeat.
Later, while assisting Reiko in the interview a man named Togukawa Katsuhikaku on a golden crayfish, Shinji almost gets run over by a white car as he arrived in the Atori Cafe to meet Yui's grandmother who lets him move into Atori Cafe, encountering the driver Shuichi Kitaoka and grabbing him as before contacting the Sakura Company's thugs, unaware their identity and intent as he saves Kitaoka before escaping with him, disgusted by Kitaoka's methods as a lawyer. Though cornered, Kitaoka and Shinji were saved by the lawyer's apprentice Goro Yura as Shinji senses two Zebraskulls and battles one until it escaped, seeing the other destroyed by Kamen Rider Zolda.
Later, when Reiko believes that the river was polluted by Kawazu Pharmacy, resulting in both the crayfish and the haired-frog Toguwawa found, Shinji accompanies her to see the Pharmacy's representing lawyer, ironically which was Kitaoka. Soon after spending time with Kitaoka, Shinji spends the next day with the lawyer to write an article about him until he hit a nerve and was ordered to leave. Sensing the Zebraskull from before as it devours Togukawa, whose animals turned out to be fakes, Ryuki battles it until he finally destroys it.
But by that time, Zolda gets the drop on Ryuki who forced to fight him before he is forced to retreat. The next day, Shinji learns that Shimada is kidnapped last night and is sent to give the kidnapper the ransom, only to be attacked by him. However, the kidnapper is devoured by a Wildboarder and Shinji is arrested, forced to stay in jail as he can't explain what happened to the kidnapper without exposing himself and Shimada has no memory of her kidnapper.
However, when Reiko and Ren manage to get Kitaoka as his lawyer, he intended to incriminate him after learning that Shinji's actually a Rider. After his friends fire Kitaka, Shinji is freed thanks to the kidnapper's daughter Yukari, meeting her at the hospital with Kitaoka as she defends him before he drives off. But when Yukari is targeted by the Wildboarder, Ryuki joins Knight in a two-on-one fight on the Mirror Monster before Zolda arrives to take them all out.
Though Ryuki and Knight survived, Ren suffered memory loss as a result, not remembering the recent events over the year. Though told to leave him alone, Shinji follows Ren as he attempts to recover his memory, encountering every single person Ren had ever offended before he senses Zenobiter and is forced leave Ren to fight the monster as Ren regains some of his memories. But once he kills the Mirror Monster, Shinji follows Ren to Semiin University before covering for him when they encounter some enemies of Ren's. By the time he find Ren, he's with Yui with his memory completely restored as the two save the dying Professor Ejima from Terrabiter.
While investigating the Non-Stop Elevator rumor for its ties to the missing people, Shinji mistakenly believes that Zolda is Kitaoka's assistant Goro and chides him before sensing Deadlemur. But during the fight, Zolda intervenes and Ryuki was forced to fight back at the cost of seemingly killing Goro. Feeling guilty about it, Shinji quits being a Rider even if it meant that Dragreder would eat him. However, thanks to Ren exposing Kitaoka as the real Zolda, Shinji learns the truth and feels a weight lifted seeing Goro alive and resumes being a Rider with intentions of stopping the Rider War.
When asked to investigate Meirin University where rumors of masked men fighting take place, the chain of events led Shinji to meet its arrogant mastermind Jun Shibaura, who took his Dragreder card from him. But with the aid of a kindred spirit who also wants to end the war, Miyuki Tezuka, Shinji regains his card as Jun is briefly taken to jail. However the appearance of the sadistic Takeshi Asakura in the fight results in the deaths of Jun and then Tezuka. Shinji's offers of friendship eventually win Ren over, even though they also maintained something of a rivalry afterward.
At the end of the series, he was stabbed in the back by a Raydragoon before he could transform while protecting a little girl. Shinji died with a devastated Ren by his side shortly afterwards following a fight with the Raydragoons. In the end, he declared to Ren that he finally found his desire as a Rider: To close the Mirror World. Bolstered by his dying words, Ren would go on to win the Rider War, and bring Eri back to life.
Shinji's story, however, ends on a happy note. Kanzaki finally realized the futility of his single-minded obsession with his dead sister, and at her request finally ended the Rider War for good. Performing one last Time Vent, Shiro travels to the past. Instead of pictures of Monsters though, he and Yui would draw pictures of them living happily together in a beautiful world. Thus, the Rider War never happened, and the Riders lived happy new lives without needing to fight. Somehow, Shinji managed to change the Rider's fates in the end, and achieved his wish to stop the fighting.
Recent crossovers reveal that he has somehow re-obtained his Ryuki deck and Dragredder with no explanation given as to how this happened. Perhaps these are other Shinjis of different worlds, or his appearances are due to time paradoxes. Whatever the reason, Shinji Kido would always be there, fulfilling his only desire of protecting others as Kamen Rider Ryuki.
In the 13 Riders Special which is also an alternate retelling of the story, his role in the Rider War was the same, but his origin as Ryuki was much different. It was by fate he was dragged into Mirror World by a monster to be saved by the previous Ryuki, Kōichi Sakakibara. But mortally wounded and wishing to save his life, Sakakibara gave Shinji his deck and faded while Shinji became the new Kamen Rider Ryuki.
Shinji still tried to prevent the other Riders from fighting as his way to thank Sakakibara. He was lured into the Mirror World by the others under the guise of a truce, but was ambushed. While fighting the other Riders, the Ryuki deck was destroyed by Kamen Rider Odin. After Ren was killed by Kamen Rider Verde, Ren gave Shinji the Knight deck and he took the mantle of Kamen Rider Knight. Shinji promised Ren that he will fight and in one ending he takes on the rest of the other Riders.
In the other ending, Shinji destroyed the master mirror with the monsters and Riders fading away only for the Riders to reappear and Shinji regaining the Ryuki deck.
In the movie: Episode Final which is an alternate retelling of the story, Shinji continued trying to stop the battle despite Shiro's rule to fight. He appears to be deceived by Miho Kirishima while maintaining a relation to her. Later, Shinji also finds out that Yui had already met him and he feels that it was because of him that Yui is dying. Shinji also soon finds his mirror counterpart Kamen Rider Ryuga, where the latter tricks him into letting him absorb him under the assumption that it would save Yui. But Shinji breaks free and defeats Ryuga before he and Knight assume Survive form to defeat the horde of Hydragoons.
In this alternate retelling of the story, Shinji was younger of two identical twins. While Shinji was the kinder and friendlier of the two, Shinichi was aggressive and impulsive. Yet despite of their temperamental differences, the two held a strong bond and were very close.
In a tragic turn of events, Shinichi was killed protecting his brother during an assault by a thug wielding a knife. The killer was in fact someone whom Shinichi had a previous altercation with and his intended target all along. He inadvertently attacked Shinji due to mistaken identity.
Shinji is one of the last surviving Riders in this version of the story. He challenges Asakura to a fight, Asakura using the Survive Shippu card he stole from Ren. Later, Asakura uses the Survive deck's Unite Vent card along with all the Advent cards he's collected from the Riders he defeated, combining all the monsters (along with Dragreder) into Genosurviver.
But because Asakura had not contracted Dragreder, its head starts biting at Venoviper's head, causing Genosurviver to run amok and attempt to destroy Mirror World. Kitaoka kills Asakura and Genosurviver with his Final Vent, but he is also caught up in the explosion and dies as well.
Shinji eventually stumbles across Ren under some rubble, a direct consequence of Ren's previous fight with Asakura. At that moment, Shinji is possessed by Shinichi's spirit, causing his deck, armor and Contract Monster to turn black.
Ren shows up, revealing the Knight under the rubble was a Trick Vent-created copy. Since they are the last remaining Riders, they fight with Shinji as the winner. Odin, who serves to grant the winner's wish in this story, appears and grants Shinji's wish: to revive all the victims of the Rider War.
In this S.I.C. alternate retelling of the story, the remaining Riders are Ryuki (now Ryuga), Knight, Tiger, Ouja and Odin.
After Shinji becomes Ryuga, he starts to turn into a mindless rampant in the Mirror World. Tiger shows up and tries to stop him only to be easily defeated by Ryuga in his Survive mode.
Hideyuki Kagawa, as Alternative Zero shows up with an army of twelve Alternatives in order to destroy Ryuga. As they prepare to attack Ryuga, Yui Kanzaki shows up. Kagawa laughs; Yui is the source of all their troubles and if she dies everything will end. They attack her instead, but Ryuga, having his sanity returned shields her. He reverts to Shinji and dies.
Later appearances in Kamen Rider/Super Sentai live action productions
Kamen Rider 555: Cho Henshin Battle
Non-canon TV appearance
Kamen Rider G
Kamen Rider Ryuki, in his Rider form, appears in episode 01, observing Natsumi Hikari from the Mirror World a few minutes before the world fusion disaster starts around her home.
Ryuki is one of the Kamen Riders who fight in the Rider battle tournament, secretly organized by Dai-Shocker in order to stop the fusion of worlds. He's shown fighting against Kamen Rider ZX and hitting him with a surprise attack using his ability to travel in and out of the Mirror World. Later, Ryuki along with the other Showa & Heisei Kamen Riders appears to help Decade against Dai-Shocker's monster army. He was seen slashing Worms and Orphnochs near Super-1. He was part of the All Riders Kick used to destroy Shadowmoon and Dai-Shocker's castle.
His official bio doesn't give his civilian name directly, but describes him as a Rider who fought to protect people from Mirror Monsters and stop the Rider Battle between 13 Riders.
The Destroyer of Worlds
He later appears in episode 31, as one of Wataru Kurenai's companions, who antagonize Decade after he failed in his mission of saving the worlds. Ryuki is seen as one of the Riders who sees Diend shoot Decade at point-blank range. In the special version of episode 31, Ryuki is seen with Kiva on Castle Doran, they jump off and run off. Ryuki is one of the few Riders who didn't die in the Rider War.
A mishap caused by the Greeed Ankh unintentionally altered the timeline which enabled Shocker to utilize the Core Medal to create the Shocker Greeed which defeated the Double Riders and seemingly erased the legacy of the Kamen Riders from history. In 2011, after Kamen Rider New Den-O's attempt to repair the damage, he along with Kamen Rider OOO and M-Ankh awaited execution. However, it was revealed the Double Riders had their brainwashing removed by a Shocker scientist.
The Double Riders joined with New Den-O and OOO to fight Shocker's forces, but were eventually defeated. When the order was given to kill everyone, V3 suddenly appeared, asserting that there were more than four riders. V3 was soon followed by all the other revived riders that came after him, including Ryuki, as even though Rider history was changed, the people's memories haven't changed.
After the riders were united, they faced off against Shocker's Great Leader. Later, when joined by a force of extra riders, Ryuki and all the other riders got on their motorcycles and performed the "All Rider Break", ramming into the Rock Great Leader and defeating it once and for all. OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
Although his human form isn't shown in the movie itself and he doesn't speak, Ryuki is confirmed to be Shinji Kido by the movie's official website.
Ryuki arrives alongside the other Riders and fights against the united Dai-Shocker and Dai-Zangyack army. Eventually, along some other Kamen Riders, he faced Doktor G, Dai-Shocker's highest commander. However, they were overwhelmed by Doktor G's Kani Laser form, which shoot lasers to repel their attacks. Ryuki, Blade and Decade received Reflect cards from the Super Sentai, Goseiger. After using the Reflequartz cards to reflect the lasers to Kani Laser himself, Ryuki used his Final Vent to destroy Narutaki, alongside Blade's and Decade's own final attacks.
- Though Ryuki didn't appear in human form, he had Shinji Kido's trademark victory cry and is described by the movie pamphlet as having fought to protect people from Mirror Monsters and stop the fighting of his fellow Riders.
Ryuki was part of a force of Rider and Sentai reinforcements led by Kamen Rider 1 and Akarenger that came to assist the Riders and Sentai of recent years who were overwhelmed by the revived monster army of the Space Crime Syndicate Madou. The combined forces of superheroes were able to turn the tide against the Madou army. They lined up and used their various finisher attacks to destroy the revived monsters.
After Demon King Psycho was destroyed and the battle was finally over, Ryuki appeared standing on a cliff with all the other heroes who appeared to help, to say goodbye to the heroes of recent years before taking their leave.
Ryuki appeared in a special two-parter after the finale, The Kamen Rider Rings and Neverending Story. He appeared summoned by children from the World within the Magic Stone, commanded to attack Haruto's friends. Ryuki somehow gained the power to safely store other people in the Mirror World without having them disintegrate, which he uses to trick the children and save Haruto's friends. Before disappearing, he pleads to Wizard to help the children. He later appears with all the Heisei Riders from Kuuga to Fourze after being summoned by Amadum. After pretending to betray Haruto, Decade revealed that it was all a ploy to gather all the Heisei Riders to defeat Amadum. He and the other Heisei Riders would then battle Amadum's monsters, using Strike Vent to clear out Monster hordes and summoning Dragreder after declaring that they had ways of fighting gigantic enemies too. He would have his Advent Cards stolen by Amadum, but he regained his powers and transformed into Survive form, performing a triple Rider Kick alongside Faiz and Blade.
Despite the fact that it was not shown in the movie itself, Ryuki was killed by a Showa Rider and was turned into a lockseed.
Ryuki later appeared when Gaim and ZX released all of the Kamen Riders from their lockseeds.
Due to the timeline alteration caused by Shocker, Ryuki became one of the brainwashed Riders in that timeline, donning the name of Shocker Rider Ryuki.
Following the Rider Grand Prix in which Drive emerged victorious over Rider 3, who was promptly integrated into the Great Leader of Shocker's Rider Robo form, Ryuki appeared alongside X-Rider, Stronger, ZX, Kabuto, Kiva and OOO to attack Drive while being caught in the crossfire as the Rider Robo joined the fray. Ultimately, the Double Riders 1 and 2 made their appearance having survived their apparent demise from within the Rider Robo, and broke Shocker's brainwashing on the fallen Riders, enabling all Riders to unite in a final battle against Shocker.
Unfortunately, Ryuki was among the Riders whose existence was erased by the Rider Robo. This fate, however, was rendered moot when the Rider Robo was finally destroyed by Shurikenjin Tridoron, restoring Ryuki's place in history.
Kamen Rider Ghost: Legendary! Riders' Souls!
Despite not appearing in the web-exclusive series, Ghost can use the power of 16 Heisei Riders, including Ryuki, with the Heisei Rider Damashii in the final episode.
Kamen Rider Ex-Aid "Tricks": Kamen Rider Genm
Despite not appearing in the web-exclusive series, Ryuki and 13 Heisei Riders were the projections of the Ganbarizing Critical Strike.
Chou Super Hero Taisen
An iteration of Ryuki Survive Form was summoned from the Game World as part of a team of five of the Strongest Kamen Riders alongside five of the Strongest Sentai Rangers by Kamen Rider Brave, helping to defeat the army of Shocker.
Chou Super Hero Taisen (promotional material)
Ryuki appeared as part of Team Legend Hero, an unofficial Game World team that did not participate in the Chou Super Hero Taisen tournament, exclusively featuring in a promotional conference for the film.
Kamen Rider Build: Be The One
Among the first 18 Heisei Riders, Ryuki fought against numerous monsters in a melee briefly witnessed by Sento Kiryu before being caught in the crossfire as Kamen Rider Zi-O BuildArmor used his Vortex Time Break to wipe out his enemies.
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations Forever
Ryuki arrives alongside other Heisei main riders to assist Sougo Tokiwa and Kiryu Sento against the forces of Timejacker. He later seen fighting alongside fellow fire user, Hibiki and Wizard. He was also seen fighting alongside fellow dragons Agito and Wizard. In the final battle against Another Ultimate Kuuga, Ryuki is riding Dragreder to attack giant kaijin from the air.
ORE Journal has gone out of business due to unsupportive clients, thus Shinji and Okubo no longer works there in Zi-O's timeline. Shinji was found unconscious in his apartment by Sougo, Geiz, and Tsukuyomi who were looking for him in connection with Another Ryuga. Having all reflective surfaces in his apartment covered by newspapers, Shinji unintentionally caused himself to suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning. When Sougo and the others began tearing off the newspapers to save him, Shinji panicked and told them to stop before falling unconscious. While recovering in the hospital, Shinji tried to escape, but was found by White Woz, who decided to eliminate him in hopes of destroying Another Ryuga. However, Geiz saves him and tells him to run away, not wanting to waste a life. As he runs, he encounters Dark Shinji inside a Mirror, and is frightened.
Shinji is later found by Sougo in his apartment. He admits that somewhere deep inside his heart, he holds a slight grudge towards the clients who does not show support to ORE Journal earlier. Thus, he considers his Mirror World self his true nature, but he also states that he has to accept his inner darkness and move on, instead of keep running away and denying it.
He is last seen meeting his former boss, Daisuke Okubo at a fishing pond. Shinji still affectionately calls him "Chief" despite the shutting down of ORE Journal. Daisuke remarks that the new era has defeated both of them. Shinji agrees, but also adds that they would achieve nothing dwelling on their losses. Daisuke then asks whether Shinji would like to come with him. Shinji shakes his former boss's hand as the two share a happy laugh. Daisuke then notes that Shinji has become quite handsome, showing him his own reflection on the water surface. Shinji smiles at the reflection, saying that the chief has also become more handsome. The chief and Shinji share one typical moment similar to their usual interaction in Kamen Rider Ryuki as Sougo stands on the sidelines and smiles happily.
Rider Time Ryuki
Shinji Kido, along with 11 other people, all without any memory of the past, were taken into the Mirror World by a mysterious woman. The woman said that the Rider War would start anew from that time on, and it must be finished within seven days. The winner would be returned to the real world with restored memories. Takeshi Asakura, who was seemingly the only one with his memories intact, transformed into Kamen Rider Ouja and prepared to fight. Shinji, holding his Ryuki Advent Deck in hand, remembered that he used to transform before, but he still did not manage to remember the entire context. He still transformed into Kamen Rider Ryuki anyway, and entered a fight with Ouja.
Only 3 days remained. Shinji was shown with Miyuki Tezuka (Kamen Rider Raia), Kimura (Kamen Rider Verde) and Ishida (Kamen Rider Imperer) as he dreamt about a man in a black outfit, implied to be his old friend in the series: Ren Akiyama (Kamen Rider Knight). The four Riders were, at that time, a team, whose present base was an abandoned house. The team that opposed them consisted of Jun Shibaura (Kamen Rider Gai), Ishihashi (Kamen Rider Scissors) and Tozuka (Kamen Rider Tiger). Jun and his gang managed to locate Shinji's team, and a huge battle broke out. However, Jun's gang attempted to flee as hordes of Mirror Monsters appeared and interrupted their fight. Ryuki activated his Final Vent and destroyed a large number of monsters before escaping with his comrades.
Somewhere in the Mirror World, Shinji brought some food and drinks to Kimura and Ishida, telling them that they should celebrate being able to survive the battle. The two Riders, however, did not show any interest, as they were still trapped with no way out. They were even surprised at Shinji's optimism on the matter. Shinji replied that it was because they were in such a dilemma that they needed to find happiness and enjoyment themselves. After that, Shinji expressed his doubt towards the mysterious girl who had brought them there in the first place. He did not seem to believe in her words, but Kimura told him that believing the woman was their only hope at the time.
Shinji wondered who died after 4 days had passed. He also wanted to meet someone, the man who had been appearing in his dreams ever since he was taken into the Mirror World (again, implied to be Ren). Shinji revealed that he had been fighting all the time because he really desired to go back to the real world and meet him.
Tezuka, who had just returned from a supposed meeting with Jun's gang, told the team to cooperate with Jun, as he believed they would be able to survive longer that way. Ishida had an uneasy feeling about the matter, but Tezuka told him not to worry, as "his predictions are never wrong". Tezuka asked everyone to give Jun their Advent Decks as Jun had already given his team's to Tezuka as a safety measure. Shinji, seeing 3 decks in Tezuka's possession, handed him his Ryuki deck. The four then went to meet Jun and his gang.
At the location, Ishida still could not hide his worry about the situation, only to be comforted by Tezuka. As Jun's gang appeared, Shinji brought them some drinks as a sign of cooperation. Tezuka opened the can and spewed some of the content into Shinji's face. Shinji merely laughed it off, only for Jun to mock him for his naivety. Jun said deceiving Shinji was "even easier than expected". Tezuka threw the 3 Advent Decks back to Jun's gang, revealing himself to be the traitor all along. The four then transformed and prepared to kill Shinji, Kimura and Ishida, who were helpless because of the loss of their decks. Tezuka summoned Evildiver and had it eat Ishida alive, as the latter screamed in anguish at how he was betrayed by the one he trusted and looked up to. As Gai and Tiger were cornering Shinji, Ouja appeared and used his Final Vent on Tiger, killing him. Ouja, along with Zolda, entered the scene and began fighting. As Ouja prepared to strike Shinji, Knight appeared and saved him. Shinji and the other Riders had to flee from the might of Zolda's Final Vent right afterwards.
In a dimension full of broken mirror pieces, Shinji found Dark Shinji, with the latter urging the former to merge with him so that "they" can win the Rider War. As Dark Shinji got closer and closer to Shinji, making him terrified, the latter woke up and realized it was all just a dream.
Shinji found himself in a parking lot with Ren Akiyama. Ren knew Shinji's name, but Shinji mispronounced Ren's name as "Ron", just like he did in the past. The two wondered whether they have met before or not, with Ren not having any clue on the matter. Shinji thanked Ren for saving him earlier, but Ren stated that he did not save Shinji because they seemed to know each other. Instead, Ren remarked there was a voice in his head which kept telling him to stop the Rider War. Shinji responded he also wanted to meet a certain someone who had been appearing in his dreams ever since day one. He then asked whether Ren knew anything about the past, which Ren admitted he also had no clue about. Shinji voiced his approval of Ren's goal to stop the War. Ren thought Shinji just wanted to stop the War because he was afraid of losing, which Shinji dismissed. Shinji then offered Ren a drink, which he had had with him since the battle at the beginning of the episode, only for Ren to spew the content on his face. Shinji stated that the two may not be very close in the past, to which Ren agreed without hesistation. As Takeshi Asakura was the only one with memory still intact, the two decided to go and meet him.
Upon meeting Asakura, the two asked him about their past. Asakura only laughed, and said that their past was fighting and killing each other, and it was their destiny to keep fighting like that for eternity.
As an outraged Ouja was looking for Shinji and Ren, telling them to entertain him more, the two managed to flee to an abandoned house. Shinji stated that Asakura was not the type of person that could be reasoned with. The mysterious woman appeared before them and declared that the time remaining was one day. Both Shinji and Ren were irritated, asking the woman why she was doing all this. The woman started to tell the two Riders her story: She was a woman named Sara. In the past, a man named Tatsuya Kano hit her with his car, putting her into the hospital. The man would then visit her frequently in the hospital, and the two started dating each other. However, the injury from the accident still did not allow her body to recover completely, and she was put into the hospital again. Tatsuya, not wanting to lose her, became Another Ryuki and started killing countless people in the real world in hopes that the lives he killed would be able to resurrect her. Not wanting Tatsuya to kill more people, Sara's Mirror self restarted the Rider War. Because the real world Sara only had one day left to live, she said one day was the time remaining for the winner to be found. Shinji still wanted to know more, but the woman vanished.
Just after that, Kimura brought an already deceased Tezuka to Shinji. Tezuka had finally regained his memory, and his friendship with Shinji before his death. Kimura related two of Tezuka's messages for Shinji: He should be himself, and he should be wary of "another Shinji". Shinji, grieving at the death of Tezuka, did not really understand what was "another Shinji". Right after Tezuka's body disintegrated, Dark Shinji suddenly appeared and offered to merge with Shinji, which he did. The merge made all the glasses in the abandoned house shatter and fall apart. Some time after, Ren managed to regain his memory about the past and confronted Dark Shinji. He tried to bring his friend back to his senses by revealing to him their past together and the fact that it was Shinji's voice that kept telling him to stop the Rider War all along. His efforts were all for naught, however, as Dark Shinji was at that time in full control of Shinji's body. The two would later fight with Ryuga being the winner. Just as Ryuga was about to land the killing blow, the real Shinji inside him started to resurface and stopped Ryuga. Knight took the chance and knocked Ryuga out of the transformation, saying that the bond between him and Shinji was the reason why Dark Shinji could never win. It seemed Shinji went back to normal after being defeated. Ren came by his side, only for Shinji to grab the Black Drag Saber and attack. However, Asakura interrupted their fight and intended to kill Shinji, only for Ren to take the blow for him, rceiving a fatal wound as a result.
After Asakura disintegrated, Shinji came at his dying friend's side. Shinji had actually been faking his possession of Dark Shinji, in hopes of Ren becoming the victor of the Rider War. Ren recounted the events of the past Rider War, saying that Shinji died before him at that time. Ren told Shinji to live this time. Shinji pleaded Ren not to die, but to no avail, as the wound he had received did not permit him to live any longer. As Shinji was the last man standing, Sara proclaimed him the winner of the Rider War, and pleaded him to stop Tatsuya. She offered Shinji her life and opened a mirror for him to escape to the real world.
Shinji returned to the real world and transformed into Kamen Rider Ryuki to fight Another Ryuki. The two seemed to be evenly matched. Shinji then revealed to Tatsuya that Sara had offered him her life earlier to stop him from his murderous rampage, and that Sara had used her life essence until the last moments of her life just for her lover to become a good person again. The Another Rider fell on his knees in distraught and sadness. A mysterious man in white, whose face was hidden under a cloak, appeared before the two, voicing his disapproval of Shinji's interference, and subsequently used his powers to knock Shinji back.
Sougo and Geiz came by Shinji's side to comfort him, recognizing him from the Another Ryuga incident. Shinji mistook Geiz for Ren, much to the future Rider's confusion. Shinji then brushed it off and asked Sougo to take care of things for him from that time on. Sougo and Geiz realized that they had unlocked the Ryuki and Knight Ridewatches, respectively. He then let the duo fight Another Ryuki while deciding to go to a hospital somewhere.
On his way, he recounted his last moments with Ren earlier: He revealed to his friend that the man who kept appearing in his dreams from day one was indeed Ren all along. Ren, in his last moments, asked Shinji to come and check on his fiancee - Eri Ogawa - as he wanted to know whether she's happy or not. Shinji agreed and found Eri, now a nurse, taking care of a child patient. She was shown wearing three rings - the very same rings that Ren always carried with him in the previous Rider War. As Eri was happy with her job, Shinji left the hospital, visibly sad because he knew Ren would never have a chance to meet his lover anymore.
After Sougo and Geiz had defeated the man in white - who was revealed to be Kamen Rider Odin - Shinji wandered about in the streets, reminiscing his final moments with Ren once more: Before dying, Ren was certain that Shinji and he would meet each other again, in a place without fighting. When that time came, Ren asked whether the two might continue "annoying" each other like they used to do. Shinji tearfully agreed, just as his friend started to disintegrate in his very arms.
Shinji pulled out the Dragreder and Darkwing Advent Cards from his pockets and let them fly away into the air. As the cards disappeared up high, Shinji continued his walk down the road, presumably continuing to keep on living.
Appearances in other media
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Ryuki (video game)
Kamen Rider Ryuki appears with all of his forms (including Blank Form) in Kamen Rider Ryuki video game. His Blank Form could be unlocked by completing the story mode for the second time and click L1+O when he is unlocked, and his Survive form could be unlocked by using Kamen Rider Knight Survive in arcade mode.
Kamen Rider Battride War
Kamen Rider Battride War II
Kamen Rider Ryuki reappeared in Kamen Rider: Battride War II, summoned by Cinema along with the remaining Heisei Riders in order to create the "ultimate movie". Ryuki's stage was based off from Kamen Rider Ryuki: Episode Final, with Kamen Rider Ryuga as his main enemy.
Ryuki's gameplay is now upgraded until the rest of the future Battride War games, such as regaining his original Final Vent on his Super Move; starting out using hand to hand combat mode, and can switch between this mode and Sword Vent Mode via holding , changing his normal ground and air attacks.
Kamen Rider Ryuki reappeared in Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis
Kamen Rider Super Live: Cho Henshin Battle
- Ryuki returns in the Stageshow of Faiz. He was turned into a stone statue by Bio Roid Dark, and is controlled to fight against Faiz, 1, 2 and V3.
- Shinichi Kido - Brother, Kamen Rider Ryuga
Ryuki is a balanced fighter, able to utilize both a close-range and ranged fighting style. His special element is fire, given his dragon's augmentation to his armor. His Advent Cards further show the emphasis on versatility, with a decently powerful close range weapon (Sword Vent) as well as a capable long-range weapon (Strike Vent) His Contract Monster Dragredder often aids him in his battles. Ryuki however has no special or trick cards like Gai's Confine Vent or Raia's Copy Vent, nor does he have a weapon based Rider Visor like Knight's rapier Dark Visor or Zolda's gun Giga Visor. His Final Vent is a flying side kick called "Dragon Rider Kick", which is a playoff from the usual "Rider Kick" the original Kamen Riders used.
Shinji, despite having no fighting experience whatsoever at the start of the war, is notable for being able to come up with unusual, unpredictable plans to combat the monsters and Riders he fights, adapting to any situation and confusing his opponents simply by being himself. Later on, Shinji gains the friendship and full cooperation of Dragreder allowing Shinji to fight without worry of being eaten by him. Towards the end of the war, he becomes a formidable opponent for any Mirror World enemies he comes across. In Episode Final, Shinji is able to defeat his dark counterpart who had easily defeated Ouja and Femme and held the upper hand against Knight.
His Survive form further strengthens his emphasis on versatility: His Drag-Visor evolves into the gunblade Drag-Visor Zwei, usable as both a sword and a marker for the Shoot Vent as well as giving him a Trick card (Strange Vent) that can become any card. His new ultimate attack, the "Dragon Firestorm", is a powerful Rider Break.
Shinji transforms into Kamen Rider Ryuki through his Advent Deck and his V-Buckle. Throughout the main series run, he only transformed into Ryuki.
In an alternative retelling of Kamen Rider Ryuki, Kamen Rider Ryuki Special: 13 Riders, Shinji's deck is destroyed and Ren dies after passing on the deck for Kamen Rider Knight to Shinji. Shinji then transforms into Kamen Rider Knight with Survive Mode.
In the S.I.C. Hero Saga Kamen Rider Ryuki: Advent Calendar, he was possessed by his deceased twin brother, Shinichi Kido, and his Rider suit turned black along with Dragreder, turning Ryuki into Ryuga and Dragreder into Dragblacker.
In Kamen Rider Ryuki: World of If, Shinji replaces his Ryuki Deck for Ryuga's, and as a result he goes on a mindless rampage in the Mirror World.
- Punching Power: 50 AP (2.5 t.)
- Kicking Power: 100 AP (5 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 10 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 8 sec.
Blank Form (ブランク体 Buranku-tai) is the form Ryuki takes when he does not have a Contract Monster. He possesses a generic arm-mounted Visor named the Ride Visor and a single Advent Card that summons the Ride Saber, a fragile sword that shattered upon its first use. It is much weaker than any of his other forms and any of the other Riders, though it still allows him to be in the Mirror World without disintegrating. Shinji began the series in this form before he contracted Dragreder, and reverted back to it when his Contract Card was stolen by Kamen Rider Gai.
- Punching Power: 200 AP (10 t.)
- Kicking Power: 400 AP (20 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 35 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5 sec.
- Drag Saber: 2000 AP (100 t.)
- Drag Claw: 2000 AP (100 t.)
- Drag Shield: 2000 GP (100 t.)
- Ryumuzan: 2000 AP (100 t.)
- Shouryu Toppa: 3000 AP (150 t.)
- Tornado Defence: 3000 GP (150 t.)
- Doragon Bakuen Tsuki: 6000 AP (300 t.)
- Dragon Rider Kick: 6000 AP (300 t.)
- Double Rider Kick: 7000 AP (350 t.)
- Advent: Dragreder: 5000 AP (250 t.)
Shinji can transform into Ryuki's default form using his Advent Deck and V-Buckle upon forming a contract with Dragreder. He is now equipped with the Drag Visor on his left arm and possesses a variety of Advent Cards. In comparison to the other Riders, his parameters are balanced.
Through the use of his Sword Vent Advent Card, Ryuki can arm himself with the Drag Saber (ドラグセイバー Doragu Seibā), a sword derived from Dragreder's tail. His Strike Vent arms him with the Drag Claw (ドラグクロー Doragu Kurō), a gauntlet capable of shooting fireballs that is derived from Dragreder's head. With the Drag Claw, Ryuki can perform the Drag Claw Fire (ドラグクローファイヤー Doragu Kurō Faiyā) attack with Dragreder, in which he and Dragreder each launch a fireball at the opponent. His Guard Vent equips him with the Drag Shield (ドラグシールド Doragu Shīrudo), two shields derived from segments of Dragreder's body that can be held by hand or mounted on Ryuki's shoulders.
By using his Final Vent, Ryuki can execute his finisher, the Dragon Rider Kick (ドラゴンライダーキック Doragon Raidā Kikku), in which he jumps into the air with Dragreder flying behind him. Dragreder then breathes fire at Ryuki, propelling him into a flying kick that strikes the enemy.
Appearances: Ryuki Episodes 2-49, Episode Final, 13 Riders, Ryuki vs Kamen Rider Agito, All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, Super Hero Taisen, Super Hero Taisen Z, Wizard Episodes 52-53, Kamen Rider Taisen, Super Hero Taisen GP, Be The One, Heisei Generations FOREVER
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 300 AP (15 t.)
- Kicking Power: 500 AP (25 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 45 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 4.5 sec.
- Drag Blade: 3000 AP (150 t.)
- Meteor Bullet: 4000 AP (200 t.)
- Fire Wall: 4000 GP (200 t.)
- Shadow Illusion: 2000 AP (100 t.)
- Hiryu Bakurendan: 7000 AP (350 t.)
- Burning SaBer: 7000 AP (350 t.)
- Dragon Fire Storm: 9000 AP (450 t.)
- Advent: Dragranzer: 7000 AP (350 t.)
Kamen Rider Ryuki Survive (仮面ライダー龍騎サバイブ Kamen Raidā Ryūki Sabaibu) is Ryuki's final form, assumed by using the Survive Rekka Advent Card. The Survive Rekka card transforms the Drag Visor into the the Drag Visor-Zwei, which Ryuki uses to transform into Survive Form and read Advent Cards. Transforming into Survive Form also causes Dragreder to transform into Dragranzer. Survive Form enhances all of Ryuki's stats, allowing him to surpass all other Riders, with the exception of those who are also using a Survive Advent Card, such as Knight Survive and Odin.
Using the Sword Vent Advent Card converts the Drag Visor-Zwei to a blade mode named the Drag Blade (ドラグブレード Doragu Burēdo).The Drag Visor-Zwei can also function as a ranged weapon by shooting fireballs. By using the Shoot Vent, Ryuki can perform the Meteor Bullet (メテオバレット Meteo Buretto) attack alongside Dragranzer, in which he and Dragranzer each launch a fireball at the opponent.
By using his Final Vent, Ryuki Survive can perform his finisher, the Dragon Fire Storm (ドラゴンファイヤーストーム Doragon Faiyā Sutōmu), which transforms Dragranzer into a bike for Ryuki to ride. Ryuki drives toward the enemy and performs a wheelie, followed by Dragranzer shooting several opponents at the opponent from its mouth. Finally, Ryuki slams into the opponent, destroying it.
- Punching Power: 200 AP (10 t.)
- Kicking Power: 300 AP (15 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 40 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 4.5 sec.
- Wing Lancer: 2000 AP (100 t.)
- Sonic Breaker: 1000 AP (50 t.)
- Shadow Illusion: 1000 AP (50 t.)
- Wing Wall: 3000 GP (150 t.)
- Hishouzan: 5000 AP (250 t.)
- Advent: Darkwing: 4000 AP (200 t.)
Shinji can transform into Kamen Rider Knight using Ren's Advent Deck and V-Buckle upon forming a contract with Darkwing. His Visor, the Dark Visor, is a rapier that also functions as his personal weapon. In comparison to Ryuki, Knight has lower kicking power but higher jump height and running speed.
In addition to the Dark Visor, Knight can arm himself with the Wing Lancer (ウイングランサー Uingu Ransā), a lance derived from Darkwing's tail, by using his Sword Vent Advent Card. The remainder of Darkwing's body can be mounted on Knight's back, where its wings become a cape. This can be done by using either his Guard Vent or Final Vent. (However, Ren is often seen transforming into Knight with the cape already equipped). When using the Guard Vent card, the wings are in their original form and close around Knight to form the Wing Wall in order to protect him from attacks.
Using his Final Vent allows Knight to perform his finisher, the Hishouzan (飛翔斬 Hishōzan, lit, "Flying Slash"), which equips him the Wing Lancer and Darkwing's cape form if he does not already possess them. Knight then jumps into the air and performs a drop kick while holding the Wing Lancer downward, resulting in it being parallel to his legs. Finally, Knight's cape forms a drill around him before he strikes the enemy.
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 300 AP (15 t.)
- Kicking Power: 450 AP (22.5 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 50 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 4.2 sec.
- Dark Blade: 4000 AP (200 t.)
- Dark Arrow: 3000 AP (150 t.)
- Dark Shield: 3000 AP (150 t.)
- Sonic Breaker: 2000 AP (100 t.)
- Sonic Blast: 2000 AP (100 t.)
- Shadow Illusion: 2000 AP (100 t.)
- Shippudan: 8000 AP (400 t.)
- Advent: Darkraider: 6000 AP (300 t.)
Kamen Rider Knight Survive (仮面ライダーナイトサバイブ Kamen Raidā Naito Sabaibu) is Knight's final form, assumed by using the Survive Shippu Advent Card. The Survive Shippu card transforms the Dark Visor into the the Dark Visor-Zwei, which Knight uses to transform into Survive Form and read Advent Cards. Transforming into Survive Form also causes Darkwing to transform into Darkraider. Survive Form enhances all of Knight's stats, allowing him to surpass all other Riders, with the exception of those who are also using a Survive Advent Card, such as Knight Survive and Odin.
In its default form, the Dark Visor-Zwei is an arm-mounted scabbard. Using the Shoot Vent converts the Dark Visor to a crossbow mode named the Dark Arrow (ダークアロー Dāku Arō). Using the Sword Vent allows Knight to draw the Dark Blade (ダークブレード Dāku Burēdo) from the Dark Vizor-Zwei, with the reminder becoming the Dark Shield (ダークシールド Dāku Shīrudo).
By using his Final Vent, Knight Survive can perform his finisher, the Shippudan (疾風断 Shippūdan, lit. "Hurricane Edge"), which transforms Darkraider into a bike for Knight to ride. Knight drives toward the target before the front of Darkraider fires a laser at the opponent, paralyzing it. Knight's cape then covers him and Darkraider, forming a missile that flies into the enemy.
- Punching Power: 250 AP (12.5 t.)
- Kicking Power: 450 AP (22.5 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 40 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 4.5 sec.
Kamen Rider Ryuga is a dark, Mirror World version of Ryuki. He is contracted to Dragblacker, a dark version of Ryuki's Dragreder. His Visor, the Black Drag Visor (ブラックドラグバイザー Burakku Doragu Baizā), is equipped on his left arm. Once Dark Shinji possessed Shinji's body, while Shinji returned to normal in this form. Like Ryuki, Ryuga's parameters are balanced. However, they are heightened to the point where Ryuga is the strongest out of all of the 13 Riders, with the exception of those using a Survive Advent Card.
Unlike the original, through the use of his Sword Vent Advent Card, Ryuga can arm himself with double Drag Saber (ドラグセイバー Doragu Seibā), twin swords derived from Dragreder's tail and Dragblacker's tail. His Dragblacker also evolved into a two-head dragon, one the origin while the other head is from Dragreder.
- Main article: Dragreder (Ryuki)
- Advent Deck - Transformation device and Advent Card holder
- V-Buckle - Transformation belt
- Advent Cards - Trinkets that enable a Rider to summon Contract Monsters, access equipment, and use special abilities
- Gosei Cards - Allows Ryuki to utilize the Tensou power of the Goseigers, one was loaned to him by Gosei Black
- Ride Visor - Ryuki Blank Form's Visor that enables him to use Advent Cards
- Drag Visor - Ryuki's Visor that enables him to use Advent Cards
- Drag Visor-Zwei - Upgraded version of the Drag Visor used to transform into Ryuki Survive
- Dark Visor - Knight's Visor that enables him to use Advent Cards
- Dark Visor-Zwei - Upgraded version of the Dark Visor used to transform into Knight Survive
- Black Drag Visor - Ryuga's Visor that enables him to use Advent Cards
- Ride Shooter - Motorcycle used by any Rider to enter the Mirror World
- Dragranzer Bike Mode - Serves as Ryuki Survive's bike
- Darkraider Bike Mode - Serves as Knight Survive's bike
Legend Rider Devices
Regained when Tsukasa and Shinji work together to defeat Kamen Rider Abyss, Kamata. Decade uses this card to assume Ryuki's Ryuki Form. Decade can also travel through mirrors like the original Ryuki and can summon the Drag Saber without the need of an Attack Ride Card.
These cards allow Decade to perform any of their own attacks, Decade is also able to use any signature attacks of whatever Kamen Rider he has transformed into.
- Strike Vent: As Ryuki, Decade summons the Drag Claw, a dragon-headed gauntlet that can send a burst of flames out of its mouth. Unlike the original Ryuki, it does not need Dragreder's assistance.
- Advent: As Ryuki, Decade summons the Contract Monster Dragreder. First used in Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen.
- Guard Vent: As Ryuki, only in Battride War games, Decade can summon a pair of Drag Shields in battle.
When Kamen Rider Decade is in his Complete Form, he uses the K-Touch to summon the Final Forms of the Nine Heisei Riders. After he presses the Rider's symbol, a card of that Rider's Final Form appears in a set of nine on Kamen Rider Decade's chest. The Ryuki Survive card summons Kamen Rider Ryuki Survive, armed with the Drag Visor-Zwei. Using the Ryuki Final Attack Ride Card allows Decade to execute a Burning Saber-style attack alongside Ryuki Survive.
With Ryuki Dragreder flying behind to boost his attack's power, Decade performs the Decade Dragoon which is similar to Ryuki's Final Vent, the Dragon Rider Kick.
Ryuki Medal (龍騎メダル Ryūki Medaru): Based on Kamen Rider Ryuki.
- Ryuki Switch (龍騎スイッチ Ryūki Suitchi, Circle): The Ryuki Switch arms Fourze with the Strike Vent Drag Claw-like Ryuki Module (龍騎モジュール Ryūki Mojūru) on his right arm, allowing Fourze to use Ryuki's Drag Claw Fire attack.
- Ryuki Lockseed (龍騎ロックシード Ryūki Rokkushīdo): Allows the user to transform into Ryuki Arms, equipped with the Drag Saber. The core image depicts the V-Buckle while the lid backside image depicts the Dragreder Advent Card. Zangetsu/Mars/jam-styled Lockseed.
- Ryuki Survive Lockseed (龍騎サバイブロックシード Ryūki Sabaibu Rokkushīdo): Allows the user to transform into the Survive Form version of Ryuki Arms. The core image depicts the V-Buckle while the lid backside image depicts the Survive Rekka Advent Card. Uniquely-styled Lockseed. When activated, this Lockseed announces "Survive" (サバイブ Sabaibu).
- Signal Legend Ryuki (シグナルレジェンド龍騎 Shigunaru Rejendo Ryūki, Based on the Mirror Riders' Ride Shooter): Allows Mach to activate a Kourin Signal Legend. When used in the DX Drive Driver, it gives the sound for a Tire Exchange into Drive: Ryuki (ドライブ・龍騎 Doraibu - Ryūki).
Ryuki Ghost Eyecon (龍騎ゴースト眼魂 Ryūki Gōsuto Aikon) is one of the 16 title Kamen Riders' Ghost Eyecons. It shows the number R03 on its Startup Time setting, Ryuki's face on its Transformation Time setting, and Ryuki's symbol on its Move Invocation Time setting.
- Mirror Labryinth Ryuki Gashat (ミラーラビリンス龍騎 Mirā Rabirinsu Ryūki): Based on Kamen Rider Ryuki. Used to activate Ryuki Gamer Level 1, advances to Level 2 after pulling the lever on the Gamer Driver.
- "(Digital beeping) Ryuki!"
- ―Activation announcement[src]
- "Rider Time! (Electronic beat mixed with V-Buckle-esque music) Advent! Ryuki!"
- ―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's right-hand slot[src]
- "(Right-hand Ridewatch's announcement)! Armor Time! (Electronic beat mixed with V-Buckle-esque music) Advent! Ryuki!"
- ―Rider Armor transformation announcement[src]
Ryuki Ridewatch (龍騎ライドウォッチ Ryūki Raidowotchi): Based on Kamen Rider Ryuki, this Ridewatch provides access to the RyukiArmor used by Zi-O. It is dated A.D 2002.
- Yui Kanzaki: Shinji considered Yui as a good friend and tried his best to defend her. When learning of Yui's upcoming demise, Shinji was devastated and initially felt obligated to kill others to save her. Yui convinced him otherwise though, saying that she did not want anyone else to suffer because of her. Respecting her wishes, Shinji at one point told Kanzaki off, stating that he should be listening to Yui if he truly loved her as his sister. After Shiro reset the timeline, Shinji lost all memories of Yui.
- Ren Akiyama: Shinji developed a rivalry with Ren. Despite their initial bad relationship, the two began to look out for one another as uneasy partners. When Shinji was fatally wounded by a Mirror Monster, Ren finally realized that Shinji meant a lot to him as a friend, even weeping while begging for Shinji not to die. After the reset of the timeline, Shinji and Ren lost all memories they had of each other. However, since the two did reunite in the new timeline, it is possible that Shinji and Ren might become friends once more. Seventeen years later, they both indeed met each other again in the Mirror World during the Second Rider War. Ren, upon regaining his memory, shielded Shinji from Asakura, and died in his arms. Shinji was devastated at Ren's sacrifice.
- Shuichi Kitaoka: Shinji had a bad relationship with Shuichi because of his womanism attitude. They were often seen working together fighting Mirror Monsters despite their bad relationship. This relationship, however, is finally cut off because of the reset of the timeline.
- Miyuki Tezuka: Shinji and Tezuka quickly became allies with each other, as they were the few Kamen Riders in the Rider War who fought to protect others. When Tezuka sacrificed himself to save Shinji, the latter was horrified at what had happened. Shinji's determination grew stronger from Tezuka's death, which would prove vital in ending the Rider War. In the new timeline, Shinji and Tezuka did not know each other, though it is up to fate whether the two will become friends once more. Seventeen years later, during the second rider war, Shinji and Tezuka teamed up once more, although Tezuka betrayed him and sided with Jun. However, Tezuka regained all his memories about Shinji some time before his demise after battling Jun. Tezuka then desperately tried to return the Ryuki Deck to Shinji and warn him of his dark counterpart, only to succumb to his wounds on the way.
- Miho Kirishima: In the alternate timeline, Shinji became friendly with Miho despite their differences. The two acted like an old married couple, bickering with each other in a caring manner. It is hinted that Miho had feelings for Shinji, which may have been mutual. The novel version confirmed this, with the two becoming intimate with each other. Even near death, Miho continued to act normally in front of Shinji, so that he did not feel grief when she died. Official material hinted that Miho would have actually dropped her vendetta and survived had she met Shinji earlier, showing that his influence towards her was very significant.
- Shinichi Kido: Shinji's older brother in an alternate timeline, Shinichi meant a lot to him. The two were stated to be inseparable, despite contrasting personalities. Shinichi did not hesitate to sacrifice himself to save Shinji from a thug, knowing that it was his actions that caused the thug to attack in the first place. Shinichi's death left a profound effect on Shinji, even causing him to have an identity disorder.
- Shiro Kanzaki: Shinji was Shiro's greatest hindrance, as he was always looking for ways to stop the fighting that Shiro orchestrated. This relationship however was finally cut off when Shiro reset the timeline.
- Takeshi Asakura: Shinji saw him as dangerous person rather than enemy. Because of Shinji's naivety, he could not even alert himself of Takeshi's presence despite knowing that Takeshi was the worst criminal ever. This relationship, however, is finally cut off when Shiro reset the timeline. Seventeen years later, they both met again in the Mirror World during the Second Rider war, and Takeshi was still willing to kill Shinji like he used to.
- Itsuro Takamizawa: Shinji's ultimate nemesis in the "13 Riders" special. Itsuro wanted to destroy Shinji because of his dedication to stop Rider Battle. He even went so far as to ask the the remaining 9 riders to eliminate Shinji.
- Dark Shinji: Shinji's ultimate nemesis in an alternate timeline. Ryuga aimed to take over Shinji's body completely so that he could become the ultimate existence to ever live. In Zi-O, Ryuga made contact with the Time Jackers, became Another Ryuga. This made Sinji lose his reflection and became the reason why Shinji was terrified of reflective surfaces. After some talk with Sougo, Shinji finally accepted his dark side and moved forward. After Another Ryuga's defeated, it's possible that Ryuga also accepted Shinji since his reflection had returned. However, during the Second Mirror World Rider War, Dark Shinji still aimed to take control of Shinji's body by perpetrating Tezuka's death in the hands of Jun. This time he succeeded in doing so, albeit only for a short while, as Shinji finally managed to subdue him using his sheer willpower.
Behind the scenes
Shinji Kido is portrayed by Takamasa Suga (須賀 貴匡 Suga Takamasa). As Kamen Rider Ryuki, his suit actor was Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji), who has been the suit actor for the majority of leading Heisei Kamen Riders (except Kuuga and Hibiki).
- Ryuki is the first primary Heisei Kamen Rider to have his name written in kanji (龍騎). He is counted as the second if all the Kamen Riders of the Showa era are also counted, being preceded by Shin Kamen Rider who also has his name written in kanji (真).
- Ryuki is the second Kamen Rider to have a lower form (Blank form), preceded by Kuuga (Growing form)
- In the latest interview on promoting Complete Selection Model of V-Buckle, Takamasa Suga stated at the time he did the voice for the scene where Ryuki Blank Form broke his sword, he didn't realize the scene was intentional and surprisingly thought that the suit actor (Seiji Takaiwa) accidentally broke the sword prop. It was from this moment that Takamasa Suga informed by the director what kind of personality and characteristic that he should use when playing as Ryuki.
- Shinji is one of the two Heisei Riders that manages to cough up blood. The second one was Emu Hojo who coughed up blood in the 2nd episode of Kamen Sentai Gorider. They have also fought their Another Rider counterpart in Kamen Rider Zi-O.
- Ryuki's Final Vent "Dragon Rider Kick" is a pun of his kanji name "龍騎", which if translated can be read as "Dragon Knight" (his US counterpart name) or "Dragon Rider".
- Ryuki Survive and Knight Survive are so far the only Kamen Riders to have personal motorcycles in their Final Forms. They are also the only Kamen Riders so far to use their motorcycles as a part of their Final Forms' Finishing Moves.
- Shinji and Ren's pre-transformation poses harken back to the ones performed by the Double Riders, hinting their team-up as partners (Shinji with Rider 1 and Ren with Rider 2). This was even confirmed by both actors in the interview for promoting the CSM V-Buckle.
- According to All Rider Net movie, Shinji is an Aries with type-B blood.
- Shinji is the first Primary Heisei Kamen Rider to be able to summon a monster to use for his arsenal or to aid him in the battle.
- Shinji is the first Primary Heisei Kamen Rider to have a dark rider counterpart, Dark Shinji, Kamen Rider Ryuga.
- Shinji is the second Primary Heisei Rider to transform into his series' Secondary Rider, with the first being Shoichi Tsugami.
- Ryuki is the first rider who's name contains the phrase "Ryu" in it, followed by Kamen Rider Ryuga and Kamen Rider Ryugen.
- Ryuki, alongside Amazon Neo, are the only Kamen Rider not to survive the ending of his series, discounting the new timeline.
- Just like the other Riders in Ryuki, he died an ironic death: He died after realizing his desire as a Rider, which was to close the Mirror World and end the battle.
- In contrast with most of the other primary Riders, Shinji goes through his entire series without taking a single life. Where other Riders have killed sentient and sapient monsters such as Imagin, Orphnochs, Fangires, Lords, Phantoms and Shocker Cyborgs, Shinji has only killed animalistic Mirror Monsters in his series. This is only discounted within Episode Final, wherein he defeats and kills his evil counterpart Ryuga. The only other primary Rider who shares this achievement is Kazuma Kenzaki/Kamen Rider Blade, who sealed Undeads and only destroyed the programmed Trial series.
- Shinji is the first Main Rider to seemingly lose his powers for good with Gentaro later losing the Fourze Driver as well.
- If the Ryuki who appeared in later series is indeed the Shinji from Kamen Rider Ryuki after the end of the series, that would presumably mean he ether got his powers through a different source (perhaps through a similar source with Decade), or somehow regained access to the mirror world, Ryuki's Advent Deck and revived Dragreder as well.
- Another theory that the Ryuki that appeared in later series and films was Shinji Tatsumi due to the reset of the original universe timeline, thus negating the creation of the Mirror Monsters and the 13 Kamen Riders which rendered them powerless.
- This is questionable though, as Shinji Tatsumi disappeared before Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider W & Decade: Movie War 2010 until he was resurrected by Tsukasa`s death, thus making it more likely that the Ryuki that appeared in the movie (as well as all the other sequels) is Shinji Kido.
- As Kamen Rider Ryuki in Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER is Shinji Kido (reprised by Takamasa Suga himself, although voice only), it would confirm that Shinji got his powers (and presumably his original memories) back.
- Despite not being the winner of the Rider War, he, Tezuka and Ren all had their wishes granted through Kanzaki's Time Vent. Thanks to Shinji's words and him delaying the Rider War long enough, Kanzaki finally moved past his single-minded obsession of saving Yui. In the new timeline, the Rider War doesn't exist and Eri is still alive. Thus, Shinji and Tezuka stopped the fighting and changed the Rider's fates, while Ren got his wish in the end.
- On the official production poster of Kamen Rider Zi-O, Ryuki is seen wearing a Decadriver instead his own V-Buckle. As a result of this "error", Toei fixed it by releasing a second version of the poster, which has the other Riders covering Ryuki's waist.
- Unlike the TV Series, in Rider Time: Kamen Rider Ryuki, Shinji as Ryuki actually wins the Rider War without killing any riders except for Jun, who is killed by Dark Shinji.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 TV Asahi. (2002). Kamen Rider Ryuki.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Advent Cards.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 3.22 3.23 3.24 TV Asahi. (2002). Kamen Rider Knight.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Shogakukan. (2003). Masked Rider Ryuki: Complete Works. Final Volume. p. 70-73. ISBN 978-4091014863.
- Kit Taylor - counterpart in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. See comparison page. (Earth)
- Adam - counterpart in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. See comparison page. (Ventara)
- Shinji Tatsumi - The user of the Kamen Rider Ryuki powers in Kamen Rider Decade.
- Koichi Sakakibara- Original Ryuki in 13 riders in Kamen Rider Ryuki.