|"(Guitar riff) Fool! Shame on you!"|
|Oren is angry at you for omitting important information from this article! Check out the discussion page and revision history for further clues about what needs to be updated in this article.|
|Reason: History from the second half of the season is missing.|
|This article is about a Rider in Kamen Rider Ryuki.|
Shinji Kido (城戸 真司, Kido Shinji) is a journalist trainee working for ORE Journal who finds himself drafted into the ongoing Rider Fight after obtaining an Card Deck. Transforming into Kamen Rider Ryuki (仮面ライダー龍騎, Kamen Raidā Ryūki, lit. "Dragon Knight"), he fights to stop the Riders from killing each other and protect people from the Mirror Monsters.
Shinji was aiding in the New Group's investigation behind the "missing persons" crisis that had with the latest victim being Ida Megumi. While checking on the list of missing persons, Shinji finds a clue and investigates the apartment of Kōichi Sakakibara, a man who mysteriously disappeared two months ago. Upon coming across a deck of cards lying on the ground, Shinji was nearly attacked by a monster that emerged from Mirror World, Dragreder.
However, the card deck not only protected him but allowed him to sense things when he feels that Reiko is in danger, ending up in the Mirror World where he encounters another monster, Dispider. He tries to escape the monster as it overwhelms him until he is saved by Kamen Rider Knight who defeats the monster before he and Shinji are ambushed by Dragreder, with the two barely able to get back to the real world in time.
Once coming to, Shinji finds himself in the Atori Cafe where he formally meets Yui Kanzaki and Knight's human identity, Ren Akiyama, who tries to take the Ryuki deck from him with Yui explaining to him of the Mirror Monsters and that he's targeted by Dragreder. After understanding Reiko's reasons for investigating the missing person's case, only to run into Ren who is following him to get Dragreder before Yui contacts him about the reformed Dispider.
Following Ren, and seeing the daughter of a woman who was devoured by the monster, Shinji learns that he can fight once he forms a contract with a Mirror Monster. Though warned that he'll be beyond the point of return if he commits to it, Shinji uses the Contact card Yui gives him to form his pact with Dragreder, becoming Kamen Rider Ryuki to save Knight and destroy Dispider with Dragreder feeding on the monster's essence. But once the fight ends, Ryuki is suddenly attacked by Knight, who beats him until Yui indirectly interferes and threatens to leave him.
Indebted to Ren for 30,000 yen after he paid for Shinji for the glass window Yui shattered to get their attention, Shinji later runs an errand for his boss, where Shinji encounters Shiro Kanzaki, who tells him to fight the other Riders, before finding Ren while he was hunting for a Megazelle incognito. The next day, Shinji visits Yui and recognizes the picture of her brother, believing that the Vent Decks were made to protect people from the Mirror World monsters, revealing that to be his reason for becoming a Kamen Rider.
After destroying a Gigazelle, Shinji starts to question Ren's methods after seeing Darkwing scaring a girl, unaware that she was being attacked by another Gigazelle. Later, after getting kicked out of his apartment as his rent was overdue, Shinji moves into ORE temporarily, causing much inconvenience to both himself and the company.
The next day, after a tussle with Ren and seeing that he might have a reason of his own to fight, Shinji is questioned if his resolve is strong enough to take a life, with Ren reminding him of the debt and it would be a shame if he can't pay back in full if dead. After which the two defeat a Megazelle and a Gigazelle.
But the fact that Riders must fight each other worries Shinji, remembering the ring he found on Ren during their tussle. He later learns that Reiko is hospitalized while investigating an antique shop due after finding a link between it and the missing person case, meeting detective Masashi Sudo before Reiko assigns him to continue her investigation on the owner Tomoyuki Kaga. While on his way to the store, he sensed a woman attacked by the Mirror Monster Volcancer, saving the woman and fighting the monster until Scissors arrives, with Ren later showing up to even the odds as Scissors retreats.
Believing that Scissors is Kaga, Shinji attempts to reason with the Rider, leaving his calling card to contacted. But Shinji falls for Sudou's trap, tricked into revealing Knight's identity as well as kidnap Yui. After barely enduring Scissors attack on him, Shinji learns that Kaga is not Scissors when his corpse is found by Ren who investigated the shop and finding Kaga plastered behind a wall. He later he meets up with Ren while he's chasing down Yui and her kidnapper, following him to find out that Scissors is Sudou, getting scolded for endangering Ren and Yui in his ideology.
Confronting Sudou, Shinji was about to fight him because of his evil actions until Ren arrives to settle things with Sudou. Shinji was forced to watch the two fight until Scissors is eaten alive by Volcancer, and he destroys Volcancer with his Final Vent, though he kept his ideals by not having Dragreder absorb the Mirror Monster's essence as Darkwing takes it while Knight explains there are more Riders left to defeat.
Later, while assisting Reiko in the interview a man named Togukawa Katsuhikaku on a golden crayfish, Shinji almost gets run over by a white car as he arrived in the Atori Cafe to meet Yui's grandmother who lets him move into Atori Cafe, encountering the driver Shuichi Kitaoka and grabbing him as before contacting the Sakura Company's thugs, unaware their identity and intent as he saves Kitaoka before escaping with him, disgusted by Kitaoka's methods as a lawyer. Though cornered, Kitaoka and Shinji were saved by the lawyer's apprentice Goro Yura as Shinji senses two Zebraskulls and battles one until it escaped, seeing the other destroyed by Kamen Rider Zolda.
Later, when Reiko believes that the river was polluted by Kawazu Pharmacy, resulting in both the crayfish and the haired-frog Toguwawa found, Shinji accompanies her to see the Pharmacy's representing lawyer, ironically which was Kitaoka. Soon after spending time with Kitaoka, Shinji spends the next day with the lawyer to write an article about him until he hit a nerve and was ordered to leave. Sensing the Zebraskull from before as it devours Togukawa, whose animals turned out to be fakes, Ryuki battles it until he finally destroys it.
But by that time, Zolda gets the drop on Ryuki who forced to fight him before he is forced to retreat. The next day, Shinji learns that Shimada is kidnapped last night and is sent to give the kidnapper the ransom, only to be attacked by him. However, the kidnapper is devoured by a Wildboarder and Shinji is arrested, forced to stay in jail as he can't explain what happened to the kidnapper without exposing himself and Shimada has no memory of her kidnapper.
However, when Reiko and Ren manage to get Kitaoka as his lawyer, he intended to incriminate him after learning that Shinji's actually a Rider. After his friends fire Kitaka, Shinji is freed thanks to the kidnapper's daughter Yukari, meeting her at the hospital with Kitaoka as she defends him before he drives off. But when Yukari is targeted by the Wildboarder, Ryuki joins Knight in a two-on-one fight on the Mirror Monster before Zolda arrives to take them all out.
Though Ryuki and Knight survived, Ren suffered memory loss as a result, not remembering the recent events over the year. Though told to leave him alone, Shinji follows Ren as he attempts to recover his memory, encountering every single person Ren had ever offended before he senses Zenobiter and is forced to leave Ren to fight the monster as Ren regains some of his memories. But once he kills the Mirror Monster, Shinji follows Ren to Semiin University before covering for him when they encounter some of Ren's enemies. By the time he finds Ren, he's with Yui with his memory completely restored as the two save the dying Professor Ejima from Terrabiter.
While investigating the Non-Stop Elevator rumor for its ties to the missing people, Shinji mistakenly believes that Zolda is Kitaoka's assistant Goro and chides him before sensing Deadlemur. But during the fight, Zolda intervenes and Ryuki was forced to fight back at the cost of seemingly killing Goro. Feeling guilty about it, Shinji quits being a Rider even if it meant that Dragreder would eat him. However, thanks to Ren exposing Kitaoka as the real Zolda, Shinji learns the truth and feels a weight lifted seeing Goro alive and resumes being a Rider with intentions of stopping the Rider War.
When asked to investigate Meirin University where rumors of masked men fighting took place, the chain of events led Shinji to meet its arrogant mastermind Jun Shibaura, who took his Dragreder card from him. But with the aid of a kindred spirit who also wants to end the war, Miyuki Tezuka, Shinji regains his card as Jun is briefly taken to jail. However, the appearance of the sadistic Takeshi Asakura in the fight results in the deaths of Jun and then Tezuka. Shinji's offers of friendship eventually win Ren over, even though they also maintained something of a rivalry afterward.
At the end of the series, he was stabbed in the back by a Raydragoon before he could transform while protecting a little girl. Shinji died with a devastated Ren by his side shortly afterwards following a fight with the Raydragoons. In the end, he declared to Ren that he finally found his desire as a Rider: To close the Mirror World. Bolstered by his dying words, Ren would go on to win the Rider War and bring Eri back to life.
Shinji's story, however, ends on a happy note. Kanzaki finally realized the futility of his single-minded obsession with his dead sister, and at her request finally ended the Rider War for good. Performing one last Time Vent, Shiro travels to the past. Instead of pictures of Monsters though, he and Yui would draw pictures of them living happily together in a beautiful world. Thus, the Rider War never happened, and the Riders lived happy new lives without needing to fight. Somehow, Shinji managed to change the Rider's fates in the end and achieved his wish to stop the fighting.
Recent crossovers reveal that he has somehow re-obtained his Ryuki deck and Dragredder, regaining his Rider powers. Whatever the reason, Shinji Kido will always be there, fulfilling his only desire of protecting others as Kamen Rider Ryuki.
Shinji Kido is a simple yet outgoing idealist with a hot-blooded personality. He is willing to go to great lengths to prevent any person from becoming a victim of the Rider Battle, choosing to fight for their sake rather than his own. Even when faced with a villainous Rider, Shinji hopes for their redemption, becoming genuinely saddened if they were to die. Disgusted with the idea of murdering someone, Shinji explicity refuses to commit such an act, no matter the situation. Notably, when tricked into believing that he had murdered Gorou, Shinji was consumed with guilt, nearly becoming suicidal in response. Upon learning the truth, Shinji shedded tears of joy, to the others' bewilderment.
Although essentially a kind man at heart, Shinji's naivety has, on many occasions, resulted in being manipulated by other people. This trait is considered by other Riders as a "trademark" feature of Shinji, as he is almost always so gullible that nearly anyone can take advantage of him. Unknowingly to Shinji though, his actions did indeed leave a profound effect on the other Riders, despite some initially criticizing his naivety. Both Ren and Shuichi themselves have admitted Shinji to be a good person, recognizing his selflessness.
On a more cheerful note, Shinji is quite proficient as a care-taker, temporarily acting as Shuichi's assistant with surprising efficiency. Evidently, Shinji is a skilled cook, with even Gorou impressed by his Gyoza, to the point of asking Shinji for the recipe.
Unlike most other Riders who participated in the Rider War, Shinji initially did not feel that he had any desires he wished to granted by being the victor. Thus, he often felt troubled when learning a participant's desire, questioning if he had the right to stop them from reaching their goals. Towards the end though, Shinji found that he had a desire all along; to close the Mirror World and stop the Rider War. While Shinji did not know if this desire was morally correct, he found it to be the one thing he would wish for if he won the Rider War. This is not to say that Shinji had forsaken his commitment to never take a life, but rather that he had understood the main reason for why he had been fighting all along: to protect others as Kamen Rider Ryuki.
Though unwilling to fight and kill people, Shinji gives his all when he fights Mirror Monsters. This is shown in him taking a deep breath before entering the Mirror World, and he often pumps his fist and shouts "Alright!" in battle. Despite his usual simple-minded personality, Shinji is capable of thinking of out-of-the-box strategies for taking down Mirror Monsters, leading Tezuka to label him as "unpredictable."
Later appearances in Kamen Rider/Super Sentai live-action productions
Kamen Rider 555: Cho Henshin Battle
Non-canon TV appearance
Kamen Rider Ryuki, in his Rider form, appears in episode 01, observing Natsumi Hikari from the Mirror World a few minutes before the world fusion disaster starts around her home.
Ryuki is one of the Kamen Riders who fight in the Rider battle tournament, secretly organized by Dai-Shocker in order to stop the fusion of worlds. He's shown fighting against Kamen Rider ZX and hitting him with a surprise attack using his ability to travel in and out of the Mirror World. Later, Ryuki along with the other Showa & Heisei Kamen Riders appears to help Decade against Dai-Shocker's monster army. He was seen slashing Worms and Orphnochs near Super-1. He was part of the All Riders Kick used to destroy Shadowmoon and Dai-Shocker's castle.
His official bio doesn't give his civilian name directly but describes him as a Rider who fought to protect people from Mirror Monsters and stop the Rider Battle between 13 Riders.
The Destroyer of Worlds
He later appears in episode 31, as one of Wataru Kurenai's companions, who antagonize Decade after he failed in his mission of saving the worlds. Ryuki is seen as one of the Riders who sees Diend shoot Decade at point-blank range. In the special version of episode 31, Ryuki is seen with Kiva on Castle Doran, they jump off and runoff. Ryuki is one of the few Riders who didn't die in the Rider War.
A mishap caused by the Greeed Ankh unintentionally altered the timeline which enabled Shocker to utilize the Core Medal to create the Shocker Greeed which defeated the Double Riders and seemingly erased the legacy of the Kamen Riders from history. In 2011, after Kamen Rider New Den-O's attempt to repair the damage, he along with Kamen Rider OOO and M-Ankh awaited execution. However, it was revealed the Double Riders had their brainwashing removed by a Shocker scientist.
The Double Riders joined with New Den-O and OOO to fight Shocker's forces but were eventually defeated. When the order was given to kill everyone, V3 suddenly appeared, asserting that there were more than four riders. V3 was soon followed by all the other revived riders that came after him, including Ryuki, as even though Rider's history was changed, the people's memories haven't changed.
After the riders were united, they faced off against Shocker's Great Leader. Later, when joined by a force of extra riders, Ryuki and all the other riders got on their motorcycles and performed the "All Rider Break", ramming into the Rock Great Leader and defeating it once and for all. OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
Although his human form isn't shown in the movie itself and he doesn't speak, Ryuki is confirmed to be Shinji Kido by the movie's official website.
Ryuki arrives alongside the other Riders and fights against the united Dai-Shocker and Dai-Zangyack army. Eventually, along some other Kamen Riders, he faced Doctor G, Dai-Shocker's highest commander. However, they were overwhelmed by Doctor G's Kani Laser form, which shoot lasers to repel their attacks. Ryuki, Blade and Decade received Reflect cards from the Super Sentai, Goseiger. After using the Reflequartz cards to reflect the lasers to Kani Laser himself, Ryuki used his Final Vent to destroy Narutaki, alongside Blade's and Decade's own final attacks.
- Though Ryuki didn't appear in human form, he had Shinji Kido's trademark victory cry and is described by the movie pamphlet as having fought to protect people from Mirror Monsters and stop the fighting of his fellow Riders.
Ryuki was part of a force of Rider and Sentai reinforcements led by Kamen Rider 1 and Akarenger that came to assist the Riders and Sentai of recent years who were overwhelmed by the revived monster army of the Space Crime Syndicate Madou. The combined forces of superheroes were able to turn the tide against the Madou army. They lined up and used their various finisher attacks to destroy the revived monsters.
After Demon King Psycho was destroyed and the battle was finally over, Ryuki appeared standing on a cliff with all the other heroes who appeared to help, to say goodbye to the heroes of recent years before taking their leave. [Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z]
Ryuki appeared in a special two-parter after the finale, The Kamen Rider Rings and Neverending Story. He appeared summoned by children from the World within the Magic Stone, commanded to attack Haruto's friends. Ryuki somehow gained the power to safely store other people in the Mirror World without having them disintegrate, which he uses to trick the children and save Haruto's friends. Before disappearing, he pleads to Wizard to help the children. He later appears with all the Heisei Riders from Kuuga to Fourze after being summoned by Amadum. After pretending to betray Haruto, Decade revealed that it was all a ploy to gather all the Heisei Riders to defeat Amadum. He and the other Heisei Riders would then battle Amadum's monsters, using Strike Vent to clear out Monster hordes and summoning Dragreder after declaring that they had ways of fighting gigantic enemies too. He would have his Advent Cards stolen by Amadum, but he regained his powers and transformed into Survive form, performing a triple Rider Kick alongside Faiz and Blade.
Despite the fact that it was not shown in the movie itself, Ryuki was killed by a Showa Rider and was turned into a lockseed.
Ryuki later appeared when Gaim and ZX released all of the Kamen Riders from their lockseeds. [Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai]
Due to the timeline alteration caused by Shocker, Ryuki became one of the brainwashed Riders in that timeline, donning the name of Shocker Rider Ryuki.
Following the Rider Grand Prix in which Drive emerged victorious over Rider 3, who was promptly integrated into the Great Leader of Shocker's Rider Robo form, Ryuki appeared alongside X-Rider, Stronger, ZX, Kabuto, Kiva and OOO to attack Drive while being caught in the crossfire as the Rider Robo joined the fray. Ultimately, the Double Riders 1 and 2 made their appearance having survived their apparent demise from within the Rider Robo, and broke Shocker's brainwashing on the fallen Riders, enabling all Riders to unite in a final battle against Shocker.
Unfortunately, Ryuki was among the Riders whose existence was erased by the Rider Robo. This fate, however, was rendered moot when the Rider Robo was finally destroyed by Shurikenjin Tridoron, restoring Ryuki's place in history.
Despite not appearing in the web-exclusive series, Ghost can use the power of 16 Heisei Riders, including Ryuki, with the Heisei Rider Damashii in the final episode.
Despite not appearing in the web-exclusive series, Ryuki and 13 Heisei Riders were the projections of the Ganbarizing Critical Strike.
An iteration of Ryuki Survive Form was summoned from the Game World as part of a team of five of the Strongest Kamen Riders alongside five of the Strongest Sentai Rangers by Kamen Rider Brave, helping to defeat the army of Shocker. [Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Chou Super Hero Taisen]
Chou Super Hero Taisen (promotional material)
Ryuki appeared as part of Team Legend Hero, an unofficial Game World team that did not participate in the Chou Super Hero Taisen tournament, exclusively featuring in a promotional conference for the film.
Among the first 18 Heisei Riders, Ryuki fought against numerous monsters in a melee briefly witnessed by Sento Kiryu before being caught in the crossfire as Kamen Rider Zi-O BuildArmor used his Vortex Time Break to wipe out his enemies. [Kamen Rider Build: Be The One]
Ryuki arrives alongside other Heisei main riders to assist Sougo Tokiwa and Kiryu Sento against the forces of Timejacker. He later is seen fighting alongside fellow fire users, Hibiki and Wizard. He was also seen fighting alongside fellow dragons Agito and Wizard. In the final battle against Another Ultimate Kuuga, Ryuki is riding Dragreder to attack giant kaijin from the air.
Though he was seemingly erased as a result of Asmodeus’ manipulations, he was restored back into existence once Touma Kamiyama had helped Shotaro regained his passion in drawing out the superheroes that he wants to draw out.
Appearances in other media
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Ryuki appears with all of his forms (including Blank Form) in Kamen Rider Ryuki video game. His Blank Form could be unlocked by completing the story mode for the second time and click L1+O when he is unlocked, and his Survive form could be unlocked by using Kamen Rider Knight Survive in arcade mode.
Kamen Rider Ryuki reappeared in Kamen Rider: Battride War II, summoned by Cinema along with the remaining Heisei Riders in order to create the "ultimate movie". Ryuki's stage was based on Kamen Rider Ryuki: Episode Final, with Kamen Rider Ryuga as his main enemy.
Ryuki's gameplay is now upgraded until the rest of the future Battride War games, such as regaining his original Final Vent on his Super Move; starting out using hand to hand combat mode, and can switch between this mode and Sword Vent Mode via holding , changing his normal ground and air attacks.
Kamen Rider Ryuki reappeared in Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis
Kamen Rider Super Live: Cho Henshin Battle
- Ryuki returns in the Stageshow of Faiz. He was turned into a stone statue by Bio Roid Dark, and is controlled to fight against Faiz, 1, 2 and V3.
Ryuki is a balanced fighter, who is able to utilize both a close-range and ranged fighting style. His special element is fire, given his dragon's augmentation to his armor. His Advent Cards further show the emphasis on versatility, with a decently powerful close-range weapon (Sword Vent) as well as a capable long-range weapon (Strike Vent). His Final Vent is a flying side kick called "Dragon Rider Kick", which is a playoff from the usual "Rider Kick" the original Kamen Riders used. While lacking any "special" cards like Gai's Confine Vent or Raia's Copy Vent, Shinji's unpredictable nature compensates for this, adapting to any situation and confusing his opponents simply by being himself.
In Survive Form, Ryuki gains a massive power boost, with few rivaling him in pure strength. His Advent Cards similarly enhanced, Ryuki Survive Form can easily defeat several Mirror Monsters with Shoot Vent alone, using Dragreder (as Dragranzer) to execute his Meteorbullet attack. His Drag-Visor also evolves into the gunblade Drag-visorzwei, utilized as both a sword and a marker for the Shoot Vent as well . Furthermore, having gained the Strange Vent card, Ryuki Survive Form is also able to take his opponents off-guard via a myriad of means, granting him several advantages in battle. His new Final Vent, the "Dragon Firestorm", is a powerful Rider Break, in which Dragranzer becomes a bike for Ryuki to attack with.
Shinji, having no fighting experience whatsoever at the start of the war, visibly struggled against the Mirror Monsters, being nearly defeated on several occasions. Similarly, refusing to fatally harm others, Shinji fared poorly when facing a participant in the Rider War, barely holding his own. With each battle though, Shinji slowly became more and more adept as Ryuki, overwhelming powerful foes such as Takeshi Asakura/Kamen Rider Ouja, Hajime Nakamura/Alternative, and Sano Mitsuru/Kamen Rider Imperor without assistance.
By the end of the Rider War, Shinji becomes more than capable of facing any foe he encounters, subduing Ren Akiyama/Kamen Rider Knight (Survive Form), and Dark Shinji/Kamen Rider Ryuga when strongly motivated. Even against Kamen Rider Odin, who was specifically created by Shiro to be unbeatable in the Rider War, Shinji not only countered Odin's close combat attacks, but ultimately defeated him with Knight and Yui's aid.
17 years later in Kamen Rider Zi-O, Shinji is shown to have retained his skills as a Kamen Rider, though somewhat hampered by amnesia. Upon regaining his full memories, Shinji's determination proved enough to have the upper hand against Tatsuya Kano/Another Ryuki in single combat, despite sharing the same powers with one another and Shinji's attempts to stop Tatsuya through words.
Kamen Rider Ryuki
Shinji transforms into Kamen Rider Ryuki through his Card Deck and his V Buckle.
- Punching Power: 2.5 t.[note 1]
- Kicking Power: 5 t.[note 2]
- Resistance: 15 t. with Ride Shield[note 3]
- Maximum Jump Height: 10 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 8 sec.
- Ride Saber: 15 t.[note 4]
Blank Form (ブランク体, Buranku-tai) is the form Ryuki takes when he does not have a Contract Monster. He possesses a generic arm-mounted Visor named the Ridevisor and a single Advent Card that summons the Ridesaber, a fragile sword that shattered upon its first use. It is much weaker than any of his other forms and any of the other Riders, though it still allows him to be in the Mirror World without disintegrating. Shinji began the series in this form before he contracted Dragreder, and reverted back to it when his Contract Card was stolen by Kamen Rider Gai.
This form consists of the following parts:
- R Signal (Rシグナル, Aru Shigunaru): It plays the role of a radar sensor and detects and notifies the position and existence of the Mirror Monster, but its sensitivity is low because it does not have a contract with the monster.
- Solid Face Shield (ソリッドフェイスシールド, Soriddo Feisu Shīrudo): A face protector made of special material Armetal (アーメタル, Āmetaru).
- Red Eye (レッドアイ, Reddo Ai): A red compound eyes behind the Solid Face Shield. Ryuki can see targets 5 km away. It has infrared eyesight, and by signing a contract with a monster, those functions are fully demonstrated.
- Granmail (グランメイル, Guranmeiru): A specially strengthened skin that covers the wearer's body, allowing him to stay in the Mirror World for 9 minutes and 55 seconds. If the Rider have a contract with Mirror Monster, he can maximize the human ability. This form Granmail is blue gray.
- Force Bone (フォース・ボーン, Fōsu Bōn): A three-line control organ that is located in the center of the body, on both arms, and the back of legs, and has the role of distributing the power throughout the body in a well-balanced manner. By the action of this organ, the surplus energy is released to the outside, and only the appropriate energy is preserved.
- Chest: The most defensive part of Kamen Rider. If the Rider sign a contract with Mirror Monster, he will be stronger and will be able to withstand drops from high altitudes and water pressure of 10,000 m in the deep sea.
- Zippetto Thread (ジペット・スレッド, Jipetto Sureddo): A remote control device points for manipulating Contract Monster at will. However, since he does not have a contract with Mirror Monster, it will not be used. It is equipped in a total of 10 places on the arms (the left side behind Ride Visor), shoulder armors, back, waist (V-Buckle), and knees.
- Black Armor (ブラックアーマー, Burakku Āmā): A protective equipment made of Armetal mounted on the Granmail (arm and leg). Made of a strong material comparable to diamond, it is extremely sturdy and protects the legs from severe impact.
- Knuckle (ナックル, Nakkuru): A panel made of Armetal that covers the back of the hand.
- RegBlack (レッグブラック, Regguburakku): The black part of the shoes. It has an excellent instantaneous destructive power and associated impact resistance.
- Punching Power: 10 t.[note 5]
- Kicking Power: 20 t.[note 6]
- Resistance: 100 t. with Dragshield[note 7][note 8]
- Maximum Jump Height: 35 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5 sec.
- Dragsaber: 100 t.[note 9]
- Dragclaw: 100 t.[note 9]
- Ryumuzan: 100 t.[note 9]
- Dragon Break: 150 t.[note 10]
- Dragon Bakuen Tsuki: 300 t.[note 10]
- Dragon Rider Kick: 300 t.[note 11]
- Double Rider Kick: 350 t. with Agito[note 12]
- Advent: Dragreder: 250 t.[note 13]
Shinji can transform into Ryuki's default form using his Card Deck and V Buckle upon forming a contract with Dragreder. He is now equipped with the Dragvisor on his left arm and possesses a variety of Advent Cards. In comparison to the other Riders, his parameters are balanced.
Through the use of his Sword Vent Advent Card, Ryuki can arm himself with the Dragsaber (ドラグセイバー, Doragu Seibā), a sword derived from Dragreder's tail. His Strike Vent arms him with the Dragclaw (ドラグクロー, Doragu Kurō), a gauntlet capable of shooting fireballs that is derived from Dragreder's head. With the Dragclaw, Ryuki can perform the Dragclaw Fire (ドラグクローファイヤー, Doragu Kurō Faiyā) attack with Dragreder, in which he and Dragreder each launch a fireball at the opponent. His Guard Vent equips him with the Dragshield (ドラグシールド, Doragu Shīrudo), two shields derived from segments of Dragreder's body that can be held by hand or mounted on Ryuki's shoulders.
By using his Final Vent, Ryuki can execute his finisher, the Dragon Rider Kick (ドラゴンライダーキック, Doragon Raidā Kikku), in which he jumps into the air with Dragreder flying behind him. Dragreder then breathes fire at Ryuki, propelling him into a flying kick that strikes the enemy.Appearances: Ryuki Episodes 2-49, Episode Final, 13 Riders, Ryuki vs Kamen Rider Agito, All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, Super Hero Taisen, Super Hero Taisen Z, Wizard Episodes 52-53, Kamen Rider Taisen, Super Hero Taisen GP, Be The One, Heisei Generations FOREVER, Rider Time: Kamen Rider Ryuki Episodes 1 and 3, Kamen Rider Zi-O: Over Quartzer, Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation, Kamen Rider Saber ＋ Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger: Superhero Senki
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 15 t.[note 4]
- Kicking Power: 25 t.[note 14]
- Resistance: 200 t. with Firewall[note 15]
- Maximum Jump Height: 45 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 4.5 sec.
- Dragblade: 150 t.[note 10]
- Meteorbullet: 200 t.[note 16]
- Shadow Illusion: 100 t.[note 17]
- Hiryu Bakurendan: 350 t.[note 18]
- Burningsaber: 350 t.[note 19]
- Dragon Fire Storm: 450 t.[note 20]
- Advent: Dragranzer: 350 t.[note 21]
Kamen Rider Ryuki Survive (仮面ライダー龍騎サバイブ, Kamen Raidā Ryūki Sabaibu) is Ryuki's final form, assumed by using the Survive Rekka Advent Card. The Survive Rekka card transforms the Dragvisor into the the Dragvisorzwei, which Ryuki uses to transform into Survive Form and read Advent Cards. Transforming into Survive Form also causes Dragreder to transform into Dragranzer. Survive Form enhances all of Ryuki's stats, allowing him to surpass all other Riders, with the exception of those who are also using a Survive Advent Card, such as Knight Survive and Odin.
Using the Sword Vent Advent Card converts the Dragvisorzwei to a blade mode named the Dragblade (ドラグブレード, Doragu Burēdo).The Dragvisorzwei can also function as a ranged weapon by shooting fireballs. By using the Shoot Vent, Ryuki can perform the Meteorbullet (メテオバレット, Meteo Buretto) attack alongside Dragranzer, in which he and Dragranzer each launch a fireball at the opponent.
By using his Final Vent, Ryuki Survive can perform his finisher, the Dragon Fire Storm (ドラゴンファイヤーストーム, Doragon Faiyā Sutōmu), which transforms Dragranzer into a bike for Ryuki to ride. Ryuki drives toward the enemy and performs a wheelie, followed by Dragranzer shooting several fireballs at the opponent from its mouth. Finally, Ryuki slams into the opponent, destroying it.Appearances: Ryuki Episodes 34-37, 39-41, 45-49, Episode Final, 13 Riders, Wizard Episode 53, Kamen Rider Zi-O: Over Quartzer, Kamen Rider Saber ＋ Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger: Superhero Senki
- Main article: Dragreder (Ryuki)
- Card Deck - Transformation device and Advent Card holder
- V Buckle - Transformation belt
- Advent Cards - Trinkets that enable a Rider to summon Contract Monsters, access equipment, and use special abilities
- Gosei Cards - Allows Ryuki to utilize the Tensou power of the Goseigers, one was loaned to him by Gosei Black
- Ridevisor - Ryuki Blank Form's Visor that enables him to use Advent Cards
- Dragvisor - Ryuki's Visor that enables him to use Advent Cards
- Dragvisorzwei - Upgraded version of the Dragvisor used to transform into Ryuki Survive
- Rideshooter - Motorcycle used by any Rider to enter the Mirror World
- Dragranzer Bike Mode - Serves as Ryuki Survive's bike
Legend Rider Devices
- KamenRide: Ryuki (カメンライドリュウキ, Kamenraido Ryūki): Transforms Decade into Ryuki's default form. Regained when Tsukasa and Shinji worked together to defeat Kamen Rider Abyss. [Super Trick of the Real Criminal]
- KamenRide: Ryuki Survive (カメンライドリュウキサバイブ, Kamenraido Ryūki Sabaibu): Summons Kamen Rider Ryuki Survive, armed with the Dragvisorzwei. Using the Final AttackRide: Ryuki card allows Decade to execute a Burningsaber-style attack alongside Ryuki Survive.
- FormRide: Ryuki Blank Form (フォームライドリユウキブランクフォーム, Fōmuraido Ryūki Buranku Fōmu): Transforms Decade into Ryuki's Blank Form.
These cards allow Decade to perform any of their own attacks, Decade is also able to use any signature attacks of whatever Kamen Rider he has transformed into.
- AttackRide: Ryuki Strike Vent (アタックライドリュウキストライクベント, Atakkuraido Ryūki Sutoraiku Bento): As Ryuki, Decade summons the Dragclaw. Unlike the original Ryuki, it is not used alongside Dragreder.
- AttackRide: Ryuki Advent (アタックライドリュウキアドベント, Atakkuraido Ryūki Adobento): As Ryuki, Decade summons Dragreder. First used in Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen.
- AttackRide: Ryuki Guard Vent (アタックライドリュウキガードベント, Atakkuraido Ryūki Gādo Bento): As Ryuki, Decade summons the Dragshield. Used in Kamen Rider Battride War.
- Final FormRide: Ryuki Dragreder (ファイナルフォームライドリュウキドラグレッダー, Fainaru Fōmuraido Ryūki Doragureddā): Transforms Ryuki into Dragreder.
- Final AttackRide: Ryuki (ファイナルアタックライドリュウキ, Fainaru Attakuraido Ryūki): With Ryuki Dragreder flying behind to boost his attack's power, Decade performs the Decade Dragoon which is similar to Ryuki's Final Vent, the Dragon Rider Kick.
Ryuki Medal (龍騎メダル, Ryūki Medaru): The O Medal based on Kamen Rider Ryuki.
- Ryuki Lockseed (龍騎ロックシード, Ryūki Rokkushīdo): Allows the user to transform into Ryuki Arms, equipped with the Dragsaber. The core image depicts the V Buckle while the lid backside image depicts the Dragreder Advent Card. Zangetsu/Mars/jam-styled Lockseed.
- Ryuki Survive Lockseed (龍騎サバイブロックシード, Ryūki Sabaibu Rokkushīdo): Allows the user to transform into the Survive Form version of Ryuki Arms. The core image depicts the V Buckle while the lid backside image depicts the Survive Rekka Advent Card. Uniquely-styled Lockseed. When activated, this Lockseed announces "Survive" (サバイブ, Sabaibu).
Ryuki Ghost Eyecon (龍騎ゴースト眼魂, Ryūki Gōsuto Aikon) is one of the 16 title Kamen Riders' Ghost Eyecons. It shows the number R03 on its Startup Time setting, Ryuki's face on its Transformation Time setting, and Ryuki's symbol on its Move Invocation Time setting.
- "(Digital beeping) Ryuki!"
- ―Activation announcement[src]
Ryuki Ridewatch (龍騎ライドウォッチ, Ryūki Raidowotchi): Based on Kamen Rider Ryuki, this Ridewatch provides access to the RyukiArmor used by Zi-O. It is dated A.D 2002.
Ryuki Survive Ridewatch (龍騎サバイブライドウォッチ, Ryūki Sabaibu Raidowotchi): Based on Kamen Rider Ryuki Survive, this Ridewatch would provide access to a corresponding Rider Armor. It is dated 2002, but shown on the Ziku-Driver's screen as FIN.
Another Ryuki Watch (アナザー龍騎ウォッチ, Anazā Ryūki Wotchi): A twisted version of the Ryuki Ridewatch used to transform into Another Ryuki.
- ―Activation announcement[src]
Ryuki in Mirror World Wonder Ride Book (龍騎インミラーワールドワンダーライドブック, Ryūki In Mirā Wārudo Wandā Raido Bukku) is based on Kamen Rider Ryuki and his forms. The book's name is shortened to "Ryuki" in the Swordriver's announcements.
- "Komodo Dragon! (コモドドラゴン！, Komodo Doragon!)"
- ―Activation announcement[src]
(バディアップ！この世！Oh my God! 現世の竜こと！コモドドラゴン！戦わなければ生きものでない！, Badi Appu! Konoyo! Oh my god! Gense no ryū koto! Komodo Doragon! Tatakawanakereba ikimonodenai!, Translation: Buddy Up! This world! Oh my god! This world's dragon! Komodo Dragon! If you don't fight, you won't be a living thing!)"
Komodo Dragon Vistamp (コモドドラゴンバイスタンプ, Komodo Doragon Baisutanpu): Allows Destream to access his Komodo Dragon Genomix. It contains the genetic information of a Komodo dragon and is based on Kamen Rider Ryuki.
- Yui Kanzaki: The two being good friends, Shinji did his best to defend Yui as Ryuki. When learning of Yui's upcoming demise, Shinji was devastated, nearly committing mass-murder to save her. Yui convinced him otherwise though, saying that she did not want anyone else to suffer for her sake. Respecting Yui's wishes, Shinji at one point told Shiro off, stating that he should be listening to Yui if he truly loved her as his sister.
- Ren Akiyama/Kamen Rider Knight: From Ren's hostile attitude, Shinji had an uneasy relationship with him, their overall "alliance" being generally unstable. Slowly though, Ren began to recognize Shinji as an ally, accepting his kindness as genuine. Upon Shinji's demise, Ren finally realized how much their friendship meant, even weeping while begging Shinji not to die.
- Dragreder: In their first encounter, Dragreder viewed Shinji as simple prey, attempting to consume him entirely. Once Shinji gained Ryuki's powers, Dragreder became his servant, assisting Shinji if summoned. However, still retaining his hostility, Dragreder swiftly attacked Shinji whenever the latter acted indecisively, being enraged by his reluctant attitude. Yet, as the two continued to fight alongside each other, Dragreder gradually learnt to trust Shinji as his master, arriving in later battles on his own accord to save Shinji.
- Shuichi Kitaoka/Kamen Rider Zolda: Shinji is normally annoyed with Shuichi's snobbish attitude, though willing to fight alongside him if needed. Shuichi in turn, saw Shinji as a foolish weakling, believing his benevolence to be shallow. Gradually though, Shuichi begins to recognize Shinji's nobleness as genuine, admitting as much near death.
- Miyuki Tezuka/Kamen RIder Raia: Being the few Kamen Riders in the Rider War who fought to protect others, Shinji and Miyuki quickly became allies. When Miyuki sacrificed himself to save Shinji, the latter was horrified. His determination strengthened from Miyuki's death, Shinji declared to Odin that he would not let his friend's sacrifice be in vain.
- Shiro Kanzaki: Recognizing Shiro as Yui's brother, Shinji initially viewed him as a good person, becoming Ryuki partly to support this belief. Upon learning the truth though, Shinji became frustrated with Shiro, disgusted at the countless lives lost from the Rider War. Eventually, angered by Shiro's continued apathy to Yui's plight, Shinji verbally scolded him, pointing out his failure to understand how hurt Yui was from Shiro's actions.
- Takeshi Asakura/Kamen Rider Ouja: Shinji saw Takeshi as a ruthless and dangerous person, though with a slight hope for his redemption. Irritated by Shinji's good nature, Takeshi saw Shinji as a foolish foe & rival, mocking him at one point alongside Ren and Shuichi. Despite seeing Shinji as an idiot however, Takeshi did also appear to recognize Shinji's prowess as a Rider, expressing joy when fighting him.
- Masashi Sudo/Kamen Rider Scissors: to be added
- Jun Shibara/Kamen Rider Gai: to be added
- Satoru Tojo/Kamen Rider Tiger: to be added
- Mitsuru Sano/Kamen Rider Imperer: to be added
- Kamen Rider Odin: to be added
Behind the scenes
Shinji Kido is portrayed by Takamasa Suga (須賀 貴匡, Suga Takamasa). As Kamen Rider Ryuki, his suit actor was Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二, Takaiwa Seiji), who has been the suit actor for the majority of leading Heisei Kamen Riders (except Kuuga and Hibiki).
As the leading Rider protagonist of Kamen Rider Ryuki, Shinji Kido (Kamen Rider Ryuki) is labeled Kamen Rider #18 (仮面ライダー18号, Kamen Raidā Jūhachigō) and Heisei Rider #3 (平成ライダー3号, Heisei Raidā Sangō). [Quiz! Decade Countdown!!]
- In the latest interview on promoting Complete Selection Model of V Buckle, Takamasa Suga stated at the time he did the voice for the scene where Ryuki Blank Form broke his sword, he didn't realize the scene was intentional and surprisingly thought that the suit actor (Seiji Takaiwa) accidentally broke the sword prop. It was from this moment that Takamasa Suga informed by the director what kind of personality and characteristic that he should use when playing as Ryuki.
- Shinji and Ren's pre-transformation poses harken back to the ones performed by the Double Riders, hinting their team-up as partners (Shinji with Rider 1 and Ren with Rider 2). This was even confirmed by both actors in the interview for promoting the CSM V Buckle.
- According to All Rider Net movie, Shinji is an Aries with type-B blood.
- On the official production poster of Kamen Rider Zi-O, Ryuki is seen wearing a Decadriver instead of his own V Buckle. As a result of this "error", Toei fixed it by releasing a second version of the poster, which has the other Riders covering Ryuki's waist.
- Alongside Kazuma Kenzaki/Kamen Rider Blade, Shinji is the only primary Rider to never murder another sapient creature in-series, solely vanquishing the feral Mirror Monsters.
- The sole exception to this would be Dark Shinji in Episode Final.
- Kit Taylor - counterpart in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. See comparison page. (Earth)
- Adam - counterpart in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. See comparison page. (Ventara)
- Shinji Tatsumi - The user of the Kamen Rider Ryuki powers in Kamen Rider Decade.
- Revival Day
- The Final 3 Days
- The Traitorous Ren
- The Battle Ends
- Targeted Yui
- Glassy Happiness
- Determination of Battle
- Kamen Rider Ryuki: Episode Final
- The Final 3 Days
- Granting a Wish
- TV Asahi. (2002). Kamen Rider Ryuki.
- Advent Card: EX-003.
- Advent Card: EX-012.
- Advent Card: Dragreder
- Advent Card: Trick Vent.
- Advent Card: EX-017.
- Advent Card: EX-018.
- Advent Card: Dragranzer.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- 50 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 100 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 300 GP, conversion: 1 GP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 300 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 200 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 400 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 2000 GP, conversion: 1 GP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 150 t. with Tornade Defense, 3000 GP, conversion: 1 GP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 2000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 3000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "3o" defined multiple times with different content
- 6000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 7000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 5000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 500 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 4000 GP, conversion: 1 GP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 4000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 2000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 7000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 7000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 9000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 7000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.