|This article is about a/an ally/device in Kamen Rider Drive.|
Based on a ninja hotrod, Shift Midnight Shadow (シフトミッドナイトシャドー Shifuto Middonaito Shadō) is a sentient Type Speed Shift Car which allows Kamen Rider Drive to gain the Midnight Shadow Shift Tire, granting him enhanced stealth capabilities that enable him to duplicate himself and the ability to throw energy shuriken. By itself, it can attack by shooting energy shuriken and creating copies of itself.
Alongside Funky Spike and Max Flare, Midnight Shadow was one of the three Tire Exchange Shift Cars used by Shinnosuke Tomari when he first became Drive. As such, they would typically seen on the Shift Car Holder he wore on the strap of his Drive Driver, with the Shift Cars protecting him from Heavy Acceleration.
- Kamen Rider Drive (Drive Episodes 1, 2, 5, 6, 10, Type HIGH SPEED, Ninninger Vs. Drive, Super Hero Taisen GP, Drive 30)
- Tridoron/Booster Tridoron (Episode 2, Kamen Rider 4)
- Ride Chaser (Episode 45)
During the Global Freeze of April 2014, Midnight Shadow fought with its fellow Shift Cars under the lead of Kamen Rider Protodrive, to stop the Roidmude revolution occuring in Japan. During the battle, Midnight Shadow personally destroyed the body of the Spider Type Roidmude 012. The Shift Car was, however, unable to terminate the Roidmude's Core and so its opponent ultimately survived the encounter.
Six months after the Global Freeze, Midnight Shadow was brought forth by Mr. Belt alongside Max Flare and Funky Spike to protect Shinnosuke Tomari from Roidmude 029. Following Max Flare, Midnight Shadow was sent again with Funky Spike by Kiriko Shijima to assist Shinnosuke, who had transformed into the new Kamen Rider Drive, against 029. Finally, Midnight Shadow came last in the succession of Drive's first three Tire Exchanges. Assuming the form of Type Speed Shadow, Drive performed its special attack to destroy the body of Roidmude 088, whose Core was soon after destroyed once it collided with 042.
Drive next used Midnight Shadow along with Max Flare and Funky Spike as a Tire Enchancement for Tridoron to destroy Roidmudes 093 and 071. Immediately after, Drive assumed Type Speed Shadow as he engaged 029, now the Iron Roidmude, before switching to Justice Hunter to destroy him permanently.
Midnight Shadow was first in a succession of Tire Exchanges assumed by Drive Type Speed as he first fought the Imitation Drive.
Not long after the Ninninger crossover, Drive used Type Speed Shadow as he fought Roidmude 102, performing the Full Throttle Speedrop to destroy the Roidmude's Core. Immediately after, Shocker used its History Modifying Machine to reshape the timeline to one which saw Earth dominated by the organization, with Drive and the Special Investigation Unit initially serving as a Shocker Rider before defecting. Fittingly, Midnight Shadow appeared following the Ninningers' arrival to the final battle against Shocker, carrying the Tridoron Nin Shuriken as a gift from Yoshitaka Igasaki. This Nin Shuriken had the effect of transforming Drive's Tridoron into an OtomoNin which combined with the Ninningers' Shuriken Sentai Shurikenjin, allowing them to destroy the Rider Robo and restore the timeline.
Shift Super Midnight Shadow
Shift Super Midnight Shadow (シフトスーパーミッドナイトシャドー Shifuto Sūpā Middonaito Shadō) is a hypothetical cosmetic upgrade of Shift Midnight Shadow, following the example set by Shift High Speed and Shift Mega Max Flare.
- As with the majority of the "upgraded" Shift Cars, Super Midnight Shadow exists only as a sound programmed into the DX Drive Driver.
- The second finisher of Type Speed Shadow is a powerful version of the Speedrop with Tridoron, only Drive uses Midnight Shadow's cloning powers to bombard it from every direction. This finisher is exclusive to Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3.
- Turn Slash (ターンスラッシュ Tān Surasshu): To activate this attack, Drive must load a Shift Car into the Handle-Ken's Shift Landing Panel (シフトランディングパネル Shifuto Randingu Paneru) behind its blade.
- Midnight Shadow: When Drive slashes, a giant energy shuriken is shot at the enemy.
- Trailer Impact (トレーラーインパクト Torērā Inpakuto): While assuming Type Formula, or its Tire Exchanges, Drive inserts Shift Formula into the Shift Landing Slot before loading two other Shift Cars into the Shutter Gate Panel so that he may fire an enhanced projectile shot at the enemy.
- Speed & Midnight Shadow: Fires rapid energy bullets.