|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Blade.|
|"It's because of this rushed Rider System, that my body...is falling apart!"|
|―Saukya's infamous quote from the series[src]|
Sakuya Tachibana (橘 朔也 Tachibana Sakuya) is Kamen Rider Garren (仮面ライダーギャレン Kamen Raidā Gyaren, Masked Rider Garren), the second Rider to appear in the Kamen Rider Blade series. Sakuya was the second wearer chosen by the BOARD organization to use the very first Rider System they created, transforming him into Kamen Rider Garren. The first was his senior, Kiryu.
- 1 Personality
- 2 Biography
- 3 Post series and other events
- 3.1 Blade vs Blade
- 3.2 Day After Tomorrow
- 3.3 Kamen Rider Decade
- 3.4 OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
- 3.5 Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3
- 3.6 Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER
- 4 Appearances in other media
- 4.1 OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders: ~Let's Look! Only Your 48 Riders~
- 4.1.1 Type8. - The Strange Has a Match Strangely!
- 4.1.2 Type16. - The Destroyer Destroys the Match!
- 4.1.3 Type24. - I'll Investigate This Match!
- 4.1.4 Type32. - The 13th Fights Infinitely!
- 4.1.5 Type38. - Lucky Food, Let Me Say This to Start!
- 4.1.6 Type40. - The Match Ignores the Way of the Knight!
- 4.1.7 Type48. - Searching for a Great Treasure Over the Match!
- 4.2 Kamen Rider Fourze the Net Edition: Everyone, Class is Here!
- 4.1 OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders: ~Let's Look! Only Your 48 Riders~
- 5 Video Game appearances
- 5.1 Kamen Rider Blade (video game)
- 5.2 All Kamen Rider Series
- 5.3 Climax Heroes Series
- 5.4 Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
- 5.5 Kamen Rider Battle Ganbarizing
- 5.6 Kamen Rider Battride War series
- 5.7 Kamen Rider Batton-Line
- 5.8 Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes
- 5.9 Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
- 5.10 Battle Spirits
- 5.11 Kamen Rider City Wars
- 6 Forms
- 7 Equipment
- 8 Legend Rider Devices
- 9 Behind the scenes
- 10 Notes
- 11 Appearances
- 12 References
- 13 External Links
Sakuya Tachibana kind at heart and a well-meaning person. Though somewhat serious and stern at times, if slightly awkward, Sakuya is shown to be truly determined in helping those in need. When BOARD had suddenly collapsed though, along with being tasked to use a prototype Rider System, Sakuya became riddled with doubt and fear, convinced that the Garren Buckle was causing his body to slowly break down. This had caused him to become somewhat bitter and cynical. Sakuya did however continue to fight against the Undeads whenever he could, feeling compelled to protect the innocent.
Eventually , upon learning about the true cause of his body's slow breakdown, Sakuya tried to quit being a Kamen Rider all together. When realizing this cannot be done, he then resorted to using a special drug to calm his fears. This resulted in Sakuya becoming highly aggressive and addicted to the drug. When Sayoko Fukasawa (Sakuya's girlfriend) died at the hands of the Peacock Undead , Sakuya realized that he had been blinded by his insecurities. Filled with remorse, Sakuya decided to faced his fears head on, defeating the Peacock Undead and avenging Sayoko.
Though having conquered his addiction and previous fears by then, Sakuya was still shaken by Sayoko's death and felt unworthy to be a Kamen Rider. However, when his senior Kiryu went berserk as Kamen Rider Leangle, Sakuya decided to use the Garren Buckle once more to stop him. Kiryu, when fatally wounded by brainwashed Undeads, convinced Sakuya in his dying breath to continue protecting others as Kamen Rider Garren.
Later, as Sakuya continues to fight alongside Kazuma Kenzaki/Kamen Rider Blade, Hajime Aikawa/Kamen Rider Chalice, and Mutsuki Kamijo/Kamen Rider Leangle, he shows a more concerned, nice and friendly disposition, qualities that he had always had within himself but were initially suppressed. His love towards his friends and people in general became more pronounced, as his growing courage.
In the novel Kamen Rider Blade: Twilight, Sakuya is revealed to have become the head of BOARD, now using the company's resources to help others. According to the author of the novel, after the events of Kamen Rider Blade, Sakuya became determined to help Kazuma regain his mortality, going far as voluntarily experimenting on his own body, which turned him into a pseudo Undead. Despite decades having passed, Sakuya is still concerned about his friend, continuing his experiments with Undead DNA and keeping tabs on Kazuma whenever possible.
Sakuya was originally a researcher of the Humanity Foundation who graduated from the Sazahaibu University and was selected to be the user of Rider System 01 after Go Kiryu was found to be incompatible with the system. By the start of the series, Sakuya begins to suffer a form of cellular breakdown with only sealing the Undead slowing down the process. That, combined with his feelings towards Kazuma being his backup when he can't manage it, Sakuya blames Karasuma for his condition. When he attempted in vain to seal the Locust Undead, Sakuya is forced to abduct Karasuma just prior to the Undead attacking BOARD. Though he intended to get the answers he needs, Karasuma was in a coma and put on life support with Sakuya safeguarding him until Hirose finds him. Though he leaves Karasuma in her care, it was revealed that the "Karasuma" he safeguarded was only a decoy. After his doctor and dear friend Sayoko Fukasawa relays Karasuma's message, that his subconscious fear is causing the breakdown, Sakuya encounters Isaka, the Peacock Undead, who personally attempts to retrieve him for his Leangle project. After escaping Isaka, Kotaro manages to talk Sakuya to not to let his fear control him though Sakuya denies that. He arrives to save Blade from the Trilobite Undead, however Garren's fusion rate goes down during his fight with the Undead. After being saved, Sakuya begs Karasuma for a means to be free of his fear, but Karasuma say he can't.
Though Sakuya attempts to resume a normal life by dating Sayoko, the Zebra Undead forces him to reveal himself as a Rider in front of Sayoko before vainly fighting the Undead before Blade arrives to aid him. In spite of Sayoko asking him to leave with her, Sakuya turns her down. While at BOARD's original location, Sakuya vainly battles the Peacock Undead, who defeats Garren and takes him with the intent to have Sakuya work for him by removing him of his fears with exposure to Schuld Kestner seaweed, an extinct plant that intensifies the aggressive nature of the subject. Though he became more aggressive and worked under Isaka for more of the seaweed, Sakuya was unaware of the eventual damage it would do to his nervous system. Though Sayoko warned him in vain, Sakuya shrugged it off until he learned that Isaka had murdered Sayoko for meddling in his affairs, defeating the Peacock Undead and sealed him. Later, as his way of repenting for being manipulated by an Undead, Sakuya takes Mutsuki under his wing.
During the final few episodes, Kamen Rider Garren came face to face with the Category King of Diamonds and battled it out with him. The Undead told him that if he was sealed, Joker would be declared winner and that all of humanity would suffer because of his choice. Garren discarded this and answered, "I will believe in my friends." The battle ended with Garren nowhere to be found and the King Undead sealed leaving the Joker as the winner however, it would cause an unintentional death of billion species due to Joker's uncontrollable Undead nature. He is found upon the arrival of the Chief telling Kazuma that he was saved because of him. He arrived and assisted an unarmed Blade King Form, finished off the remaining Black Roach Undeads with the King Rouzer, and wished him good luck against Hajime. Due to his Rider system still being broken, Sakuya fought multiple Black Roach Undeads alone as a normal person while waiting for Kazuma to stop Hajime's suffering. After all Black Roach Undeads suddenly disappear, he and Mutsuki went to the forest where Kazuma and Hajime fought, only to find Hajime alone who is trying to follow Kazuma but lost track of him. They soon realized that Kazuma has become an Undead and disappeared in order to prevent himself from fighting Hajime in person again. After Kazuma's disappearance, Sakuya sees a photo of Kazuma together with him and remembered their good times, prior to Kazuma becoming an Undead.
Post series and other events
Blade vs Blade
Sakuya as Kamen Rider Garren appears in the recopilation archive footage among other main Rider,is view briefly his finisher Burning Divide.
Sakuya and Mutsuki appears as witness in the battle Kazuma against Fake Blade, confused the why are there two Kazumas Sakuya viewed how Mutsuki attack by error to real Kazuma, in the Sakuya turn he uses his Garren Rouzer and how he knew kenzaki long ago According to him, he knew who was the real one and who was not, but ends up shooting him by mistake. Due to Hajime's unexpected help to differentiate to the two Blades, he and Mutsuki give their Rouse cards and they were surprised because the Kenzaki Jack Form and King Form are view the same time ,Sakuya and Mutsuki view how the real Blade destroyed the imitation for later made a little discussion with Musuki that what card Kenzaki help first.
After the end of the Battle Fight in the TV series, Sakuya as Garren appears riding the red Rhombus to give the Rouzer cards to Hajime and Mutsuki to fight againts the fake Blade. He explains that he and Chief Karasuma were conducting an investigation into how to turn Kazuma and Hajime into humans by creating a new Undead from Chameleon DNA, but the new Chameleon Undead stole all the BOARD Riders information. The Chameleon Undead transforms into King Form and brutally defeats the Riders. However, they are saved by the arrival of a Joker Undead, who they quickly deduce is not Hajime due to his lack of scarring. Acting quickly, Sakuya quickly tosses the Joker the Blay Buckle, allowing Kenzaki to use his Rouse Cards in order to seal the false Rider. After the crisis resolved, all Blade items were found neatly left on the floor.
Kamen Rider Decade
Kamen Rider Garren Jack Form appears with other kamen Riders commanded by Wataru Kurenai ,but all are murdered by Decade in the episode 1 of Kamen Rider Decade in the dream of Natsumi Hikari and then conclude the dream with Decade as only Rider in the Rider War.
The Destroyer of Worlds
In the special version of episode 31, Kamen Rider Garren Jack form is seen as one of the many Kamen Riders who fought in the Rider War against Decade and were all destroyed. They were presumably restored after the destruction (and subsequent revival) of Decade at the end of the Rider War and the worlds were restored.
10th Anniversary Project: Masked Rider LIVE & SHOW
Kamen Rider Garren appears summoned alongside other secondary Kamen Rider Riders participating in the musical of Kamen Rider Diend with hats and dancing.
As Garren, Sakuya was also part of a group of reinforcement riders led by Akira Date/Kamen Rider Birth to aid the primary riders in defeating the Rock Great Leader. All the Kamen Riders got on their bikes and performed the All Rider Break attack which destroyed the Great Leader.
Sakuya was found to be cruelly ambushed by Hajime as Chalice. After being saved by Kyoichiro, he revealed that his cover to attack Shocker alongside Kenzaki was blown and was being attacked so they would become a full fledged Shocker Riders. Asking for Kyoichiro for help, he alongside Go and Yuto moved to save Kazuma. But it was all a ruse to capture Go and Yuto instead as Sakuya, and Kazuma had been brainwashed from the start.
But later, he aided the Riders against Shocker after they despised how Shocker acts and also freed from the remains of Shocker's brainwashing inside them after Takeshi Hongo alongside Hayato Ichimonji broke free from Rider Robo.
Surviving the onslaught of the History Modifying Machine, Garren fought and destroyed Shocker's Marshal Machine with the Burning Smash shortly before the Rider Robo was destroyed along with the machine by Shurikenjin Tridoron. Among the remaining Riders who witnessed the farewell of Kyoichiro Kuroi as the perversion of history was reversed, Garren's place in history was restored.
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER
Kamen Rider Garren appears as a toy, when Sento Kiryu and Sougo Tokiwa they find Ataru Hisanagahe brings them to his room which is filled with Kamen Rider memorabilia, with Sougo and Sento stunned to see toys of themselves. Ataru reveals that Kamen Riders are fictional.
Appearances in other media
Type8. - The Strange Has a Match Strangely!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice, along with General Shadow, are seen in the Card Rider Poker Battle. Garren had an impressive and flush hand, Chalice a straight hand, General Shadow also had a strategy in his hand, but Kamen Rider Ryuki is very different he had a probability to have the victory. When all present his hand, Ryuki uses Strange Vent to change the cards of all players except Ryuki. Garren had a traditional card game, and finally, General Shadow gives his business cards to all and Garren equally accepted.
Type16. - The Destroyer Destroys the Match!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are seen in the Poker card battle. Garren starts with a good hand, impressive and flush, Chalice with a Straight hand, General Shadow with a good Strategy in his hand, but Kamen Rider Decade does not have a good hand. He uses his Final Form Rider Card transforming all the players except Decade into different articles. Garren is transformed into diamond-shaped.
Type24. - I'll Investigate This Match!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are seen in the Card Riders Poker Battle. The card battle starts with Garren that had a good hand impressive and flush. Later Chalice had a strategy in his hand to have the victory, while General Shadow also had good hand for the win, but Kamen Rider Raia doesn't get lucky. During the lining of cards, Chalice testifies when Raia chooses General Shadow as a volunteer and ends up choosing wrong. Garren saw how a metal pot fell from the sky rendering General Shadow unconscious.
Type32. - The 13th Fights Infinitely!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are seen in he poker card battle, Garren starts with a good impressive hand, Chalice with a good strategy hand, General Shadow is not far behind and he also has a good hand, but Kamen Rider Odin had a bad hand and he has no option to accept the victory. When all players showed his hand, Odin uses Time vent to revert the game making it all start the same but Odin knows all the strategies of his opponents for himself to win.
Type38. - Lucky Food, Let Me Say This to Start!
Kamen Rider Garren appears with Zolda, Orga and Double LunaTrigger. According to Momotaros, Garren is considered an ideal choice for marriage.
Type40. - The Match Ignores the Way of the Knight!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are seen in the Card Rider Poker Battle. The card duel starts with Garren that had a good hand impressive and flush, later the Chalice that had a strategy to had the victory and General Shadow that also had another card to have the victory, but Kamen Rider Knight is different and is very probable to lose the game. When everyone showed their cards, Knight uses Trick Vent and reveals 6 cards and 3 pairs causing everyone to lose the game except him.
Type48. - Searching for a Great Treasure Over the Match!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are seen in the Card Rider Poker Battle. The poker battle starts with Garren that habd a hand that is impressive. Later Chalice that had a good possibility to win. Also, the General Shadow had another strategy, but Kamen Rider Diend with a bad hand, changed his plans by summoning the three Riotroopers. One of the Riotroopers begins to give strong massages to Garren.
Kamen Rider Fourze the Net Edition: Everyone, Class is Here!
Tearing Down the Hostility
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Blade (video game)
All Kamen Rider Series
All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution
Garren appears in All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution among other Riders using all his Rouses combos, but he does not use his Fusion Jack form in any of his attacks.
All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 2
Garren appears in All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 2, but he doesn't use his Fusion Jack form in any of his attacks and Rouses Combos.
Climax Heroes Series
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO
Kamen Rider Garren appears in the video game with the others Kamen Riders of the Heisei Era, using his rouses combos in Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO.
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze
Kamen Rider Garren appears in the video game with the others Kamen Riders of the Heisei Era, using his rouses in Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze.
Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes
Garren appears in Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes, he uses his main Rouses Combos against his enemies. However, he does not have his Jack Form.
Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
Kamen Rider Garren appears as a playable character in this video game Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride.
Kamen Rider Battle Ganbarizing
Kamen Rider Garren is a playable character in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing. He also performs his Rouses Combos against his enemies, but he does not have his Jack Form.
Kamen Rider Battride War series
Kamen Rider: Battride War
Kamen Rider Garren appears as a Second Rider in the video game Kamen Rider: Battride War. In the level Double Jokers, which took place during the final episode, Sakuya somehow knows Blade's plan of turning himself into Joker in order to put the Battle Fight and stops Blade worrying of losing his friend, only to be defeated.
Kamen Rider: Battride War II
Kamen Rider Garren appears as a Second Rider in the video game Kamen Rider: Battride War II.
Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis
Kamen Rider Garren made his playable debut in the video game Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis. His models has been upgraded with Rouse Absorber to match the appearance of his only TV series/movie's final form in this game. Garren is mostly suitable as a long-range character. Like Blade, Garren uses a Rouse Card points via attacks, but unlike Blade is that Garren's boost-up (Bullet Armadillo) is much safer without having this effect removed after Garren riding his bike, and Garren's Jack Form is his only for final form as of Garren's last TV series appearance. Yet, Garren's Jack Form is lack of Rouse Card points, as Garren has less Rouse Card based attacks.
Kamen Rider Batton-Line
Kamen Rider Garren appears as a playable character in Kamen Rider Batton-Line among other Riders in the game
Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes
Kamen Rider Garren and his Jack Form appears as a playable character with others Kamen Riders in the video game, performing his Rouses Combos against his enemies Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes.
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Kamen Rider Garren and his Jack Form is a playable character among other Kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Kamen Rider Garren and his Jack Form appears with other Kamen Riders and Monsters in Battle Spirits.
Garren Battle Spirits Cards Included
- Kamen Rider Garren (Rare)
- Kamen Rider Garren (Common)
- Kamen Rider Garren Jack Form (Common)
Kamen Rider City Wars
Kamen Rider Garren and Jack Form is a playable character alongside the other Kamen Riders in Kamen Rider City Wars.
Kamen Rider Garren's ending theme is entitled "Rebirth"
- Hearing: 5 km.
- Punching Power: 260 AP (2.6 t.)
- Kicking Power: 450 AP (4.5 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 38 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5.4 sec.
- Armadillo Bullet: 400 FP (4 t.)
- Pecker Rapid: 800 FP (8 t.)
- Whale Drop: 1000 FP (10 t.)
- Fly Fire: 1000 MP (10 t.)
- Burning Smash: 2000 AP (20 t.)
- Fire Upper: 1600 AP (16 t.)
- Fire Bullet: 1400 AP (14 t.)
- Burning Divide: 3400 AP (34 t.)
Ace Form (エースフォーム Ēsu Fōmu) is the default form of Kamen Rider Garren assumed by using the Garren Buckle and Change Stag Rouse Card. The transformation fuses the user with the DNA of the Stag Undead. Though Garren possesses the weakest Ace Form, his long-range armament enables him to avoid direct confrontation.Appearances: Blade Episode 1-3, 5-7, 9-15, 19-22, 24-30, 31 (flashback; archive footage only), 32, 35, 37 (flashback; archive footage only), 38-47, Super Hero Taisen GP
|"Absorb Queen! Fusion Jack!"|
- Punching Power: 330 AP (3.3 t.)
- Kicking Power: 520 AP (5.2 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 118 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 4.2 sec.
- Maximum Flying Speed: 250 km/h. (approx. 100 m. per 1.4 sec.)
Jack Form (ジャツクフォーム Jakku Fōmu) is a combat extension of the Rider System which harnesses the power of Category Jack Rouse Cards via the Rouse Absorber. Garren assumes his Jack Form by inserting the Absorb Serpent into the Rouse Absorber and scanning the Fusion Peacock Rouse Card. This endows the Rider Armor with the attributes and characteristics of the Peacock Undead's DNA, enhancing Garren's natural combat capacities.
In this form, Garren gains golden reinforced armor plating which increases his resilience to enemy attacks. Garren also gains wings on his back, enabling him to fly. Assuming this form additionally upgrades the Garren Rouzer into its Empowered Type, which equips it with a bayonet and expands its AP cache.Appearances: Blade Episode 30, 32-33, 41, 45 (flashback; archive footage only), 47, Decade Episodes 1,31 (Special Version)
|"Absorb Queen! Evolution King!"|
- Punching Power: 400 AP (4 t.)
- Kicking Power: 600 AP (6 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 28 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 6.2 sec.
While never assumed in the series, Garren's King Form (キングフォーム Kingu Fōmu) can be seen in concept art and the S.I.C. Hero Saga toyline. Garren would theoretically assume this form by inserting the Absorb Serpent Rouse Card into the Rouse Absorber and scanning the Evolution Giraffa Rouse Card.
Due to having his Garren Buckle broken when he sealed the Giraffa Undead, Sakuya never had the chance to assume this form. Unlike Blade, this form would in theory only allow Garren to fuse with the Category King instead of all 13 Rouse Cards in the Diamonds Suit due to his his fusion rate being normal. Due to this, the Rouzer that Garren wields in King Form has storage for Rouse Cards.Appearances: Special Edition: King, Special Edition: Kamen Rider Garren King Form
- Garren Buckle: Garren's transformation device
- Rouse Absorber: Used to access Jack Form
- Rouse Cards: Allow Garren to perform special attacks
- Garren Rouzer: Garren's personal weapon
- Red Rhombus: Garren's Rider Machine
Legend Rider Devices
|"Kamen Ride: Garren"|
|―DX NeoDiendriver summoning announcement[src]|
KamenRide: Garren: A Rider Card containing the power of Kamen Rider Garren. Used by Diend to summon Kamen Rider Garren.
This Rider Ring which bears the likeness of Kamen Rider Garren is exclusive to Kamen Rider Wizard's Wizard Ring toyline. When used by a Wizardriver wearer, it would be able to summon Kamen Rider Garren.
|"(Digital beeping) Garren!"|
|"The diamond trump Rider who fights with a gun is... Garren! (銃で戦うダイヤのトランプライダーは…ギャレンだ！ Jū de tatakau daiya no toranpu Raidā wa… Gyaren da!)"|
|―Secondary activation announcement[src]|
|"Armor Time! (Garren Buckle standby noise) Garren! (Garren Buckle post-transformation sound)"|
|―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's left-hand slot[src]|
|"Finish Time! Burning Time (Break/Burst/Jack)!"|
|―Finisher announcement in left-hand slot[src]|
Behind the scenes
Sakuya Tachibana is portrayed by Kousei (Hironari) Amano (天野 浩成 Amano Kousei (Hironari)). Amano later portrayed Kouhei Hayami/Libra Zodiarts in Kamen Rider Fourze. As Kamen Rider Garren, his suit actor was Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi).
- The scene in the first episode wherein Garren spied Blade fighting Locust Undead from afar was made into various comedic situation where fans would place either Garren in other images peaking another character or parodying it in somewhere else. This scene is memorable as "Why are you just staring!!" (なぜ見てるんです!! Naze miterun desu!!), which was the line delivered by Blade before he enacted the infamous Ondul meme.
- As mentioned above, the quote from episode 3 when Sakuya proclaims how the Rider System damaged his body has become a viral meme in the Japanese fandom, due to the way he delivered the line: "My body is falling apart!" (俺の体はボロボロだ! Ore no karada wa boroboroda!). This line was also self-referenced in one of the ending bumpers for the Super Hero Time programming block.
- Sakuya is perhaps most infamously known for the final scene of episode 7, where the camera zooms in onto him screaming for his life as the Trilobite Undead approaches him.
- In episode 15, just before delivering the Burning Divide attack towards the Peacock Undead, Garren shouts out the name of his girlfriend, who was killed by said Undead. This scene has been parodied within the Japanese fandom and also used in Climax Heroes game starting from Fourze.
- In episode 21, Tachibana trained Mutsuki in an automated baseball field. He caught an incoming ball and shouting three (hence "SAN!!") before revealing the ball to Mutsuki. This scene becomes memorable due to his over the top manner in shouting it. The Twitter account of Kamen Rider Zi-O even referenced this as part of their promotional campaign for Kamen Rider Zi-O NEXT TIME: Geiz, Majesty, where Garren was advertised with this slogan.
- There is a running joke among Japanese fans where he is associated with a type of food known as Kara Miso (辛味噌), due to the last line of his insert song, Rebirth, has the chorus (Gotta be strong) sounding similar to the name of said food.
- As acknowledged in the hero change battle between Kamen Rider Decade and Gokai Red in Super Hero Taisen, the Riders of Kamen Rider Blade share their card motifs with the heroes from Shotaro Ishinomori's second and last Sentai series J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai. Garren's Diamond motif would make him Blade's equivalent of Dia Jack.
- The name "Garren" is most likely derived from the Japanese pronunciation of the word "currency" (キャレンシー Kyarenshī), tying in with the Minor Arcana version of the Suit of Diamonds; the Suit of Coins.
- He shares the first name with Sakuya Hikawa/Patren 2gou From Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger vs Keisatsu Sentai Pataranger.
- Coincidentally, he bears a similar name to one of the protagonist in the God Eater franchise, Sakuya Tachibana, who also happens to be a gun user just like him.
- Sakuya is the only Rider in the series who has never been an Undead throughout the series (Kazuma mutates into a Joker Undead in the final episode; Hajime is an Undead, and Mutsuki turns into both the Spider Undead & Tarantula Undead in the 42nd episode, although he later regains his humanity).
- Along with Kazuma, Sakuya is the only Rider in Kamen Rider Blade to have managed to defeat a Category King Undead, disregarding the events of Missing Ace.
- Much like Kazuma's case, this was presumably done to showcase Sakuya's growth as a person, having gone from an insecure figure that frequently lost against lower class Undeads into an individual that can defeat a foe powerful enough to hold its own against even Kamen Rider Wild Chalice.
- Kamen Rider Garren and Kamen Rider Chalice have been the focus of a long-running debate by fans regarding their status as the Secondary Rider of Blade. Ultimately both Toei and Bandai confirm it to be Garren as revealed through further appearances in video games and merchandising which features Garren with the other Secondary Riders.  
- In fact, upon his debut 2004, Chalice had already been considered a Tertiary Rider.
- Part of this misconception may stem from the fact that in both of Blade's opening sequences, Hajime's actor is given second billing right after Kenzaki's actor. In most Kamen Rider openings, second billing is given to either the season's secondary Rider or a supporting character who has a very close relationship with the main Rider, except in episodes where either of those characters don't appear.
- Strangely, promotional posters released for Kamen Rider Zi-O: Over Quartzer, display Chalice among the Secondary Riders and Garren among the Tertiary Riders.
- TV Asahi. (2004). Kamen Rider Garren.
- Kodansha. (2004). Televi Magazine. April Issue. p.122.
- Rouse Cards.
- Shogakukan. (2005). Masked Rider Blade: Complete Works. p. 40-43. ISBN 978-4091051035.
- TV Asahi. (2004). Kamen Rider Garren Jack Form.
- Kamen Rider Official Data/Perfect File.
- Hobby Japan. (2011). S.I.C. Official Diorama Story: S.I.C. Hero Saga. Vol. 3. p. 113. ISBN 978-4798602424.
- Sakuya Tachibana on Kamen Rider Official
- Kamen Rider Garren Ace Form on Kamen Rider Official
- Kamen Rider Garren Jack Form on Kamen Rider Official