|This article is about a/an ally in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.|
Sakurako Dan (檀 桜子 Dan Sakurako) was the wife of Masamune Dan and mother of Kuroto Dan and a victim of the game illness from whom the Bugster Poppy Pipopapo was born from at the cost of her existence. Her memories, known as "save data" were inherited by Poppy, while Sakurako herself was reduced into data and stored in the DoReMiFa Beat Proto Gashat.
Through flashes of her host's memories, Poppy witnessed the 16 year old Kuroto Dan, circa 2000, speak to her of his work on controlling and preventing Bugster virus infection. This revelation led Poppy to investigate Kuroto's abandoned game studio where she saw a specter of the young Dan passing through. Following "Dan", Poppy discovered a hidden room which held a treasure chest containing a Gamer Driver and the Proto Mighty Action X Origin Gashat as well as the Level 0 Manual.
A victim of the Game Disease, Sakurako Dan was acknowledged by Dr. Emu Hojo as he spoke at a televised press conference by the Ministry of Health following the demise of mastermind Masamune Dan, striking a chord with Kuroto who was also listed among the deceased with his father.
Behind the scenes
Sakurako Dan was portrayed by Rie Nakai (中井 理恵 Nakai Rie).
Sakurako's first name stands for cherry blossom child/girl in Japanese. This is referring to her Bugster, Poppy Pipopapo's pink hair and Toki Meki Crisis' pink template as in Japanese culture, cherry blossoms signify as the color pink. Also, most cherry blossoms bloom in spring, which is said to be the season of love.
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
- Episode 28: Beyond Your Identity (faceless cameo)
- Episode 29: We're Me!? (faceless cameo)
- Episode 31: The Forbidden Continue!? (faceless cameo, identified as Sakurako Dan)
- Episode 35: Rescue the Partner! (Indirect mention only)
- Episode 45: Endless Game (mentioned only)
- Kamen Rider Para-DX with Poppy (Flashback only)
- Kamen Rider Genm vs. Lazer (mentioned; archive footage only)
- Sakurako Dan in Kamen Rider Official Website.