|This article is about a/an robot/vehicle in Kamen Rider 555.|
Designated "SB-555V", the Auto Vajin (オートバジン Ōto Bajin) is a transforming, artificially intelligent support mecha for Kamen Rider Faiz seen in the 2003- 2004 Kamen Rider Series installment Kamen Rider 555. It is the first of the support mecha seen in the series, which can transform from a Smart Brain motorcycle (Vehicle Mode) into a flight capable robot (Battle Mode).
A variable vehicle made by Smart Brain Motors, a subsidiary of Smart Brain, the Auto Vajin is Kamen Rider Faiz's personal mecha. It has a limited A.I., but it is programmed to protect Mari Sonoda and do as Faiz commands, in that precise order. If the person wearing the Faiz Gear attacks Mari, the Auto Vajin will attack Faiz.
In addition to being able to transform willingly by pressing a switch on the chest, automatic transformation is possible by the function of a large capacity HDD with the next-generation high-speed CPU and Smart PC Ⅳ (スマートPC Ⅳ Sumāto PC Ⅳ) installed in it. It also has a high self-learning function, supports Faiz independently.
Initially it was fairly incompetent in its duties, accidentally shooting Faiz on a few occasions, but it became a valuable asset later in the series, often putting itself in harms way to protect various characters, and coming to the rescue when Faiz is in great danger. The Auto Vajin also carries the Faiz Edge, which serves as the left handlebar (on its right shoulder in Battle Mode) of the Auto Vajin.
The Auto Vajin was destroyed by the Orphnoch King in the final episode of the TV series and by the Elasmotherium Orphnoch in the movie Paradise Lost, but was repaired sometime before Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen and Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai.
As evident in Faiz's later appearances, it would appear the Auto Vajin was rebuilt at some point.
Super Hero Taisen
In the supposed final battle between the Kamen Riders and Super Sentai, Faiz rode on the Auto Vajin with the other surviving Kamen Riders (Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, and Double) on their respective motorcycles, led by Rider 1 (actually Decade in disguise) on the New Cyclone. Faiz used the Auto Vajin to attack the Dai Sentai Goggle-V as Kuuga on the TryChaser 2000 attacked Choujuu Sentai Liveman. They then turned towards Akarenger (actually Gokai Red) as he was attacking Kabuto, only to be knocked off their bikes by his Spear Bute. The three riders were seemingly defeated, actually sent to the Dimensional wall.
Kamen Rider Taisen
While Takumi was on a journey, Tsukasa recruited him in a fight to protect the world against the Underground Empire Badan, which Takumi refused. When protecting Mari from Badan's soldiers, Auto Vajin briefly transformed and defended the two from Tiger-Roid's Tiger Bomber before reverting back to his vehicle mode.
Rider Grand Prix
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider 555 video game
The Auto Vajin is playable in the Kamen Rider 555 video game.
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes
Kamen Rider Battride War
Faiz appears riding the Auto Vajin in the video game Kamen Rider: Battride War.
- "Vehicle Mode!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Length: 210 cm.
- Width: 88 cm.
- Height: 126 cm.
- Weight: 207 kg.
- Maximum Speed: 380 km/h (approx. 100 m per 0.9 sec.)
- Maximum Power: 450 PS (331 kW)
The Vehicle Mode (ビークルモード Bīkuru Mōdo) is the primary form of the Auto Vajin. It can drive by itself in this form and reverts to this form when it is significantly damaged. Faiz can force the Auto Vajin to return to this form if he presses the Faiz symbol on its chest when it is in Battle Mode.
Its fuel is ordinary gasoline, but by being injected inside the Tank-Fuel Converter (タンク・フュールコンバーター Tanku-Fu~yūru Konbātā), converted to high purity fuel Sol Glycerin (ソルグリセリン Soru Guriserin) with explosive power similar to nitroglycerin, produce incredible power.
The tires are made of Sol Rubber (a stronger version of Sol Foam) and the main chassis and plating is made from a similar substance to that of the Kamen Rider Gears.
- "Battle Mode!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Height: 205 cm.
- Weight: 207 kg.
- Punching Power: 7.6 t.
- Grip Power: 8000 kg (8 t.)
- Kicking Power: 9.5 t.
- Maximum Flying Height: 30 m.
- Maximum Power: 2500 PS (1839 kW.)
The Battle Mode (バトルモード Batoru Mōdo) is a humanoid robot form. Its body parts are based on Auto Vajin's motorcycle parts in Vehicle Mode: The rear of the body is the leg, the seat is the torso, the brake unit is on both wrists, the rear wheel is on the back, and the headlights make up the head.
Its front wheel become a handgun weapon called the Buster Wheel (バスターホイール Basutā Hoīru), equipped with a 16 Gatling Muzzle (ガトリングマズル Gatoringu Mazuru), which allows it to fires 12 bullets at 96 times per second, and also used as a shield. Besides, it also equipped with a high-speed hover sliding function (allowing it to fly like a helicopter) by using the Scramble Rotor (スクランブルローター Sukuranburu Rōtā) on its back, which is the rear wheel. By releasing high-pressure gas from the legs, it is possible to climb and fly 30m.
The Auto Vajin is not particularly fast in Battle Mode, but it is more agile, making use of high combat abilities.
The Auto Vajin (オートバジン Ōtobajin) Attack Ride Card (アタックライドカード Atakku Raido Kādo) allows Decade as Faiz to turn the Machine Decader into the Auto Vajin, Faiz's own motorcycle, which goes into Battle Mode (バトルモード Batoru Mōdo). This also allows Decade to access the Faiz Edge via the Auto Vajin's right shoulder.
Legend Rider Signal Bike
- Signal Legend Faiz (シグナルレジェンドファイズ Shigunaru Rejendo Faizu): Allows Mach to activate a Kourin Signal Legend. When used in the DX Drive Driver, it gives the sound for a Tire Exchange into Drive: Faiz (ドライブ・ファイズ Doraibu - Faizu). It is used by Takumi Inui, revealing himself to be the Great Leader of Shocker, to transform into Kamen Rider Faiz as seen in the Kamen Rider 4 special.
Behind the scenes
- The name "Auto Vajin" is a portmanteau of Autobike (オートバイ) (the Japanese word for motorbike, with "v" and "b" being interchangeable letters in Japanese because of similar pronunciations), and Jin (人) (the Japanese suffix for person or race).
- The bike's left handle bar being used to camouflage the Faiz Edge is similar to Yusuke Godai, who often took out his bike's left handle bar, as it was also the key to the bike, to transform it into the Titan Sword for use when in Titan Form.
- Faiz appears riding Auto Vajin, among the other Kamen Riders on their Rider Machines, in the animated ending sequence of Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai.
- On the setting, its successor model Auto Vajin 2 (オートバジン2 Ōto Bajin 2) was also developed, bu it is not put into battle and does not appear in the TV series or movies.