|This article is about a robot/vehicle in Kamen Rider 555.|
The Transforming-type Variable Vehicle SB-555V Auto Vajin (可変型バリアブルビークル ＳＢ－５５５Ｖ オートバジン, Kahen-gata Bariaburu Bīkuru SB-555V Ōto Bajin) is a transforming, artificially intelligent support mecha for Kamen Rider Faiz seen in the 2003- 2004 Kamen Rider Series installment Kamen Rider 555. It is the first of the support mecha seen in the series, which can transform from a Smart Brain motorcycle (Vehicle Mode) into a flight capable robot (Battle Mode).
- 1 Description
- 2 Later history
- 3 Video Game appearances
- 4 Modes
- 5 Attack Ride
- 6 Legend Rider Signal Bike
- 7 Behind the scenes
- 8 Notes
- 9 Navigation
A variable vehicle made by Smart Brain Motors, a subsidiary of Smart Brain, the Auto Vajin is Kamen Rider Faiz's personal mecha. It has a limited A.I., but it is programmed to protect Mari Sonoda and do as Faiz commands, in that precise order. If the person wearing the Faiz Gear attacks Mari, the Auto Vajin will attack Faiz.
In addition to being able to transform willingly by pressing a switch on the chest, automatic transformation is possible by the function of a large capacity HDD with the next-generation high-speed CPU and Smart PC Ⅳ (スマートPC Ⅳ Sumāto PC Ⅳ) installed in it. It also has a high self-learning function, supports Faiz independently.
Initially it was fairly incompetent in its duties, accidentally shooting Faiz on a few occasions, but it became a valuable asset later in the series, often putting itself in harms way to protect various characters, and coming to the rescue when Faiz is in great danger. The Auto Vajin also carries the Faiz Edge, which serves as the left handlebar (on its right shoulder in Battle Mode) of the Auto Vajin.
The Auto Vajin was destroyed by the Orphnoch King in the final episode of the TV series and by the Elasmotherium Orphnoch in the movie Paradise Lost, but was repaired sometime before Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen and Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai.
As evident in Faiz's later appearances, it would appear the Auto Vajin was rebuilt at some point.
Super Hero Taisen
In the supposed final battle between the Kamen Riders and Super Sentai, Faiz rode on the Auto Vajin with the other surviving Kamen Riders (Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, and Double) on their respective motorcycles, led by Rider 1 (actually Decade in disguise) on the New Cyclone. Faiz used the Auto Vajin to attack the Dai Sentai Goggle-V as Kuuga on the TryChaser 2000 attacked Choujuu Sentai Liveman. They then turned towards Akarenger (actually Gokai Red) as he was attacking Kabuto, only to be knocked off their bikes by his Spear Bute. The three riders were seemingly defeated, actually sent to the Dimensional wall. 「Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen」
Kamen Rider Taisen
While Takumi was on a journey, Tsukasa recruited him in a fight to protect the world against the Underground Empire Badan, which Takumi refused. When protecting Mari from Badan's soldiers, Auto Vajin briefly transformed and defended the two from Tiger-Roid's Tiger Bomber before reverting back to his vehicle mode. 「Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai」
Rider Grand Prix
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider 555 video game
The Auto Vajin is playable in the Kamen Rider 555 video game.
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes
In first Climax Heroes, Auto Vajin is only playable in Decade Mode, in which the player cannot use as a Striker while playing as Faiz in Decade Mode. While in Climax Heroes W, Auto Vajin is a hidden character.
Kamen Rider Battride War
Faiz appears riding the Auto Vajin in the video game Kamen Rider: Battride War.
- Total Length: 2100mm
- Width: 880 mm.
- Height: 1260 mm
- Weight: 207 kg.
- Maximum output: 450 horsepower
- Maximum speed: 380 km/h
The Vehicle Mode (ビークルモード, Bīkuru Mōdo) is the primary form of the Auto Vajin. It can drive by itself in this form and reverts to this form when it is significantly damaged. Faiz can force the Auto Vajin to return to this form if he presses the Faiz symbol on its chest when it is in Battle Mode.
Its fuel is ordinary gasoline, but by being injected inside the Tank-Fuel Converter (タンク・フュールコンバーター, Tanku-Fu~yūru Konbātā), converted to high purity fuel Sol Glycerin (ソルグリセリン, Soru Guriserin) with explosive power similar to nitroglycerin, produce incredible power.
The tires are made of Sol Rubber (a stronger version of Sol Foam) and the main chassis and plating is made from a similar substance to that of the Kamen Rider Gears.
- Turn Signal (ウインカー, Uinkā) - Direction indicators used as normal turn signals. Located on Auto Vajin's ear antennae in Battle Mode. Also used as a communication antennae to communicate with the artificial satellites Eagle Sat (イーグルサット, Īguru Satto) and Hawk Eye (ホークアイ, Hōku Ai). (Note: 'winker' (ウインカー, uinkā) is the usual Japanese term for 'turn signal', 'indicator' or 'blinker'.)
- Headlight (ヘッドライト, Heddoraito) - The headlight. Becomes Auto Vajin's visor in Battle Mode. It can illuminate up to 200 meters away. Enemies can be blinded if the maximum amount of light is emitted.
- Faiz Edge (ファイズエッジ, Faizu Ejji) - The left handlebar. When removed and loaded with a Mission Memory, it becomes a blade weapon.
- Variable Seat (バリアブルシート, Bariaburu Shīto) - The high-performance seat. It has an air cushion with a damping function that accurately holds the occupant's waist.
- Tail Winkers (テールウインカー, Tēru Uinkā) - Rear direction indicators used as normal turn signals. Also used as a communication antennae to communicate with the artifical satellites Eagle Sat and Hawk Eye.
- Power Manipulators (パワーマニピュレーター, Pawā Manipyurētā) - The brake units. It can stop the Auto Vajin within 15m from a speed of 380 km/h. They are the Auto Vajin's hands in Battle Mode.
- Buster Wheel (バスターホイール, Basutā Hoīru) - The front wheel. It becomes Auto Vajin's gatling gun in Battle Mode, and can be used as a shield.
- Sol Rubber Tires (ソルラバータイヤ, Soru Rabā Taiya) - The tires. They are composed out of Sol Rubber (ソルラバー, Soru Rabā), a type of synthetic rubber. It has a strong road surface absorption property and can grip firmly on a slippery road surface. In addition, an anti-burst mechanism is incorporated inside that allows the Sol Rubber Tires to instantly repair themselves should they ever drive over a foreign object that causes it to puncture.
- Scramble Rotor (スクランブルローター, Sukuranburu Rōtā) - A drive wheel rotor that accurately transmit the Auto Vajin's 450 horsepower to the road surface.
- Variable Swing Arm (バリアブルスイングアーム, Bariaburu Suingu Āmu) - Frames that hold the rear wheel in place.
- Mission Box (ミッションボックス, Misshon Bokkusu) - A 5-speed transmission device. One of them is the back gear.
- Fuel Converter (フュールコンバーター, Fu~yūru Konbātā) - A device located in the gasoline tank. Converts ordinary gasoline into high-purity Sol Glycerine (ソルグリセリンへ, Soru Guriserin).
- Brains Converter (ブレインズコンバーター, Bureinzu Konbātā) - The main engine. It is driven by Sol Glycerine, and can run up to 450 horsepower.
- Under Protect (アンダープロテクト, Andā Purotekuto) - A special shielding unit that protects the Brains Converter from shcoks or attacks from below.
- Tail Lamp (テールランプ, Tēru Ranpu) - The rear red lights. Informs vehicles behind the occupant of the Auto Vajin's presence during dark conditions.
- Height: 205 cm.
- Weight: 207 kg.
- Punching Power: 7.6 t.
- Grip Power: 8000 kg (8 t.)
- Kicking Power: 9.5 t.
- Maximum Flying Height: 30 m.
- Maximum Power: 2500 PS (1839 kW.)
The Battle Mode (バトルモード Batoru Mōdo) is a humanoid robot form. Its body parts are based on Auto Vajin's motorcycle parts in Vehicle Mode: The rear of the body is the leg, the seat is the torso, the brake unit is on both wrists, the rear wheel is on the back, and the headlights make up the head.
Its front wheel become a handgun weapon called the Buster Wheel (バスターホイール Basutā Hoīru), equipped with a 16 Gatling Muzzle (ガトリングマズル Gatoringu Mazuru), which allows it to fires 12 bullets at 96 times per second, and also used as a shield. Besides, it also equipped with a high-speed hover sliding function (allowing it to fly like a helicopter) by using the Scramble Rotor (スクランブルローター Sukuranburu Rōtā) on its back, which is the rear wheel. By releasing high-pressure gas from the legs, it is possible to climb and fly 30m.
The Auto Vajin is not particularly fast in Battle Mode, but it is more agile, making use of high combat abilities.
- Global Feelers (グローバルフィーラー, Gurōbaru Fīrā) - The ear antennae. On the right side of the head is Global Feeler E (グローバルフィーラーE, Gurōbaru Fīrā E) which communicates with the artificial satellite Eagle Sat (イーグルサット, Īguru Satto). On the left side is Global Feeler H (グローバルフィーラーH, Gurōbaru Fīrā H) which communicates with the artificial satellite Hawk Eye (ホークアイ, Hōku Ai).
- Soltic Visor (ソルティックバイザー, Sorutikku Baizā) - The black upper visor on the forehead. It is a shield made out of Soltic Glass (ソルティックグラス, Sorutikku Gurasu), a super-reinforced resin glass. A main camera covered within a dome-shaped smoke glass is installed inside, allowing Auto Vajin to confirm surroundings.
- Console Shield Visor (コンソールシールドバイザー, Konsōru Shīrudo Baizā) - The black visor below the forehead. Within it are meters that are used in Vehicle Mode (basically, it's the dashboard). In Battle Mode, the information is displayed as a status window, allowing one to see driving status just by peering inside.
- Fuel Signal (フュールシグナル, Fuyūru Shigunaru) - The signal unit on the forehead. When energy becomes low and the remaining operation time is 30 minutes, it will flash orange.
- Smart PC IV/SBV-HDD (スマートPC Ⅳ／SBV-HDD, Sumāto PC Ⅳ/SBV-HDD) - The head is equipped with a IV next-generation high-speed CPU, the "Smart PC IV/SBV-HDD". By accumulating combat data, it can grow via self-learning. Although the CPU is ultra-compact, it's computing power is comparable to that of Japan's Ministry of Defense's supercomputer.
- Buster Wheel (バスターホイール, Basutā Hoīru) - Auto Vajin's main weapon. It is a large gatling gun that can fire 96 12mm bullets per second during combat. It is made out of Sol Metal 228 (ソルメタル228, Soru Metaru 228), a supermetal with a hardness close to a diamond's. Furthermore, a five-layer structure of Sol Metal 228 metal disks is utilised, further increasing hardness, alongside multiple anti-shock wools placed inside. As a result of these construction techniques and layers, it can function as a strong shield during battle. It acts as the Auto Vajin's front wheel during Vehicle Mode.
- Shoulder Cylinders (ショルダーシリンダー, Shorudā Shirindā) - The shoulders. They are the 'heart' of the air actuator. It is composed from multiple layers of Sol Metal 228, a supermetal with hardness close to that of a diamond's. Highyl compressed gas and various control devices for controlling the air actuator are built inside.
- Air Adjustors (エアアジャスター, Ea Ajasutā) - Shoulder mounted dials that are used to adjust the Auto Vajin's air actuator gas via depressurisation.
- Faiz Edge (ファイズエッジ, Faizu Ejji) - The left handlebar. When removed and loaded with a Mission Memory, it becomes a blade weapon.
- Fender Shield (フェンダーシールド, Fendā Shīrudo) - The shield unit on the left shoulder. It is lightweight and is made out of Sol Metal 228, allowing it to withstand large magnum munitions. Due to its hardness, it can be used in shoulder tackle attacks.
- Breast Armor (ブレストアーマー, Buresuto Āmā) - The chest armor. Due to being made out of Sol Metal 228, it is strong enough to withstand hits from anti-tank missiles. It has a built in gasoline tank and fuel converter (thanks to housing the Vehicle Mode's main engine).
- Brains Converter (ブレインズコンバーター, Bureinzu Konbātā) - The main engine. It can be said that this is the 'heart' of Auto Vajin's Battle Mode. Thanks to the high-purity Sol Glycerine (ソルグリセリンへ, Soru Guriserin) produced by Auto Vajin's Fuel Converter (フュールコンバーター, Fu~yūru Konbātā), it can produce a high output of 2500 horsepower.
- Scramble Rotor (スクランブルローター, Sukuranburu Rōtā) - The wheel located on the back. It is a high-speed hover gliding unit that allows Auto Vajin to hover when it rotates. Acts as the rear wheel in Vehicle Mode.
- Variable Swing Arm (バリアブルスイングアーム, Bariaburu Suingu Āmu) - Support parts that support the Scramble Rotor. In Vehicle Mode, a drive chain is linked to the gearbox, but in battle Mode, the drive chain is separated from the fearbox. To rotate the Scramble Rotor without the drive chain, an independently driven sprocket is installed.
- Down Tube Arms (ダウンチューブアームズ, Daun Chūbu Āmuzu) - The arms. The albow joint incorporates an air actuator suspension mechanism that uses highly compressed gas, enabling smooth movement without power loss.
- Arms Lock (アームズロック, Āmuzu Rokku) - Sub shield units that are mounted on the lower arms to protect them.
- Power Manipulators (パワーマニピュレーター, Pawā Manipyurētā) - The hands. They boast a gripping power of 8 tons and a punching power of 7.6 tons, allowing Auto Vajin to crush a steel ball with one hand. The Techno-Fingers (テクノフィンガー, Tekuno Fingā) are capable of fine work, allowing Auto Vajin to handle delicate work without issue.
- Mission Dregs (ミッションドレッグ, Misshon Doreggu) - The upper legs and thighs. It has a built-in power actuator that can produce powerful leg power, resulting in a kick power of 9.5 tons.
- Knee Blockers (ニーブロッカー, Nī Burokkā) - The knees. They are shields made out of Sol Metal (ソルメタル, Soru Metaru), a diamond-hard supermetal developed by Smart Brain. They protect the knee joints.
- Tandem Seats (タンデムシート, Tandemu Shīto) - The lower legs. They are shielding units that protect the lower legs' power actuator units during battle.
- Seat Cowl Shields (シートカウルシールド, Shīto Kauru Shīrudo) - Shielding units made out of Sol Metal 228. They protect the sides of the lower legs.
- Hammer Boots (ハンマーブーツ, Hanmā Būtsu) - The feet. They are made out of multiple layers of Sol Metal 228. Even if an object weighing 50 tons is dropped onto it, they will not be crushed.
- High Grip Soles (ハイグリップソール, Hai Gurippu Sōru) - The soles. They are composed out of Sol Rubber (ソルラバー, Soru Rabā), a synthetic rubber, allowing them to grip the ground.
- Rear Blinkers (リアウインカー, Ria Uinkā) - Signalling units installed on the feet. They flash red when an abnormality occurs in the leg parts.
- Battle Suspension (バトルサスペンション, Batoru Sasupenshon) - Shock absorbing parts installed at the rear of the lower legs to make impacts as close to 0 as possible. On the bottom is a Sol Rubber sole.
- Excess Outtakes (エクセスアウトテーク, Ekusesu Autotēku) - Muffler units located at the rear of the lower legs. This is where excessive exhaust from energy refined from gasoline fuel is forcibly discharged. The zero emission system makes the exhaust gas pollution-free. In Vehicle Mode, they are the Auto Vajin's mufflers.
- Super Silencers (スーパーサイレンサー, Sūpā Sairensā) - Units installed within the lower legs. They play the role of a balancer by injecting high-pressure gas when gliding with the Scramble Rotor. At maximum output, it allows Auto Vajin to hover 3m above the ground.
The Auto Vajin (オートバジン, Ōtobajin) Attack Ride Card (アタックライドカード, Atakku Raido Kādo) allows Decade as Faiz to turn the Machine Decader into the Auto Vajin, Faiz's own motorcycle, which goes into Battle Mode (バトルモード, Batoru Mōdo). This also allows Decade to access the Faiz Edge via the Auto Vajin's right shoulder. 「Rider War (episode)」
Legend Rider Signal Bike
- Signal Legend Faiz (シグナルレジェンドファイズ, Shigunaru Rejendo Faizu): Allows Mach to activate a Kourin Signal Legend. When used in the DX Drive Driver, it gives the sound for a Tire Exchange into Drive: Faiz (ドライブ・ファイズ, Doraibu - Faizu). It is used by Takumi Inui, revealing himself to be the Great Leader of Shocker, to transform into Kamen Rider Faiz as seen in the Kamen Rider 4 special. 「Duel! The True Identity of Shocker's Great Leader」
Behind the scenes
- The name "Auto Vajin" is a portmanteau of Autobike (オートバイ) (the Japanese word for motorbike, with "v" and "b" being interchangeable letters in Japanese because of similar pronunciations), and Jin (人) (the Japanese suffix for person or race).
- The bike's left handlebar being used to camouflage the Faiz Edge is similar to Yusuke Godai, who often took out his bike's left handlebar, as it was also the key to the bike, to transform it into the Titan Sword for use when in Titan Form.
- Faiz appears riding Auto Vajin, among the other Kamen Riders on their Rider Machines, in the animated ending sequence of Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai.
- In the setting, its successor model Auto Vajin 2 (オートバジン2 Ōto Bajin 2) was also developed, but it is not put into battle and does not appear in the TV series or movies.