|This article is about a Rider in Kamen Rider Saber.|
|"One: evil bastards... Two: shall feel the earth's rage... Three: It's already decided, so there's no point in arguing!"|
|―Buster's pre-battle catchphrase[src]|
Ryo Ogami (尾上 亮, Ogami Ryō) is a 36-year-old former member of the Sword of Logos who transforms into Kamen Rider Buster (仮面ライダーバスター, Kamen Raidā Basutā). Formerly affiliated with the Northern Base, he was briefly transferred to the Southern Base before joining Touma's team for good.
- 1 History
- 2 Other Events
- 3 Video Game Appearances
- 4 Personality
- 5 Family
- 6 Abilities
- 7 Kamen Rider Buster
- 8 Equipment
- 9 Relationships
- 10 Behind the Scenes
- 11 Notes
- 12 Appearances
- 13 References
- 14 Navigation
Ryo was born in 1984 to his unknown parents. During his childhood, Ryo's father passed away due to an unknown disease. In Ryo's youth, he was a childhood friend of Haruka Kiritani, who had saved him from a group of bullies as children.
By the time they were 17, Ryo and Haruka attended Kagari High School together. After being late to class from protecting a bullied classmate, he was scolded by Haruka at the front gate. When he went to the vending machine for a soda can, Ryo found the Genbu Shinwa Wonder Ride Book and kept it in his pocket. Ryo would eventually encounter a group of Shimis on a few occasions and his teacher, Kame-sensei retrieved the Wonder Ride Book to defend him as Kamen Rider Buster.
Kame-sensei offered to train Ryo as his successor and inherit Dogouken Gekido. Ryo accepted upon realizing that Haruka has always protect him in the past and promising himself to not get into trouble. He would eventually meet Hayato Fukamiya, a member of the Sword of Logos, and became his trainer due to Kame-sensei's declining health under the condition he also train his son, Kento. While Ryo continues training with Kame-sensei, Haruka is abducted by the Goblin Megid. With the conviction to protect those he loves, Ryo picks up Dogouken Gekido and becomes Kamen Rider Buster, declaring himself as the strongest swordsman in the world and defeats the Megid. After his first battle, Ryo confesses his love to Haruka, which she accepts with a smile. After Kame-sensei declared his retirement, Ryo was formally officiated into the Northern Base as a member of the Sword of Logos. After graduating high-school, Ryo proposed to Haruka.
Four years later, Ryo had met Master Logos for the first time as Sophia introduced him. He also became very close with Tetsuo Daishinji and remarked his swordsmanship and mechanical prowess. A few months later, the War of Wonder World waged on, and Ryo personally witnessed the demises of both Amane Kagami and Kyoichiro Shinsen by Desast and managed to seal the Megid into the Alter Ride Book. With most of the swordsmen either killed in action, missing, and rendered unable to fight again, this forced Ryo to be the only swordsman remaining in the Northern Base.
Seven years later, Ryo and Haruka were married and were expecting a child. One day, Ryo was investigating a case where a Spider Megid had began kidnapping children. However while he was battling the Megid, he received a phone call from the hospital telling him that Haruka was going into labor. Wanting to leave the battle, Haruka personally tells him to finish the battle first before coming to the hospital. After he defeated the Megid, he rushed over to the hospital and finally meets his newborn son, Sora.
Two years later, while Ryo was training a 17-year-old Rintaro Shindo, Ryo learned Haruka had fainted from overworking while taking care of their son. He decided to take up more responsibilities with Sora by picking him up from school, but still did not find it easy as while he dropped Sora home to fight a Megid, his son got himself injured. After bringing Sora to the hospital, Ryo went to visit Kame-sensei and confided in him that he wanted to quit being a swordsman and that he was spending too much time away from his family. Although he returned Dogouken Gekido to Tetsuo Daishinji, Ryo had to take the Seiken once more after the returning Spider Megid kidnapped Sora during their day off. He manages to vanquish the Megid as Kamen Rider Buster, intent in proving to his son that he is the strongest swordsman and a proud father.
Six years later, Ryo and his family visit the grave of the now deceased Kame-sensei. As Haruka prepares to go overseas for her business trip, Ryo receives a phone call from Kento, who was requesting assistance for Touma Kamiyama and Rintaro as they were fighting a Megid. Ryo hoists his son to his shoulder and dispatches to their location.
Meeting Touma Kamiyama
As Touma Kamiyama and Rintaro Shindo were having trouble against the Golem Megid, Ryo transforms into Buster to destroy the monster. He would undo his transformation and hoisted his son Sora into the air. He later introduced himself to Touma and learned that he was novelist. Ryo laughed at the prospect of a swordsman being a novelist and wish him luck during the rough times ahead. Around that time, a new Megid was created that was spiriting away people using bubbles to which his son was a victim of. This enraged him as he strolled onto the battlefield demanding to know where his son was. Despite his amazing strength, he was unable to defeat the Megid and save his son.
Regrouping back at the Fantastic Bookstore Kamiyama, Ryo berated Touma for failing to protect him. Touma however, reassures that he will save Sora and that he'll keep his promise. Ryo was later convinced by Kento to trust in Touma as he hasn't broken a promise yet. He decides to place some faith in him and decides rather than let Touma fight a resurrected enemy, Desast, he would hold him off while Touma saved his son. Touma entrusts Jackkun to Domamenoki to him and runs off to save Sora. Ryo manages to put up a good fight and chase of Desast, but Ryo continues to be worried about his son's safety. Eventually, Touma rescues Sora and reunites the pair with Ryo starting to believe he can trust the new Saber.
Ryo would continue to help fight alongside Touma and the younger Swordsmen on their quest to fight against Kamen Rider Calibur and the Megid. Although he still questioned why his friend, Hayato Fukamiya, betrayed the organization, he would learned that the current Calibur is actually Daichi Kamijo, the previous Saber. As the Calibur and the Megid created the Almighty Book, Ryo, as Buster, fought the Megid generals along with Slash, Kenzan, and Blades. While Blades had the plan to destroy the towers, Slash joined with Buster and Kenzan to confront the generals.
The Sword of Logos Conspiracy
Sometime after Daichi Kamijo's defeat, Reika Shindai declared Touma to be a traitor to the Sword of Logos. This forced Ryo along with the rest of the Northern Base swordsmen to turn against Touma as they believed he is searching for power from the Almighty Book, despite his denial. However, Ryo would witness the arrival of Yuri, who defends Touma as the Sword of Light, Kamen Rider Saikou.
As everyone was transferred back to the Southern Base, Ryo along with Tetsuo were the only ones who were skeptical regarding if Touma really did betray the guild. While he supported Tetsuo leaving the guild and helped Touma on some occasions, Ryo decided to rejoin Touma after his last duel against him. From then on, Ryo would continue to help Touma as he is being compelled by the Primitive Dragon Wonder Ride Book and his evolution as Saber Elemental Primitive Dragon, as well as new threats regarding Kamen Rider Sabela and Kento's return as Calibur.
War Against Master Logos
Ryo would continue to aid Touma during the threat of the Master Logos and the Shindai siblings upon discovery that the former is the true traitor within the Sword of Logos. After Touma successfully thwarted Master Logos' ritual to summon the Almighty Book, Master Logos was able to gain the Omni Force Wonder Ride Book and transform into Kamen Rider Solomon, proving to be a threat against the Riders.
Despite countless battles, Ryo would bear witness to the creation of Haouken Xross Saber and Touma becoming Kamen Rider Xross Saber. After Xross Saber defeated Solomon for the first time, Ryo congratulated him for his victory, with Touma granted a new power forged by the swordsmen's wishes to save the world. During the final battle against Master Logos, he and Tetsuo were in the Southern Base assisting Sabela to stop Durendal's rampage, earning their gratitude.
Final Battle Against Storious
Despite the victory against Master Logos, Storious remained to enact his plan to destroy the world. Following the death of Tassel, the destruction of Wonder World began to affect Earth. Ryo participated in minimizing the disaster, but Storious became stronger after achieving the Grimiore Wonder Ride Book and became Kamen Rider Storious. Furthermore, the Megid had ressurected the Four Sages to become his loyal followers. The final battle began to approach, Ryo spent his final moments with his wife and son before joining the rest of the swordsmen in a final march against Storious.
As they stormed into the Tower of Destruction, Ryo and the rest of the swordsmen covered for Touma as he reached Storious as he fought of a Lord of Wise. As he fought with Rintaro in defeating it, the battle was too exausting for Ryo, causing him to pass out and it was only Yuri's healing ability that allowed him to stand up. Ryo was amoung many lives that were affected by a wave of destruction, only to be restored back to normal.
One Year Later
One year after the final battle, Ryo had a picnic with Haruka and Sora, playing baseball with his son. Upon hearing word that the missing victims that were unaccounted for had suddenly returned, Ryo joined up with most of Touma's friends as they reunited with their missing friend once more.
When the Immortal Swordman, Bahato, declared his intent to destroy the world using the Book of Ruin, Ryo joined with the rest of the Northern Base swordsmen to challenge him. Kamen Rider Buster engaged the horde of Shimi while Saber fought Falchion personally. Ryo, intent on fighting to protect his son's future, wiped out the rest of the Shimi army with his fellow Swordsmen before Falchion sealed away by Saber.
Video Game Appearances
Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing
Kamen Rider Buster is a playable character (previously a boss) in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing.
Kamen Rider City Wars
Kamen Rider Buster is a playable character in Kamen Rider City Wars.
Kamen Rider Buster Genbu Shinwa is a playable character in Battle spirits with other Kamen Riders
Ryo is a prideful swordsman who cares deeply for his son, so he gets aggressive whenever something bad happens to him. Ryo heavily underestimates situations, as he looks down on both Touma and Rintaro, ignoring their advice to keep his son off the battlefield. Therefore, if something dangerous does indeed happen, Ryo doesn't calmly tackle the situation and seems to ignore any potential risks. He later decides to believe in Touma after Kento vouched for him and the novelist followed through with his promise.
Ryo also understands the value of friendships and family, as he tried to comfort Kento after their first run-in with Calibur, Kento's biological father. Knowing that Touma was closer to Kento than he was, he entrusted Needle Hedgehog and Storm Eagle to them both. As a father himself, Ryo puts his family before all else, including being a swordsman and his duty to help save the world, in order to protect the futures of Sora and children like him, as well as those of the younger swordsmen. It is his dedication to his family that becomes part of the reason he defects from the Sword of Logos after Reika threatens their wellbeing.
Despite his pride and seemingly nature to not listen, Ryo isn't completely oblivious to the corruption that Touma claims is present within the Sword of Logos. For the raid of the Southern Base, Ryo discreetly gave his Book Gate to Touma and Tetsuo and did not show any form of hatred towards the former. After confining his thoughts with his son Sora, Ryo ultimately decided to stick with his guts, joining Touma's team after one last battle with Touma.
- Expert Swordsman: As a former member of the Sword of Logos, Ryo is a highly trained and experienced swordsman which displayed considerable skill in swordsmanship, demonstrating his mastery at using Dogouken Gekido when fighting his enemies or opponents.
- Above Average Physical Strength: Though practice, Ryo has gained a notable amount of strength, being able to easily handle Dogouken Gekido, which is the heaviest Seiken. In Chapter 41, he was even able to wield two copies of Gekido simultaneously with ease.
Kamen Rider Buster
These forms are accessed by using Wonder Ride Books that are compatible with the Dogouken Gekido.
|"Genbu Shinwa! Ittou Ryodan! Butta Gire! Dogo! Dogo! Dogouken Gekido! Gekido Juuhan! Zettai soukou no taiken ga hokuhou yori ooinaru ichigeki wo tatakikomu!"|
- Rider Height: 202.1 cm
- Rider Weight: 146.7 kg
- Punching Power: 14.2 t
- Kicking Power: 26.4 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 8.4 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 8.2 seconds
Compared to Saber and Blades, Buster has higher punching power and kicking power than the two, but due to its heavy armor, his running speed and maximum jump height is significantly low.
Genbu Shinwa consists of the following parts:
- Buster Helm Genbu Shinwa (バスターヘルム 玄武神話, Basutā Herumu Genbu Shinwa): The helmet.
- Sword Crown (ソードクラウン, Sōdo Kuraun): The blade on the forehead. It is installed on the top of the head as a proof of being selected by a Seiken. It has the role of adjusting the state of Kamen Rider Buster and the Seiken, and adjusts the power balance between them and cancels transformation in an emergency. It is also a blade with a sharp edge, and can also be used in battle.
- Ground Visor (グラウンドバイザー, Guraundo Baizā): The visor. It allows the user to gaze at those who oppress the weak.
- Kaname Rock (カナメロック, Kaname Rokku, lit. Pivot Rock): The audio protectors. It stabilizes the the body's position and functions as a motion balancer that suppresses the loss of behaviour and attacks when maneuvering a large sword or performing a high-power attack.
- Genbu Shinwa Mask (ゲンブシンワマスク, Genbu Shinwa Masuku): The facial armor. It is covered with armor that protects the user from all kinds of disasters, with the power of the God Beast "Genbu Shinwa". In addition, he is good at head-butting by taking advantage of its hardness.
- Bushin Gora (ブシンゴウラ, Bushin Goura, lit. Warring God Shell): The chest armor. The armor that protects the user from all kinds of attacks, which has the power of the God Beast "Genbu Shinwa", which solidifies the whole body. Furthermore, by arranging the "Gorikikko" generator in each joint, increasing the user's durability.
- Sword Robe (ソードローブ, Sōdo Rōbu): The suit granted by the user of the Seiken "Dogouken Gekido". It is attached at the same time as the awakening of the Seiken, and gives the user the power to fight such as improving sword skills, strengthening physical abilities, and activating special abilities. Based on the form with the power of the Wonder Ride Book "Genbu Shinwa", various abilities can be added by additionally scanning the Wonder Ride Book.
- Ride Rock Arm (ライドロックアーム, Raido Rokku Āmu): The arms. The role is different between the right side, which specializes in swashbuckler attacks, and the left side, which supports it and provides stronger defense. In addition, the armor "Sword Robe" enhances the physical strength and the overwhelming power generated by the cylindrical rigidity generator "Gorikikko" (ゴーリキッコウ, Gōrikikkou, lit. Rigid Turtle Shell) makes it possible to handle heavyweight swords that are difficult to handle.
- Ride Rock Glo (ライドロックグロー, Raido Rokku Gurō, short for "Ride Rock Gloves"): The gloves. Holds the handle of the Seiken firmly by strengthening the user's grip strength. It also functions as an ability transmission road that connects the Seiken and the "Sword Robe" to convey the power of the Seiken and the abilities of the Wonder Ride Book.
- Ride Rock Leg (ライドロックレッグ, Raido Rokku Reggu): The legs. It makes various attacks by stepping on the ground powerfully like the God Beast "Genbu Shinwa" and stabilizing the upper body. In addition, the exterior "Endurance Cover" (エンドランスカバー, Endoransu Kabā) of the armor "sword robe" has been adjusted with the highest priority on durability in order to correspond to the battle style that emits high output, which is the specialty of Buster.
- Ride Rock Boots (ライドロックブーツ, Raido Rokku Būtsu): The boots. It is heavily armored with the armor "Bushin Gora" and can handle any terrain. Also, when the Special Move is activated, it shoots a heavy blow like a giant mountain with the power of Wonder Ride Book.
This form has two finishers:
- Dai Dandan (大断断［ダイダンダン］ lit. "Grand Judgement Cut"): Buster scans a Wonder Ride Book with Dodouken Gekido and executes a finisher with its power.
- Genbu Shinwa: This finisher has four variations:
- Rocks from the surrounding gather onto Dogouken Gekido, enlarging the sword to a massive size. Light orange energy then covers the blade before Buster performs an enhanced downward slash.
- Rocks from the surrounding gather onto Dogouken Gekido, enlarging the sword to a massive size. Buster then charges the sword with orange energy and performs a horizontal slash.
- With a second copy of Dogouken Gekido, Buster performs an orange energy slash with both swords simultaneously.
- Rocks from the surrounding gather onto Dogouken Gekido before transforming into a giant orange energy construct of the sword, which Buster uses to perform a downward orange energy slash. Buster then swings Dogouken Gekido, now in its normal state, launching a horizontal energy slash.
- Needle Hedgehog: A large quill forms around the Dogouken Gekido, massively enlarging the sword and generating electricity on the blade part allowing Buster to perform an enhanced blade thrust.
- Genbu Shinwa: This finisher has four variations:
- Genbu Bakusai (玄武爆砕, Genbu Bakusai, lit. Xuanwu Blaster): Buster leaps into the air and performs a dropkick.
|"Jackun to Domamenoki! Ittou Ryodan! Butta Gire! Dogo! Dogo! Dogouken Gekido! Gekido Juuhan! Zettai soukou no taiken ga hokuhou yori ooinaru ichigeki wo tatakikomu!"|
- Rider Height: 202.1 cm
- Rider Weight: 150.7 kg
- Punching Power: 15.4 t
- Kicking Power: 29.7 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 9.1 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 8.1 seconds
In this form, Buster has a slight increase to all stats compared to his base form.
Genbu Jackun adds the following part:
- Buster Helm Genbu Jackun (バスターヘルム 玄武ジャッ君, Basutā Herumu Genbu Jakkun): The helmet.
- Botanical Kaname Rock (ボタニカルカナメロック, Botanikaru Kaname Rokku, lit. Botanical Pivot Rock): The audio protectors. It stabilizes the the body's position and functions as a motion balancer that suppresses the loss of behaviour and attacks when maneuvering a large sword or performing a high-power attack. In addition, with the power of the Jackun to Domamenoki Wonder Ride Book, it is possible to manipulate the vitality of the Domamenoki (大旋断, lit. 'Tree of Earthen Beans') tree at the user's will.
- Domamenoki Arm (ドマメノキアーム, Domamenoki Āmu): The left arm. It has the power of the story "Jackun to Domamenoki" and brings a mysterious power to manipulate the vitality of the Domamenoki tree. By gaining this power, it became possible to activate the special move "Dai Sendan".
- Entangle Gaunt (インタングルガント, Intanguru Ganto, short for "Entangle Gauntlet"): The gauntlet. It has the ability to eject Domame (ドマメ lit. 'Beans') Seeds, which have outer skins harder than steel, at high speeds like bullets. In addition, by expanding and contracting the entwined vines and deploying them like a whip or rope, it can be used for various purposes such as catching distant objects and changing direction in the air.
This form has two finishers:
- Domame Dai Dandan (土豆大断断［ドマメダイダンダン］, lit. "Earth Bean Grand Judgement Cut"): Green energy surrounds the Dogouken Gekido before it is transformed into a large beanstalk, which Buster swings into the ground, crushing any enemies underneath it. Smaller vines then grow out of the main stalk and attack any surrounding enemies.
- Dai Sendan (大旋断［ダイセンダン］ lit. Grand Spinning Cut): Buster summons a beanstalk to stop an attack, and launches himself as he slashes the enemy in one cut.
Appearances: Saber Episode 4, Kamen Rider Saber: The Phoenix Swordsman and the Book of Ruin, 13, 24
These forms are accessed by using Wonder Ride Books that are not compatible with the Dogouken Gekido.
|"Bremen no Rock Band! Ittou Ryodan! Butta Gire! Dogo! Dogo! Dogouken Gekido! Gekido Juuhan! Zettai soukou no taiken ga hokuhou yori ooinaru ichigeki wo tatakikomu!"|
- Rider Height: 202.1 cm
- Rider Weight: 151.2 kg
- Punching Power: 16.6 t
- Kicking Power: 28.2 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 13.8 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 7.4 seconds
Genbu Bremen adds the following part:
- Buster Helm Genbu Bremen (バスターヘルム 玄武ブレーメン, Basutā Herumu Genbu Burēmen): The helmet.
- Bremen Kaname Rock (ブレーメンカナメロック, Burēmen Kaname Rokku, lit. Bremen Pivot Rock): The audio protectors. It functions as a motion balancer that stabilizes the trunk and suppresses the loss of behavior and attacks when maneuvering a large sword or performing a high-power attack. In addition, with the power of Bremen no Rock Band Wonder Ride Book, it is possible to read the vibrations transmitted to the air and the earth and grasp the surrounding trends like a radar.
- Gig Arm (ギグアーム, Gigu Āmu): The left arm. It has the power of the story "Bremen no Rock Band", and with the life-threatening quartet, it is possible to play music that raises the fighting ability and fighting spirit of the user and induces abnormal conditions such as hypnosis.
This forms finisher is an unnamed Rider Slash: Buster delivers a downward slash in colorful musical notes.Appearances: Saber Episodes 14-15
|"Kobuta 3Kyoudai! Ittou Ryodan! Butta Gire! Dogo! Dogo! Dogouken Gekido! Gekido Juuhan! Zettai soukou no taiken ga hokuhou yori ooinaru ichigeki wo tatakikomu!"|
- Dogouken Gekido - Transformation device and personal weapon.
- Wonder Ride Books - Transformation trinkets.
- Sword of Logos Buckle - Buster's belt and energy source.
- Sword of Logos Holder - Carrying straps for Wonder Ride Books.
- Touma Kamiyama's team:
- Touma Kamiyama/Kamen Rider Saber (II): Ryo initially distrusted him and didn't understand how he was chosen as the new Kamen Rider Saber. Ryo was very fed up with Touma's insistence on making promises that weren't guaranteed to be kept. However, seeing that Touma was genuinely sincere about it, Ryo decided to place his trust in him and was shown after Sora was returned to him. Due to Reika telling him that Touma will betray the Sword of Logos, Ryo turned against him until he slowly learned the truth. However, Ryo didn't rush to go on Touma's side because he didn't want to leave the organization without a regret if there is a chance that Touma was the evil one, then overcomes those doubts in his final fight against Touma.
- Mei Sudo: One of his newfound allies with Touma, as she looks after his son Sora.
- Yuri/Kamen Rider Saikou: Targeting Touma as a traitor, Yuri defends Touma from his former friends. However, Ryo has proven to have nothing against him.
- Sophia: Ryo's mentor and mystic of the Sword of Logos.
- Tetsuo Daishinji/Kamen Rider Slash: They are former companions of the Sword of Logos, they two were present 15 years ago in the invasion of the Megid. During the move of the S.O.L South, they are secretly teaming up to learn the reason for Touma's defection from the organization. When Tetsuo decided to leave the S.O.L in favor of fighting alongside Touma, Ryo does not hold it against him and amicably respects his decision.
- Rintaro Shindo/Kamen Rider Blades (II): Although they both belong to Sword of Logos, Ryo at first ignored him when he advised him not to put his son into battle for his safety, relying more on his strength. After Ryo left the group, he had no choice but to consider him an enemy. When Rintaro returns to Touma's side for good, their friendship was restored.
- Kento Fukamiya/Kamen Rider Espada (II)/Kamen Rider Calibur (III): Ryo shows to have an appreciation for Kento because he is Hayato's son, who was his friend. But he was left stunned to find him as the new Calibur in front of the others. when Kento joins team, Ryo gladly accepts it.
- Reika Shindai/Kamen Rider Sabela: Ryo hates Reika because of how she expresses herself to her friends and for the fact that he used his son to blackmail him. They later end up betrayed by Isaac.
- Ryoga Shindai/Kamen Rider Durendal: Former comrade to the Sword of Logos when they invaded the Northern Branch base. They later end up betrayed by Isaac.
- Kenshin Nagamine/Kamen Rider Blades (I): One of Ryo's deceased comrades who died by Zooous' hands.
- Kyoichiro Shinsen/Kamen Rider Espada (I): One of Ryo's deceased comrades killed by Desast.
- Akane Kagami/Kamen Rider Kenzan (I): One of Ryo's deceased comrades killed by Desast.
- Toshikazu Kamikawa/Kamen Rider Buster (I): His teacher and predecessor. Kamemigawa bought Ryo a can of soda to thank him for helping the former shut the students up for being disruptive. He later returns the favor by helping Ryo and Haruka escape from a horde of Shimi.
- Desast: Both have met 15 years ago, and considered themselves rivals.
- Hayato Fukamiya/Kamen Rider Calibur (I): They were best friends until he thought Hayato betrayed the Sword of Logos during the incident 15 years ago, but he found out that it was the current Calibur not his old friend.
- Daichi Kamijo/Kamen Rider Saber (I)/Kamen Rider Calibur (II): Before discovering that the current Calibur was none other than the former Saber Daichi Kamijo, Ryo thought it was his old friend Hayato Fukamiya.
- Ren Akamichi/Kamen Rider Kenzan (II): After Ryo left the group he had no choice but to consider him an enemy. Both Ryo and Tetsuo try to find and recruit him to Touma's side.
- Bahato/Kamen Rider Falchion: One of his enemies.
- Master Logos/Isaac/Kamen Rider Solomon: The true enemy of the swordsmen.
Behind the Scenes
- As with the naming scheme with all the Saber Riders, Buster's name is a corruption on the term "bastard sword", which were large two-handed swords used in Europe during the 17th century.
- As with the surname scheme of other members of Sword of Logos, Ryo's surname, Ogami, contains a homophone of the kanji Kami (神) using its alternate reading "Gami".
To be added
- While Ryo isn't the first character in the franchise to be both a Rider and a parent, he is the first to be active in both fields simultaneously from the very start. According to Ikushima, Ryo is an Ikumen (イクメン), men who actively take care and spend more time with their children.
- Ryo's own manga series takes place 20 years before the events of the show, when Ryo was 17-years-old. It is also officially stated that Ryo is 36 during the events of the series, while Ikushimwa was roughly around the same age when filming began. While Tetsuo Daishinji's age isn't publicly known, Ryo has stated that Tetsuo was an "old guy" implying that he was a lot older than he looks. This would make Ryo the second oldest active member of the Northern Base in the current generation, while Yuri is the oldest Rider overall.
- "TV Asahi's page for Buster Genbu Shinwa". https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/saber/rider/buster/genbu_shinwa/stand.html.
- "TV Asahi's page for Buster Genbu Jackun". https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/saber/rider/buster/genbu_jackun/stand.html.
- "TV Asahi's page for Buster Genbu Bremn". https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/saber/rider/buster/genbu_bremen/stand.html.