|This article is about a Rider in Kamen Rider Saber.|
|"One: evil bastards... Two: shall feel the earth's rage... Three: It's already decided, so there's no point in arguing!"|
|―Buster's pre-battle catchphrase[src]|
Ryo Ogami (尾上 亮, Ogami Ryō) is a 36-year-old (44 as of Trio of Deep Sin) member of the Sword of Logos who transforms into Kamen Rider Buster (仮面ライダーバスター, Kamen Raidā Basutā). Formerly affiliated with the Northern Base, he was briefly transferred to the Southern Base before joining Touma's team for good.
- 1 History
- 2 Other Events
- 3 Video Game Appearances
- 4 Personality
- 5 Family
- 6 Abilities
- 7 Kamen Rider Buster
- 8 Equipment
- 9 Relationships
- 10 Behind the Scenes
- 11 Notes
- 12 Appearances
- 13 References
- 14 Navigation
Ryo Ogami was born in 1984 and had lost his father due to illness when he was young. In his youth, he was close friends with Haruka Kiritani, who had always protected him from bullies, and both attended Kagari High School together. During his third year, Ogami found the Genbu Shinwa Wonder Ride Book and was later rescued by his teacher, Toshikazu Kamikawa, from a group of Shimi. Ogami accepted Kamikawa's offer to become his successor to inherit Dogouken Gekido. He later meets Hayato Fukamiya and trained with him following Kamikawa's declining health under the condition that Ogami trains his son, Kento, in the future.
Ogami was practiced to become the latest incarnation of Kamen Rider Buster, declaring himself as the "strongest swordsman in the world". After confessing his love to Haruka and graduating high school, Ogami was officiated into Sword of Logos. Four years later, he would meet Master Logos and became close friends with Tetsuo Daishinji. Ogami would become involved with the battle between the Sword of Logos and the Megid, and witnessed the demises of Amane Kagami and Kyoichiro Shinsen at the hands of Desast. With most of the swordsmen either killed in action, missing, and rendered unable to fight again, this forced Ogami to be the only swordsman remaining in the Northern Base at the time.
For the next fifteen years, Ogami had married Haruka and beared a son together named Sora. He proceeded to train the next generation of swordsmen to inherit the Seiken of the fallen. While Ogami tried to fulfill more responsibilities as a father following his wife's brief illness, he found it difficult to juggle both lives after Sora had an accident while home alone. While he confided with Kamikawa about the consideration to quit being a swordsman, an encounter with the Spider Megid forced Ogami to fight the Megid to protect Sora, intent in proving to his son that he is the strongest swordsman and a proud father.
The Land Swordsman
Ryo Ogami was dispatched to aid Kamen Rider Saber and Kamen Rider Blades against the Golem Megid, bringing along Sora along to watch him defeat the monster with ease as Kamen Rider Buster. Ogami would formally meet the latest incarnation of Saber and noticeably unsure if the novelist had what it takes for the rough times ahead. When the Hanzaki Megid abducted Sora, it sent Ogami in a enraged frenzy until Touma promised him that he'll save his son. After Kento conviced him to place his faith onto Touma, Ogami lets the novelist save the Hanzaki Megid's victims while he settles a score with Desast. After he put up a good fight against his advesary, Sora is brought back to his arms much to Ogami's pleasure.
Ogami proceeds to help out his juniors and he would learn of the reemergence of the dark swordsman Kamen Rider Calibur. Under the assumption that it was Hayato Fukamiya, Ogami questioned why his old friend had betrayed the organization to join the Megid. However, it would soon be revealed that current Calibur is actually Daichi Kamijo, the previous Saber. While Ogami pressed on to fight his former teammate, it would eventually result in the loss of Kento, having been lost into the darkness as the battle with Calibur progressed.
As Kamijo enacted to seize the Almighty Book, Buster fought with Slash, Kenzan, and Blades to hold off the Megid generals while Saber chased after Calibur. Ogami and the rest of the Northern Base swordsmen would warmly welcome Touma back once he returned from the in the realm of the Almighty Book.
Sword of Logos Conspiracy
Following the defeat of Calibur and Sophia's disappearance, Reika Shindai appeared to the Northern Base swordsmen to accuse Touma had betrayed the Sword of Logos. While Touma defended himself that there's a true enemy within the guild, Ogami was forced to fight his friend but is stopped by Kamen Rider Saikou's intervention that forced the Northern Base swordsmen to draw back. While everyone is transferred back to the Southern Base, Ogami and Daishinji remained skeptical whether Touma really did betray the guild.
Ogami became farther disillusioned with the Sword of Logos after Daishinji left the guild, especially after Reika brought up the reason for Sora's safety is because of the organization. While he helped Touma on some occasions, Ogami decided to duel him after his transformation into Primitive Dragon. The battle ends with Ogami barely winning despite their attacks, Ogami was able to stand up faster than Touma. But because of the fight, Ogami was able to trust Touma and announces that he will join his side.
While Ogami reassembles back at the Northern Base, he and Daishinji came face to face with Reika Shindai. Realizing her use of the Eneiken Noroshi, Ogami demanded answers from her but is swiftly defeated after her transformation into Kamen Rider Saikou. It was during this battle where he discovered Kento had returned from the darkness as Kamen Rider Calibur, on the pursuit to seal the Seiken. Ogami would continue to assist Touma as he is being compelled by the Primitive Dragon and was there to witness his evolution into Saber Elemental Primitive Dragon.
Following Rintaro's defection from the Sword of Logos, Ogami learnt that the true enemy of the guild was actually Master Logos himself, much to his anger. After welcoming Rintaro in open arms, Ogami began to finding Ren Akamichi in hopes of joining forces like old times.
War against Master Logos
When Master Logos disabled the Northern Base defenses, the Megid and the Shindai siblings raid the base. Ogami joined with Rintaro to hold off the Megid forces and is beaten by Zooous Predator. He would lose Dogouken Gekido and the majority of his Wonder Ride Books to Reika Shindai in the process. When Luna made her return and had gone missing, Ogami went out to search for her and is forced to surrender when he and Daishinji were held hostage. While Touma managed to foil Master Logos' ritual to summon the Almighty Book, Ogami regains his arsenal back in his hands.
However, Master Logos is able to obtain a portion of the Almighty Book and transform into Kamen Rider Solomon, who proved to be a formidable adversary. Despite countless battles, Ogami would bear witness to the creation of Haouken Xross Saber and Touma becoming Kamen Rider Xross Saber. After Xross Saber defeated Solomon for the first time, Ogami congratulated him for his victory, with Touma granted a new power forged by the swordsmen's wishes to save the world. During the final battle against Master Logos, he and Daishinji arrived in the Southern Base to assist Sabela to stop Durendal's rampage, earning their gratitude.
Though they were victorious against Master Logos, Storious began to enact his plan to destroy the world. Following Tassel's death, the destruction of World World began affecting Earth. Ogami participated in minimizing the disaster, but Storious grew stronger after becoming Kamen Rider Storious, ressurecting the Four Sages in the process as his loyal followers.
As the final battle approaches, Kamen Rider Buster joins the swordsmen as they storm Storious' Tower of Destruction. Ogami engaged of a Lord of Wise, while covering for Touma as he reached Storious' chamber. Although he fought with Rintaro in defeating it, the battle was too exausting for Ogami, causing him to pass out and it was only Yuri's healing ability that allowed him to stand up. As the world eventually disintegated, Ogami was amoung many lives that were affected by a wave of destruction. However, once Touma became the Guardian of Wonder World, Ogami was amoung the populace resurrected in the restored Earth.
One Year Later
One year after the final battle, Ogami had a picnic with Haruka and Sora, playing baseball with his son. Upon hearing word that the missing victims that were unaccounted for had suddenly returned, Ogami joined up with most of Touma's friends as they reunited with their missing friend once more.
When the Immortal Swordsman, Bahato, unleashes his destruction to the world using the Book of Ruin, Ogami joined with the Northern Base swordsmen to battle in Wonder World. Kamen Rider Buster engaged the Shimi horde as Saber fought Falchion personally. Ogami, intent on fighting to protect future for his son Sora, wiped out the Shimi army with his fellow Swordsmen before Falchion was sealed away by Saber Emotional Dragon.
One day, Touma was sent to the world of Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger with Mei Sudo and Yuri as a result of Asmodeus' awakening. As a result of Shotaro Ishinomori's unsatisfaction, Ogami was amoung the heroes who vanished. When Asmodeus raised more monsters, Touma and Shotaro arrived with their latest creations. Touma unveils Super Hero Senki, while Shotaro unveils Kamen Rider 1 and Himitsu Sentai Gorenger, allowing the Kamen Riders and Sentai Rangers to remanifest. Ogami as Kamen Rider Buster joins his fellow swordsmen, the Kamen Riders, and the Super Sentai to battle Asmodeus's forces, emerging victorious in the ensuing battle.
Video Game Appearances
Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing
Kamen Rider Buster is a playable character (previously a boss) in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing.
Kamen Rider City Wars
Kamen Rider Buster is a playable character in Kamen Rider City Wars.
Kamen Rider Buster Genbu Shinwa is a playable character in Battle spirits with other Kamen Riders
Ryo is a prideful swordsman who cares deeply for his son, so he gets aggressive whenever something bad happens to him. Ryo heavily underestimates situations, as he looks down on both Touma and Rintaro, ignoring their advice to keep his son off the battlefield. Therefore, if something dangerous does indeed happen, Ryo doesn't calmly tackle the situation and seems to ignore any potential risks. He later decides to believe in Touma after Kento vouched for him and the novelist followed through with his promise.
Ryo also understands the value of friendships and family, as he tried to comfort Kento after their first run-in with Calibur, Kento's biological father. Knowing that Touma was closer to Kento than he was, he entrusted Needle Hedgehog and Storm Eagle to them both. As a father himself, Ryo puts his family before all else, including being a swordsman and his duty to help save the world, in order to protect the futures of Sora and children like him, as well as those of the younger swordsmen. It is his dedication to his family that becomes part of the reason he defects from the Sword of Logos after Reika threatens their wellbeing.
Despite his pride and seemingly nature to not listen, Ryo isn't completely oblivious to the corruption that Touma claims is present within the Sword of Logos. For the raid of the Southern Base, Ryo discreetly gave his Book Gate to Touma and Tetsuo and did not show any form of hatred towards the former. After confining his thoughts with his son Sora, Ryo ultimately decided to stick with his guts, joining Touma's team after one last battle with Touma.
- Expert Swordsman: As a former member of the Sword of Logos, Ryo is a highly trained and experienced swordsman which displayed considerable skill in swordsmanship, demonstrating his mastery at using Dogouken Gekido when fighting his enemies or opponents.
- Above Average Physical Strength: Though practice, Ryo has gained a notable amount of strength, being able to easily handle Dogouken Gekido, which is the heaviest Seiken. In Chapter 41, he was even able to wield two copies of Gekido simultaneously with ease.
Kamen Rider Buster
These forms are accessed by using Wonder Ride Books that are compatible with the Dogouken Gekido.
|"Genbu Shinwa! Ittou Ryodan! Butta Gire! Dogo! Dogo! Dogouken Gekido! Gekido Juuhan! Zettai soukou no taiken ga hokuhou yori ooinaru ichigeki wo tatakikomu!"|
- Rider Height: 202.1 cm
- Rider Weight: 146.7 kg
- Punching Power: 14.2 t
- Kicking Power: 26.4 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 8.4 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 8.2 seconds
Compared to Saber and Blades, Buster has higher punching power and kicking power than the two, but due to its heavy armor, his running speed and maximum jump height is significantly low.
Genbu Shinwa consists of the following parts:
- Buster Helm Genbu Shinwa (バスターヘルム 玄武神話, Basutā Herumu Genbu Shinwa): The helmet.
- Sword Crown (ソードクラウン, Sōdo Kuraun): The blade on the forehead. It is installed on the top of the head as a proof of being selected by a Seiken. It has the role of adjusting the state of Kamen Rider Buster and the Seiken, and adjusts the power balance between them and cancels transformation in an emergency. It is also a blade with a sharp edge, and can also be used in battle.
- Ground Visor (グラウンドバイザー, Guraundo Baizā): The visor. It allows the user to gaze at those who oppress the weak.
- Kaname Rock (カナメロック, Kaname Rokku, lit. Pivot Rock): The audio protectors. It stabilizes the the body's position and functions as a motion balancer that suppresses the loss of behaviour and attacks when maneuvering a large sword or performing a high-power attack.
- Genbu Shinwa Mask (ゲンブシンワマスク, Genbu Shinwa Masuku): The facial armor. It is covered with armor that protects the user from all kinds of disasters, with the power of the God Beast "Genbu Shinwa". In addition, he is good at head-butting by taking advantage of its hardness.
- Bushin Gora (ブシンゴウラ, Bushin Goura, lit. Warring God Shell): The chest armor. The armor that protects the user from all kinds of attacks, which has the power of the God Beast "Genbu Shinwa", which solidifies the whole body. Furthermore, by arranging the "Gorikikko" generator in each joint, increasing the user's durability.
- Sword Robe (ソードローブ, Sōdo Rōbu): The suit granted by the user of the Seiken "Dogouken Gekido". It is attached at the same time as the awakening of the Seiken, and gives the user the power to fight such as improving sword skills, strengthening physical abilities, and activating special abilities. Based on the form with the power of the Wonder Ride Book "Genbu Shinwa", various abilities can be added by additionally scanning the Wonder Ride Book.
- Ride Rock Arm (ライドロックアーム, Raido Rokku Āmu): The arms. The role is different between the right side, which specializes in swashbuckler attacks, and the left side, which supports it and provides stronger defense. In addition, the armor "Sword Robe" enhances the physical strength and the overwhelming power generated by the cylindrical rigidity generator "Gorikikko" (ゴーリキッコウ, Gōrikikkou, lit. Rigid Turtle Shell) makes it possible to handle heavyweight swords that are difficult to handle.
- Ride Rock Glo (ライドロックグロー, Raido Rokku Gurō, short for "Ride Rock Gloves"): The gloves. Holds the handle of the Seiken firmly by strengthening the user's grip strength. It also functions as an ability transmission road that connects the Seiken and the "Sword Robe" to convey the power of the Seiken and the abilities of the Wonder Ride Book.
- Ride Rock Leg (ライドロックレッグ, Raido Rokku Reggu): The legs. It makes various attacks by stepping on the ground powerfully like the God Beast "Genbu Shinwa" and stabilizing the upper body. In addition, the exterior "Endurance Cover" (エンドランスカバー, Endoransu Kabā) of the armor "sword robe" has been adjusted with the highest priority on durability in order to correspond to the battle style that emits high output, which is the specialty of Buster.
- Ride Rock Boots (ライドロックブーツ, Raido Rokku Būtsu): The boots. It is heavily armored with the armor "Bushin Gora" and can handle any terrain. Also, when the Special Move is activated, it shoots a heavy blow like a giant mountain with the power of Wonder Ride Book.
This form has two finishers:
- Dai Dandan (大断断［ダイダンダン］ lit. "Grand Judgement Cut"): Buster scans a Wonder Ride Book with Dodouken Gekido and executes a finisher with its power.
- Genbu Shinwa: This finisher has four variations:
- Rocks from the surrounding gather onto Dogouken Gekido, enlarging the sword to a massive size. Light orange energy then covers the blade before Buster performs an enhanced downward slash.
- Rocks from the surrounding gather onto Dogouken Gekido, enlarging the sword to a massive size. Buster then charges the sword with orange energy and performs a horizontal slash.
- With a second copy of Dogouken Gekido, Buster performs an orange energy slash with both swords simultaneously.
- Rocks from the surrounding gather onto Dogouken Gekido before transforming into a giant orange energy construct of the sword, which Buster uses to perform a downward orange energy slash. Buster then swings Dogouken Gekido, now in its normal state, launching a horizontal energy slash.
- Needle Hedgehog: A large quill forms around the Dogouken Gekido, massively enlarging the sword and generating electricity on the blade part allowing Buster to perform an enhanced blade thrust.
- Genbu Shinwa: This finisher has four variations:
- Genbu Bakusai (玄武爆砕, Genbu Bakusai, lit. Xuanwu Blaster): Buster leaps into the air and performs a dropkick.
|"Jackun to Domamenoki! Ittou Ryodan! Butta Gire! Dogo! Dogo! Dogouken Gekido! Gekido Juuhan! Zettai soukou no taiken ga hokuhou yori ooinaru ichigeki wo tatakikomu!"|
- Rider Height: 202.1 cm
- Rider Weight: 150.7 kg
- Punching Power: 15.4 t
- Kicking Power: 29.7 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 9.1 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 8.1 seconds
In this form, Buster has a slight increase to all stats compared to his base form.
Genbu Jackun adds the following part:
- Buster Helm Genbu Jackun (バスターヘルム 玄武ジャッ君, Basutā Herumu Genbu Jakkun): The helmet.
- Botanical Kaname Rock (ボタニカルカナメロック, Botanikaru Kaname Rokku, lit. Botanical Pivot Rock): The audio protectors. It stabilizes the the body's position and functions as a motion balancer that suppresses the loss of behaviour and attacks when maneuvering a large sword or performing a high-power attack. In addition, with the power of the Jackun to Domamenoki Wonder Ride Book, it is possible to manipulate the vitality of the Domamenoki (大旋断, lit. 'Tree of Earthen Beans') tree at the user's will.
- Domamenoki Arm (ドマメノキアーム, Domamenoki Āmu): The left arm. It has the power of the story "Jackun to Domamenoki" and brings a mysterious power to manipulate the vitality of the Domamenoki tree. By gaining this power, it became possible to activate the special move "Dai Sendan".
- Entangle Gaunt (インタングルガント, Intanguru Ganto, short for "Entangle Gauntlet"): The gauntlet. It has the ability to eject Domame (ドマメ lit. 'Beans') Seeds, which have outer skins harder than steel, at high speeds like bullets. In addition, by expanding and contracting the entwined vines and deploying them like a whip or rope, it can be used for various purposes such as catching distant objects and changing direction in the air.
This form has two finishers:
- Domame Dai Dandan (土豆大断断［ドマメダイダンダン］, lit. "Earth Bean Grand Judgement Cut"): Green energy surrounds the Dogouken Gekido before it is transformed into a large beanstalk, which Buster swings into the ground, crushing any enemies underneath it. Smaller vines then grow out of the main stalk and attack any surrounding enemies.
- Dai Sendan (大旋断［ダイセンダン］ lit. Grand Spinning Cut): Buster summons a beanstalk to stop an attack, and launches himself as he slashes the enemy in one cut.
Appearances: Saber Episode 4, Kamen Rider Saber: The Phoenix Swordsman and the Book of Ruin, 13, 24
These forms are accessed by using Wonder Ride Books that are not compatible with the Dogouken Gekido.
|"Bremen no Rock Band! Ittou Ryodan! Butta Gire! Dogo! Dogo! Dogouken Gekido! Gekido Juuhan! Zettai soukou no taiken ga hokuhou yori ooinaru ichigeki wo tatakikomu!"|
- Rider Height: 202.1 cm
- Rider Weight: 151.2 kg
- Punching Power: 16.6 t
- Kicking Power: 28.2 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 13.8 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 7.4 seconds
Genbu Bremen adds the following part:
- Buster Helm Genbu Bremen (バスターヘルム 玄武ブレーメン, Basutā Herumu Genbu Burēmen): The helmet.
- Bremen Kaname Rock (ブレーメンカナメロック, Burēmen Kaname Rokku, lit. Bremen Pivot Rock): The audio protectors. It functions as a motion balancer that stabilizes the trunk and suppresses the loss of behavior and attacks when maneuvering a large sword or performing a high-power attack. In addition, with the power of Bremen no Rock Band Wonder Ride Book, it is possible to read the vibrations transmitted to the air and the earth and grasp the surrounding trends like a radar.
- Gig Arm (ギグアーム, Gigu Āmu): The left arm. It has the power of the story "Bremen no Rock Band", and with the life-threatening quartet, it is possible to play music that raises the fighting ability and fighting spirit of the user and induces abnormal conditions such as hypnosis.
This forms finisher is an unnamed Rider Slash: Buster delivers a downward slash in colorful musical notes.Appearances: Saber Episodes 14-15
|"Kobuta 3Kyoudai! Ittou Ryodan! Butta Gire! Dogo! Dogo! Dogouken Gekido! Gekido Juuhan! Zettai soukou no taiken ga hokuhou yori ooinaru ichigeki wo tatakikomu!"|
- Dogouken Gekido - Transformation device and personal weapon.
- Wonder Ride Books - Transformation trinkets.
- Sword of Logos Buckle - Buster's belt and energy source.
- Sword of Logos Holder - Carrying straps for Wonder Ride Books.
- Touma Kamiyama's team:
- Touma Kamiyama/Kamen Rider Saber (II): Ryo initially distrusted him and didn't understand how he was chosen as the new Kamen Rider Saber. Ryo was very fed up with Touma's insistence on making promises that weren't guaranteed to be kept. However, seeing that Touma was genuinely sincere about it, Ryo decided to place his trust in him and was shown after Sora was returned to him. Due to Reika telling him that Touma will betray the Sword of Logos, Ryo turned against him until he slowly learned the truth. However, Ryo didn't rush to go on Touma's side because he didn't want to leave the organization without a regret if there is a chance that Touma was the evil one, then overcomes those doubts in his final fight against Touma.
- Mei Sudo: One of his newfound allies with Touma, as she looks after his son Sora.
- Yuri/Kamen Rider Saikou: Targeting Touma as a traitor, Yuri defends Touma from his former friends. However, Ryo has proven to have nothing against him.
- Sophia: Ryo's mentor and mystic of the Sword of Logos.
- Tetsuo Daishinji/Kamen Rider Slash: They are former companions of the Sword of Logos, they two were present 15 years ago in the invasion of the Megid. During the move of the S.O.L South, they are secretly teaming up to learn the reason for Touma's defection from the organization. When Tetsuo decided to leave the S.O.L in favor of fighting alongside Touma, Ryo does not hold it against him and amicably respects his decision.
- Rintaro Shindo/Kamen Rider Blades (II): Although they both belong to Sword of Logos, Ryo at first ignored him when he advised him not to put his son into battle for his safety, relying more on his strength. After Ryo left the group, he had no choice but to consider him an enemy. When Rintaro returns to Touma's side for good, their friendship was restored.
- Kento Fukamiya/Kamen Rider Espada (II)/Kamen Rider Calibur (III): Ryo shows to have an appreciation for Kento because he is Hayato's son, who was his friend. But he was left stunned to find him as the new Calibur in front of the others. when Kento joins team, Ryo gladly accepts it.
- Reika Shindai/Kamen Rider Sabela: Ryo hates Reika because of how she expresses herself to her friends and for the fact that he used his son to blackmail him. They later end up betrayed by Isaac.
- Ryoga Shindai/Kamen Rider Durendal: Former comrade to the Sword of Logos when they invaded the Northern Branch base. They later end up betrayed by Isaac.
- Ren Akamichi/Kamen Rider Kenzan (II): After Ryo left the group he had no choice but to consider him an enemy. Both Ryo and Tetsuo try to find and recruit him to Touma's side. Eventually, Ren joined the team and their relationship was restored.
- Kenshin Nagamine/Kamen Rider Blades (I): One of Ryo's deceased comrades who died by Zooous' hands.
- Kyoichiro Shinsen/Kamen Rider Espada (I): One of Ryo's deceased comrades killed by Desast.
- Akane Kagami/Kamen Rider Kenzan (I): One of Ryo's deceased comrades killed by Desast.
- Toshikazu Kamikawa/Kamen Rider Buster (I): His teacher and predecessor. Kamemigawa bought Ryo a can of soda to thank him for helping the former shut the students up for being disruptive. He later returns the favor by helping Ryo and Haruka escape from a horde of Shimi.
- Desast: Both have met 15 years ago, and considered themselves rivals.
- Hayato Fukamiya/Kamen Rider Calibur (I): They were best friends until he thought Hayato betrayed the Sword of Logos during the incident 15 years ago, but he found out that it was the current Calibur not his old friend.
- Daichi Kamijo/Kamen Rider Saber (I)/Kamen Rider Calibur (II): Before discovering that the current Calibur was none other than the former Saber Daichi Kamijo, Ryo thought it was his old friend Hayato Fukamiya.
- Bahato/Kamen Rider Falchion: One of his enemies.
- Master Logos/Isaac/Kamen Rider Solomon: The true enemy of the swordsmen.
Behind the Scenes
- As with the naming scheme with all the Saber Riders, Buster's name is a corruption on the term "bastard sword", which were large two-handed swords used in Europe during the 17th century.
- As with the surname scheme of other members of Sword of Logos, Ryo's surname, Ogami, contains a homophone of the kanji Kami (神) using its alternate reading "Gami".
To be added
- While Ryo isn't the first character in the franchise to be both a Rider and a parent, he is the first to be active in both fields simultaneously from the very start. According to Ikushima, Ryo is an Ikumen (イクメン), men who actively take care and spend more time with their children.
- Ryo's own manga series takes place 20 years before the events of the show, when Ryo was 17-years-old. It is also officially stated that Ryo is 36 during the events of the series, while Ikushimwa was roughly around the same age when filming began. While Tetsuo Daishinji's age isn't publicly known, Ryo has stated that Tetsuo was an "old guy" implying that he was a lot older than he looks. This would make Ryo the second oldest active member of the Northern Base in the current generation, while Yuri is the oldest Rider overall.
- "TV Asahi's page for Buster Genbu Shinwa". https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/saber/rider/buster/genbu_shinwa/stand.html.
- "TV Asahi's page for Buster Genbu Jackun". https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/saber/rider/buster/genbu_jackun/stand.html.
- "TV Asahi's page for Buster Genbu Bremn". https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/saber/rider/buster/genbu_bremen/stand.html.