|This article is about a/an Rider in Kamen Rider Saber.|
- "One: evil bastards... Two: shall feel the earth's rage... Three: It's already decided, so there's no point in arguing!"
- ―Buster's pre-battle catchphrase[src]
Ryo used to be the best friend of Hayato, and is currently investigating Hayato's betrayal of the Sword of Logos. He has a son named Sora.
Ryo is a prideful swordsman who cares deeply for his son, so he gets aggressive whenever something bad happens to him. Ryo heavily underestimates situations, as he looks down on both Touma and Rintaro, ignoring their advice to keep his son off the battlefield. Therefore, if something dangerous does indeed happen, Ryo doesn't calmly tackle the situation and seems to ignore any potential risks. He later decides to believe in Touma after Kento vouched for him and the novelist followed through with his promise.
Ryo also understands the value of friendships and family, as he tried to comfort Kento after their first run-in with Calibur, Kento's biological father. Knowing that Touma was closer to Kento than he was, he entrusted Needle Hedgehog and Storm Eagle to them both.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing
Kamen Rider Buster is a playable character (previously a boss) in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing.
- "Genbu Shinwa! Ittō Ryōdan! Butta Gire! Dogo! Dogo! Dogouken Gekido! Gekido jūhan! Zettai sōkō no taiken ga hokuhō yori ōinaru ichigeki o tatakikomu!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Rider Height: 202.1 cm
- Rider Weight: 146.7 kg
- Punching Power: 14.2 t
- Kicking Power: 26.4 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 8.4 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 8.2 seconds
Compared to Saber and Blades, Buster has higher punching power and kicking power than the two, but due to its heavy armor, his running speed and maximum jump height is significantly low.
Genbu Shinwa consists of the following parts:
- Buster Helm Genbu Shinwa (バスターヘルム 玄武神話 Basutā Herumu Genbu Shinwa): The helmet.
- Sword Crown (ソードクラウン Sōdo Kuraun): The blade on the forehead. It is installed on the top of the head as a proof of being selected by a Seiken. It has the role of adjusting the state of Kamen Rider Buster and the Seiken, and adjusts the power balance between them and cancels transformation in an emergency. It is also a blade with a sharp edge, and can also be used in battle.
- Ground Visor (グラウンドバイザー): The visors. It allows the user to gaze at those who oppress the weak.
- Kaname Rock (カナメロック Kaname Rokku, lit. Pivot Rock): The audio protectors. It stabilizes the the body's position and functions as a motion balancer that suppresses the loss of behaviour and attacks when maneuvering a large sword or performing a high-power attack.
- Genbu Shinwa Mask (ゲンブシンワマスク Genbu Shinwa Masuku): The facial armor. It is covered with armor that protects the user from all kinds of disasters, with the power of the God Beast "Genbu Shinwa". In addition, he is good at head-butting by taking advantage of its hardness.
- Bushin Gora (ブシンゴウラ Bushin Goura, lit. Warring God Shell): The chest armor. The armor that protects the user from all kinds of attacks, which has the power of the God Beast "Genbu Shinwa", which solidifies the whole body. Furthermore, by arranging the "Gorikikko" generator in each joint, increasing the user's durability.
- Sword Robe (ソードローブ Sōdo Rōbu): The suit granted by the user of the Seiken "Dogouken Gekido". It is attached at the same time as the awakening of the Seiken, and gives the user the power to fight such as improving sword skills, strengthening physical abilities, and activating special abilities. Based on the form with the power of the Wonder Ride Book "Genbu Shinwa", various abilities can be added by additionally scanning the Wonder Ride Book.
- Ride Rock Arm (ライドロックアーム Raido Rokku Āmu): The arms. The role is different between the right side, which specializes in swashbuckler attacks, and the left side, which supports it and provides stronger defense. In addition, the armor "Sword Robe" enhances the physical strength and the overwhelming power generated by the cylindrical rigidity generator "Gorikikko" (ゴーリキッコウ Gōrikikkou, lit. Rigid Turtle Shell) makes it possible to handle heavyweight swords that are difficult to handle.
- Ride Rock Glo (ライドロックグロー Raido Rokku Gurō, short for "Ride Rock Gloves"): The gloves. Holds the handle of the Seiken firmly by strengthening the user's grip strength. It also functions as an ability transmission road that connects the Seiken and the "Sword Robe" to convey the power of the Seiken and the abilities of the Wonder Ride Book.
- Ride Rock Leg (ライドロックレッグ Raido Rokku Reggu): The legs. It makes various attacks by stepping on the ground powerfully like the God Beast "Genbu Shinwa" and stabilizing the upper body. In addition, the exterior "Endurance Cover" (エンドランスカバー Endoransu Kabā) of the armor "sword robe" has been adjusted with the highest priority on durability in order to correspond to the battle style that emits high output, which is the specialty of Buster.
- Ride Rock Boots (ライドロックブーツ Raido Rokku Būtsu): The boots. It is heavily armored with the armor "Bushin Gora" and can handle any terrain. Also, when the Special Move is activated, it shoots a heavy blow like a giant mountain with the power of Wonder Ride Book.
- Sword of Logos Holders (ソードオブロゴスホルダー Sōdo Obu Rogosu Horudā): Storage for extra Wonder Ride Books. Mounted on the back of the Sword of Logos Buckle, it can hold two books on the right and one on the left.
This form's finisher is Dai Dandan (大断断［ダイダンダン］ lit. "Grand Judgement Cut"): Surrounding rocks gather onto the Dogouken Gekido, massively enlarging the sword and generating energy on the blade part allowing Buster to perform an enhanced downward / horizontal slash.
- Rider Height: 202.1 cm
- Rider Weight: 150.7 kg
- Punching Power: 15.4 t
- Kicking Power: 29.7 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 9.1 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 8.1 seconds
In this form, Buster has a slight increase to all stats compared to his base form.
Genbu Jackun adds the following part:
- Buster Helm Genbu Jackun (バスターヘルム 玄武ジャッ君 Basutā Herumu Genbu Jakkun): The helmet.
- Botanical Kaname Rock (ボタニカルカナメロック Botanikaru Kaname Rokku, lit. Botanical Pivot Rock): The audio protectors. It stabilizes the the body's position and functions as a motion balancer that suppresses the loss of behaviour and attacks when maneuvering a large sword or performing a high-power attack. In addition, with the power of Jackun-to-Domamenoki Wonder Ride Book, it is possible to manipulate the vitality of the Domamenoki (大旋断) tree at the user's will.
- Domamenoki Arm (ドマメノキアーム Domamenoki Āmu): The left arm. It has the power of the story "Jackun Domamenoki" and brings a mysterious power to manipulate the vitality of the Domamenoki tree. By gaining this power, it became possible to activate the special move "Dai Sendan".
- Entangle Gaunt (インタングルガント Intanguru Ganto, short for "Entangle Gauntlet"): The fauntlet. It has the ability to eject Domame (ドマメ) Seeds, which have outer skins harder than steel, at high speeds like bullets. In addition, by expanding and contracting the entwined vines and deploying them like a whip or rope, it can be used for various purposes such as catching distant objects and changing direction in the air.
This form’s finisher is the Dai Sendan (大旋断［ダイセンダン］ lit. Grand Spinning Cut): Buster summons a beanstalk to stop an attack, and launches himself as he slashes the enemy in one cut.
- Dogouken Gekido - Transformation device and personal weapon.
- Wonder Ride Books - Transformation trinkets.
- Sword of Logos Buckle - Buster's belt and energy source.
- Touma Kamiyama/Kamen Rider Saber: Ryo initally distrusted him and didn't understand how he was chosen as the new Kamen Rider Saber. Ryo was very fed up with Touma's insistence on making promises that weren't guaranteed to be kept. However, seeing that Touma was genuinely sincere about it, Ryo decided to place his trust in him and was shown after Sora was returned to him.
- Rintaro Shindo/Kamen Rider Blades: Although they both belong to Sword of Logos, Ryo at first ignored him when he advised him not to put his son into battle for his safety, relying more on his strength.
- Kento Fukamiya/Kamen Rider Espada: Ryo shows to have an appreciation for Kento because he is Hayato's son, who was his friend.
- Sophia: Ryo's mentor and mystic of the Sword of Logos.
- Ren Akamichi/Kamen Rider Kenzan: Fellow member of the Sword of Logos.
- Tetsuo Daishinji/Kamen Rider Slash: Mechanic and fellow member of the Sword of Logos.
- Hayato Fukamiya/Kamen Rider Calibur: They were best friends until he betrayed the Sword of Logos.
- Desast: Both have met 15 years ago considering themselves rivals.
Behind the scenes
- As with the naming scheme with all the Saber Riders, Buster's name is a corruption on the term "bastard sword", which were large two-handed swords used in Europe during the 17th century.
To be added
- Ryo Ogami is the first Kamen Rider to be both a Rider and an active parent from the start of the series. According to his actor Yuki Ikushima, Ryo is an Ikumen (イクメン), men who actively take care and spend more time with their children.
- While other Kamen Riders may be fathers, like Otoya Kurenai, Sokichi Narumi, Sou Fueki, and etc., they either weren't immediately revealed as Kamen Riders or did not play an active parenting role during their activities as Riders. As revealed in episode 5, Hayato Fukamiya falls under the non-active parenting role category.
- This fact makes him most likely the oldest active member of Sword of Logos.
- Kamen Rider Buster is the first turtle-themed Rider since Kamen Rider Den-O Rod Form.
- "TV Asahi's page for Buster Genbu Shinwa". https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/saber/rider/buster/genbu_shinwa/stand.html.
- "TV Asahi's page for Buster Genbu Jackun". https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/saber/rider/buster/genbu_jackun/stand.html.
|Curent Swordsmen: Touma Kamiyama - Rintaro Shindo - Kento Fukamiya - Ryo Ogami - Ren Akamichi - Hayato Fukamiya - Tetsuo Daishinji|
|Previous Swordsmen: Daichi Kamijo - Kenshin Nagamine|
|Movie-exclusive: Immortal Swordsman|
|Seiken Swordriver - Jaken Caliburdriver - Wonder Ride Books - Kaenken Rekka - Suiseiken Nagare - Raimeiken Ikazuchi - Dogouken Gekido - Fuusouken Hayate - Ankokuken Kurayami - Onjuuken Suzune - Sword of Logos Buckle - Hissatsuholder - Sword of Logos Holders - Kingexcalibur - Ride Book Hondana|
|Diago Speedy - Ride Gatriker|
|Fantastic Bookstore Kamiyama: Mei Sudo|
|Sword of Logos: Sophia - Tetsuo Daishinji - Reika Shindai|
|Other: Tassel - Luna - Sora Ogami - Fighting Fairy|
|Storious - Legeiel - Zooous - Hayato Fukamiya - Desast|
|Monsters: Golem Megid - Ari Megid - Kirigirisu Megid - Hanzaki Megid - Piranha Megid - Medusa Megid|
|View • Edit|