|This article is about a/an monster in Kamen Rider Drive.|
Roidmude 042 (ロイミュード０４２ Roimyūdo Zero Shi Ni) was a minor Roidmude that assisted Roidmude 029. A Plain Spider Type (スパイダー型 Supaidā-gata) combatman, it was in this form the Roidmude perished having never been given the opportunity to evolve.
- Motif basis: Spider
- Human form/synchronize: None
- Destroyed by:
- Kamen Rider Drive's Type Speed Spike's Spike Tornado (body)
- Collision with Roidmude 088's Core (Core)
042, along with 088, had appeared to assist in 029 to help 029 feed in peace despite facing minor opposition in Shinnosuke and Kiriko until Shinnosuke transformed into Drive and began beating back the three Roidmudes before 029 could finish feeding on the human he attacked, and was beaten back by a Turbo Smash attack.
042 got back its bearings when 029 was ejected out of a warehouse by the Flare Stream attack from Drive's Max Flare Tire, and it and 088 briefly fight Drive until Drive equips the Funky Spike Tire, and mortally wounds 042 with its Spike Tornado attack, reverting it to its soul form. 042's Core eventually succumbs to death when 088 was destroyed.
The 108 Roidmudes' fragmented data would lead to the emergence of the amalgamation Roidmude 5886.
Video game appearances
Kamen Rider Megaton Smash
Roidmude 042 appears as a boss in Kamen Rider Megaton Smash.
Powers and Abilities
- Heavy Acceleration
- The signature ability of the Roidmude is to somehow slow down the movement of surrounding objects', including that of humans, with their unaffected consciousness aware of their impass during this time. One can be protected by the Heavy Acceleration effect by carrying Shift Cars or Signal Bikes on their person.
- Energy Attack
- Plain Roidmudes all have machine-gun-like fingers from which they can fire energy bullets. This feature is forsaken for greater power upon evolution into an Advanced Roidmude.
- Advanced Camouflage
- Roidmudes can generate disguises through film-layers around their body that function similar to the cerebral cortex.
- Data Mimicry
- Roidmudes can transform their bodies into data to travel within the electricity/cyberspace while in their Core modes. They can as well temporarily morph their bodies into data to easily phase through solid objects.
- Wall Crawling
- Spider Type Roidmudes possess the ability to climb walls. This feature is forsaken for greater power upon evolution into an Advanced Roidmude.
- Spider Type Roidmudes can generate spider webs from their mouth to their liking. They can even spit an energized version which as strong as their finger blasts. This feature is forsaken for greater power upon evolution into an Advanced Roidmude.
Behind the scenes
- 042 is the first among the Spider Type Roidmudes to be eliminated.