|This article is about a/an Rider in Kamen Rider Zero-One.|
- "I will destroy this world... and build a paradise."
- ―S's proclamation to create a paradise on Earth[src]
Azu gives S a new Driver and Zetsumerisekey to transform into Kamen Rider Eden. He proclaims his wish to destroy the current world to build a "paradise" on Earth.
To be added
Powers and Abilities
- Regeneration: As Kamen Rider Eden is able to repair his body after it has been damaged.
Kamen Rider Eden
- "Progrise! Ark! Imagine! Ideal! Illusion! Eden the Kamen Rider! The creator who charges forward believing in paradise."
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Rider Height: 191.2 cm
- Rider Weight: 84.0 kg
- Punching Power: 41.4 t
- Kicking Power: 91.8 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 51.5 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 1.4 seconds
S transforms into Kamen Rider Eden by using the Eden Zetsumerisekey in the Eden Driver.
Eden's overall stats are actually weaker than Zero-One Metal Cluster Hopper. However, S has the ability to reconstruct himself and is seen to be able to fight on par with Zero-Two.
Eden's finisher is the Eden Impact (エデンインパクト Eden Inpakuto):
- Eden Driver - Transformation device
- Zetsumerisekeys - Transformation trinkets
- Progrise Holder - Carrying straps for Progrisekeys
Behind the Scenes
This character's various names appear to have ties to the concept of the Bible:
- Kamen Rider Eden's name comes from the Garden of Eden.
- The katakana of S (エス Esu) might have derived from the Japanese pronunciation for Jesus Christ (イエス・キリスト Iesu Kirisuto).
- Also the alternative reading of his given name, S, is the first letter of Satan and Serpent, the antagonistic figures on the Garden of Eden.
- Eden's suit, with same base design as Kamen Rider Zero-One and Kamen Rider Thouser, except with thigh armor recycled from Flying Falcon as well as new arm and torso armor and a new helmet.
- Eden's suit is primarily a dark metallic blue with a black under suit, in addition to having white and dark red accent lines across his armor. However, the lines on his suit illuminate in a uniform magenta color instead, giving the illusion of the suit appearing more purple than black and blue.
- The ending part of Kamen Rider Eden's transformation announcement is similar to Kamen Rider Heart & Brain from Kamen Rider Drive.
- Eden is the only Rider of the series to be based on a plant (dead tree) in addition to an animal (human).
- S's trait of having a messiah complex is similar to the following:
- According to producer Takahito Omori, Kamen Rider Eden's actual design motif is a human to make it a contrast with most of the series' Riders so far. He also added that the red lines on its body were meant to emulate blood vessels. Despite being the initial antagonist, Eden was purposely designed to appear heroic instead of monstrous.
- In addition, Eden was originally meant to resemble an extinct animal, but this concept was dropped in favor of the aforementioned human design, so as to emulate Eden's desire to eradicate mankind.
- Rihito's speech in the movie emulates the Old Testament, according to producer Takahito Omori.