|This article is about a/an episode in Kamen Rider Kiva.|
Resurrection: Checkmate Four (復活・チェックメイトフォー Fukkatsu: Chekkumeito Fō) is the fifteenth episode of Kamen Rider Kiva.
to be added
In 1986, when Otoya is rendered unconscious from the Ixa System's strain, Garulu is about to kill him when Yuri runs in, resuming his guise while claiming that Otoya may had been attacked by a Fangire before taking the Ixa Knuckle back. While Yuri stays with Otoya at the hospital to understand how he could use the Ixa System for that long with suffering its side effects, enduring his advances on her, Jiro thanks Ramon for his aid. But when Ramon and Riki tell him to get them involved because of their endangered status, Jiro thinks back to his Race's slaughter and his intent to kill the one responsible: the mysterious the Rook of the Checkmate Four, the elite branch of the Fangire Race. Jiro gets his chance when the Rook arrived to the city, feeding during his Time Play hunt for people in pink. When he starts a new Time Play to go after Lottery winners, he encounters Yuri, recognizing him as the one who murdered her mother. Seeking vengeance, Yuri attacks him, provoking him as he knocked her unconscious as Jiro arrives. Recognizing each other, Jiro assumes his true form to battle the Rook when he becomes the Lion Fangire. However, Garulu is powerless against the stronger monster, being forced to use the Ixa System to attempt to turn the tables.
In 2008, Wataru and Shizuka encounter a childish man who is drowning in a river, saving him. Asking how he is, the man ask for their help as he has no memory of he is. Deciding to help him, Wataru brought the man home, only for him and Shizuka to deal with re-teaching the man how to eat before naming him "Dai-Chan". Overtime, after yelling at Dai-Chan for accidentally breaking a violin, Wataru apologizes after seeing Dai-Chan fixing the bike of a young girl named Eriko. However, Dai-Chan runs off and Wataru answers the Bloody Rose's call to fight the resurfaced Lion Fangire, fighting him as Kiva using the Garulu Saber. However, he is overwhelmed by the Lion Fangire's brute force.
- Wataru Kurenai (紅 渡 Kurenai Wataru): Koji Seto (瀬戸 康史 Seto Kōji)
- Otoya Kurenai (紅 音也 Kurenai Otoya): Kouhei Takeda (武田 航平 Takeda Kōhei)
- Yuri Aso (麻生 ゆり Asō Yuri): Yu Takahashi (高橋 優 Takahashi Yū)
- Shizuka Nomura (野村 静香 Nomura Shizuka): Rina Koike (小池 里奈 Koike Rina)
- Kivat-Bat the 3rd (キバットバットⅢ世 Kibattobatto Sansei, Voice): Tomokazu Sugita (杉田 智和 Sugita Tomokazu)
- Jiro (次狼 Jirō): Kenji Matsuda (松田 賢二 Matsuda Kenji)
- Ramon (ラモン Ramon): Yuuki Ogoe (小越 勇輝 Ogoe Yūki)
- Riki (力 Riki): Eiji Takigawa (滝川 英治 Takigawa Eiji)
- Rook (ルーク Rūku): Tomohide Takahara (高原 知秀 Takahara Tomohide)
- Mamoru Shima (嶋 護 Shima Mamoru): Kazuhiko Kanayama (金山 一彦 Kanayama Kazuhiko)
- Eriko Amano (天野 恵里子 Amano Eriko): Natsumi Nishida (西田 奈津美 Nishida Natsumi)
- Teruyoshi Amano (天野 照義 Amano Teruyoshi): Tatsumi Ishihara (石原 辰己 Ishihara Tatsumi)
- Man: Yuji Sugimoto (杉本 雄司 Sugimoto Yūji)
- Man who was joking: Daichi Yoshihara (吉原 大地 Yoshihara Daichi)
- Man who won the Lottery: Kazuhiko Murakami (村上 和彦 Murakami Kazuhiko)
Kiva: Kiva Form, Garulu Form
Ixa: Save Mode
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Engine Sentai Go-Onger episode 12, GP 12: Sosuke Banki!?.
- Viewership: 5.9%
- The Symphony No. 2 by Gustav Mahler, known as the Resurrection Symphony, was written between 1888 and 1894, and first performed in 1895. Apart from the Eighth Symphony, this symphony was Mahler's most popular and successful work during his lifetime. It is his first major work that would eventually mark his lifelong view of the beauty of afterlife and resurrection. In this large work, the composer further developed the creativity of "sound of the distance" and creating a "world of its own", aspects already seen in his First Symphony. The work lasts around eighty to ninety minutes.
- Megumi Aso & Keisuke Nago didn't appear in this episode.
Blu-ray Box 1 comes with 16 episodes.