|This article is about a/an Greeed-like entity/rider in Kamen Rider Fourze and Kamen Rider OOO.|
- "Do not beg for your life, it is a waste of time."
- ―Poseidon's boastful words[src]
Poseidon (ポセイドン) was a Greeed who possessed Michal Minato and became Kamen Rider Poseidon (仮面ライダーポセイドン Kamen Raidā Poseidon) and is the movie-exclusive Rider who appeared in the OOO section of the Movie War Mega Max film.
- 1 History
- 2 Video Game appearances
- 3 Possesions
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Kamen Rider Poseidon
- 6 Equipment
- 7 Yummies
- 8 Behind the scenes
- 9 Notes
- 10 Appearances
- 11 References
- 12 External Links
- 13 See Also
Movie War Mega Max
Poseidon is a Greeed formed from the Core Medals that traveled 40 years into the future after Kyoryu Greeed's demise and entered Michal's body. By possessing Michal, he receives the three main medals and the Poseidon controller that the Kougami Foundation in his time created. Michal can transform into Kamen Rider Poseidon, but the many-core medals from the past entering his body when he gave up hope, made the three Core Medals of the future sentient and evil.
Poseidon arrives at the present time in the body of Michal coming out of a black hole. He then encounters soldiers and scientists of the Kougami Foundation and shows his combat prowess by being unaffected by the bullets fired at him and he quickly kills everyone there. He then has a brief encounter with Kousei Kougami through a video call asking who he was in which he replied, "Kamen Rider."
He is later seen rampaging through the streets by summoning Waste Yummy hordes to attack civilians. Yumemi. Ankh, disguised as Eiji, appears to halt his rampage. "Eiji" gets taken out by Poseidon's Rider slash, and Erika Satonaka begins shooting Poseidon with Birth Buster instead of the Yummies, while Akira Date appears to transform into Kamen Rider Proto-Birth. Shintaro Goto also joins the fight by arriving on the Ride Vendor and transforms into Birth. Poseidon makes quick work of the two Kamen Riders, leaving them seriously injured and their Birth Drivers damaged. Goto interferes by using a Breast Cannon attack against Poseidon, but failed.
Still using the "Eiji" disguise, Ankh enacts a surprise attack on Poseidon and extracts OOO's Main Core medals from inside Poseidon. The real Eiji Hino transforms into OOO begins to fight. OOO initially had the upper hand, but when Michal briefly regains control of his body, it allowed Poseidon to begin rebelling against his host and results in them both running away.
Poseidon, who has now regained control, orders Yummies to attack International Cuisine Restaurant Cous Coussier. In the guise of Michal, he later transforms into Kamen Rider Poseidon to fight Eiji and Ankh. Eiji attempts to appeal to Michal's humanity still trapped by Poseidon and manages to get him to regain control of his own body.
Michal explains how he was unable to transform into a Kamen Rider in his time period due to a fear of water and how he received Kougami Foundation Core Medals that became corrupted by the Core Medals of the past entering his body. Poseidon later regains control of Michal's body while everyone was asleep and tries to attack Ankh, but is ambushed by OOO Sagohzo combo. Ankh ends up extracting Core Medals from Michal which allows Poseidon to form a separate body of his own and the process frees Michal from his grasp. Later on, Poseidon attempts time travel using another black void in order to continue his desire to fight with any Kamen Rider. Eiji and Ankh appear to put a stop to his plans, but are unable to do so. Goto and Date also appear as backup.
Michal regains his self-confidence and transforms into Kamen Rider Aqua to stop Poseidon. After Aqua's Oceanic Break and OOO Tajadol Combo Prominence Drop, Poseidon is defeated. Eiji and Hina Izumi collect the medals, but the two are caught off guard by an explosion as Lem Kannagi takes away the Poseidon Core Medals for his Super GingaOh driver.
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
He appeared in The Sorcerer's Apprentice as part of a crossover story of Kamen Rider Wizard and Kamen Rider OOO.
Kamen Rider Drive
Type HIGH SPEED! The True Power! Type High Speed is Born!
Kamen Rider Poseidon makes an appearance with other Riders and Kaijin monsters, when Shinnosuke Tomari and Kiriko Shijima discover the knock-off versions of Televi-Kun, an abandoned warehouse after they meet Roidmude 027.
Kamen Rider Brain
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
Kamen Rider Poseidon appears as a playable character in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride.
Kamen Rider Riderbout
Kamen Rider Poseidon appears as a playable character with the other Heisei and Showa Kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Riderbout.
Super Hero Generations
Kamen Rider Poseidon is a boss with others villains of the Heisei era in Super Hero Generations.
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Kamen Rider Poseidon is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Powers and Abilities
- Possession: Poseidon is a sentient entity that is able to possess Michael in the movie.
- Superhuman resistance: Poseidon is able to resist strong attacks and submachine gun bullets as seen in the movie.
- Waste Yummies: Poseidon is able to summon Waste Yummies to serve him as seen in the movie.
- Extremely fast: Poseidon was able to move from one place to another with high speed as seen in the movie.
Kamen Rider Poseidon
- "Same! Kujira! Ookamiuo!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Height: 204cm
- Weight: 89kg
- Punching Power: 3.5 t.
- Kicking Power: 7 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 45 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 6.1 sec.
Similar to OOO, possessed Michal puts three Core Medals on the Poseidon Driver, and transforms into the evil Kamen Rider Poseidon. The chest design and his driver design has an inverse triangular position, which are arranged in the order of the Same on the right (hand side of the rider), Kujira on the left (hand side of the rider), and Ookamiuo below Same and Kujira. This is unlike OOO's chest which has a vertical arrangement and a diagonal arrangement for his driver. Kamen Rider Poseidon is designed as the light blue Same Head, the dark blue Kujira Arms with a whale's head on right shoulder and whale's tail on the left shoulder, and the dark red Ookamiuo's legs. Kamen Rider Poseidon uses a crimson spear as his main weapon.
Kamen Rider Poseidon consists of the following parts:
- Poseidon Mask (Shark Head) (ポセイドンマスク(シャークヘッド) Poseidon Masuku (Shāku Heddo)): The helmet.
- Triangle Delta (トライングデルタ Toraingu Deruta): The symbol of Poseidon is embodied as a plate. It also functions as armor to protect the chest.
- Whale Chest (ホエールチェスター Hoēru Chesutā): A large thoracic exoskeleton that protects Poseidon's chest. Largely developed exoskeletons overlap to form thick armor, protecting Poseidon's upper body from all attacks.
- Whale Shoulders (ホエールショルダー Hoēru Shorudā): Poseidon's shoulder exoskeleton. They protect Poseidon's shoulders along with the Whale Chest. It has both robustness and flexibility so that it does not restrict the movement of the shoulder when swinging the long spear "Deepest Harpoon".
- Whale Gantrex (ホエールガントレクス Hoēru Gantorekusu): An exoskeleton that protects Poseidon's forearm. The streamlined line drive makes it possible to minimize water resistance when swimming at the speed of light in water.
- Whale Gloves (ホエールグラバー Hoēru Gurabā): Reinforced exoskeleton-like skin that wraps the five fingers. It has powerful power and is said to tear the armor of a 20 cm thick battleship.
- Whale Guardias (ホエールガーディア Hoēru Gādia): An exoskeleton that protects the back of Poseidon's hand. The line drive that covers the surface amplifies the power sent from the core medal and improves the punching power.
- Wolffish Finch (ウルフィッシュフィンチ Urufisshu Finchi): A reinforced exoskeleton that covers Poseidon's thighs. Although it is large, it is thin and lightweight, so it does not interfere with the movement of the lower body, and its defense power is greatly improved. In addition, when water passes through the line drive that covers the surface of the exoskeleton in water, it is discharged like a jet jet to convert it into a rearward propulsive force.
- Wolffish Knee Dias (ウルフィッシュニーディアス Urufisshu Nī Diasu): An exoskeleton that covers Poseidon's knees and shins. The knees' fin blade has a sharp tip that suppresses shape resistance to the utmost limit and has the function of increasing the speed and power of kicking in water.
- Wolffish Ankle Toes (ウルフィッシュニーディアス Urufisshu Ankuru To~u): An exoskeleton that protects Poseidon's ankles. It is composed of extremely flexible reinforced muscles inside, and can swim in the water with the same movement as the tail fin of fish.
- Wolffish Soles (ウルフィッシュソール Urufisshu Sōru): An exoskeleton that covers Poseidon's feet. The sole fin blade located in the central part has the function of assisting a sudden change of direction in water and increasing mobility.
Kamen Rider Poseidon, is actually the Greeed inside Michal's body. The Greeed overtook Michal's body and used him to travel to the present. It has the ability to create Waste Yummy, like how Uva did. The Greeed later splits from Michal, after losing some Core Medals to Eiji and Ankh and was able to form his own body by using Core Medals and Cell Medals, in the form of Kamen Rider Poseidon. Poseidon is later defeated at the hands of Kamen Rider OOO Tajadol Combo's Providence Drop and Kamen Rider Aqua's Oceanic Break. However, Kamen Rider Poseidon's Core Medals are taken by Kannagi to transform into the Super GingaOh. After Super GingaOh's destruction, Poseidon's Core Medals fells towards the Earth and the location of the medals are currently unknown.
- Deepest Harpoon: Personal weapon
Behind the scenes
Poseidon was voiced by Kenji Hamada (浜田 賢二 Hamada Kenji). His suit actor was Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun). While possessing Michal Minato, his voice is portrayed by Atsushi Arai (荒井 敦史 Arai Atsushi).
- Poseidon is similar to Ghost Imagin, as both of them possessed good Riders and they assumed Dark Rider forms using their bodies (Kamen Rider Yuuki Skull Form for Ryotaro Nogami and Kamen Rider Poseidon for Michal Minato).
- Poseidon is the second Future evil Rider in Heisei. The first being Eve (Kamen Rider G Den-O). It is then followed by Paradox Roidmude (Kamen Rider Dark Drive) and Kamen Rider Ginga.
- Like Kamen Rider Odin from Kamen Rider Ryuki, Poseidon is also named after a mythological God.
- In the Complete Selection Modification toyline, Poseidon's medals would later be used by OOO to assume the new marine-based Saramiuo Combo (サラミウオコンボ Saramiuo Konbo).
- Poseidon is the only Rider that doesn't appear in the promotional poster of Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Mega Max.
- Poseidon is the only Greeed that don't have a monster form.
- Poseidon's some power probably came from the past greeed, where it can spawn waste yummies (Uva), ability to fight underwater (mezool), insane durability (gamel), and extremely fast (kazari).
- Kamen Rider OOO
- Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Mega Max
- Ankh's Resurrection, The Medal of the Future and The Leading of Hope
- Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Mega Max
- Kamen Rider Wizard:The Sorcerer's Apprentice
- Kamen Rider Drive
- Poseidon on Kamen Rider Official
- Michal Minato - Kamen Rider Aqua and the host that Poseidon controlled in Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Mega Max.