|This article is about a rider in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.|
|―Asuna/Poppy when switching between her civilian and Bugster forms[src]|
|―Poppy whenever someone says something bad to her[src]|
|"AAHH! It's a pi-pu-pe-po-panic!"|
|―Poppy whenever she hears that something bad has happened to one of her allies[src]|
|"Kamen Riders are rare characters, and they must fight the players! Helping the players is against the rules of the game! I'm sending you off as your popapipu-penalty."|
|―Poppy explains Kamen Rider Chronicle's game rules.[src]|
|"Doctors aren't allowed to save or help anyone. Rule-breakers will be punished!"|
|―Poppy reminds to a CR Rider not to save or help anyone again.[src]|
|―Poppy's job is done.[src]|
Poppy Pipopapo (ポッピーピポパポ, Poppī Pipopapo) is an 6-year-old benevolent Bugster based on the character of the same name from DoReMiFa Beat. Poppy serves as the "navigator" for the Kamen Riders, and takes on the civilian identity of Asuna Karino (仮野 明日那, Karino Asuna), a registered nurse at Seito University Hospital and a personnel from the Ministry of Health.
- 1 History
- 2 Other Events
- 3 Video Game Appearances
- 4 Personality
- 5 Powers
- 6 Forms
- 7 Equipment
- 8 Legend Rider Devices
- 9 Relationships
- 10 Behind the Scenes
- 11 Notes
- 12 Appearances
- 13 References
- 14 Navigation
The mascot of the Genm Corp. game DoReMiFa Beat, the character of Poppy Pipopapo was conceived by Kuroto Dan. As a Bugster, Poppy's origin is traced to the Y2K bug, which left what would be known as the Bugster Virus on the younger Dan's computer shortly following New Year's 2000. After Kuroto had the virus extracted from Emu Hojo for more than ten years, Poppy Pipopapo emerged from the Game Illness of Kuroto's mother, Sakurako Dan, at the cost of her life, thus completing Poppy's existence as a Bugster.
Poppy was later assigned to be a navigator for the Kamen Riders, taking the guise of "Asuna Karino" in order to blend in more easily. She was present when radiologist Taiga Hanaya was recruited to become Kamen Rider Snipe but had him discharged due to his insubordination and failure to save Saki Momose. Afterwards, she accompanied Hiiro Kagami, who became Kamen Rider Brave, who was Saki's boyfriend and a genius surgeon capable of fighting the Bugster.
The Ten Games Quest
Five years later, as a second outbreak of the Bugster virus is occurring, Asuna proposed the anonymous gamer "M" to be recruited to use the Gamer Driver. While walking to Seito University Hospital, she runs into Emu Hojo, a pediatrics intern chasing after his escaping patient. Asuna quickly realized that the patient, Sota Suyama, was experiencing symptoms of the game illness. While she keeps Emu silent over Sota's condition, Asuna later went to Mighty Action X's press release in the hopes of finding M there, only to find Emu and Sota there. After berating Emu for his actions, Asuna tried to take Sota back, causing the Bugster took over the boy's body, wrecking havoc on the conference. She was forced to explain to Emu about the Bugster virus, leading him to take the Gamer Driver to fight the Bugster himself. Asuna would discover that Emu is the Genius Gamer M that she had been looking for. After bringing him back to CR, she finally revealed herself as Poppy Pipopapo and christening Emu as Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.
While acting as "Asuna Kirino", she is a mature and no-nonsense nurse who helps the doctors at CR with analytical knowledge for the patient. Under her true nature as Poppy Pipopapo, she provides insight on the Bugster viruses, the Rider system, and helps to transfer patients to CR if the situation requires it. Due to her nature as a Vocaloid, he loves to dance and sing to music, even in her Asuna guise.
As the battle against the Bugster Virus continues, She accompanies Emu Hojo as he would later meet several Kamen Riders like him. However, she expressed the desire for the four Kamen Riders to work together rather than against each other.
During Christmas Eve, Poppy and the Kamen Riders finally became aware CEO of Genm Corp., Kuroto Dan, is the true identity of the "Black Ex-Aid", who christens himself as Kamen Rider Genm. During Christmas Day, Poppy finally revealed her true nature as a Bugster to Emu and Hiiro, although the doctors had suspected that to be the case, shocking her. Asuna was present to witness Kiriya being killed by Genm Zombie Gamer Level X in hopes of preventing the secret behind Emu's compatibility with the Gamer Driver from being revealed.
The Patient Zero Conspiracy
Following the death of Kiriya Kujo, Asuna would notice how Emu's grief of his Kiriya's death had affected both his performance in the operating table and his prowess in fighting the Bugster. After Hiiro suspended him and confiscated his Gashats, Asuna was present after Emu uses the Mighty Brothers XX Gashat to become Ex-Aid Level X and can also splits into two separate bodies as Level XX, allowing him to counter Genm Level X.
After a chain of events that involved Genm Corp. member Tsukuru Koboshi as a victim, Kuroto finally revealed Emu's true background as Patient Zero of the Bugster Virus. Although this surprised Asuna, this caused Emu to experience a fatal outburst that seemingly subsided. She was present to see Emu briefly under the influence of "Genius Gamer M". He manages to regain consciousness from Hiiro's words after seeing him overcome the Bugster Virus himself. Although she knew Emu became frightened to continue fighting the Bugster Virus, it was seeing Taiga fight motivated him to overcome his doubts.
Asuna would learn that the Kamen Riders and the Bugster Virus were intended to be part of Kuroto's ultimate game, Kamen Rider Chronicle and Kuroto managed to unlock Dangerous Zombie's true potential as Level X. During the penultimate battle against Genm, Asuna was present to see Emu's Gamer Driver gets destroyed to ensure he doesn't remain a threat to his goals. Fortunately, he was defeated by Emu using Kiriya's Gamer Driver and the newly-acquired Maximum Mighty X Gashat and becomes Maximum Gamer Level 99, allowing Ex-Aid to overwhelm Genm Zombie Gamer and strip Kuroto of his powers.
She is revealed to be a final component of Kamen Rider Chronicle, thus being targeted by other Parado's forces and her mind is altered by none other than the new Genm Corp. CEO Ren Amagasaki.
Kamen Rider Chronicle
Now being a part of Kamen Rider Chronicle, Poppy serves her new role as the navigator for the Ride-Players instead. She is later given the Gashacon Bugvisor II and the Toki Meki Crisis Gashat, allowing her to transform into Kamen Rider Poppy, enforcing the game's rules and punishing Kamen Riders who fail to serve their purpose. It is later revealed by Parado that Poppy's memory was actually reset, and that her supposedly "benevolent nature" & personality was part of her original programming, as her true purpose was to collect data from CR for the Bugsters.
However, it appears that Poppy retained some of her memories which are suppose to be cleared as Poppy was relieved that Emu was saved by Snipe upon Lovelica's defeat. This was noted by Emu, who would later use his reprogramming ability to revert Poppy back to her usual self. This also allowed Poppy to regain the memories of her host. Despite that, however, Poppy was still conflicted over her allegiances due to her nature as a Bugster; furthermore, with the regained knowledge that her existence came at the cost of a human life, as well as being targeted in order to clear Kamen Rider Chronicle, she feels that she no longer deserves to be a part of CR. Emu's insistence on wanting to protect Poppy would eventually reach out to her, as she finally admitted that she didn't want to hurt people, but to have fun with them playing DoReMiFa Beat. Though Emu's promise to her would clear the game, Parado, displeased by the result, would go on to possess Emu.
With the revelation surrounding Emu and Parado's relationship beginning to unfold, Poppy desperately tried to find a way to save Emu, in order to repay him for saving her. After having visions from the memories from her host, where one of them was a young Kuroto told the host that he was developing a way to prevent Bugster infection, Poppy went to investigate Kuroto's abandoned game studio. Suddenly, a vision of a young Kuroto was passing by, Poppy follows the vision, leading her into a hidden room. There was a treasure chest in the room, containing an old Gamer Driver and the Proto Mighty Action X Origin Gashat. She also found a manual right next to it, revealing the existence of "Level 0".
Poppy brings what she found back to CR and reveals that Level 0 has the unique ability to nullify a Bugster's powers. Believing that this is the way to save Emu from Parado's possession, she activates the Proto Mighty Action X Origin Gashat and enters the game itself via its title screen. In the game, she finds a Bugster Virus grunt, which turns out to contain data on Kuroto himself. Poppy later attaches the Gamer Driver on the grunt and inserts the Gashat, restoring Kuroto as a Bugster. Due to this, Kuroto helps Emu free from Parado's influence due to Level 0's Bugster-nullifying effect.
As Poppy regained more memories from her host, she realized that Kuroto's mother was her host. She convinces Emu and Kuroto to let go of their differences and work together, while expressing her gratitude towards Kuroto for her creation, thus reminding him of the love he had towards his late mother. Poppy would also moderate Kuroto's antics and absorbs him into the Bugvisor II as her punishment.
Poppy would later assist the Kamen Riders from the sidelines as a member of CR, as Kamen Rider Poppy. As CR faces off against the high tier Bugsters, both sides find themselves facing against Masamune Dan, Kuroto's father, who reveals himself to be the true mastermind of the events that have unfolded and utilizes the Master Gashat of Chronicle to become Kamen Rider Cronus. Because of his exploitation in the use of Pause and holding the Proto Gashats that held the Game Over victims.
But this did not deter the Kamen Riders as Kuroto began to create Hyper Muteki for Emu to counteract the threat of Cronus. Asuna would be present to witness Emu Hojo's evolution into Muteki Gamer, finally able to overcome Cronus' Pause ability.
Because of Hyper Muteki, Cronus would do anything to ensure Ex-Aid is out of his way. Poppy accompanied Ex-Aid and Lazer during their assault at Genm Corp. only to learn that Parado's life is the key to ensure his compatibility to use the Gamer Driver. After Emu killed and revive Parado, Poppy convinced him that he actually didn't hate Emu and was trying to be more like him, which led to the both of them joining forces. When the Master Gashat was destroyed, Masamune managed to use Reset and restore it, therefore negating Hyper Muteki's existence. However, Kuroto recreated it again, this time with a "Save" function to save their progress and bring forth the last boss Gamedeus.
The Gamedeus Pandemic
With Gamedeus and his Bugster Virus pandemic spreading rapidly, this led to the creation of the Doctor Mighty XX Gashat that was used by Ex-Aid Muteki Gamer to cure the countless people infected with his virus. But at the last minute, Masamune barged in and absorbed the Bugster into his own body.
|"Be a doctor that helps people's lives and their happiness."|
|―What was presumably her last words to Emu[src]|
Watching the doctors desperately try to oppose the rampaging plague of Super Gamedeus, Poppy decided to take action with Parado. Taking Doctor Mighty XX from Emu, Poppy proceeded to the hospital rooftop where she used herself as a conduit to disperse the vaccine and cure all the infected, sacrificing herself to neutralize Super Gamedeus's virus; Emu pleaded for her not to, but Poppy insisted that she must save the patients even if it was the last thing she would do, apologizing for not being able to keep her promise to play DoReMiFa Beat with him. Before she disappeared, Poppy gave final words to all her friends; she told Emu to continue to save the lives and happiness of people as a doctor, Hiiro to not eat too much sweets, Kiriya not to lie so much, Taiga to be nicer to Nico, Nico to look after Taiga. Finally, she told Kuroto to not cause trouble and instead make fun games that would make players smile before finally disintergrating with a fragment being absorbed into Kuroto's hand. Doctor Mighty XX was then taken by Para-DX who used it to save the others from Gamedeus, neutralizing the behemoth at the cost of his own existence.
Ultimately, Poppy and Parado's sacrifices enabled the remaining five Kamen Riders to finally defeat Masamune Dan, however, they were unable to stop him from destroying the Rider Chronicle Master Gashat with himself in a final act of spite, robbing them of their chance to retrieve the Game Disease victims from the Proto Gashats. Later, back at CR, Kuroto, refusing to accept his loss, got to work and soon enough managed to restore Poppy from the fragment she had left in his hand; as well as that, Parado returned near immediately after having been preserved in the same way through Emu. Soon after, Poppy and Parado bore witness to the reveal of Dan's new game, Kamen Rider Build, the Gashat of which was tested by Emu.
Poppy was present during threat of Dr. Pac-Man and the Next Genome Institute as they sought to unleash the Pac-Man Virus. She worked with her colleagues and Kamen Rider Ghost's allies as they sought to end the threat of the Pac-Man Virus. Poppy later provides aid to Akari Tsukimura after being infected by the Hatena Bugster's virus.
Set after the Kamen Riders defeated Kamen Rider Cronus, a new outbreak of the Bugster virus occurs one rainy day as Kamen Rider Fuma storms Seito University Hospital with his Ninja Gamers. During a battle as Kamen Rider Poppy, she is infected and her mind is sent into the Game World. Due to her nature as a Bugster, she retains her memories as she observes Madoka Hoshi's brighter life. After Ex-Aid arrived and used the power of Mighty Creator VRX to teleport everyone back to the real world, Poppy's consciousness was returned to her body.
When Madoka Hoshi's condition was getting worse from her Game Illness, Asuna joined with Emu and Hiiro to operate on her. After the operation ended, Asuna and Nico watched Madoka's bedside as her father, Kagenari Nagumo, arrived to support her and seeing her wake up.
One year later, Asuna and Kiriya are researching and distributing Bugster Vaccines to patients, while Kuroto is back in his arcade cabinet prison, laughing madly as he has developed an unbeatable game. Asuna changes into Poppy and shuts the cabinet off as punishment for Kuroto trying to cause trouble again.
One week after Kamen Rider Build stole Emu's powers, Nebula Bugsters start to appear due to the effects of Enigma, an inter-dimensional gateway connecting his reality to the Build's world. This alerts the CR, who attempt to solve the issue without Ex-Aid, but they are also rendered powerless due to the effects of Enigma, controlled by Right Kaiser. While treating the patients at Seito University Hospital, she encounters Ryuga Banjo who questions what happened to the Sky Wall that split Japan into three nations, much to her confusion. As Ex-Aid's Earth and Build's Earth were vast approaching, it was stopped by the united forces between Ex-Aid & Build.
Two years after the Enigma crisis, Asuna continues to help CR develop a regenerative medicine to restore the humans from their Bugster form with Saiko Yaotome joining to assist them. After meeting with Taiga, he steals her Gashacon Bugvisor II to fight as Cronus against the Lovelica Bugster. After Lovelica's defeat at the hands of Brave Legacy Gamer, Asuna's Bugvisor was returned to her possession.
The next day, she scolds Parado for slacking off on the Seito University Hospital rooftop and forces him to work with Saiko Yaotome in the meantime. She assists Saiko in her "Let's Make A Bugster!" game and tried on different Costume Changes. However, it is revealed to be part of Saiko's plans to awaken the genes of her human host, Sakurako Dan, and Poppy is immediately tied up. After Parado help free her and uncovered Saiko's plan, Poppy join forces with Para-DX against a Genomes duplicate created by Saiko and Another Para-DX. After a victory by the Bugster Riders, Kuroto reveals himself and immediately turned on Saiko, even taking Black Parado's data just to devour it.
Video Game Appearances
Puzzle and Dragons
As part of the Ishimori Productions collaboration limited game event, Kamen Rider Poppy was an unlockable character in this puzzle RPG mobile game. This event eventually made its way to the international versions of the mobile game on January 2020 and lasted until the 19th of that month.
- Full bind recovery. Full awoken bind recovery.
- ATK x1 + 0.3x for every Resistance-Skill Bind on the team for 3 turns.
- 19 Turns ( 14 Turns at Lv.6 )
- This card can be used as assist.
- ATK x5, reduce damage taken by 50% after matching Heal orbs in a cross formation.
- Light attribute cards ATK x2. Increases time limit of orb movement by 3 seconds.
Poppy Pipopapo was created to serve as a guide to the Riders in CR. She provides insight on the Bugster viruses, the Rider system, and helps to transfer patients to CR if the situation requires it.
Poppy's true personality is bubbly and energetic. As Asuna, however, she takes on a mature and no-nonsense persona, although her normal personality will momentarily surface if she is addressed by her real name. But there have been times when Poppy as Asuna reverts to her true personality on her own free will. Despite being based on a Vocaloid, ironically, it is revealed Poppy cannot sing very well without music to accompany her and causes distress to those around her when she does. It is also revealed during an encounter with Kamen Rider Hibiki that she has a fear of Oni and ran away scared upon first seeing him.
After being brainwashed by the Bugsters, Poppy still has her bubbly personality, but she seems completely apathetic to the suffering of humans and casually focuses on her job as the "navigator" of Kamen Rider Chronicle. However, if Kamen Riders help the Ride-Players in the "game", which she states is against the rules, she will take on a serious persona briefly with a deeper voice before transforming and attack them as Kamen Rider Poppy. When Emu tried to get through to her to snap out of it, her erased memory and programmed loyalty to her kind caused her to knock him aside without a second thought. Fortunately, Emu restored her to normal using his reprogramming powers as Ex-Aid Maximum Gamer Level 99.
However, she has gained the memories of the female patient she killed in order to be brought into existence as a side effect. This briefly traumatized her to the point of almost breaking her emotionally, but Emu tried to reason with her that it was not her fault she was born into the world that way and she is not a killer as she has helped him save countless lives as his nurse. This seems to have made her feel a little better, but it is unknown how much of an impact it has on her emotional guilt. Being a Bugster born from Sakurako Dan, she also exhibits signs of maternal traits at times such as during her death she told Hiiro not to eat too many sweets and Kuroto to be a "good boy".
- Teleportation: Like the Bugster executives, Poppy is capable of entering any level selected by the Kamen Riders. She can still teleport in her Rider Form.
- Dance Influence: Poppy can influence Bugster Viruses into a rhythm dance. 「Christmas Special: Targeting the Silver X mas!」
- Hebitsukai Snake Eyes Immunity: Presumably thanks to her Bugster nature, she's unaffected by Naga Ray's immobilization. 「Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Chou Super Hero Taisen」
- Regeneration through possession: After sacrificing herself through the use of the Doctor Mighty XX Gashat, Poppy's existence was eventually restored through a small fragment of her data being absorbed by Kuroto Dan before completely fading away. This is possible as Poppy was born from the DNA of Kuroto's mother.
This form is Poppy's human form/disguise, Asuna Karino. She usually appears in this form while working at CR. Aside from her business suit outfit when working with the Ministry of Health, she mainly wears a standard nurse uniform, she can change the color of uniform as well.Appearances: Ex-Aid Episodes 1-10, Heisei Generations, "Tricks": Kamen Rider Genm (Legend Rider Stage), Ex-Aid 11-14, Brave: ~Let's Survive! Revival of the Beast Rider Squad!~, Ex-Aid 15-24, , Chou Super Hero Taisen, Kamen Sentai Gorider, Ex-Aid 30-39, 42, Snipe: Episode ZERO, True Ending, Heisei Generations FINAL, Para-DX with Poppy
This form is Poppy's standard Bugster form. She can change into this form whenever she wants to, usually when dealing with Bugsters or when she enters the game world. She remained in this form for the most part of Kamen Rider Chronicle, due to her role as a component Bugster of the game. In Engineered History!, she is seen wearing a yellow colored capelet.Appearances: Ex-Aid Episodes 1, "Tricks": Virtual Operations (Ex-Aid), Ex-Aid 2-10, Heisei Generations, "Tricks": Kamen Rider Genm (Legend Gamer Stage, Final Legend Stage), Ex-Aid 11-14, Brave: ~Let's Survive! Revival of the Beast Rider Squad!~, Ex-Aid 15-24, Chou Super Hero Taisen, Kamen Sentai Gorider, Ex-Aid 25-37, 39-41, Snipe: Episode ZERO, 43-45, True Ending, Heisei Generations FINAL, Tricks: Kamen Rider Para-DX, Para-DX with Poppy, Information Program: Poppy Pipopapo's Room Episodes 1-12
This form is Poppy's special Christmas form, and it is only obtained by getting the festive Christmas Energy Item during Christmas time.This form is exclusive to Ex-Aid Episode 12.
This form is Poppy's fast food server form. She turns into this form during the time she interacted with Burgermon in CR.This form is exclusive to Ex-Aid Episode 17.
|"Buggle Up! Dreaming girl! (Wow!) Koi no simulation! Otome wa itsumo Toki Meki Crisis! (Wow!)"|
- Height: 199.0 cm
- Weight: 88.5 kg
- Punching power: 60.3 t
- Kicking power: 70.1 t
- Maximum jump height: 64.0 m
- Maximum running speed: 100 m per 1.7 seconds
Toki Meki Crisis Gamer Level X (ときめきクライシスゲーマーレベルエックス, Tokimeki Kuraishisu Gēmā Reberu Ekkusu) is Poppy's default form, activated by inserting the Toki Meki Crisis Gashat into the Buggle Driver II and pressing the small red button next to the Gashat slot. Initially sporting red eyes while serving Kamen Rider Chronicle, Poppy's eyes change to blue after her programming is reverted.
In this form, Poppy's stats are slightly lower than Genm-X, putting her on par with a Level 50 Rider. She only beats Para-DX Puzzle Gamer Level 50 in punching power, while losing to Brave and Snipe's Level 50, Genm-X, and Para-DX Fighter Gamer Level 50 in terms of punching and kicking power. Despite these disadvantages, her maximum jumping height and running speed is high, beating every Rider that can use Level 50 and Genm-X. She is also shown to be very flexible and agile, easily dodging Snipe's attacks with the Gashacon Magnum and counter attacking.
This rider consists of the following parts:
- PP head-TOK-X (PPヘッド-TOK-X, PP Heddo-TOK-X) - Kamen Rider Poppy Tokimeki Crisis Gamer Level X Head.
- Eye Light Scope (アイライトスコープ, Ai Raito Sukōpu) - Kamen Rider Poppy's "eyes". It can emit light for night battles and can also capture images comparable to a high-speed camera. It can also observe microscopic Bugster Virus. The color changes based on the user's emotions.
- Heart React Signal (ハートリアクトシグナル, Hāto Riakuto Shigunaru) - It can capture and identify motion and set tracking markers automatically. The radar on the internal monitor shows the positions of enemies, allies and energy items.
- Tokimeki Ride Hair (ときめきライドヘアー, Tokimeki Raido Heā) - Kamen Rider Poppy's "hair". It is modelled after the player character of Tokimeki Crisis and is coated with a blast-resistant coating.
- Dynamic Goggles (ダイナミックゴーグル, Dainamikku Gōguru) - Kamen Rider Poppy's goggles. It protects the visual sensors from shocks and dirt and is coated with a blast-resistant coating.
- Sounder Heart (サウンダーハート, Saundā Hāto) - A device attached to Kamen Rider Poppy's head. It can generate and fire a heart-shaped energy bomb during finishers.
- Sender Ear (センダーイヤー, Sendā Iyā) - Kamen Rider Poppy's hearing sensors. It filters surrounding noise so Ex-Aid only hears the necessary sounds. There is also a communication function for private conversations with specific parties.
- Air Fresh Guard (エアフレッシュガード, Ea Furesshu Gādo) - An intake system within the helmet that filters out harmful substances in the air. It also regulates the suit's temperature and allows for underwater breathing.
- Heartbeat Protector (ハートビートプロテクター, Hātobīto Purotekutā) - Kamen Rider Poppy's chest armor. It disperses damage throughout the body to protect the chest. It becomes more protective the lower the rider's health.
- Love Force Gear Suit (ラブフォースギアスーツ, Rabu Fōsu Gia Sūtsu) - Kamen Rider Poppy's bodysuit. It increases the rider's physical capability by strenghthening the body. The agility and flexibility focused adjustments allow for rhythmic battles according to Poppy's skills.
- Doki Doki Shoulder (ドキドキショルダー, Doki Doki Shorudā) - Kamen Rider Poppy's shoulder armor. The device called Riders Buffer (ライダーズバッファー, Raidāzu Baffā) is installed inside and allows Poppy to work on the Gain Riser (ゲインライザー, Gein Raizā) of other riders to raise their strength. The increase is proportional to how much Poppy likes the rider.
- PP Growth Arm (PPグロウスアーム, PP Gurousu Āmu) - Kamen Rider Poppy's arms. It has a function called Gain Riser (ゲインライザー, Gein Raizā) that increases combat capabilities based on the rider's level and combat experience. The arms allow for the rider to launch a quick attack with their hands.
- Heart Breaker Glove (ハートブレイカーグローブ, Hāto Bureikā Gurōbu) - Kamen Rider Poppy's gloves. It coordinates with the Gashacon weapons to optimize attacks. A device called a Heartful Attacker (ハートフルアタッカー, Hātofuru Atakkā) is installed that converts emotions into attack power. More damage can be done to less susceptible targets.
- PP Growth Leg (PPグロウスレッグ, PP Gurousu Reggu) - Kamen Rider Poppy's legs. It has a function called Gain Riser (ゲインライザー, Gein Raizā) that increases combat capabilities based on the rider's level and combat experience. They allow Poppy to attack with a dancing gesture.
- Heartbreaker Shoes (ハートブレイカーシューズ, Hātobureikā Shūzu) - Kamen Rider Poppy's shoes. The built in thrusters allow Poppy to execute the "Poppy Turn" to attack. A device called a Heartful Attacker (ハートフルアタッカー, Hātofuru Atakkā) is installed that converts emotions into attack power. More damage can be done to less susceptible targets.
- Crisis Build Guard (クライシスビルドガード, Kuraishisu Birudo Gādo) - Kamen Rider Poppy's silver guard pieces. It becomes more durable by changing the structure of parts according to the damage received. Not only that, the device inside rewrites the Gain Riser and dramatically increases attack and defense.
This form's finisher is the Critical Crews-Aid (クリティカルクルセイド, Kuritikaru Kuruseido): This finisher has three variations.
- Poppy charges herself with rainbow energy, floats in the air and twirl around continuously, sending pink heart and yellow star shaped energy attacks rapidly at the enemy.
- Poppy generates energy-musical notes in her hands before sending them to the enemy.
- Poppy twirls around in the air and extends her right foot, covered in pink and purple energy and hearts.
- Bugster Buckle II
- Buggle Driver II - Transformation device. Combined from Bugster Buckle and Gashacon Bugvisor II.
- Rider Gashat - Transformation trinkets.
- Gashacon Bugvisor II - Transformation device and primary weapon.
Legend Rider Devices
A special Toki Meki Crisis Gashat (Memorial Finish Ver.) (ときめきクライシスガシャット (メモリアルフィニッシユVer.), Toki Meki Kuraishisu Gashatto Memoriaru Finisshu Ver.) was released in 2017.
|"(Digital beeping) Poppy!"|
|"To be announced"|
|―Secondary activation announcement[src]|
|"Rider Time! Buggle Up! Poppy!"|
|―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's right-hand slot[src]|
|"(Right-hand Ridewatch's announcement)! Armor Time! Buggle Up! Poppy!"|
|―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's left-hand slot[src]|
|"To be announced"|
|―Finisher announcement in left-hand slot[src]|
Poppy Ridewatch (ポッピーライドウォッチ, Poppī Raidowotchi): Based on Kamen Rider Poppy Toki Meki Crisis Gamer Level X, this Ridewatch provides access to the PoppyArmor. It is dated 2016. This Ridewatch was one of the five winners of a poll held by Bandai to select Riders to be used in a five-pack of DX Ridewatches.
- Seito University Hospital
- Emu Hojo: Works alongside Emu as his nurse. After being repgrogrammed from Lovelica's control with the Maximum Gashat, through a lot of "soul searching" returned to fight alongside CR.
- Hiiro Kagami: To be added
- Taiga Hanaya: First met Taiga, when she and Kuroto offered him to be the first Kamen Rider.
- Kiriya Kujo: To be added
- Parado: A Bugster like her, who soon learns he's connected to Emu.
- Masamune Dan: Masamune called Poppy's sacrifice "senseless" and "garbage" to which Emu doesn't take kindly during the final battle.
- Lovelica/Ren Amagasaki: A dating sim game Bugster who took the form of Ren Amagasaki and took control of her to set up the completion of Kamen Rider Chronicle.
- Graphite: To be added
Behind the Scenes
Asuna Karino/Poppy Pipopapo is portrayed by Ruka Matsuda (松田 るか, Matsuda Ruka), who previously portrayed Katsumi Sasahara in Kamen Rider Ghost: Ikkyu Eyecon! Awaken, My Quick Wit Power!!. As Kamen Rider Poppy, her suit actor is Jiro Uchikawa (内川仁郎, Jiro Uchikawa).
In episode 12, Hiiro Kagami pointed out that her alias, Asuna Karino is simply a wordplay of "temporary nurse" (仮のナース, Kari no Nāsu). As Poppy Pipopapo, her name likely originates from the Japanese onomatopoeia "pipopapo" a sound effect often used for computers or video games, similar to the English "beep boop."
- Asuna's (Poppy) cell phone ringtone is the SF for the Gashat's Game Clear.
- Poppy's status of both being an ally and a Bugster could be a reference to how some real life viruses can actually be beneficial instead of harmful to certain living beings, like certain bacteria are.
- Game wise, it may also because that her base model is a support character where as regular Bugsters are based on antagonist or rival characters of their respective video games. Episode 19 further revealed that she is a playable character of her respective game.
- She appears to be based on the Vocaloid series.
- Asuna (Poppy) has shown some difficulty with English numbers on two separate occasions. Ex-Aid having to explain to her that '50' translates to 'go-jū' (五十) in Episode 15. She was later seen counting out on her hand to translate '99' in Episode 23
- Poppy's transformation sequence into her Level X form is a homage to anime's magical girl genre, like shows such as Sailor Moon and the Pretty Cure series.
- Poppy is the first female Rider to have a leading role in one of the movies. In this case Kamen Rider Para-DX with Poppy.
- In the promotional poster of the movie Kamen Rider Zi-O: Over Quartzer, Poppy among other Kamen Riders is seen in the background of the movie poster but they didn't show up in the actual movie.
- "TV Asahi's stats for Poppy Toki Meki Crisis Gamer Level X". https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ex-aid/rider/poppy_tokimekicrisisgamer_levelx/000.html.
- "Kamen Rider Official's page for Poppy Toki Meki Crisis Gamer Level X". https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/zukan/form/143.