|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Decade.|
Otoya Kurenai (紅 音也 Kurenai Otoya), also known as Kamen Rider Dark Kiva, is a alternative version of Otoya Kurenai from Nega's World.
Kamen Rier Decade
World of Negatives
This Otoya shares many characteristics with his other self of the world Kiva, however, Negative Otoya is a cruel and ruthless dictator who plunged his own world into oppression under the power of his Dark Riders (Orga, Ryuga, Dark Kabuto and Alternative). He wanted Tsukasa to stay in the Nega World by giving him the K-Touch, but instead Tsukasa kills the other Dark Riders. Otoya was hiding while Tsukasa was fighting the other Dark Riders. At the end of the story arc, Otoya remains as the last Dark Rider in Nega World.
- Masterful Violinist: Otoya was known for his prodigious violin skills.
Kamen Rider Dark Kiva
- ―Dark Kivat's transformation announcement[src]
- Rider Height: 205 cm
- Rider Weight: 112 kg
- Ability perimeters
Dark Kiva only appears to have one form, similar to that of Kiva Emperor Form in black and red. However, Dark Kiva does not require the use of a being such as Tatsulot to achieve this form. As Dark Kiva, Otoya has access to a unlimited potential of power that is hindered within his successor such as telekinesis and the use of the Kiva insignia as a weapon.
In search of power stronger than the Saga armor, the Fangire created a new armor meant for the second king. The armor is also known in dialogue as the "Kiva of Darkness" (闇の木場 Yami no Kiba), and can reach its limits by accessing the wearer's natural abilities, but it has the drawback of making the wearer lose control. The first King, now equipped with the Dark Kiva armor used the Wake Up III finisher "King's World End" during the fight against the Legendorgas. Due to the huge loss of Fangire life after the finisher was used, Knight and Pawn sealed off the use of the finishing attack.
Kamen Rider Dark Kiva has the following parts:
- King's Persona (キングス・ペルソナ Kingusu Perusona) - Dark Kiva's helmet. The bat-like wings on the head are called "Zenon Stabilizers", and spreads the stress on the user's brain by maximizing the demonic power of the user and armor.
- Darkness Breast (ダークネスブレスト Dākunesu Buresuto) - A depressant called Darkness Tar is applied to the armor to control the demonic power which is amplified by the 3 Demon Emperor Stones to prevent self destruction. The silver stripe in the center is called the Satan's Vessel (サタンベッセル Satan Besseru). It is an energy conduit which is connected to Kivat-Bat II to control the demonic power.
- Demon Emperor Stone (魔皇石 Ma Ō Ishi) - Like Kiva Emperor Form, the stones control the air, water and Earth, and amplifies the strength of the user by ten. The purity is higher than Emperor Form's 3 stones and has stronger amplification powers.
- Darkness Veil (ダークネスベール Dākunesu Bēru) - The cape. It can neutralize all physical attacks in the world. By swinging the cape, Dark Kiva can generate a blade of darkness to penetrate enemy defenses.
- Satan Mail (サタンメイル Satan Meiru) - The undersuit made of GaoraDoran leather. The material is rare, and it is made using the finest quality 1200 year-old Doran leather, and boasts 3 times the defense of Kiva's armor.
- Bloody Shoulder (ブラッディショルダー Buraddi Shorudā) - The shoulder armor made of polished Bloody Stone, has a blade that is sharp enough to cut like a razor with just a touch. It functions as armor and a powerful weapon in close combat.
- Bloody Armor (ブラッディアーマー Buraddi Āmā) - The bright crimson armor made of Bloody Stone. It is said it is not possible to refine it further, it stores demonic power and combines the power with the user.
- Stabilize Shadow (スタビライズシャドー Sutabiraizu Shadō) - The black lines on the Bloody Armor. They are restraint bands made of Darkness Tar with the purpose of cooling down the demonic power to protect the user from being overpowered and self destructing as a result.
- Kivat-Bat the 2nd - King's Kivat partner and servant.
- Dark Kivat Belt - Transformation device that forms when Kivat bites King.
- Fuestles - Whistle-like devices that activate a function, depending on the Fuestle.
Behind the scenes
- While the original Otoya was Wataru's father, Otoya does not exist in the World of Kiva because that world's Wataru had a human mother and Fangire father as opposed to a human father and Fangire mother.
- Unlike the original Otoya of Kamen Rider Kiva, this Otoya did not die after transforming into Dark Kiva, indicating that he may possibly be a Fangire, or perhaps he died off screen. His status is unknown.
- There's also the possibility that like the other Dark Riders, this Dark Kiva killed the real A.R. World Otoya and assumed his identity.
- It is more likely, however, that he is immune to Dark Kiva's drawbacks as the original Otoya only transformed out of desperation, whereas this Otoya did it rather nonchalantly.
- Coincidentally, the number of times he and his original counterpart transformed are the same: three.
- Kamen Rider Decade
- "TV Asahi's page for Dark Kiva". https://web.archive.org/web/20121024000555/http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiva/rider/darkkiva_00.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=420&width=400.