|This article is about a/an transformation belt in Kamen Rider OOO.|
The OOO Driver (オーズドライバー Ōzu Doraibā) is a belt that gives Eiji Hino the ability to become Kamen Rider OOO, originally the seal that kept the Greeed in their 800-year slumber. To transform into OOO, Eiji inserts three Core Medals into the O Slater (オースレイター Ō Sureitā), turns the O Slater on the Force Drive (フォースドライブ Fōsu Doraibu), scans the Core Medals with the O Scanner, and then holds the O Scanner up to his chest. According to Ankh, because it was Eiji who undid the seal on the OOO Driver itself, it will only work on him and no one else. However, someone else can perform the physical action of scanning Medals for Eiji as long as he is wearing the OOO Driver. The reason the seal broke was because of Eiji's lack of desire, which made him perfect to become OOO.
The OOO Driver can also be duplicated. All the clones of OOO Gatakiriba created by the Combo's Branch Shade ability sport working OOO Drivers, which allowed a group of eight OOOs to transform into each of his combos, Gatakiriba, Latorartar, Sagohzo, Shauta, Tajadol, Putotyra, and Burakawani, after being given Core Medals by the Greeed. The Gokaigers also sported OOO Drivers when they transformed into OOO's Combos, Tajadol, Shauta, Latorartar, Gatakiriba, Putotyra, and Sagohzo, via Ranger Keys created from Core Medals given to them by Eiji.
The OOO Driver consists of the following parts:
- O Slater (オースレイター Ō Sureitā) - The central panel on the OOO Driver. It is responsible for awakening the power within the O Medals. When loading medals, the O Slater is in a horizontal position. After tilting it, the O Slater enters a state that allows the O Scanner to release life energy from the medals.
- Medacryster (メダクリスタ Medakurisuta) - A part within the O Slater, it has a function that converges the vital energy released from the medals into one direction.
- Force Drive (フォースドライブ Fōsu Doraibu) - The axis upon which the O Slater tilts. The pattern engraved on it is a conduit that guides the sealed life energy to safely release.
- O Cathedral (オーカテドラル Ō Katedoraru) - A device within the Force Drive. The O Cathedral acts as some sort of ancient CPU, controlling and monitoring different aspects of the Driver, such as the Force Drive and the O Slater.
- Conductor (コンダクター Kondakutā) - The strip on the bottom part of the O Slater, it is technically part of the Force Drive due to its function: to slowly activate the O Medals as the O Scanner passes over them. In the DX toy, the Conductor is a light strip which glows different colors as a transformation jingle is being played.
- Drive Earth (ドライブアース Doraibu Āsu) - The gray sections on top of the slots where the O Medals are inserted. It regulates and decomposes life energy generated from the O Medals, doing so to ensure the O Scanner does not read the energy excessively.
- O Scanner (オースキャナー Ō Sukyanā) - A device that shifts the life energy created by the O Medals and produces power from it that can be used by humans. As the O Scanner passes over each O Medal, an energy ring, called an O Lung Circle (オーラングサークル Ō Rangu Sākuru), is generated, infusing that medal's life energy into the user's body, allowing transformation into OOO. In addition, if the same set of medals are scanned again, it is reactivated, pouring out overflowing amounts of power, allowing OOO to deal deathblows.
- Scanner Nest (スキャナーネスト Sukyanā Nesuto) - The holster on the Driver's right side that holds the O Scanner when it is not in use. It repairs the O Scanner as well as reorganise the scanned life energy within it to prevent malfunction.
- O Medal Nest (オーメダルネスト Ō Medaru Nesuto) - The small O Medal container on the left side of the Driver. O Medals inside are forced into a dormant state, preventing the O Scanner from accidentally scanning them.
- Disaster Save (ディザスターセーブ Dizasutā Sēbu) - Grey section jutting vertically out of the buckle on either side of the Force Drive. They adjust the power of the OOO Driver to prevent users from going berserk. In the unlikely state of a runaway user (i.e. a purple O Medal possesses Eiji]], a safety protection device is forcibly put on the systems of the OOO Driver to force O Medals into a dormant state, releasing transformation. However, the Disaster Save has shown to be ineffective against Purple O Medals, possibly due to them being the antithesis of desire.
Hexa OOO Driver
Behind the scenes
- The sound effect that the OOO Driver used when the O Slater is adjusted, reuses the sound from the Drag Visor.
- The OOO Driver is also donned by Hitomi Isaka of Kamen Rider Girls, who represents OOO in the group.
- ↑ "TV Asahi's page on the OOO Driver". http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ooo/rider/ooo_driver.html. Retrieved 2010-09-04.