|This article is about a/an weapon in Kamen Rider Gaim.|
The Musou Saber (無双セイバー Musō Seibā, lit. "Unrivaled Saber") is Kamen Rider Gaim, Zangetsu, Bujin Gaim, Gaim Yami, and Jam's side weapon. It can also be summoned and utilized via the special ability of Kiwami Arms. Kamen Rider Drive can also use this weapon, alongside the Daidaimaru, when he transforms into Type Fruits. Kamen Rider Ghost can also use this weapon, alongside the Daidaimaru, when he transforms into Gaim Damashii. It first appears in episode 52 of Kamen Rider Wizard.
Being a side weapon for certain Armored Riders, the Musou Saber is carried in a holster located on the left side of their Sengoku Driver as part of their Ride Wear suit, with the exception of Jam who can simply summon the weapon from out of thin air. When Gaim transforms into Kiwami Arms, his holster is replaced with a second Lockseed Holder.
The Musou Saber can be used as both a sword, which is known as Saber Mode (セイバーモード Seibā Mōdo), and a gun, known as Gun Mode (ガンモード Gan Mōdo), at the same time. To activate the gun portion, the user pulls the Barrett Slide (バレットスライド Baretto Suraido) tab in the back, allowing them to shoot at any range four times.
A Musou Saber consists of the following parts:
- Hamon Edge (ハモンエッジ Hamon Ejji) is blade section of the saber. It is a blade which analyzed the structure of some famous sword and demon saber of the world, greatly improved by modern state-of-the-art technology and improved sharpness and strength.
- Musou Muzzle (ムソウマズル Musou Mazuru) is a muzzle that fires a bullet in gun mode.
- Energy Chamber (エナジーチャンバー Enajī Chanbā) is the energy gauge of the saber. At high power, the chamber itself emits light strongly, and the remaining number of bullets in Gun mode is displayed.
- Drive Launch (ドライブランチ Doraibu Ranchi) is the storage bay for loading Lockseed. By setting the Lockseed, finisher can be released in Saber Mode and Gun Mode.
- Barrett Slide (バレットスライド Baretto Suraido) is a slide switch for bullet loading in gun mode. It is necessary to reload if remaining impact bullets are displayed in the energy chamber where remaining debris is displayed.
- Burai Trigger (ブライトリガー Burai Torigā) is a trigger used for triggering finishers and gun mode shooting.
- Power Cell Grip (パワーセルグリップ Pawā Seru Gurippu) is the grip part of the saber. A large capacity power cell is built in, and supplies energy to the saber.
- Armored Rider Gaim
- Kaito Kumon (episode 2)
- Armored Rider Zangetsu
- Bujin Rider Gaim (Sengoku Movie Battle)
- Armored Rider Fifteen Gaim Arms (Kamen Rider Taisen)
- Armored Rider Gaim Yami (Golden Fruits Cup!, Final Stage)
- Armored Rider Jam (episode 47)
- Armored Rider Ryugen (Movie War Full Throttle)
- Kamen Rider Drive Type Fruits (Movie War Full Throttle)
- Kamen Rider Ghost Gaim Damashii (Kamen Rider Ghost: Legendary! Riders' Souls! (Wizard Chapter), Kamen Rider 1)
- Kamen Rider Specter Gaim Damashii (Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing)
- Kamen Rider Necrom Gaim Damashii (Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing)
For Gaim, the Musou Saber can combine with some of his Arms Weapons to become an alternate mode for more powerful attacks.
- Daidaimaru: Naginata Mode (ナギナタモード Naginata Mōdo)
- Pine Iron: Kusarigama Mode (鎖鎌モード Kusarigama Mōdo, lit."Chain Sickle Mode")
- Hinawadaidai-DJ-Ju: Taiken Mode (大剣モード Taiken Mōdo, lit."Great Sword Mode")
- Daidaimaru + Hinawadaidai-DJ-Ju: Sojinto Mode (双刃刀モード Sōjintō Mōdo, lit."Double-Blade Sword Mode") (toy only, never used on-screen)
- There is a possible combination of the Pine Iron and Hinawadaidai-DJ-Ju (unseen in any media)
In Fresh Orange Arms, as Gaim is equipped with two Daidaimarus, he is also able to summon two Musou Sabers, allowing him to dual wield both Daidaimarus in Naginata Mode.
By inserting a Lockseed into the Drive Launch (ドライブランチ Doraibu Ranchi) and locking it in place, Gaim, Zangetsu, or Jam can perform a Fruits Charge (フルーツチャージ Furūtsu Chāji) finishing attack, which is announced by the Musou Saber counting "1, 10, 100" (一、十、百 Ichi, Jū, Hyaku). The Musou Saber can count higher to "1,000" (千 Sen) and "10,000" (万 Man) while combined with the Daidaimaru, as well as even further to "100,000,000" (億 Oku), "1,000,000,000,000" (兆 Chō), and "Muryodaisu" (無量大数 Muryōdaisū, lit. "Immeasurable large number", which is the number Infinity in modern day mathematics) while combined with the Hinawadaidai-DJ-Ju. The Musou Saber also has an unused finisher, the Musou Shot (無双ショット Musō Shotto, lit. "Unrivaled Shot"), which is activated by pulling on the Pallete Slide beforehand.
- Orange Charge (オレンジチャージ Orenji Chaji): By locking the Orange Lockseed, Gaim can execute the Orange Musou Zan (オレンジ無双斬 Orenji Musō Zan, lit. "Orange Unrivaled Slash"), where he charges the Musou Saber with orange-shaped energy producing an effect of sparks around it before he slashes the enemy.
- Ichigo Charge (イチゴチャージ Ichigo Chāji, lit. "Strawberry Charge"): By locking the Ichigo Lockseed, Gaim can execute the Kunai Burst (クナイバースト Kunai Bāsuto), where he slashes upwards to create a giant energy duplicate of the Ichigo Kunai, which then changes into a giant strawberry before exploding into countless regular-sized kunai that rain down on the enemy and detonate once hit. This can also be done in multiple swings.
- When used in Kiwami Arms, the finisher is nothing different, aside from being more powerful than the normal version.
- Naginata Musou Slicer (ナギナタ無双スライサー Naginata Musō Suraisā)
- Orange Charge (オレンジチャージ Orenji Chāji): Gaim fires energy slashes from the Musou Saber end at the enemy, trapping them in an orange sphere. Afterwards, he charges the Daidaimaru end with energy before slashing the enemy with it, the enemy will explode moments later after few Orange slice energy coming out. The Orange Charge has two variations for close-quarters combat; a multiple slash version for separate targets and a 360 degree turn slash version that forms orange slices on contact with the target.
- Naginata Musou Slicer (ナギナタ無双スライサー Naginata Musō Suraisā)
- Blood Orange Charge (ブラッドオレンジチャージ Buraddo Orenji Chāji): By locking the Blood Orange Lockseed, Bujin Gaim charges the Daidaimaru end with energy before he slashes the enemy with it. The Blood Orange Charge has two variations for close-quarters combat; a straight slash version for a single target and a 360 degree turn slash version that forms blood orange slices on contact with the target.
- Kachidoki Charge (カチドキチャージ Kachidoki Chāji, lit. "Triumph Charge"): Unlike the Musou Saber and Daidaimaru Naginata Mode, Gaim must lock the Kachidoki Lockseed into the Hinawadaidai-DJ-Ju's Drive Bay in order to execute the Hinawa Daidai Musou Zan (火縄大橙無双斬 Hinawa Daidai Musō Zan, lit. "Matchlock Great Orange Unrivaled Slash"), where he ignites the blade in flames before unleashing a Orange slice based energy powerful slash on the enemy.
- By locking the Orange Lockseed, Gaim can also unleashing a colorful slash on the enemy.
- Pine Musou Zan (パイン無双斬 Pain Musō Zan, lit. "Pineapple Unrivaled Slash"): After Gaim activates his Sengoku Driver's Au Lait function, he restrains the opponent with the Pine Iron and charges the Musou Saber with pineapple-shaped energy before slashing the enemy.
- Hinawa Daidai Musou Zan (火縄大橙無双斬 Hinawa Daidai Musō Zan, lit. "Matchlock Great Orange Unrivaled Slash"): After Gaim activates his Sengoku Driver's Au Lait function, he charges the Hinawadaidai-DJ-Ju in Taiken Mode with energy surrounded by image projections of fruits before slashing down the target. The fruit image projections scatter on impact.
- Musou Zan Fresh (無双斬フレッシュ Musō Zan Furesshu, lit. "Unrivaled Slash Fresh"): After Gaim activates his Sengoku Driver's Au Lait function, he shakes the Musou Saber clockwise to create an Orange-shaped energy airflow, then executes a series of powerful energy-filled slashes from both his Musou Saber and two Daidaimarus.
- Musou Fresh Slicer (無双フレッシュスライサー Musō Furesshu Suraisā, lit. "Unrivaled Fresh Slicer"): After Gaim activates his Sengoku Driver's Sparking function, he shakes the Musou Saber downward to create a rainbow field, then executes a powerful energy-filled slash from his Daidaimaru Naginata Mode.
- Melon Musou Zan (メロン無双斬 Meron Musō Zan, lit. "Melon Unrivaled Slash"): After Zangetsu activates his Sengoku Driver's Squash function, he charges the Musou Saber with melon-shaped energy before slashing the enemy.
- Kamen Rider Drive Type Fruits can also used a variation of the Naginata Musou Slicer, named Full Speed Daidai Giri (フルスピード大橙斬 Furu Supīdo Daidai Giri, lit. "Full Speed Great Orange Slash") thought this finisher was active by Shift Brace, where he stood on a floating orange piece that flew towards the target, slashing his enemy with a charged Daidaimaru.
The Musou Saber, as wielded by Gaim alongside the Daidaimaru, Zangetsu alongside the Melon Defender, and Bujin Gaim alongside the Daidaimaru (Bujin Gaim ver.), is also among the various Rider Weapons used by Ganbarider, optionally alongside the Sonic Arrow as well, in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing.
Behind the scenes
- The design of the Musou Saber's Naginata Mode is similar to the Shogun Spear from Power Rangers Super Samurai.
- The Musou Saber's design is similar to that of the Ixa Calibur, as a sword and pistol built into one weapon. It also resembles the SB-555H Faiz Edge and SB-913X Kaixa Blaygun, specifically in the act of inserting Lockseeds/Mission Memories to perform the finisher.
- Though Fifteen Gaim Arms is shown to wield the Musou Saber, it is seen in promotional images of Kamen Rider Taisen. However, in his final battle against Gaim, Fifteen is shown to use his personal Yomimaru sword alongside the Daidaimaru in the same fashion as the Musou Saber.