|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Ryuki.|
- "Why is this happening? I... I... just wanted to be happy..."
- ―Mitsuru's final words before vanishing.[src]
- 1 History
- 2 Appearances in other media
- 3 Video Game appearances
- 3.1 Kamen Rider Ryuki (Video Game)
- 3.2 Climax Heroes Series
- 3.3 Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
- 3.4 Kamen Rider Riderbout
- 3.5 Kamen Rider Break Joker
- 3.6 Kamen Rider Batton-Line
- 3.7 Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
- 3.8 Battle Spirits
- 4 Personality
- 5 Fighting Style
- 6 Kamen Rider Imperer
- 7 Contract Monsters
- 8 Equipment
- 9 Behind the scenes
- 10 Notes
- 11 Appearances
- 12 References
- 13 External Links
- 14 See Also
Kamen Rider Ryuki
Although Mitsuru came from an affluent family, he worked in a parking garage, occasionally cleaning rich people's cars. His father sent him out into the world so that he could learn the hardships of life and not be spoiled by a rich upbringing. However, due to his poor lifestyle, he believed friendship, respect, and love could be bought, and thus accepted Kanzaki's proposal to become a Kamen Rider in order to become rich and lead a happy life. He became a mercenary of sorts, attempting to sell his strength as a Kamen Rider to the various factions within the remaining Riders.
He first approached Shinji Kido and Ren Akiyama, flattering them with praise after seeing them fight. Though Shinji was fooled, Ren brought him back to his senses and refused him. Sano attempted to appeal to even Shuichi Kitaoka and Takeshi Asakura, failing to gain employment from either. Sano finally turned to Satoru Tojo and Hideyuki Kagawa for assistance. Kagawa, though knowing Sano did not fully understood his motives, allowed Sano to work with him and Satoru. Kagawa, though knowing Sano did not fully understood his motives, allowed Sano to work with him and Satoru, is view how Mitsuru destroyed a Sheerghosts demonstrating how his power is finally he and Satoru and Hideyuki ambushed to Ryuki that recently appears.
The monsters that attacked the group of Riders are shown to be the Contract Monsters of the new Rider. As they begin to fade, Tiger & Alternative Zero leave Mirror World and the rest follow closely behind including Imperer. Hideyuki calls his family to ensure their safety but does it in front of Tojo, Mitsuru goes and visits Hideyuki & Tojo and offers the same services for a price. In the middle of bargaining, they sense a monster. Mitsuru enters Mirror World to show off his skills as an ally.
Sano's contract with Kagawa was later cut off when Kagawa was killed (by Satoru), Ren is enraged by Shinji's decision to include Mitsuru as his comrade; but he still kept Satoru as a good friend and even hostelled him when Satoru was injured from battles before. It was then Satoru confessed his convictions and called Sano a friend.
Mitsuru, after being dumped as an ally by Tojo attempts to ally himself with Shinji, Kitaoka and Asakura, but none of them works,later he watches the battle between Satoru as Tiger and Asakura as Ouja ,to later have a little talk with him and rescue Satoru.
After his father died, he inherited his father's business and became the boss of a major company. Because of his new found lifestyle, he wanted to give up the Rider war and enjoy his wealth. However, Kanzaki reminded him of his contract with Gigazelle and its fellow Zelles as well as what would happen to Sano if he did not fulfill his side of the contract with them. Shaken, Sano decided to use part of his inheritance to buy the services of the other Riders, as he himself had tried to offer. Showing up at their doorstep with a suitcase of contract money, he appealed to Shinji and Ren, but was flatly refused. Sano tried the same tactics on Kitaoka, and seemingly succeeded, but Sano cancelled the contract days later after deeming Kitaoka "unreliable."
Sano's contract with Kagawa was later cut off when Kagawa was killed (by Satoru), but he still kept Satoru as a good friend and even hostelled him when Satoru was injured from battles before. It was then Satoru confessed his convictions and called Sano a friend.
Though Satoru was grateful to Sano for caring for him, he later back-stabbed Sano, who was later wounded and left for dead. Though he survived the attempt on his life (which Satoru thought he did finish Sano off), Sano was ambushed by Ouja while attempting to make his escape back to the real world. Ouja then destroyed Imperer's Card Deck with his Veno Crash attack, making him unable to leave the Mirror World and dissolve within minutes, screaming and begging for help.
Imperer, like Kamen Rider Gai and Kamen Rider Scissors, as well as the Alternatives, did not reappear in the epilogue after Kanzaki reverted time. But it can be implied that Mitusuru is revived too as Jun was revealed to return in the future of the next Rider war.
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
Kamen Rider Imperer was part of a group of reinforcement riders led by Akira Date/Kamen Rider Birth to aid the primary riders in defeating the Rock Great Leader. All the Kamen Riders got on their bikes and performed the All Rider Break attack which destroyed the Great Leader.
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER
Kamen Rider Imperer appears as a toy, when Sento and Sougo they find Ataru he brings them to his room which is filled with Kamen Rider memorabilia, with Sougo and Sento stunned to see toys of themselves. Ataru reveals that Kamen Riders are fictional.
Appearances in other media
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders: ~Let's Look! Only Your 48 Riders~
Type35. - I Like the Mystery of the Final Vent!
Kamen Rider Imperer appears with Stronger, Drake, and OOO Takatorata combo. According to Kivat-Bat the 3rd, Imperer is considered a perfect boyfriend for girls.
Type39. - Ice Pop! Your White Self Matures Later!
Kamen Rider Imperer appears with Chalice Wild Form, Raia, and TheBee. According to Kivat-Bat the 3rd, Imperer is considered a perfect boyfriend for girls.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Ryuki (Video Game)
Kamen Rider Imperer appears as playable character in the PS1 game. Like the other Ryuki Riders, he summons his Contract monster, Gigazelle and uses his Advent cards and his finisher, Drive Divider.
Climax Heroes Series
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO
Kamen Rider Imperer appears in the video game with the other Kamen Riders of the Heisei Era, in Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO.
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze
Kamen Rider Imperer appears in the video game with the others Kamen Riders of the Heisei Era, in Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze.
Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes
Kamen Rider Imperer is an unlockable and playable character with the other Kamen Riders in Super Climax Heroes.
Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
Kamen Rider Imperer appears with other Kamen Riders and Monsters in Kamen Rider Gabanrider.
Kamen Rider Riderbout
Kamen Rider Imperer appears as a playable character with the other Heisei and Showa Kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Riderbout.
Kamen Rider Break Joker
Kamen Rider Impere appears as a playable character with other Riders and monsters in Kamen Rider Break Joker.
Kamen Rider Batton-Line
Kamen Rider Imperer appears as a playable character in Kamen Rider Batton-Line among other
Riders in the game.
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Kamen Rider Imperer is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul, among othersRiders.
Kamen Rider Imperer appears with other Kamen Riders and Monsters in Battle Spirits.
Mitsuru is a person who was obsessed with becoming rich. Having been disowned by his wealthy father, Sano became convinced that money was what truly brought happiness in a person's life, with financial poverty only further cementing this idea.
Since his introduction, Sano showed himself to have little to no honor as a person, constantly groveling to others with money or power. Even worse, Sano would easily betray anyone that trusted him, not caring how his actions would affect them. This extended to their own lives as well, with Yui nearly dying from Sano's betrayal.
Like other antagonistic participants in the Rider War, Sano quickly proved himself to be a manipulative individual, with an early example being how he had discretely sent a horde of his Zelle towards other Riders to determine their strengths. Yet, despite his craftiness, Sano was far from infallible, to the point of initially misjudging Asakura and Tojo as people he could trust. This, combined with his decision to attack the actually trustworthy Shinji would prove Sano's downfall.
For all of his negative qualities though, Sano was not without some postitive merits as a person, in contrast to the more irredeemable Ryuki Riders. Alongside having saved Tojo from his near brush with death, Sano would prove rather generous with the money he later inherited from his deceased father, to the point of offering hefty sums of it to others in exchange for favors. Most of all, he did show genuine concern for Yuri, to the point of fighting to protect her.
Imperer is a melee based Rider. He utilizes Muay Thai - Style attacks such as knee strikes enhanced by his Gazellevisor. He also uses the Spin Vent as his primary weapon. However, his biggest fighting advantage is in numbers, since his Contract Monster Gigazelle is accompanied by Megazelle and Omegazelle (later additions were Magazelle and Negazelle). His significant number of Contract Monsters can easily overwhelm other Riders.
However, Imperer's numbers strategy can be disrupted, forcing Imperer to fight Riders by himself. Another weakness is that the several Zelle monsters which assist Imperer in battle merely follow Gigazelle's orders, and often prove themselves to be inconsistent, randomly helping or attacking Imperer.
Kamen Rider Imperer
- Punching Power: 10 t.[note 1]
- Kicking Power: 20 t.[note 2]
- Maximum Jump Height: 50 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5 sec.
Sano can transform into Kamen Rider Imperer using his Card Deck and V Buckle upon forming a contract with a Gigazelle. His Visor, the Gazellevisor (ガゼルバイザー Gazeru Baizā), is mounted on his right knee. Imperer's punching power, kicking power, and running speed are identical to Ryuki's, while his jump height is significantly higher.
Through the use of the Spin Vent Advent Card, Imperer can arm himself with the Gazellestab (ガゼルスタッブ Gazeru Sutabbu), an arm-mounted pair of drills derived from Gigazelle's horns and forehead.
By using his his Final Vent, Imperer can execute his finisher, the Drive Divider (ドライブディバイダー Doraibu Dibaidā), in which he summons a horde of Zelle Mirror Monsters to surround him and stampede the enemy. Imperer then emerges from the crowd and delivers a knee strike to the opponent's head.
- Card Deck - Transformation device and Advent Card holder
- V Buckle - Transformation belt
- Advent Cards - Trinkets that enable a Rider to summon Contract Monsters, access equipment, and use special abilities
- Gazellevisor - Imperer's Visor that enables him to use Advent Cards
- Rideshooter - Motorcycle used by any Rider to enter the Mirror World
Behind the scenes
- His name is based on "Impala". The name is also based on "Imperial " since he commands more than one gazelle-like Contract Monsters.
- His Rider alias could also be romanized "Impaler" (a reference to his impaling attacks) and is pronounced as such the one time it is said in the series.
- He shares the same last name as Tony Sano, the actor who plays his American Counterpart. Interestingly, the last name is also shared with Gaku Sano, who would play as a Rider twelve years later.
- Imperer is the first Rider to use a drill for a weapon.
- Imperer is the only Rider to not have been killed in battle like Raia and Gai or devoured by their beast like Scissors, instead disintegrating from overexposure to the mirror world.
- Imperer is one of three riders in the series who has their Visor attached to their suit, the other two being Gai whose Visor is on his shoulder, and Verde whose Visor is mounted on his thigh. The same is said for their respective American counterparts.
- Imperer is unique among the other Riders in that his color scheme does not match that of his contract monster. Gigazelle is primarily purple-colored, but Imperer's color scheme is brown.
- Coincidentally, he shares his name with a character from the soccer manga series Captain Tsubasa.
- Mitsuru Sano is the only Ryuki Rider that has few cards in his Card Deck.
- Kamen Rider Imperer at toeihero.net
- Kamen Rider Ryuki Spoiler Page
- Mitsuru Sano on Kamen Rider Official
- Kamen Rider Imperer on Kamen Rider Official
- Chase (Dragon Knight) - counterpart in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. See comparison page.
- Albert Cho - counterpart in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. See comparison page.
- Kamen Rider Imperer (A.R. World) - Another version of Imperer found in Kamen Rider Decade.
- Ishida - The new Kamen Rider Imperer in Rider Time: Kamen Rider Ryuki.