|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Gaim.|
- "It's been a long time, my friend."
- ―Mecha Ryoma's greeting to the Kureshima brothers[src]
Mecha Ryoma Sengoku (メカ戦極凌馬 Meka Sengoku Ryōma) was an android replica of the original Ryoma Sengoku created by Megahex to serve him. Like his human basis, he transforms into Kamen Rider Duke (仮面ライダーデューク Kamen Raidā Dyūku).
Movie War Full Throttle
In the film Movie War Full Throttle, the mechanical lifeform Megahex uses Kouta's memories of the original Ryoma to create the cybernetic Mecha Ryoma Sengoku to prevent any from meddling in his affairs. As he is a convincing facsimile, seeing himself as Ryoma reborn, Mecha Ryoma considers himself as the realization of the original's desire of becoming a godly being. Using the Dragon Energy Lockseed, Mecha Ryoma drives off Mitsuzane Kureshima before he and Takatora face him the following day. As Mitsuzane leaves to save Mai, Takatora becomes Zangetsu and settles his affairs with Ryoma in a decisive battle that ends with Kamen Rider Zangetsu fatally wound Mecha Ryoma with the robot lasting long enough to speak some last words to his former friend. Mecha Ryoma's Genesis Driver would be later taken by Takatora to transform into Kamen Rider Zangetsu Shin once more.
Like the Armored Riders and his fellow New Generation Riders, Kamen Rider Duke's forms are called Arms (アームズ Āmuzu). His Genesis Driver announces "Soda" (ソーダ Sōda) before every transformation.
By pushing the Genesis Driver's Seaboll Compressor into the Energy Lockseed after transforming from one to two times, Duke can activate one of two finishing moves based on his current Arms form: Squash (スカッシュ Sukasshu) or Sparking (スパーキング Supākingu). In addition to the Genesis Driver's finishing moves, Duke can perform a Sonic Volley (ソニックボレー Sonikku Borē) finishing attack by inserting an Energy Lockseed into the Energy Drive Bay of his Sonic Arrow.
The Genetic Ride Wear (ゲネティックライドウェア Genetikku Raido Uēa) is Duke's default form undersuit, which is briefly seen during Duke's transformation sequence before the Armor Part attaches. However, this form is completely vulnerable to any incoming attacks when shot at directly in the suit rather than at the Arms that is descending down on the Rider.
When using Dragon Energy Arms, Duke's Genetic Ride Wear receives minor modifications, denoting it as a particularly powerful Arms.
- "Soda! Dragon Energy Arms! (Fast techno music)"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
Dragon Energy Arms (ドラゴンエナジーアームズ Doragon Enajī Āmuzu) is Duke's pitaya-based form accessed through the Dragon Fruits Energy Lockseed.
While assuming Dragon Energy Arms, Duke dons the Dragon Energy Armor Part (ドラゴンエナジーアーマーパート Doragon Enajī Āmā Pāto) and his Arms Weapon is the Sonic Arrow.
This Arms has two finishing attacks.
- Genesis Driver finisher:
- Unnamed Rider Slash: Duke activates the Squash function on his Genesis Driver and fuels all the energy from the Dragon Fruits Energy Lockseed into his body, which is then converted into Sonic Arrow, before he executes Pitaya-shaped energy slash attack.
- Sonic Arrow finisher:
- Sonic Volley (ソニックボレー Sonikku Borē): Duke locks the Dragon Fruits Energy Lockseed into the Sonic Arrow and fires a powerful arrow shot that when it hits a target forms a Asian lung energy for a brief second before exploding.
This form is exclusive to Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Drive & Gaim: Movie War Full Throttle.
- Genesis Driver - Transformation device
- Lockseeds - Gives access to Duke's Arms changes, depending on which lock is used
Behind the scenes
Ryoma Sengoku is portrayed by Tsunenori Aoki (青木 玄徳 Aoki Tsunenori),. As Kamen Rider Duke, his suit actor is Kenji Tominaga (富永 研司 Tominaga Kenji) who was previously the suit actor for Kamen Rider Kuuga, Kamen Rider Bujin Gaim and Kamen Rider Fifteen.
- Production-wise, Ryoma is the first user of the Dragon Fruits Energy Lockseed, though it is later revealed Alfred was the first to use it chronologically.
- Main article: Ryoma Sengoku/Appearances
- ↑ "仮面ライダー鎧武｜青木玄徳オフィシャルブログ「FUGIT… ｜Ameba (アメーバ)". 2013-11-17. http://s.ameblo.jp/aokitsunenori/entry-11698494330.html. Retrieved 2013-11-21.