|This article is about a/an web episode in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.|
Emu finally learned the truth of the mastermind of the returning death. With his last chance, Emu and the other trapped Riders joining forces to defeat him, Kuroto Dan.
Emu decided to return to the no-continue game world one more time despite the risk that his memory will be reset again. Kiriya, Kaito, Yoko, and Kino came back to the baseline and met the reset Emu. All of them reminded Emu again who they were and then Kenzaki appeared. But Emu avoided Kenzaki immediately and claimed that he is not the 'real' Kenzaki Kazuma. As the others were confused, the real Kenzaki Kazuma showed himself. Also showing that the real Kenzaki Kazuma was truly alive with the mirror reflection. The reset Emu finally regained his memory again completely as he slowly told the Riders that the 'fake' Kenzaki Kazuma was his and Kiriya's mortal nemesis, Kamen Rider Genm aka Kuroto Dan.
Laughing in horror, Kuroto finally revealed his true identity and his true motive that he actually used the death Riders to have their hope turned into despair to be absorbed for his own resurrection. He soon absorbed the despair energy from the four Riders. But, his happiness is short lived as Kenzaki's appearance means the destruction of the game world that Kuroto's created for his own good. Kenzaki mocked Kuroto that he made the biggest mistake ever by copying him and his ability to use the Undead's power meaning that attracting him as Kenzaki himself as an Undead and the worst, Joker which will destroy the world.
Vexed, Kuroto finally summoned his troops and transformed into Genm Zombie Gamer Level X. The Riders (the five Riders and Ex-Aid Maximum Gamer Level 99) fought him and his troops well and managed to corner him until he absorbed his last boss bugster that he created. Ex-Aid finally gave the five Riders the cards to transform into Kamen Sentai Gorider. They transformed into their respective color and Baron took the lead as Akarider. With the combined force of the Goriders and Ex-Aid, Kuroto was defeated for good with the Gorider Ball and Gorider Bazooka attacks. Genm soon self destructs himself alongside the Riders, however Lazer and the other dead three Riders quickly puts an end to him and themselves to save Blade and Ex-Aid.
The world was finally saved and Emu told them what happened in that game world to Asuna and Hiiro. After being given the yellow balloon from a kid, Emu smiled as he remembered the smile of the death Riders and decides to keep on forward to become the best doctor.
- Emu Hojo (宝生 永夢 Hōjō Emu): Hiroki Iijima (飯島 寛騎 Iijima Hiroki)
- Hiiro Kagami (鏡 飛彩 Kagami Hiiro): Toshiki Seto (瀬戸 利樹 Seto Toshiki)
- Kamen Rider Snipe (仮面ライダースナイプ Kamen Raidā Sunaipu): Ukyo Matsumoto (松本 享恭 Matsumoto Ukyō, Voice)
- Asuna Karino (仮野 明日那 Karino Asuna): Ruka Matsuda (松田 るか Matsuda Ruka)
- Kuroto Dan (檀 黎斗 Dan Kuroto): Tetsuya Iwanaga (岩永 徹也 Iwanaga Tetsuya)
- Kiriya Kujo (九条 貴利矢 Kujō Kiriya): Hayato Onozuka (小野塚 勇人 Onozuka Hayato)
- Kaoru Kino (木野 薫 Kino Kaoru): Takanori Higuchi (樋口 隆則 Higuchi Takanori)
- Kazuma Kenzaki (剣崎 一真 Kenzaki Kazuma): Takayuki Tsubaki (椿 隆之 Tsubaki Takayuki)
- Kaito Kumon (駆紋 戒斗 Kumon Kaito): Yutaka Kobayashi (小林 豊 Kobayashi Yutaka)
- Yoko Minato (湊 耀子 Minato Yōko): Minami Tsukui (佃井 皆美 Tsukui Minami)
- Totema (トーテマ Tōtema, Voice): Kazuki Yao (矢尾 一樹 Yao Kazuki)
- Child: Rihito Matsuura (松浦 理仁 Matsuura Rihito)
Form Changes and Collectibles Used
- Gashat Used:
- Level Used:
- Energy Items Used:
- Speeding-Up, Iron-Body
- Forms used:
- to be added
- The method of reviving himself Kuroto Dan used (gathering the despair of dead Kamen Riders by crushing their hopes) mirrors the method Sou Fueki from Kamen Rider Wizard used in attempt to revive his daughter.
- It is possible that Kuroto knew this exact way, as he is shown to know about various previous Kamen Riders and the source of their powers, such as becoming an imitation of Kamen Rider Blade in the Game World and using Undead powers.
- Noticably, when Kuroto was gathering said despair, it was purple in color.
- Taiga remains transformed as Snipe throughout this episode.
- Video Game References in this episode:
- The Shocker combat men being repelled when they tried to follow Emu into the house references how enemies are unable to follow the players into certain areas. Especially ones that were meant to be safe areas.
- Emu entering the numbers to respawn in the game brings to mind password systems in old generation games where a password is given after a player clears the game or fail via Game Over.
- The cannon used by the Goriders and Ex-Aid to defeat Genm was a reused Super Sentai Bazooka from the movie Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle.
- As per the rules of the Undead Battle Fight, Kenzaki as the Joker and being the only Undead in the Game World that Kuroto created automatically makes Kenzaki the winner, triggering the end of said world.
- The numerical codes that Emu uses to remind himself to be suspicious of Blade every time he re-enters the game, 2-0-10 8 9-6-0-9 (ふれいと (ぶれいど) は くろまく Fureito (Bureido) wa Kuromaku, meaning "Blade is the Mastermind") and 2-0-10 8 9-6-10 (ふれいと (ぶれいど) は くろと Fureito (Bureido) wa Kuroto, meaning "Blade is Kuroto"), is a complex Japanese pun, as it constitutes numbers with a combination of their respective on'yomi and kun'yomi pronunciations:
- The numbers 2 (ふ Fu) and 10 (と To) from both codes, along with the second 0 (ま Ma) from the first code use their kun'yomi pronunciations. Of note, the characters "Fu" (ふ) and the first "To" (と) from both codes are in this case approximated to "Bu" (ぶ) and "Do" (ど) respectively due to how similar they are written.
- The first 0 (れい Rei) from both codes, along with the numbers 8 (は Ha), 9 (く Ku), and 6 (ろ Ro) from both codes, use their on'yomi pronunciations. The "Ha" (は) character here is pronounced "Wa" as it follows the subject (Blade) in a sentence (Blade is the mastermind/Kuroto).
- Kuroto posing as Kenzaki even in the presence of the real Kenzaki echoes the final episode of D-Video Special: Kamen Rider 4 where the Great Leader of Shocker is revealed to be disguising as Takumi Inui in the presence of the real Takumi.
- Kaito Kumon becoming Akarider could be a nod to an interview with his actor revealing he almost got the role of Captain Marvelous from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, but he turned down for another project and the role was given to Ryota Ozawa.
- This episode marks the only instance where Kaito Kumon refers to himself as Kamen Rider Baron, instead of his usual Armored Rider Baron from Gaim. Kamen Rider Gaim Gaiden: Kamen Rider Baron does not count, as he was only reading the title of the V-Cinema, and not actually referring himself as such.
- The same adheres for Yoko Minato as well.
Home video release
Kamen Sentai Gorider was released on DVD and Blu-ray on September 15, 2017.