|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider 555.|
Masato Kusaka (草加 雅人 Kusaka Masato) was a member of Ryusei School who was capable of wearing the Kaixa Gear without disintegrating afterwards and the Gear's primary wearer as Kamen Rider Kaixa (仮面ライダーカイザ Kamen Raidā Kaiza, Masked Rider Kaixa).
- 1 History
- 2 Post Series and other events
- 2.1 Kamen Rider Decade
- 2.2 OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
- 2.3 Kamen Rider Taisen
- 2.4 D-Video Special: Kamen Rider 4
- 2.5 Kamen Rider Ghost: Special Event
- 2.6 Kamen Rider Zi-O
- 3 Appearances in other media
- 3.1 OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders: ~Let's Look! Only Your 48 Riders~
- 3.2 Stage Show
- 4 Video Game appearances
- 5 Other Game appearances
- 6 Personality
- 7 Fighting Style
- 8 Forms
- 9 Equipment
- 10 Legend Rider Devices
- 11 Behind the scenes
- 12 Notes
- 13 Appearances
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Kamen Rider Faiz
Ever since being killed and revived by the Dragon Orphnoch, Masato had a history with Orphnochs which fueled his hatred for them. While originally acting friendly towards Takumi, he eventually showed his true colors and his motives were revealed.
Masato Kusaka is the only one to have worn all three of the Kamen Rider belts (Faiz, Kaixa and Delta). He wore the Faiz Gear to trick Yuji Kiba. He wore the Delta Gear to battle the Beetle Orphnochs (Rhinoceros and Stag).
Masato had a great deal more Orphnoch DNA implanted into him, allowing him to use the Kaixa gear safely for a time, but near the end of the series, it began to wear off, and using the Kaixa Gear was becoming increasingly harmful to him. In the end, his neck was snapped by Yuji Kiba, who claimed the Kaixa Gear as his own towards the end of the series and dies after all of his Orphnoch DNA ran out causing himself to disintegrate into dust with Takumi and the others being unaware of his death until later when his picture of a young Mari was found. Despite disliking his incredibly cruel attitude, Takumi himself showed sorrow for Masato, understanding that he was in a sense, also a victim of misfortune.
Post Series and other events
Kamen Rider Decade
Kaixa was one of the many Kamen Riders who fought in Rider War against Decade appears at the beginning of Episode 1 of Kamen Rider Decade . In a dream or vision of Natsumi Hikari, along with other Riders who were going to attack Decade, using his Side Basshar to attack Decade, but it was in vain, so he was defeated along with other Riders, leaving Kuuga as the only survivor, and then conclude the dream with a clash of blows Decade and Kuuga definitively.
The World of Kuuga
Kamen Rider Kaixa with the other Riders appears when Natsumi remember her dream of the Rider War ,the dream ends shock of fists between Decade and Kuuga .
Second Movement ♬ Prince Kiva
In Decade, Kaixa is a wildcard Kamen Rider who attacks Decade after he is taken to another world by Kiva-la. He is under the impression that Decade is a hindrance to his own agenda and seeks to take the Decadriver from him.
The Biting King's Qualifications
As Tsukasa is fighting against Kaixa in another dimension, the Beetle Fangire defeats Wataru and becomes the new Fangire king, claiming Kivat,He eventually concedes when Decade is returned to the World of Kiva.
The Destroyer of Worlds
Kamen Rider Kaixa reappears briefly in later airings of the series finale, using his Side Basshar to attack Decade and Wataru's group. He is seemingly killed in the chaos afterwards alongside many other Riders. In Kamen Rider Decade: The Last Story, Decade is shown to hold a Side Basshar card, labeled as a Kaixa card. Kaixa was presumably restored with all the other Riders after the destruction (and subsequent revival) of Decade ended the Rider War and the worlds were restored, though how he was still alive in the first place considering his fate in 555 is unclear.
10th Anniversary Project: Masked Rider LIVE & SHOW
Kamen Rider Kaixa appears summoned alongside other secondary Kamen Rider Riders participating in the musically of Kamen Rider Diend with hats and dancing.
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
Kamen Rider Kaixa was part of a group of reinforcement riders led by Akira Date/Kamen Rider Birth to aid the primary riders in defeating the Rock Great Leader. All the Kamen Riders got on their bikes and performed the All Rider Break attack which destroyed the Great Leader.
Kamen Rider Taisen
- "Why... Why does someone as hollow as you with nothing to protect get to live? Why do I have to die?!"
- ―Masato curses Takumi before he dies.[src]
In Takumi's altered memories, at an unknown point of time, Masato as Kaixa fought the Horse Orphnoch, however he got himself killed while Faiz battled the Arch Orphnoch. Overpowered by the Horse Orphnoch and getting knocked out of his transformation, the Horse Orphnoch then threw a fireball at him to finish Masato off. Desperately reaching for the Kaixa Gear, he couldn't move anymore due to his burns and injuries. Faiz went to his side with Masato complaining on why Faiz survived while he had someone to protect. Crying out for life, he disintegrated.
Years later, while the Kamen Riders were fighting Badan, a spirit disguised as Masato appeared before Faiz and taunted Takumi into his feelings of guilt, having the Rider interfere with Wizard and X. However Keisuke and Haruto convinced him to move on as the spirit started to disappear.
Duel! The True Identity of Shocker's Great Leader
Kamen Rider Ghost: Special Event
Kamen Rider Zi-O
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER
Kamen Rider Kaixa appears as a toy, when Sento Kiryu and Sougo Tokiwa they find Ataru Hisanagahe brings them to his room which is filled with Kamen Rider memorabilia, with Sougo and Sento stunned to see toys of themselves. Ataru reveals that Kamen Riders are fictional.
Kamen Rider Zi-O NEXT TIME: Geiz, Majesty
Masato returns in Geiz, Majesty, his resurrection due to the existence of Another Faiz and later the Faiz Ridewatch erasing Kamen Rider 555's events from history having been kept over from the original timeline after Sougo Tokiwa reset the events of Kamen Rider Zi-O. Despite this, he retains his powers as Kaixa, as well as memories from both 555 and (implicitly) Zi-O at once.
Masato initially appears transformed as Kaixa to stop a Kasshine from attacking Keito and his friends. Though he attempts to destroy the Kasshine with an Exceed Charge, it abducts Sougo before he can open fire, with Daiki Kaito spiriting both himself and Masato away to a nearby rooftop through a dimensional wall. Once escaped, Masato deactivates the Kaixa Gear, noting that he feels like he and Keito have met before. Daiki then asks Masato if he became Kaixa unaware of the consequences; Masato refuses to answer, calling it a stupid question.
Appearances in other media
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders: ~Let's Look! Only Your 48 Riders~
Type12. - Quietly Listen! Secret of the 26 Secrets!
Kamen Rider Kaixa appears with Ryuki,Drake and OOO Sagohzo Combo,according by Sieg Kaixa is consider by Sieg a least compatible match.
Type26. - Peppers! Are You an Ondouragian?!
Kamen Rider Kaixaappears with Exceed Gills ,black and OOO SaGoZo combo according by Momotaros, Kaixa is consider a least compatible match .
Type30. - The Naked, Strong Lucky Food!
Kamen Rider Kaixa appears with Ouja, Kabuto and Armed Hibiki,according to Momotaros Kaixa is consider a perfect boyfriend in a romantic relationship.
Type44. - Quietly Listen! Underwear, Myself and Underwear
Kamen Rider Kaixa appears with G4,X and TheBee Masked Form,according by Sieg Kaixa is consider by Sieg a OOO best friend.
Kamen Rider 555 Stage Show at Super Hero New Hero Legend
In a stage show where Kamen Rider Faiz and his allies are seen fighting their usual foes, Hakaider & Kamen Rider Ouja show up and ends up defeating him, Ultraman, Ultraseven, Ultraman Tiga, Kikaider, Kikaider 01, Inazuman, Gavan, Sharivan, Shaider, Kamen Rider Ryuki, Kamen Rider Knight, Kamen Rider Zolda, & Kamen Rider Kaixa arrive to assist Kamen Rider Faiz.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider 555 video game
Kamen Rider Battride War series
Kamen Rider Battride War
Kaixa is introduced as one of NPC allies character.
Kamen Rider Battride War II
Kaixa is one of selectable summonned assist only Riders in Kamen Rider: Battride War II.
Kaixa made his playable debut in Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis.
On September 13, 2015, Kohei Murakami announced that he reprise his role as Kaixa in this video game onwards.
In this game, Kaixa's default playstyles is one of the well-round character to pick. However, when using his unique limited power up called Cursed Belt Mode, Kaixa sacrifices a small half of super meter in 20% (Starting Level) > 15 (Level 25) > 10% (Level 30 onwards) each level ups to utilize a powerful version of his special moves. He can also activate Cursed Belt Mode while during a normal attack string combo before performing a certain special move.
Due to Kaixa not having a final form, he is rides SB-913V Side Basshar Battle Mode as his final mode. Like Kamen Rider Birth Day in this final state, Side Basshar Battle Mode also cannot jump or guard unlike in TV series for some reason, as well as sacrifices amount of super meter when using Transportation Mode or Tag Partnered Double Rider Kick.
Kamen Rider Kaixa is a playabled character in Kamen Rider Battle Ganbarizing.
Kamen Rider Kaixa is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride
Kamen Rider Kaixa appears as a playable and support character in the video game Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride.
Kamen Rider Kaixa is a playable character alongside the other Kamen Riders.
Other Game appearances
Kamen Rider Kaixa appears with other Kamen Riders and Monters in Battle Spirits.
- "Those who don't learn to like me... are just getting in my way!"
- ―Masato reveals his dark side towards Takumi
Masato Kusaka is a highly troubled person. Having been forced to live in an orphanage where he was constantly bullied by others, alongside Smart Brain's cruel actions had caused Masato to develop a psychotic personality of sorts. Holding an intense hatred towards Orphnochs, Masato became convinced that they would eventually all become threats to humanity, thus making it his mission to be their executioner.
In general, Masato acts politely towards everyone, except for Takumi. This, however is a guise to his true nature as a self-serving, spiteful, vindictive, and skilled manipulator who has no qualms of driving a wedge between Takumi and those around him like Kiba so he can have Mari for himself. This is to the extent of putting Takumi in potentially life-threatening situations at times, apparently not caring for his safety (Something which he had been doing long before learning of Takumi's identity as the Wolf Orphnoch).
Masato will join any physical routine for testing his strength and often to lap his palms before and after exercising. The reason for this habit is due to being traumatized on the night when he and his fellow students were attacked by Smart Brain, where he had his hands covered with Mari's blood before being killed himself.
Despite his very cruel attitude towards Orphnochs though, Masato is shown capable of some care for others, if moderately in a twisted manner of sorts. Outright stating that he sees Mari as the mother he had always longed for since childhood, Masato is very protective of her, heavily hinting that he has an unresolved Oedipal complex.
Aside from Mari, Masato displays a level of kindness towards Keitaro and his fellow Ryusei students, due to the time he has spent with them. Furthermore, even after knowing of Hanagata's identity as the Goat Orphnoch, Masato clearly felt conflicted at killing the man that he sees as his father, as well as being saddened when he actually did die.
Tragically, Masato's complete inability to overcome his painful past becomes his fatal flaw, slowly causing him to slowly destroy his body from using the Kaixa Gear, before getting murdered by Kiba, whom he had antagonized on several occasions for being an Orphnoch.
Masato is an expert in his own self-taught fighting style which specializes in close-quarter combat. Although he originally planned on using whatever belt he could get his hands on, the Kaixa Gear was the easiest for him to use, as the Faiz Gear has the weakest base form and the Delta Gear is more suited for a long-ranged expert.
- Punching Power: 3 t.
- Kicking Power: 7 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 30 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 6.3 sec.
Once transformation is completed, the Kaixa Armor has several key features in its design to protect protection to the user. Like all gear, the Kaixa armor manifests when the Kaixa Driver generates Photon Blood, a glowing substance generates the soft Sol Foam suit, Sol Metal armor, and Fullmetal Lung chest armor via traveling through the two yellow Photon Streams lines that gives Kaixa "greater strength at the cost of speed". The steams end at the Photon Terminals at the gauntlets and Power Anklet greaves, the right Anklet having a Energy Holster that the Kaixa Pointer can be connected it. The helmet is unique due to its Global Feeler antenna to link up to Smart Brain's networks and the X Finder visor that gives Kaixa incredible vision to see in darkness, giving the illusion of a glowing eye, and a limited amount of x-ray vision.
Appearances: 555 Episodes 13-17, 21-35, 37-48, Decade Episodes 1-2, 4-5, 31 (Special Version),Masked Rider LIVE & SHOW, Let's Go Kamen Riders, Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai , Special Event, Heisei Generations FOREVER (as a toy), Geiz Majesty.
- Punching Power: 2.5 t.
- Kicking Power: 5 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 35 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5.8 sec.
Masato transformed into Faiz and attacked Yuji Kiba to trick him into thinking Takumi was attacking him, and subsequently to trick Takumi into thinking that Kiba had stolen the Faiz Gear.
Once transformation is completed, the Faiz Armor has several key features in its design to offer protection to the user. Like all Rider gears, the Faiz armor manifests when the Faiz Driver generates Photon Blood, a glowing substance generates the soft Sol Foam suit, Sol Metal armor, and Fullmetal Lung chest armor via traveling through the red Photon Streams that ends at the Photon Terminals at the gauntlets and Power Anklet greaves, the right Anklet having a Energy Holster that the Faiz Pointer can be connected to. The helmet is unique due to its Global Feeler antenna to link up to Smart Brain's networks and Ultimate Finder visor that gives Faiz incredible vision to see in darkness, giving the illusion of a glowing eye, and a limited amount of x-ray vision.
This form is exclusive to 555 Episode 30.
- Punching Power: 3.5 t.
- Kicking Power: 8 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 38 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5.7 sec.
Kamen Rider Delta's finishing attack is called the Lucifer's Hammer (ルシファーのハンマー Rushifā no hanmā) this finisher is execute when the Photon Stream is shot from the Delta Mover and when it connects, it stuns the adversary, in which the Rider executes either a bicycle kick or a front dropkick into the stream, causing the enemies's destruction.
The Delta Armor has several key features in its design. Unlike the Gear, the armor only exists after the wearer transforms.
- Full Metal Lung: The vest armor of the Rider provides the most protection, being able to withstand Anti-tank weaponry.
- Global Feeler: The antenna on the Rider’s head can be used to communicate with the Smart Brain Satellite and the Smart Brain computer network.
- Photon Blood: A glowing substance that provides all of the Rider’s powers and generates all of the physical features of the armor. The Photon Blood is generated from the Delta Driver.
- Photon Streams: The path that the Photon Blood travels through the Rider’s armor. In Delta, this path is blue when transforming, and white after transformed.
- Photon Terminals: Where the Photon Streams connect with the gauntlets and greaves.
- Sol Foam/Metal: Soft parts of the armor are made of Sol Foam, and the hard parts are made of Sol Metal. This substance is generated by the Delta Driver to form complex machinery that is powered by Photon Blood. If the Foam or Metal are damaged, the armor switches off and resets itself.
- Ultimate Finder: The large eyepieces of the Rider give them incredible vision. They can see in darkness with no problems and have an unlimited amount of X-ray vision.
- SB-913B Kaixa Driver - Kaixa's transformation device.
- SB-555B Faiz Driver - Faiz's transformation belt.
- SB-333B Delta Driver - Delta's transformation device.
- SB-913C Kaixa Shot - Digital camera-shaped knuckle-duster.
- SB-913B2 Kaixa Pointer - binocular-shaped pointer which enables to produce an energy drill deathblow.
- SB-913X Kaixa Blaygun - A special weapon that is both a pistol, a dagger and a lightsaber.
- SB-555C Faiz Shot - Digital camera-shaped knuckle-duster.
- Delta Blaster - The combined form of the Delta Phone and Delta Mover and Delta's main weapon.
- Delta Mission Memory - A small metallic card key which stores the information of the Delta Armor
- SB-913V Side Basshar - Kaixa's sidecar motorcycle that can transform in a robot-like Battle Mode.
Legend Rider Devices
- "Kamen Ride: Kaixa"
- ―Diendriver summoning announcement[src]
- Kamen Ride: Kaixa: A Rider Card containing the power of Kamen Rider Kaixa. Used by Diend to summon Kamen Rider Kaixa. This card is included with the DX Diendriver toy and is used by Diend in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride.
This Rider Ring which bears the likeness of Kamen Rider Kaixa is exclusive to Kamen Rider Wizard's Wizard Ring toyline. When used by a Wizardriver wearer, it would be able to summon Kamen Rider Kaixa.
- "(Digital beeping) Kaixa!"
- ―Activation announcement[src]
- "(Right-hand Ridewatch's announcement)! Armor Time! Standing By...Complete! Kaixa!"
- ―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's left-hand slot[src]
- "Finish Time! Exceed Time (Break/Burst)!"
- ―Finisher announcement in left-hand slot[src]
Behind the scenes
Masato Kusaka is portrayed by Kohei Murakami (村上 幸平 Murakami Kōhei). As a child, he is portrayed by Yusuke Ito (伊藤 祐介 Itō Yūsuke). He later portrayed Bud in Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger. As Kamen Rider Kaixa, his suit actor was Makoto Ito (伊藤 慎 Itō Makoto).
In the Korean dub of Kamen Rider 555 entitled Masked Rider Faiz (가면라이더 파이즈 Gamyeon Raideo Paijeu), which aired in South Korea, Masato Kusaka is renamed Sabino Kusaka (구사카 사비노 Gusaka Sabino). Ironically, his Korean dub name Sabino happens to be shared with a group of horses, not to mention, he gets killed by Yuji Kiba, the Horse Orphnoch.
- A meme holiday many Kamen Rider fans on the internet partake in is called "Kaixa Day", which takes place on September 13 (A play on the Kaixa Phone's transformation keycode [9-1-3]). The fans partake in a celebration of what an "irredeemable jerk" Masato is and do various posts on forums that make fun of or celebrate the character. 
- To commemorate the said day, on September 13, 2015, Masato's actor Kohei Murakami appeared as a guest in a Kamen Rider outdoor stageshow to show off his transformation pose dedicated to his fans.
- Furthermore, the Complete Selection Modification Kaixa Gear started its pre-orders on September 13, 2017.
- Kamen Rider 913 is a manga adaptation focusing on the character Masato Kusaka was announced on September 13, 2019.
- Masato is the only character in the series to use all 3 Rider Gears at least once and is the only Kamen Rider to have access to three different powers.
- Masato and Yuji are the first ones to discover the true identity of the Orphnoch King from Hanagata.
- Masato is the first Secondary Rider who is deceased, followed by Kaito Kumon. Both even tried to kill the Primary Rider on multiple occasions. But unlike Kaito, he is the only Secondary Rider who never befriended the Primary Rider, as in the end Kaito understood Kouta's strength.
- In episode 13 of the original series, during their early encounters, Takumi sarcastically warned Masato not to get beaten by a horse and die. This statement ironically becomes justified in episode 48, where Masato was killed by Yuji, the Horse Orphnoch, as Kaixa.
- The species of Hornet Masato's Rider form is based off of is the Vespa luctuosa, a wasp with a very potent and deadly venom.
- Out of all Original Riders that returned in Decade, he's one of the so many already deceased Riders in TV series to make a return in Decade, along with Shun Kageyama (Kamen Rider PunchHopper), Masato Mishima (Kamen Rider TheBee) and Tsurugi Kamishiro (Kamen Rider Sasword).
- TV Asahi. (2003). Kamen Rider Kaixa.
- Kamen Rider Official Data/Perfect File.
- Tokuma Shoten. (2003). Masked Rider Faiz 1. p. 7, 10, 15, 17. ISBN 978-4197605378.
- Shogakukan. (2003). Masked Rider 555: Complete Works. First Volume. p. 16, 31. ISBN 978-4091014917.
- Shogakukan. (2004). Masked Rider 555: Complete Works. Second Volume. p. 17, 23. ISBN 978-4091014955.
- TV Asahi. (2003). Kamen Rider Faiz.
- Kodansha. (2003). Masked Rider 555: Illustrated Super Encyclopedia. p. 4. ISBN 978-4063044935.
- TV Asahi. (2003). Kamen Rider Delta.
- Masato Kusaka on Kamen Rider Official
- Kamen Rider Kaixa on Kamen Rider Official
- Kamen Rider Delta on Kamen Rider Official
- Kamen Rider Faiz on Kamen Rider Official