|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Kiva.|
Kamen Rider Kiva
Finale: The Inheritors of Kiva
He is the son of Wataru Kurenai, resembling his grandfather Otoya. Coming from 2031, 22 years in the future, he comes back in time to ask his father's help to fight the Neo-Fangire (ネオファンガイア Neo Fangaia) menace that are making their way into the present.
A seemingly free-spirited character with a cheerful personality, Masao acts rather like a carefree teenager compared to his (initially) rather quiet and shy father. His personality somewhat resembles his grandfather Otoya.
- Wataru Kurenai/Kamen Rider Kiva - Father
- Taiga Nobori/Kamen Rider Saga/Dark Kiva - Half-Uncle
- Otoya Kurenai/Kamen Rider Proto-Ixa/Dark Kiva - Grandfather
- Maya/Pearlshell Fangire - Grandmother
Video Game appearances
Masao Kurenai as Kamen Rider Kiva is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing
Masao makes his video game debut in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing as part of the expansion set Best Match 4, in celebration of the 10th anniversary of Kamen Rider Kiva. Kouhei Takeda reprises his role in this game.
Through the orange colored Kivat-Bat the 4th and the Kiva Belt, Masao assumes a Kiva Form identical to his father's. It is plausible that he can use the powers of the Wolfen, Merman and Franken like his father as he seems to have the Fuestles for them. In theory, if Masao had a way to assume an Emperor Form, the color of the suit would mainly be orange to match Kivat-Bat the 4th.
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Rider height: 200 cm
- Rider weight: 98 kg
- Ability parameters
Kiva Form (キバフォーム Kiba Fōmu) is Kiva's base form, accessed through a bite from Kivat, whose status determines Kiva's ability in a battle. In this form, Kiva can use any of the Fuestles, allowing him to access different forms, weapons and abilities.
Kamen Rider Kiva is composed of the following parts:
- Kiva Persona (キバ・ペルソナ Kiba Perusona) - The head.
- Demon Emperor Stone (Blue Stone) (魔皇石 (碧石) Ma Ō Seki (Ao Seki)) - The blue-green jewel on the forehead. It amplifies Kiva's Demon Emperor Power (魔皇力 Maou Ri~yoku) by several to tens of times. In this world, a blue Demon Emperor Stone is much more valuable than a crimson/red Demon Emperor Stone (such as those found in Kiva's Arms Weapons). It can accumulate and amplify demonic energy, and serves as a restraint to prevent the demon energy from exploding.
- Guardian Crown (ガーディアンクラウン Gādian Kuraun) - The red 'bat head'/guard plate section on the forehead that houses the Demon Emperor Stone. It serves to protect the Demon Emperor Stone. It's red coloration is due to the Demon Emperor Stone's influence.
- Crown Sonar (クラウンソナー Kuraun Sonā) - The red sections on top of the Omni Lens. It's coloring is due to the influence of the Demon Emperor Stone. This crimson crown can emit ultrasonic waves to utilise echolocation to grasp surroundings if Kiva's view is obstructed. In can collect information such as enemy position up to 5000 meters away.
- Coolant Silver (クーラントシルヴァ Kūranto Shiruvu~a) - Silver sections embedded behind the Crown Sonar. They are cooling boards that prevents the user's brain from being destroyed due to the vast amounts of demonic power amplified by the Demon Emperor Stone. It is made of Trysilvania Silver (トライシルバニア銀 Toraishirubania Gin), which has the power of silver (銀の力 gin no chikara) to suppress demonic power from exploding. It has five heat-dissipating ducts on each side of the head to cool down heat energy swirling within the hemet.
- Omni Lens (オムニレンズ Omuni Renzu) - The eyes. They are visual amplification devices that can obtain visual information at a distance of 500 meters forward and at a 220° angle. It also has an X-ray function that allows Kiva to see through 10 meter-thick steel plating. A nanoscope function is also incorporated, allowing Kiva to detect extremely small objects such as bacteria.
- Wild Nose (ワイルドノーズ Wairudo Nōzu) - An olfactory amplification device located between the eyes. It gives Kiva detection abilities equivalent to a dog's, allowing Kiva to obtain a sense of smell one million more times than a human. The Wild Nose can track a Fangire's location by sniffing out their odor and footprints.
- Omni Phone (オムニフォン Omuni Fon) - Hearing amplifiers. It's sensitivity can be raised according to the wearer's will, and if sensitivity is raised to the maximum, Kiva can discern the sound of a needle falling up to 3km away.
- Gau Crusher (ガウ・クラッシャー Gau Kurasshā) - The silver mouth plate. It is actually a set of metal tusks crafted out of sharpened Lucifer Metal (ルシファーメタル Rushifā Metaru). It has a jaw force of 1.2t and can chew through a metal ball that is about 8cm in diameter. An air purifier is installed inside to decompose and purify toxins. It also takes in and purifies all substances necessary for breathing from the surrounding air; this function even works within a vacuum state.
- Darkness Choker (ダークネス・チョーカー Dākunesu Chōkā) - The black choker device on the base of the neck area. Among monsters, a necklace that imitates a demon's face is a favorite decoration of those with power. Among lower monsters, it is said that they just look at this decoration. In other words, the Darkness Choker serves no real functional purpose and is just decoration.
- Bloody Lung (ブラッディラング Buraddi Rangu) - The red chest segment. It is where Kiva's power is stored. it's red coloring is due to the fact that this is where the most demonic power is accumulated. It sends power to the whole body via it's black blood vessels that have been branched in layers.
- King Singlet (キングシングレット Kingu Shinguretto) - The chest armor. It is a strong auxiliary armor that protects Kiva's body, and at the same time functions as a restraint to suppress potential explosion of demonic power. It is made out of Lucifer Metal and has been coated in Trysilvania Silver to further suppress demonic power.
- Ptera Plate (Shoulders) (プテラ・プレート (肩) Putera Purēto (Kata)) - The shoulder armor. They are restraints that suppresses Kiva's power amplification. Kiva's power, which has been activated by Kivat and amplified by the Demon Emperor Stone, is immeasurable and could potentially cause Kiva to self-destruct. Hence the need for restraints.
- Catena (カテナ Katena) - Chains wrapped around the shoulders and the right leg. It is crafted out of Lucifer Metal and is coated with Trysilvania Silver. Furthermore, a seal has been engraved on it's surface to prevent explosion from demonic power overload. (Note: 'Catena' is Italian for 'chain'.)
- Doran Mail (ドランメイル Doran Meiru) - Kiva's bodysuit. It is a tough inner suit made from the leather of the Black Dragon Gaora Doran (ガオーラ・ドラン Gaōra Doran), and has been processed by using the same dragon's fangs. It protects the wearer from extreme weather conditions, weather it be burning hot or freezing cold. It is extremely difficult to pierce with currently existing bullets and knives.
- King's Breath (キングブレス Kingu Buresu) - Demonic power amplification bracelets located on the wrists. Red Demon Emperor Stones are embedded. The power of the stones amplify Kiva's power several times giving Kiva superhuman strength. It has been coated with Trysilvania Silver for easier control.
- Blood Vessel (ブラッドベッセル Buraddo Besseru) - An energy flow path used to distribute Kiva's power across the whole body. By using Kivat's body as the 'core', it has the function of efficiently circulating the power of the demon throughout the whole body.
- Sylvania Knee Guards (シルバニア・ニーガード Shirubania nī Gādo) - The kneecaps. Not only do they protect Kiva's knees, but they also serve as a resistor to control the demonic power flowing into the feet.
- Hell's Gate (ヘルズゲート Heruzu Gēto) - The metal right leg restrainer. It is forged out of Trysilvania (トライシルバニア Toraishirubania). This restraint, dubbed the Gates of Hell (地獄の門 Jigoku no Mon), opens up when Kiva utilizes the Wake Up Fuestle, allowing the Catena chains to open up, fully opening Hell's Gate. When opened, it resembles bat wings, and serve to ensure that kicks from a high altitude land on targets. It's tip is made of Lucifer Metal, and is as sharp as diamond. It's insides have been dyed crimson due to the influence of the Demon Emperor Stones. It also plays the role of power release plates, diffusing and emitting any power that rebounds during impact.
- Demon's Mount (デモンズ・マウント Demonzu Maunto) - The red parts encasing the right leg. They are fixtures that hold the demon stones in place while keeping the right leg from exploding. Originally, it had a silver coloration due to it being crafted out of Trysilvania, but has been dyed red due to the influence and power of the stones. it has been designed to invoke the face of the legendary Demon King's face, which has been handed down between monsters.
- Goldie Vessel (ゴルディ・ベッセル Gorudi Besseru) - A golden Blood Vessel that flows demonic power through the Demon Emperor Stones of the air, sea and land via bottleneck effect.
- Demon Emperor Stone of the Air (Blue Stone) (宙の魔皇石(碧石) Sora no Ma Ō Seki (Ao Seki)) - The top stone located on the upper right leg. It amplifies demonic power with the power of the cosmic spirit (宇宙の精霊 uchū no seirei). After passing through the Blood Vessel, the first area where demonic power is accumulated, demonic power is sent through the Demon Emperor Stones. From there onwards, power is amplified twice as usual, allowing Kiva to utilise great power.
- Demon Emperor Stone of the Water (Blue Stone) (水の魔皇石(碧石) Mizu no Ma Ō Seki (Ao Seki)) - The middle stone located on the lower right leg. It recieves demonic power from the Demon Emperor Stone of the Air and further amplifies it. It is said that the water spirit (水の精霊 mizu no seirei) resides in here, and with it's power the demonic energy is twice amplified. At this point, demonic energy has been amplified four times.
- Demon Emperor Stone of the Land (Blue Stone) (地の魔皇石(碧石) Chi no Ma Ō Seki (Ao Seki)) - The lowest stone located on the right foot. With the help of the land spirit (地の精霊 ji no seirei), amplified energy is amplified to the maximum. The reason for dividing the amplification process into three stages is a precaution against the possible destruction of Kiva during the process. At this point, demonic energy has been amplified by a factor of eight, giving Kiva enough energy to execute the Darkness Moon Break.
- Devil's Mouth (魔斬口 Mazankō) - The right foot. A red Demon Emperor Stone is fitted on the sole, where demonic energy flows out of during the Darkness Moon Break. By releasing energy amplified by all three Demon Emperor Stones at once, tremendous destructive power is unleashed.
- Balancer Anklets (バランサー・アンクレット Baransā Ankuretto) - The ankle armor. The right leg's Balancer Anklet ia hidden within Hell's Gate. The power contained within is far greater than ordinary people. While keeping the power balance with the right leg evenly, it can deliver an explosive destructive power of about 8 tons even with a regular kick in a restrained state.
Kamen Rider Kiva has the following finishers:
- Darkness Moon Break (ダークネスムーンブレイク Dākunesu Mūn Bureiku) - By having Kivat blow the Wake Up Fuestle, the Catena chains binding the Hell's Gate (ヘルズゲート Heruzu Gēto) on Kiva's right leg break open. Kiva then performs a powerful kick with an impact of 30,000 kg, enough to leave a crater in the shape of a bat's wings (Kiva's insignia) on any surface upon contact; the glass body of a Fangire shatters almost instantly. Kiva can also perform a stronger variation of the Darkness Moon Break when engulfed in Castle Doran's fire. When the Darkness Moon Break is performed, day turns into night and a crescent moon appears in the sky.
- Bloody Punch (ブラッディーパンチ Buraddī Panchi) - Exclusive to Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride, Kiva jumps into the air and strike the opponent with a strengthened punch.
- Kivat-Bat the 4th - Masao's Kivat partner.
- New Kivat Belt - Transformation device that forms when Kivat bites Masao.
- Fuestles - Whistle-like devices that activate a function, depending on the Fuestle.
Behind the Scenes
- As Masao only appears in the finale, his version of Kiva essentially reuses the original Kiva's suit, with the Kivat Belt being digitally recolored in post-production.
- Since Masao is the son of Wataru and the nephew of Taiga, that would technically make him the prince of Fangires.
- Masao shares some similarities with Kotaro Nogami.
- They are the new version of the main Rider.
- They are descendants of the main Rider.
- Masao Kurenai in Kamen Rider Official Website.