|This article is about a/an monster turned ally in Kamen Rider Zero-One.|
After the Ekal Magia was destroyed, a new in-training model resembling Mamoru took his place, even donning the bandage Aruto placed on Mamoru's arm.
When Aruto and Izu arrive in Hiden Intelligence HQ, they were halted by a security HumaGear. Upon discovering that Aruto is the new CEO, the security HumaGear backed off. When the Kuehne Magia enters the building and is wrecking havoc inside, the security HumaGear attempted to protect the civilians inside.
After Aruto fought the Kuehne Magia and returned back to the HQ, he searched for the security HumaGear who protected the civilians before, learning that his name was Mamoru. Aruto tells him to search for maintenance, as his body is wrecked by the Kuehne Magia. However, unbeknownst to them, Jin watches them and then corrupts Mamoru.
When Jin infiltrates Hiden Intelligence, he arrives with Mamoru and introduces himself as a member of MetsubouJinrai.net. He commands Mamoru to kill Aruto, making him transform into the Ekal Magia. Izu explains that a corrupted HumaGear cannot be restored to normal, so Aruto is forced to destroy Mamoru.
Aruto transforms into Zero-One and he begins to fight the Ekal Magia. Zero-One overwhelms the Magia, until the latter decides to escape by using a hacked motorcycle, and Zero-One goes after the Magia outside with his new bike. He successfully throws the Ekal Magia from the bike, and they continue the fight in an empty dock. Zero-One reluctantly defeats the Ekal Magia using the Rising Kaban Strash.
The next day, a new model resembling Mamoru is installed in Hiden Intelligence and appears in the press conference held by the company revealing MetsubouJinrai.net's existance.
Later, he was seen remembering Aruto who saved him from his old Magia self, as he scans his HumaGear Body Seal barcode with his own Progrisekey, helping Izu transfer his data to the Progrise Hopper Blade
When Aruto and Izu were handing out fliers to support HumaGears being accepted into society, a couple of passerbys pushed them both aside. One of them had Mamoru's bandanna, implying that the security HumaGear was lynched by them, much to Izu's shock.
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Height: 194.5 cm
- Weight: 99.2 kg
Mamoru transforms into the Ekal Magia (エカルマギア Ekaru Magia) by using the Ekal Magia Zetsumerisekey in the Zetsumeriser.
- Carnivoba (カーニボーバ Kānibōba): The Ekal Magia wields two large incisors on its mouth and can extend them to attack its opponent during combat.
- Electronic Manipulation: Using a similar means to its transformation, the Ekal Magia can connect to and turn on technology.
Behind the Scenes
The Ekal Magia's name is derived from Ekaltadeta, an extinct genus of marsupial mammals that lived from the Late Oligocene epoch to the Miocene epoch.
- Mamoru's name is derived form the word "mamoru" (守る "protect"), referencing that he is a Security-Type HumaGear.
- The new HumaGear resembling Mamoru after his death sports the Shoshinsha Mark on his ear-pieces, a drivers' symbol in Japan that indicates beginners status for new drivers.
- The Ekal Magia only appeared in one episode (so far), making it the only Magia that appeared less than twice, whereas other Magia reappeared either having a new Zetsumeriser, or as an Ark Magia, making the Ekal Magia unique among other Magia in the series.
- Kamen Rider Zero-One