|This article is about a rider in Kamen Rider Hibiki.|
Kyosuke Kiriya (桐矢 京介, Kiriya Kyōsuke) is Hibiki's newest student, who is training to become an Oni alongside Asumu. In the finale, Kyosuke briefly transformed into what was called Transformed Kyosuke (京介変身体, Kyōsuke Henshintai) by the Hibiki production crew and official material.
In the stage shows, Kyosuke proclaimed himself to be Kamen Rider Kyoki (仮面ライダー強鬼［キョウキ］, Kamen Raidā Kyōki, lit. "Masked Rider Strong Demon"), although not approved by Hibiki.
Kamen Rider Hibiki
Kyosuke Kiriya is a young man attending the same school as Asumu Adachi and Akira Amami. He appears in the second half of the series wanting to be an Oni. Kyousuke is very strict and competitive, often correcting others of small mistakes (e.g. Asumu's notes) and getting himself and others in competitions that they don't want to do.
His reason for wanting to become an Oni was because of his estranged father. Only seeing what his father did in life, Kyousuke saw becoming an Oni as his chance to be greater than his father. Kyousuke pursued Hibiki, aiming to become his disciple. Hibiki saw Kyousuke's reason as selfish and refused to let him become his student but Kyousuke was adamant. Later, he formed a partnership with Asumu and pledged Hibiki to become his students.
After Akira persuaded Hibiki to let Asumu and Kyousuke become his students, he took them under his wing. However, Kyosuke struggled in nearly every training session, unlike Asumu, which shows that Kyousuke isn't very athletic. During the Orochi Sealing, Kyousuke aided Hibiki when the latter dropped his drumsticks. A year later, he is still apprenticed to Hibiki but is already allowed to transform. He fought the Makamou who kidnapped Hitomi Mochida in that form but was almost defeated until Ibuki and Todoroki came.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Riderbout
Transformed Kyosuke appears as a playable character with the other Heisei and Showa kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Riderbout.
Kyosuke Kiriya is an ambitious man who prefers to solve everything his own way, even if it involves cheating. Though he appears genuinly skilled in many different aspects, he will often talk up his own ability while faking reasons to avoid proving it, shown when he repeatedly faked injuries to avoid physical education classes in school. He is also very cold towards anybody he deems inferior to himself, and is not above mocking them. When injured or lost, Kyosuke's bravado will quickly break down, causing him to literally cry out for his Mother's help. Despite his bad personality, he is still a kind-hearted person, ready to save anyone who needs help despite knowing he's not strong enough to do so, a trait born out of his desire to prove himself better than his firefighter father. If he feels that a person is not being serious about their chosen path (ie. Akira splitting time between training as an Oni and school), Kiriya will not hesitate to call them out on what he thinks is a lack of focus.
Being trained just like how Hibiki trained himself, Kyosuke used the similar fighting style as him although he lacked agility and easily to get caught on hit. So far, he is only seen to master the taiko style.
- Rider Height: 5 shaku 9 sun (approx. 178.8 cm., one say 180 cm.)
- Rider Weight: 27 kan (approx. 101.3 kg., one say 101.2 kg.)
The Oni form of Kyosuke, referred by himself as Kamen Rider Kyoki (仮面ライダー強鬼, Kamen Raidā Kyōki) . To become this form, Kyosuke simply needs to tap his tuning fork against a solid surface, the vibrations from the fork causing his body to be engulfed in a fiery cyan aura. Kyosuke also gains a second "oni face" which is a crest that forms on his forehead. Unlike most Kamen Riders, Kyosuke does not wear a suit; rather his demon form is his true form. Kyosuke first assumed this form in the final episode of Kamen Rider Hibiki, although his inexperience with the form lead to a quick defeat. He would continue to use this form in the following years, eventually becoming a teacher to other potential Oni.
Appearances: Hibiki Episode 48
- Henshin Onsa Onkaku: A fork-like transformation device.
- Ongekiko Kaentsuzumi: A device that attaches on his belt for uses of finisher attacks.
- Ongekiko Bakuretsu Kaentsuzumi: An upgrade version of the buckle.
- Practice Ongekibou - Personal weapon
- Kibōjutsu: Rekkadan (鬼棒術・烈火弾 lit. "Demon Club Technique: Raging Fire Bullet"): Kyosuke charges his drumsticks with power, igniting the tops with flames creating a torch-like weapon, which then shoots fireballs from each one at a target.
- Ongeki Da: Kaen Renda no Kata (音撃打・火炎連打の型 lit. "Sound Attack Stroke: the Flame Barrage Style") While his Kaentsuzumi is attached to a large Makamou, Hibiki beats it 30 times rapidly with his Rekka. The Sound of Purification resonates through its body, causing it to explode.
- Ongeki Da Kyoki Ranbu no Kata (音撃打 狂喜乱舞の型)
Behind the scenes
Kyosuke Kiriya is portrayed by Yuichi Nakamura, who would later go on to portray Yuto Sakurai in Kamen Rider Den-O. Nakamura would later return to portray both roles in Kamen Rider Zi-O, which Sougo would mistaken Yuto for Kyosuke.
- According to the production team, both Asumu and Kyosuke were supposed to become Oni together in the finale, but it was ultimately decided that Asumu would not become one and Asumu's Oni suit was scrapped into parts to "enhance" Kyosuke's Oni suit.
- Unlike other Oni in the series, Kyosuke retains the use of his original name after obtaining his Oni form, rather than adopting a new name to symbolize the abandoning of his old life.