|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Ryuki.|
In the original TV series, his name was mentioned in the first 2 episodes of Ryuki.
Koichi is a man who lived in an apartment where Shinji found a Card Deck that led him to become Kamen Rider Ryuki. He disappeared prior to the start of the series, possibly eaten by Dragreder.
In the 13 Riders TV special, Sakakibara is the original Ryuki. He saved Shinji but as he could no longer go on due to the severity of his injuries, he passed his deck on to Shinji as he dissolved inside the Mirror World.
After Koichi faded, Shinji became Kamen Rider Ryuki and tried to prevent the other Riders from fighting as his way of thanking Sakakibara.
Kamen Rider Ryuki
- Punching Power: 10 t.[note 1]
- Kicking Power: 20 t.[note 2]
- Resistance: 100 t. with Dragshield[note 3][note 4]
- Maximum Jump Height: 35 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5 sec.
- Dragsaber: 100 t.[note 5]
- Dragclaw: 100 t.[note 5]
- Ryumuzan: 100 t.[note 5]
- Dragon Break: 150 t.[note 6]
- Dragon Bakuen Tsuki: 300 t.[note 6]
- Dragon Rider Kick: 300 t.[note 7]
- Double Rider Kick: 350 t. with Agito[note 8]
- Advent: Dragreder: 250 t.[note 9]
Koichi can transform into Kamen Rider Ryuki using his Advent Deck and V Buckle upon forming a contract with Dragreder. He is equipped with the Dragvisor on his left arm. In comparison to the other Riders, his parameters are balanced.
Through the use of his Sword Vent Advent Card, Ryuki can arm himself with the Dragsaber (ドラグセイバー Doragu Seibā), a sword derived from Dragreder's tail. His Strike Vent arms him with the Dragclaw (ドラグクロー Doragu Kurō), a gauntlet capable of shooting fireballs that is derived from Dragreder's head. With the Dragclaw, Ryuki can perform the Dragclaw Fire (ドラグクローファイヤー Doragu Kurō Faiyā) attack with Dragreder, in which he and Dragreder each launch a fireball at the opponent. His Guard Vent equips him with the Dragshield (ドラグシールド Doragu Shīrudo), two shields derived from segments of Dragreder's body that can be held by hand or mounted on Ryuki's shoulders.
By using his Final Vent, Ryuki can execute his finisher, the Dragon Rider Kick (ドラゴンライダーキック Doragon Raidā Kikku), in which he jumps into the air with Dragreder flying behind him. Dragreder then breathes fire at Ryuki, propelling him into a flying kick that strikes the enemy.
This form is exclusive to Kamen Rider Ryuki Special: 13 Riders.
Behind the scenes
Koichi Sakakibara is portrayed by Keiichi Wada (和田 圭市 Wada Keiichi), who previously portrayed Ryo of the Heavenly Fire Star (RyuuRanger) from Gosei Sentai Dairanger, a Red Sentai Warrior that shares the same theme with Ryuki: both controlled Asian dragons who can breathe fire.
- Along with Yūta Mochizuki who had played Kouji Segawa (Kamen Rider J) and previously Yamato Tribe Prince Geki (TyrannoRanger), Koichi Sakakibara can be counted as the second time a main Kamen Rider was played by the actor who also portrayed a Red Ranger in a Super Sentai series prior to his casting as a Rider.
- Interestingly, his actor also potrayed a ranger with Chinese Dragon motif, Ryuuranger from Gosei Sentai Dairanger.
- He has the same name with the protagonist of the anime Another, Kouichi Sakakibara.
- ↑ 200 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- ↑ 400 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- ↑ 2000 GP, conversion: 1 GP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- ↑ 150 t. with Tornade Defense, 3000 GP, conversion: 1 GP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 2000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 3000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- ↑ 6000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- ↑ 7000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- ↑ 5000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- Adam - counterpart in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. See comparison page.
- Kit Taylor - counterpart in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. See comparison page.