|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Ryuki.|
In the original TV series, his name was mentioned in the first 2 episodes of Ryuki.
Koichi is a man who lived in an apartment where Shinji found a Card Deck that led him to become Kamen Rider Ryuki. He disappeared prior to the start of the series, possibly eaten by Dragreder.
In the 13 Riders TV special, Sakakibara is the original Ryuki. He saved Shinji but as he could no longer go on due to the severity of his injuries, he passed his deck on to Shinji as he dissolved inside the Mirror World.
After Koichi faded, Shinji became Kamen Rider Ryuki and tried to prevent the other Riders from fighting as his way of thanking Sakakibara.
Kamen Rider Ryuki
- Punching Power: 10 t.[note 1]
- Kicking Power: 20 t.[note 2]
- Resistance: 100 t. with Dragshield[note 3][note 4]
- Maximum Jump Height: 35 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5 sec.
- Dragsaber: 100 t.[note 5]
- Dragclaw: 100 t.[note 5]
- Ryumuzan: 100 t.[note 5]
- Dragon Break: 150 t.[note 6]
- Dragon Bakuen Tsuki: 300 t.[note 6]
- Dragon Rider Kick: 300 t.[note 7]
- Double Rider Kick: 350 t. with Agito[note 8]
- Advent: Dragreder: 250 t.[note 9]
Koichi can transform into Kamen Rider Ryuki using his Card Deck and V Buckle upon forming a contract with Dragreder. He is equipped with the Dragvisor on his left arm. In comparison to the other Riders, his parameters are balanced. This form consists of the following parts:
- DragCrown (ドラグクラウン Doragukuraun): The dragon emblem on the head as a proof of contracting with Dragreder, which emerged in order to maximize his power.
- R Signal (Rシグナル Aru Shigunaru): A lamp-shaped radar sensor on the head (combined with DragCrown). Reliably detect the position and existence of the enemy.
- Solid Face Shield (ソリッドフェイスシールド Soriddo Feisu Shīrudo): A face protector made of special material Armetal (アーメタル Āmetaru). It has a hardness that can withstand any impact, absorbs the impact almost completely, and protects the wearer inside. It also plays the role of a purification device that neutralizes dangerous substances in the air such as poisonous gas. Ryuki’s has a dragon mustache-like decoration at the top connected to DragCrown. In the S.I.C. toyline, this part is removable, revealing Red Eye more clearly.
- Red Eye (レッドアイ Reddo Ai): A red compound eyes behind the Solid Face Shield with visual acuity that will not miss any objects 15 km away. In the dark, it demonstrates infrared night vision and can fight in the same way as in bright places.
- Granmail (グランメイル Guranmeiru): A special strengthened skin that keeps many monsters away. It maximizes human ability in the Mirror World and allows the wearer to fight as a Kamen Rider, but there is a limit of 9 minutes 55 seconds, and if the wearer exceed the limit, the transformation will be forcibly released. The wearer should exit Mirror World immediately when the time limit has reached. Ryuki’s Granmail is red.
- Force Bone (フォース・ボーン Fōsu Bōn): A three-line control organ that is located in the center of the body, on both arms, and the back of legs, and has the role of distributing the power throughout the body in a well-balanced manner. By the action of this organ, the surplus energy is released to the outside, and only the appropriate energy is preserved.
- Dragon Chest (ドラゴンチェスト Doragon Chesuto): A chest armor. Has a functions as a shield that repels most attacks and shocks due to the triple structure. It is the strongest part of the Ryuki's body and can withstand drops from ultra-high altitudes and water pressure of 10,000 m in the deep sea.
- Zippetto Thread (ジペット・スレッド Jipetto Sureddo): A remote control device points that transmits the Rider's will directly from the brain to the Contract Monster. It is equipped in a total of 10 places on the arms (the left side behind Dragvisor), shoulder armors, back, waist (V-Buckle), and knees.
- Black Armor (ブラックアーマー Burakku Āmā): A protective equipment made of Armetal mounted on the Granmail (arm and leg). Made of a strong material comparable to diamond, it is extremely sturdy.
- DragKnuckle (ドラグナックル Doragunakkuru): A panel made of Armetal that covers the back of the hand. When this material hits the enemy, the power of the punch that Ryuki delivers is maximized.
- RegBlack (レッグブラック Regguburakku): The black part of the shoes. It has both instantaneous destructive power and strength to withstand the impact of destruction. Therefore, even if the deadly Dragon Rider Kick is executed, Ryuki is remain unharmed. The sole has a decoration of Ryuki’s crest.
This form is exclusive to Kamen Rider Ryuki Special: 13 Riders.
Behind the scenes
Koichi Sakakibara is portrayed by Keiichi Wada (和田 圭市 Wada Keiichi), who previously portrayed Ryo of the Heavenly Fire Star (RyuuRanger) from Gosei Sentai Dairanger, a Red Sentai Warrior that shares the same theme with Ryuki: both controlled Asian dragons who can breathe fire.
- Along with Yūta Mochizuki who had played Kouji Segawa (Kamen Rider J) and previously Yamato Tribe Prince Geki (TyrannoRanger), Koichi Sakakibara can be counted as the second time a main Kamen Rider was played by the actor who also portrayed a Red Ranger in a Super Sentai series prior to his casting as a Rider.
- Interestingly, his actor also potrayed a ranger with Chinese Dragon motif, Ryuuranger from Gosei Sentai Dairanger.
- He has the same name with the protagonist of the anime Another, Kouichi Sakakibara.
- 200 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 400 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 2000 GP, conversion: 1 GP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 150 t. with Tornade Defense, 3000 GP, conversion: 1 GP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 2000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 3000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "3o" defined multiple times with different content
- 6000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 7000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- 5000 AP, conversion: 1 AP (Ryuki) = 20 t.
- Adam - counterpart in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. See comparison page.
- Kit Taylor - counterpart in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. See comparison page.