|This article is about a/an episode in Kamen Rider Zi-O.|
Kingdom 2068 (キングダム２０６８ Kingudamu Nisen-rokujūhachi) is the first episode of Kamen Rider Zi-O and the first part of the Kamen Rider Build tribute arc. Being so, it features the return of Sento Kiryu and Ryuga Banjo as portrayed by Atsuhiro Inukai and Eiji Akaso respectively. Geiz's GhostArmor makes a brief appearance at the end of this episode.
Sougo Tokiwa seems like an ordinary high school student, but one thing he has different is that he has dreams of becoming a king! One day, a mysterious young man appeared before him with a prophecy. "Congratulations! Today is a special day for you..." As Sougo is told these words, a giant red robot suddenly appears before him! This robot was a time machine, and Sougo was thrust across various timelines! In the year 2000, the battle of the Heisei Rider's fate, and Sougo's fate in his own birth year, is about to begin...!
Continuity and Placement
- The present, 2018: After the events of Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: Build & Ex-Aid with Legend Riders and also after the fusion of worlds in the finale of Kamen Rider Build.
- The past, 2017: Judging from the date November 30th and the blue jacket of Ryuga, the past take place between episodes 12 and 15 of Kamen Rider Build.
- The Sky Wall makes a brief cameo when Sougo arrives in 2017, although Build takes place in a different universe and the season uses a different year numbering system. As revealed later in the series, the events of Build being in this series is a result of undisclosed space-time anomalies.
In the year 2068, humanity is under the ruthless iron fist of Ohma Zi-O. One day, a massive battle waged by the resistance breaks out, however Ohma Zi-O slaughters them effortlessly with his seemingly omnipotent powers. Fed up with this hopeless situation, a fighter, Geiz Myoukouin, goes back to the past in the hope of killing the man behind Ohma Zi-O's identity.
In the year 2018, we meet Sougo Tokiwa, a third year high-school student that wants to become a king. With such a childish dream, he is often teased by his friends at school. One day, he found a strange object and wisely decided to leave it. Back at home, Junichiro Tokiwa asks again about Sougo's seemingly unreachable dream of becoming a king in this age, abandoning even his future educations.
Later, when Sougo is on the road, he meets a mysterious person that read from a book about his future. Before Sougo knows what this is about, he is attacked by a strange red robot, but later saved by another robot, this time black in color. Inside he met Tsukuyomi, a girl from the future. Tsukuyomi reveals that 50 years later, Sougo becomes a ruthless Demon King. A conflicted Sougo went out from the robot, but attacked by a Tyrannosaurus, for they went to Cretaceous era to escape the red robot. Tsukuyomi saved him yet again, and this time they went to hide in the Edo era.
Sougo asks Tsukuyomi again about his future, and she reveals that everyone in the future knows about him. She also warns Sougo about the strange object, a Ridewatch (that somehow is back on Sougo's possession), that its power is great and too dangerous. Their discussion is interrupted by a fight nearby, and Tsukuyomi pushes Sougo to cease the conflict. But alas, Sougo is too timid to break the fight and he is thrown into a river, concluding the fight. Tsukuyomi began to wonder if Sougo is really the Demon King, as he doesn't have kingly charisma. But suddenly, a red armored warrior appears and chase them!
Tsukuyomi said that the red warrior is actually Geiz, her friend from the resistance. He wants to kill Sougo before he become Zi-O, but Tsukuyomi doesn't agree and went to Sougo to guide him into a benevolent ruler instead. Geiz attacks Tsukuyomi's Time Mazine again, and in the confusion, Sougo is thrown into a hole in time-space...
After coming to, Sougo sees a huge wall in the horizon. As he ponders, a strange lifeform attacks him! Luckily, two armored warriors came to save him. The two later reveals themselves as Sento Kiryu, Kamen Rider Build and Ryuga Banjo, Kamen Rider Cross-Z. Sento took Sougo to his base of operations, the cafe nascita and Sougo realizes that he's now in the year 2017. Sento is surprised that Sougo came from the future, but before he asks anything, Tsukuyomi appears and shot the three of them into unconsciousness, as Sougo isn't supposed to interact with the past. Sougo wakes up back in his house and told his uncle about his adventures before, citing it all as a dream.
Back in 2017, at some part of the city, a basketball player is about to struck by a speeding car until he is saved by a mysterious person. He is Heure, and he told the player that he's supposedly hit by the car today. Heure told the player that he can change his fate with his help, and the player agrees. He is then gifted with an Another Watch, and Heure declared that the player will become Kamen Rider Build!
In 2018, the kaijin, using Build's ability, attacked his former schoolmates and sucks them into an Empty Bottle. Hearing a ruckus, Sougo arrived and tossed mercilessly by the kaijin, for he's just a normal human. Tsukuyomi comes to help and fight the kaijin in his place instead, so that Sougo won't use the Ridewatch to fight. Then, the mysterious man appears again, that Tsukuyomi indentifies as Woz, and says to Sougo that his dream to become a king can only be achieved if he stands up and fight now. Of course Tsukuyomi doesn't agree, because if Sougo choose to fight, he will surely become the Demon King in the future!
Sougo then declares that he will become a Demon King, but he will become the most nice and kind Demon King ever! Proud of his choice, Woz presents Sougo a Ziku-Driver and Sougo transforms to Kamen Rider Zi-O! Sougo then defeats the kaijin with his newfound powers.
Then, Geiz appears yet again as he finally found the Demon King Zi-O! He transforms into his Rider form, and using Ghost Ridewatch, equips GhostArmor as he proceeds to attack Zi-O...
- Sougo Tokiwa (常磐 ソウゴ Tokiwa Sōgo): So Okuno (奥野 壮 Okuno Sō)
- Geiz Myoukouin (明光院 ゲイツ Myōkōin Geitsu): Gaku Oshida (押田 岳 Oshida Gaku)
- Tsukuyomi (ツクヨミ): Shieri Ohata (大幡 しえり Ōhata Shieri)
- Woz (ウォズ Wozu): Keisuke Watanabe (渡邊 圭祐 Watanabe Keisuke)
- Heure (ウール Ūru): Rihito Itagaki (板垣 李光人 Itagaki Rihito)
- Junichiro Tokiwa (常磐 順一郎 Tokiwa Jun'ichirō): Katsuhisa Namase (生瀬 勝久 Namase Katsuhisa)
- Ohma Zi-O (オーマジオウ Ōma Jiō, Voice), Ziku-Driver, Ridewatch Voices: Rikiya Koyama (小山 力也 Koyama Rikiya)
- Ziku-Driver Voice: Yohei Onishi (大西 洋平 Ōnishi Yōhei)
- Narration: Naohiko Fujino (藤野 直彦 Fujino Naohiko)
- Sento Kiryu (桐生 戦兎 Kiryū Sento): Atsuhiro Inukai (犬飼 貴丈 Inukai Atsuhiro)
- Ryuga Banjo (万丈 龍我 Banjyō Ryūga): Eiji Akaso (赤楚 衛二 Akaso Eiji)
- Basketball Player (バスケ選手 Basuke Senshu)/Another Build (アナザービルド Anazā Birudo): Taisei Mori (森 大成 Mori Taisei)
- Judo Club member: Yusuke Aoki (青木 悠介 Aoki Yūsuke)
- Resistance Captain (レジスタンス隊長 Rejisutansu Taichō): Kazutoshi Yokoyama (横山 一敏 Yokoyama Kazutoshi)
- People in Edo Era: Sumiko Takai (高井 純子 Takai Sumiko), Hikaru Takahashi (高橋 光 Takahashi Hikaru), Shun Ito (伊藤俊 Itō Shun), Yasuhiro Miyagawa (宮川康裕 Miyagawa Yasuhiro), Hajime Kanzaki (神前 元 Kanzaki Hajime), Kenji Uraie (浦家賢士 Uraie Kenji)
- Kamen Rider Zi-O, Ohma Zi-O: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji)
- Kamen Rider Geiz: Yuya Nawata (縄田 雄哉 Nawata Yūya)
- Kamen Rider Build: Yuji Nakata (中田 裕士 Nakata Yūji)
- Kamen Rider Cross-Z: Eitoku (永徳)
- Another Build, Strong Smash Hazard: Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun)
Forms and Collectibles Used
- Bottle used:
- Biotic: Rabbit
- Abiotic: Tank
- Other: N/A
- Biotic: Dragon
- Abiotic: N/A
- Other: Cross-Z Dragon
- Form(s) used:
- RabbitTank Form
- When Sougo does his "Zi-O Giri Giri Slash" finisher, the wrong "Zi-O" sound effect is played. The one used is the one for activating the Ridewatch before his transformation, not the one used for weapon finishers.
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger episode 30, Number 30: The Two Are On a Trip.
- Viewership: 4.0%
- Closing Screen Ridewatches:
- Kamen Rider: Zi-O & Geiz
- Zi-O: Zi-O
- Geiz: Geiz & Ghost
- Count at episode end
- Watches in Zi-O's possession: Zi-O, Bike
- Watches in Geiz's possession: Geiz, Ghost, Drive, Phone, Bike
- Watches in Tsukuyomi's possession: Phone
- The title of this episode had changed twice, previous titles were:
- Build Chapter, Part 1 (ビルド編 前編 Birudo-hen Zenpen)
- The Future Demon King 2068 (未来の魔王2068 Mirai no Maō 2068)
- This is the first episode since Drive's premiere episode to not have the title taken from the transformation announcement.
- Likewise, this is the first season premiere episode since the aforementioned season premiere of Drive to start with the opening theme.
- This episode features the return of Sento Kiryu and Ryuga Banjo immediately after their finale, similar to Wataru Kurenai's appearance after his season finale.
- The Edo time seen in this episode, 1671, is exactly three centuries prior to the first transformation of Takeshi Hongo as Kamen Rider 1.
- For some reason, the Tyrannosaurus rex that Sougo encounters makes a noise similar to an elephant's call.
- Th debut of Ohma Zi-O, Zi-O's final form in this episode as an alternate future version before its true debut in the finale reminds of the debut Kabuto Hyper Form in Kabuto episode 28 as an alternate future version before its true debut in episode 34.
- The Ore Damashii's appearance alongside Geiz GhostArmor coincidentally matches Takeru Tenkuji's death before the year of 2068 due to him losing half of his lifetime in the novel Kamen Rider Ghost: ~Memories of the Future~.
- Interestingly, despite producer Takahito Omori wanted to make future crossovers between Build and other Riders easy via merging the worlds, Shinichiro Shirakura chose his own way by slightly "retconning" this merge and integration Build into main linear timeline. 
- By the latter half of the series, it is explained that each of the past Rider seasons including Build belong to their own individual worlds, and that their integration into a single timeline occurs as a result of mergers between worlds.
- TV Asahi's official episode guide for キングダム２０６８
- Toei TV's official episode guide for キングダム２０６８
- Heisei 20's official episode guide for キングダム２０６８