|This article is about a rider in Kamen Rider Blade.|
- For the A.R. world version or his Bujin counterpart, see Kazuma Kendate and Kamen Rider Bujin Blade.
|"Tachibana san! Why are you watching? Tachibana san...have you really betrayed us?!"|
|―Kazuma's infamous quote, which later became a meme[src]|
|"I will fight fate...and win."|
|―Kazuma after turning into the second Joker[src]|
- 1 History
- 1.1 TV Series
- 1.2 Kamen Rider Decade
- 1.3 All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker
- 1.4 Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider W & Decade: Movie War 2010
- 1.5 OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
- 1.6 Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen
- 1.7 Kamen Rider Wizard
- 1.8 Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai
- 1.9 Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3
- 1.10 Kamen Rider Ghost: Legendary! Riders' Souls!
- 1.11 Kamen Rider Ex-Aid "Tricks": Kamen Rider Genm
- 1.12 Kamen Sentai Gorider
- 1.13 Kamen Rider Zi-O
- 1.14 Kamen Rider Heisei Generations Forever
- 2 Appearances in other media
- 3 Video Game appearances
- 4 Personality
- 5 Combat Skills
- 6 Forms
- 7 Equipment
- 8 Behind the scenes
- 9 Legend Rider Devices
- 10 Notes
- 11 Appearances
- 12 References
- 13 See Also
At the age of 11, Kazuma was orphaned when his family died in a house fire. The powerlessness he felt would serve as the motivation to try and protect the defenseless, subsequently leading him to be scouted by the Board Of Archaeological Research Department (BOARD). From his intelligence and exceptional survival instincts, he would eventually be promoted to field operative and the designated user of Rider System-02.
However, during assessment for the Rider System, Kazuma displayed unusually high fusion coefficiency. Though this caused no immediate concern, as his levels maintained steady intervals. After being promoted to Rider status, Kazuma would be partnered with fellow BOARD Rider and senior operative Sakuya Tachibana on assignment to hunt down three Undead over the next two months.
Eventually sealing the Bat Undead, Kazuma meets a web-journalist named Kotarō Shirai, who begins investigating the Riders after witnessing Kazuma carelessly changing back from his transformation. To lessen the risk of exposure (and to find a place to board after losing his apartment due to delinquent payments), Kazuma made a deal with Kotarō: In exchange for information concerning the Riders, Kotarō would provide him a place to stay; being that his salary with BOARD was barely enough to make a living. However, later that evening, disaster struck as BOARD HQ fell under attack from the Locust Undead.
With Sakuya's desertion and Kei Karasuma--BOARD's president--nowhere to be found, Kazuma and Shiori Hirose, one of BOARD's surviving agents, set-up a new base of operations in Kotarō's home, using whatever equipment left undamaged during the Undead assault on BOARD HQ. Though operating at a limit capacity, Kazuma, Shiori, and Kotarō successfully began tracking and sealing any active Undead in the area. However, eventually, Kazuma redirects his focus on tracking down the rogue Sakuya, leading to a rivalry with a being named Chalice, who possesses similar powers & abilities to his Rider System. Their frequent encounters led to the discovery that Chalice was a man named Hajime Aikawa, but the origins of his powers and his motives remained a mystery at the time.
Events escalated when Kazuma finds himself abducted by agents of a man named Isaka (the man responsible for Sakuya's strange behavior) as the subject of study for his human-Undead fusion research. Kazuma was forced to transform and battle against the Trilobite Undead, while his captors monitored his fusion activity. As the battle progressed, Kazuma showed no changes in fusion stability until Hajime appeared. This cause a noticeable spike in Kazuma's fusion activity which curiously effected Hajime as well, spurring him to transform and intervene, along with Sakuya. During the course of their battle, the mysterious Hajime is revealed to be non-human, despite the previous speculation and was, in fact, a being called the Joker Undead. Gradually, Kazuma begins to empathize with Hajime, recognizing him as more than a mindless monster.
As the Riders continued their exploits, Kazuma and Sakuya would reconcile their grievances and begin operating with each other once more after rescuing Professor Karasuma. They would also find a new ally in Hajime, after a number of encounters and even recruit a new Rider with Mutsuki Kamijo as Kamen Rider Leangle, along the way. However, with the emergence of the Trial Series, Kazuma (along with his colleagues) would discover the true circumstances behind the emergence of the Undead and the Battle Fight. The Riders would continue sealing the Undead until the BOARD chairman Hiroshi Tenno revealed himself as the true mastermind of the new Battle Fight. Confident that he would win, Tennouji then told the Kamen Riders of the Kerberos Undead's existence, an Undead who surpassed even the Joker Undead in might. While initially overwhelmed, Kenaki's determination allowed him to overpower Tennouji and the Kerberos Undead in battle, defeating them with help from his allies. Soon after, the Giraffa Undead would kill Tennouji and steal the sealed Kerberos Undead's card, attempting to seal Hajime to be declared the new victor of the Battle Fight. With Sakuya's actions though, Kanai would be sealed as well, causing the Joker Undead to be the only unsealed Undead in the world. With all Undead finally sealed, the Stone of Sealing materialized and declared the Joker Undead the winner of the Battle Fight, despite Hajime using the power of the Human Undead at the time. Using its power, the Stone of Sealing began spawning legions of Dark Roaches to ravage the world.
Kazuma, alongside the other Riders, fought desperately to contain the Dark Roach hordes. They fought valiantly but were ultimately overtaken. Kazuma would find Hajime and the two would engage in combat. However, Kazuma's objective was not to seal Hajime. Since the Dark Roach Army emerged, he had been using his Rider System's King Form to accelerate his mutation into a full Joker Undead. Being fully aware of the consequences, Kazuma realized that as long as two Undead remained, the Battle Fight could continue indefinitely as long as he and Hajime avoid combat with each other. His strategy worked, and the Dark Roaches were removed by the Stone of Sealing, allowing the world to continue existing. Horrified at what he had indirectly caused Kazuma to do, Hajime reached out to him. Yet, Kazuma told him to stay away, assuring his friend through a faint smile before leaving.
Kazuma's sacrifice enabled Hajime to keep the Human Spirit card and maintain his disguise while living among the Kurihara family and would forever be indebted to him. Kazuma on the other hand, having sworn to win against his destiny as an Undead, left to parts unknown.
Kamen Rider Decade
Near the end of the series, Kazuma would reappear in the last two episodes of Kamen Rider Decade. His actual nature and origin have received conflicting explanations in written material. He has both been described as the original Kazuma Kenzaki, after living in solitude for years  or more recently is suggested to be a separate A.R. World version of the original Kazuma Kenzaki  . Showing up in the World of the Rider War just after his equivalent, Kazuma Kendate and the iteration of the World of Blade was destroyed by the merging of the Rider Worlds, Kazuma revealed to Tsukasa's group the true root of their problem; Decade's presence. With the situation growing more dire by the second, Kazuma then immediately transformed into Blade King Form and attacked Tsukasa, telling him to leave the world that they were in. With Natsumi still held hostage by Dai-Shocker, Tsukasa refused and retaliated as Decade. None of his allies assisting him, Tsukasa was swiftly defeated by Kazuma, sustaining severe wounds in the process. Yet, Tsukasa remained adamant to save Natsumi, despite Kazuma's continued warning to him. Later on, with Tsukasa having failed to stop the alternate worlds from merging, Kazuma would reappear to him once more, attacking him alongside the other original Nine Heisei Riders.
All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker
To stop the fusion and destruction of worlds, Tsukasa Kadoya announced a tournament gathering all Riders to learn who was the strongest. Blade participated in the tournament fighting against Kamen Rider Stronger. 「Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker」
Kamen Rider Blade appears alongside Ryuki to fight Tsukasa as Decade Violent Emotion in the beginning of Movie War 2010, with his identity differing depending on the information source. Decade turns the table by turning Kenzaki into Blade Blade to destroy Ryuki and later destroys him with his Final Attack Ride, resulting in both Riders being turned into cards.
A mishap caused by the Greeed Ankh unintentionally altered the timeline which enabled Shocker to utilize the Core Medal to create the Shocker Greeed which defeated the Double Riders and seemingly erased the legacy of the Kamen Riders from history. In 2011, after Kotaro Nogami's attempt to repair the damage, he along with Kamen Rider OOO and M-Ankh awaited execution. However, it was revealed the Double Riders had their brainwashing removed by a Shocker scientist.
The Double Riders joined with New Den-O and OOO to fight Shocker's forces but were eventually defeated. When the order was given to kill everyone, V3 suddenly appeared, asserting that there were more than four riders. V3 was soon followed by all the other revived riders that came after him, including Blade, as even though Rider's history was changed, the people's memories haven't changed.
After the riders were united, they faced off against Shocker's Great Leader. Later, when joined by a force of extra riders, Blade and all the other riders got on their motorcycles and performed the "All Rider Break", ramming into the Rock Great Leader and defeating it once and for all.
Although his human form isn't shown in the movie itself and he doesn't speak, Blade is confirmed to be Kazuma Kenzaki by the movie's official website.
Blade, along with All Riders (until Fourze), tagged along with core Super Sentai members to fight Dai-Zangyack and Dai-Shocker. He is last seen using Refleclear (Gosei Blue's Power Cards) to counter Kani Laser's attack and use his Rider Kick (it's unknown if it is Lightning Blast or Lightning Sonic) along with Decade's Dimensional Kick and Ryuki's Dragon Rider Kick.
Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai
Despite the fact that it was not shown in the movie itself, Blade was killed by a Showa Rider and was turned into a Lockseed.
Blade later appeared when Gaim and ZX released all of the Kamen Riders from their Lockseeds. 「Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai」
In a timeline alteration, after Shocker gained their victory, most Riders had been placed under their control with Leangle leading a small portion of their army. Kamen Rider Blade was claimed to be imprisoned by Sakuya Tachibana during their infiltration to Shocker's base. However, it was revealed to be a lie as Sakuya was already an evil rider alongside Kazuma. Soon Kazuma alongside Sakuya, Hajime, and Mutsuki had their hearts changed despite still brainwashed after they couldn't accept how Shocker treated its own allies and aiding Drive.
After Takeshi Hongo and Hayato Ichimonji broke free from the Rider Robo, their brainwashing was fully destroyed.
Surviving the onslaught of the History Modifying Machine, Blade fought and destroyed Shocker's N·Gamio·Zeda with the Lightning Blast shortly before the Rider Robo was destroyed along with the machine by Shurikenjin Tridoron. Among the remaining Riders who witnessed the farewell of Kyoichiro Kuroi as the perversion of history was reversed, Blade's place in history was restored.
Kamen Rider Ghost: Legendary! Riders' Souls!
Despite not appearing in the web-exclusive series, Ghost can use the power of 16 Heisei Riders, including Blade, with the Heisei Rider Damashii in the final episode.
Kamen Rider Ex-Aid "Tricks": Kamen Rider Genm
Despite not appearing in the web-exclusive series, Blade and 13 Heisei Riders were the projections of the Ganbarizing Critical Strike.
Kamen Sentai Gorider
|"Mimicking me was a mistake. I am an Undead, the Joker. When only the Joker remains in the world, said world is destroyed. In this game world, I, the Joker, am counted as the only one remaining. Therefore, it's the end of this world."|
|― Kazuma explained the greatest mistake of Kuroto Dan's plan[src]|
Blade is one of five dead riders who have been brought into another dimension, along with a still alive Emu Hojo. Though Kazuma is technically still alive as an Undead, he considers losing his humanity to be his "death".
As it turns out, however, Kazuma isn't who he appears to be as he stabs Emu in the abdomen with his Blay Rouzer. Before Emu narrowly escapes with his life, "Kazuma" drops his disguise and reveals himself to Emu. Kuroto Dan turns out to be the one disguising himself as the Undead Kamen Rider, but the real Kazuma eventually shows up to help the heroes and also still alive as the mirror reflection reflects himself, having found the "impossible" Game World's entrance in CR by sensing Kuroto's use of Undead powers. Due to Kazuma being the only Joker Undead within the Game World, the rules of the Undead Battle Fight applied to the Game World and began its destruction. During the final fight against Genm and Totema, Blade and the other four deceased Kamen Riders are given the Gorider's cards to become Kamen Sentai Gorider, with Kazuma becoming Ao-Rider. At the conclusion of the fight, Blade prevents Ex-Aid from stopping the four deceased Kamen Riders sacrifice themselves to defeat Genm. Both Blade and Ex-Aid escape the Game World right after Genm's defeat. Though it is unknown what happened to Kazuma afterward, it can be assumed he left CR right after returning to the real world.
Kamen Rider Build: Be The One
Among the first 18 Heisei Riders, Blade fought against numerous monsters in a melee briefly witnessed by Sento Kiryu before being caught in the crossfire as Kamen Rider Zi-O BuildArmor used his Vortex Time Break to wipe out his enemies. 「Kamen Rider Build: Be The One」
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations Forever
Appearances in other media
Non-canon TV appearance
Kamen Rider G
300 years later (non-canon)
In the novel, Kenzaki lived a miserable life, suffering from extreme depression. Despite his existence being needed to keep the Monolith at bay, Kenzaki continues to attempt suicide, no longer able to uphold his vow to overcome fate.「Kamen Rider Blade (novel)」
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Blade (video game)
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes
Blade appears in All Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Series. Start from Climax Heroes OOO, Blade can use Jack Form.
All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation
Kamen Rider: Battride War
Kamen Rider: Battride War II
Kamen Rider Blade reappeared in Kamen Rider: Battride War II, summoned by Cinema along with the remaining Heisei Riders in order to create the "ultimate movie". Blade's stage was based on Kamen Rider Blade: Missing Ace, with Albino Joker as his main enemy. In this game, his gameplay has been updated:
- Cancellable Rouse Card access from normal/special moves or another cancellable Rouse Card based-moves.
- An aerial Royal Straightflash special replaces Helm Breaker
Kamen Rider Blade reappeared in Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis
Kazuma Kenzaki is a friendly, cheerful man. Kenzaki had a somewhat awkward side at first, struggling to befriend others. Furthermore, he has shown himself to be quite naive. Despite all this, Kenzaki genuinely does care for the well-being of others and will go to great lengths to help those in need. His vow to never let an innocent person feel pain if he can help it is what motivates Kenzaki to fight against all odds, no matter how difficult.
The guilt Kenzaki felt for his inability to save his parents have continued to haunt him for years, the tragedy having reappeared in his dreams at one point. This feeling of guilt though was slowly soothed by the friends that supported him. As the series progressed, Kenzaki matured greatly, even becoming a sort of mentor for Mutsuki Kamijo/Kamen Rider Leangle.
Humorously, Kenzaki (along with Mutsuki) in Missing Ace once tried to steal from the now rich Kotarō hinting a slightly devious side.
In the novel, Kamen Rider Blade: Twilight, over the years, Sakuya Tachibana/Kamen Rider Garren would hear of a strange creature saving children and other people all throughout the world, said strange creature hinted to be Kenzaki as an Undead. If so, it shows that Kenzaki's commitment has not waivered after several decades, despite his mutation into an Undead.
In Kamen Rider Decade though, Kenzaki had a drastic personality change as he went from kindhearted to cold and cynical. This is noted by director Shōji Yonemura in 「ライダー40年の歩み 40 YEARS CHRONICLE」 to have been the result of turning into a Joker Undead and parting with all his friends. No longer having any qualms about ending a person's life, Kenzaki mercilessly attacked Tsukasa Kadoya/Kamen Rider Decade and nearly killed him. However, despite his cold personality, Kenzaki did give Tsukasa the option of leaving peacefully, hinting that he still had some good left inside. Indeed, Kenzaki's actions toward Tsukasa were not out of malice, but simply because of the urgency of the situation.
In Kamen Sentai Gorider, he is shown to be an ally of justice, helping Emu Hojo/Kamen Rider Ex-Aid and the four deceased riders stop Kuroto Dan from reviving himself and taking over the world with Bugsters. Though fighting as an ally of justice, Kazuma stopped Emu from preventing the sacrifice of the four deceased riders, as he felt it to be necessary to foil Kuroto's plans.
Unlike previous guest appearances, in the Drama CD Kamen Rider Blade -The Whereabout of Trump, Kenzaki is mostly the same as he was ten years ago. Still a friendly and cheerful man, Kenzaki continues to wander around the world, helping those in need. While managing to retain his sense of self, Kenzaki has worries of losing control over his Undead instincts, which makes him not stay in one place for too long.
In a possible future three hundred years later, as depicted in the Kamen Rider Blade novel, Kenzaki's cynicism has overridden him. Having lived for so long through countless wars and battles without anyone to rely on, this Kenzaki became hopeless and defeated, often trying to find ways to kill himself and failing every time. This Kenzaki had lost sight of himself and the meaning of his actions as his own death would mean the end of humanity and other life on Earth. During the novel, Kenzaki becomes an amnesiac due to the manipulations by the Stone of Sealing, helping him fight again as a Kamen Rider. Yet as time passed by, Kenzaki slowly regained his memories and began losing his sanity once more. Before the final fight, the Stone of Sealing used Kenzaki's diminishing sanity against him and caused him to turn into the Darkness Undead. It was only by Hajime's actions as the Crimson Undead that Kenzaki broke free from the Stone of Sealing's influence, restoring his sanity in the process. Once the Battle Fight had ended once and for all, Kenzaki no longer felt burdened as the second Joker Undead, as he was now freed from his Undead instincts.
When reappearing in Kamen Rider Zi-O though, Kenzaki had changed greatly for the worse. Due to Hajime Aikawa/Kamen Rider Chalice's actions, Kenzaki was influenced by his Undead instincts, becoming angry and cynical. This is to the point of showing little care towards the possibility of humanity's extinction, something unthinkable in the original series. Instead, Kenzaki seemed focused solely on defeating Hajime, despite the latter's pleas to stop. This shows that Kenzaki had ultimately succumbed to his Undead instincts, despite having managed to retain his sense of self in the original series. Despite this aggressiveness, Kenzaki was shown to be regretful at having to fight against Hajime, as well as being slightly concerned with Amane's predicament.
Once his mutation as the Joker Undead was reversed, Kazuma no longer became bound by the Battle Fight's effects, effectively losing his former aggression. In a somewhat calm but satisfied manner, Kazuma even stated his gladness at being released from his Undead instincts.
Blade is primarily a short-range fighter, relying on martial prowess and his Blay Rouzer. By using his Rouse cards, Blade can enhance his physical capabilities, strengthen his arsenals, harness and release electricity, control magnetism, and even stop time itself. Depending on the type of Rouse card, Blade is also able to combine their abilities, granting him several finishing moves. Furthermore, he can borrow the Rouse card of other BOARD Riders, allowing him to utilize their special abilities as well.
Initially, Kenzaki was an inadequate fighter, barely proving a match against even the weakest Undeads in battle. Gradually though, the experience he accumulated would turn Kenzaki into a formidable Kamen Rider, far surpassing his peers. Alongside mastering unarmed combat, Kenzaki's swordsmanship skills have become exceptional as well, instinctively striking his foe without fail.
Notably, when facing the powerful Caucasus Undead, Kenzaki not only showed the ability to dual wield two swords without trouble, but defeated his foe in Ace Form without any powerups whatsoever, a true testament to his growth. Even against other formidable foes such as the Joker Undead, the Keroberos Undead, Kamen Rider Wild Chalice, as well as a weakened Jashin Fourteen and Tsukasa Kadoya/Kamen Rider Decade, Kenzaki also proved the victor, overwhelming each in combat.
In Jack Form, Blade is able to fly at will, becoming significantly swifter and stronger than Ace Form. His Blay Rouzer is enhanced as well, increasing Blade's overall capabilities.
Due to Kenzaki's unusually high fusion rate with the Undeads, Blade's version of King Form greatly differs from the intended version, fusing him with all thirteen Spade Undeads at once. Thus, in this form, Blade can use all of his powers without scanning any Rouse cards, as well as gaining new finishing moves with his King Rouzer. If needed, he can also use the Blay Rouzer alongside his King Rouzer, wielding both at once.
Once mutated into a Joker Undead, Kenzaki has effectively become immortal, no longer susceptible to disease or death. Alongside gaining the typical powers of an Undead, if Kenzaki were to become the only Undead in the world he resides, said world will automatically be destroyed, proven in Kamen Sentai Gorider.
Kamen Rider Blade's ending theme is entitled "Wanna Be Strong"
- Hearing: 5 km.
- Punching Power: 280 AP (2.8 t.)
- Kicking Power: 480 AP (4.8 t.)
- Resistance: 120 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 33 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5.7 sec.
- Boar Tackle: 800 FP (8 t.)
- Lizard Slash: 400 FP (4 t.)
- Locust Kick: 1000 FP (10 t.)
- Deer Thunder: 1200 MP (12 t.)
- Lion Beat: 600 FP (6 t.)
- Dragonfly Float: 1000 FP (10 t.)
- Jaguar Mach: 1600 MP (16 t.)
- Deadly Blow: 2000 MP (20 t.)
- Lightning Blast: 2200 AP (22 t.)
- Lightning Sonic: 3800 AP (38 t.)
- Lightning Slash: 1600 AP (16 t.)
Ace Form (エースフォーム, Ēsu Fōmu) is the default form of Kamen Rider Blade assumed by using the Blay Buckle and Change Beetle Rouse Card. The transformation fuses the user with the DNA of the Beetle Undead. As per the nature of BOARD's Rider system, this form is capable of growing more formidable from the user's willpower, to the point of proving capable of defeating the Joker Undead in Missing Ace.Appearances: Blade Episodes 1-49, All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, Let's Go Kamen Riders, Super Hero Taisen, Wizard Episodes 52-53, Kamen Rider Taisen, Kamen Sentai Gorider Episode 3, Super Hero Taisen GP, Be The One, Heisei Generations FOREVER, Over Quartzer, Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation, Kamen Rider Saber ＋ Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger: Superhero Senki
|"Absorb Queen! Fusion Jack!"|
- Punching Power: 350 AP (3.5 t.)
- Kicking Power: 550 AP (5.5 t.)
- Resistance: 180 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 133 m.
- Maximum Flying Height: 10000 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 4.6 sec.
- Maximum Flying Speed: 300 km/h. (100 m. per 1.2 sec.)
Jack Form (ジャツクフォーム, Jakku Fōmu) is a combat extension of the Rider System which harnesses the power of Category Jack Rouse Cards via the Rouse Absorber. Blade assumes his Jack Form by inserting the Absorb Capricorn Rouse Card into the Rouse Absorber and scanning the Fusion Eagle Rouse Card. This endows the Rider Armor with the attributes and characteristics of the Eagle Undead's DNA, enhancing Blade's combat capabilities.
In this form, Blade gains golden reinforced armor plating which increases his resilience to enemy attacks. Blade also gains wings on his back, enabling him to fly. Assuming this form additionally upgrades the Blay Rouzer into its Empowered Type, which lengthens its blade and expands its AP cache.Appearances: Blade Episodes 26-28, 32-33, 36, 41, 45 (flashback; archive footage only), Heisei Generations FOREVER (as a toy).
|"Absorb Queen! Evolution King!"|
- Punching Power: 450 AP (4.5 t.)
- Kicking Power: 700 AP (7 t.)
- Resistance: 200 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 25 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 6.5 sec. (one say 6.6 sec.)
- Royal Straightflash: 11200 AP (112 t.)
- Straightflash: 5000 AP (50 t.)
- Fourcard: 9600 AP (96 t.) (one say 9400 AP, 94 t.)
- King Form Threecard: 3400 AP (34 t.)
- Pentacle Flash: 6200 AP (62 t.)
- Straight Tempest Crush: 4600 AP (46 t.)
- King Form Onepair: 3400 AP (34 t.)
- Fivecard Christmas: 12000 AP (120 t.)
- King Form Twopair: 4600 AP (46 t.)
- Fullhouse: 6200 AP (62 t.)
King Form (キングフォーム, Kingu Fōmu) is the ultimate combat extension of the Rider System, which only Blade can assume. This transformation is initiated by inserting the Absorb Capricorn Rouse Card into the Rouse Absorber and scanning the Evolution Caucasus Rouse Card. It is undoubtedly Blade's strongest form, allowing him to overwhelm the Joker Undead, Kamen Rider Wild Chalice as well as defeat the Kerberos Undead, and Jashin Fourteen with the support of other Riders.
When transforming into King Form, all of Blade's Spades Suit Rouse Cards form a full suit of golden armor for him. This massively increases his defenses, but at the cost of agility. In addition, Blade can activate the effects of the individual Rouse Cards on his body without having to scan them.
This form grants Blade the King Rouzer. The King Rouzer does not have storage for cards like the Blay Rouzer, as all of Blade's cards are fused with his body. For Rouse Combos, Blade can separate the necessary Rouse cards from his body. Blade is still able to use the Blay Rouzer, and often dual-wields both the King Rouzer and Blay Rouzer.
King Form was designed to only fuse the user with the DNA of the Caucasus Undead via the Evolution Caucasus Rouse Card. However, Kenzaki's unusually high fusion compatibility resulted in him fusing with DNA of all 13 Spades Suit Undead. As a result, extended activity in this form continually raises his fusion rate, ultimately transforming him into a Joker-type Undead. Because of this, Kenzaki was cautioned against using King Form too often. However, Kenzaki intentionally used King Form to turn himself into an Undead and prevent the Battle Fight from ending. Thus, he no longer suffers any side effects from using this formAppearances: Blade Episodes 34-38, 40, 42-46, 49, Wizard Episode 53 , Over Quartzer
|"Final Form Ride: B-B-Blade!"|
Via the Final Form Ride Card Blade Blade, Kamen Rider Blade would transform into Blade Blade (ブレイドブレード, Bureido Burēdo), a large sword similar to the Blay Rouzer.
With the Blade Blade, Decade performs the Decade Edge (ディケイドエッジ, Dikeido Ejji), where the Blade Blade charges with electricity before being slashed down to make a huge electric shockwave similar to Blade's Lightning Slash. When Diend uses the Blade Blade, Diend can perform the Diend Edge (ディエンドエッジ, Diendo Ejji), which is the same as the Decade Edge.
So far, this form appeared twice, once via Diend in Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker and second in Movie War 2010 during his and Ryuki's assassination attempt on Decade but backfired and forcefully killed Ryuki in this form before being eliminated via Decade's Dimension Kick.Appearances: All Riders vs Dai-Shocker
In episode 16, when Kotaro accidentally opened the Leangle Buckle, Kenzaki came into contact with the projection produced by the belt and temporarily transformed into Leangle, though he is not wearing the Leangle Buckle on his waist. After a while, the projection sent Kenzaki flying back into a distance.
Joker (ジョーカー, Jōkā) (called "Navy Joker" by the fandom) is a mutation caused by excessive usage of Blade's King Form. During the final episodes, he began using King Form excessively to the extent that he would use it right from the start of a fight to ward off mere Darkroachi, even if it put a huge strain on his body. It was revealed in the final episode that he did so deliberately to lead the Battle Fight into a stalemate, by discarding his humanity and transforming himself into a Undead, so as to allow Hajime to live as a human and saving the world at the same time. Because he had mutated into an Undead, Kenzaki can currently use Blade's powers more efficiently as well as gained the standard powers of a Joker Undead. Unlike Hajime who struggles to control his instincts as the Joker Undead, Kenzaki appears to be able to retain his sense of self without using any Rouse cards.
In this form Kenzaki is armed with a sword identical to that of the Caucasus Undead.
Even though Kenzaki was seen with his own Chalice Rouzer in Kamen Rider Blade's finale, his Undead form was never shown in the series. However, it later appeared in a S.I.C. Hero Saga story Kamen Rider Blade: Day After Tomorrow, only to reveal that Kenzaki's Joker form looked exactly like Hajime's. In the Kamen Rider Blade Novel though, it was stated that Kenzaki's Undead form more closely resembles the Beetle Undead and Caucasus Undead. Thus, what Kenzaki's Undead form looks in design is still up for debate among fans.
Powers and Abilities
- Biological Immortality: As an Undead, Kenzaki can survive from any physical injuries, no matter how grave they may be.
- Human Disguise: Since Kenzaki is an Undead resulted from mutation, he can shift himself from his human to Undead form, making him similar to Royal Club Undeads.
- Undead Mimicking: Similar to Hajime, Kenzaki (as the Joker Undead) would in theory be able to use a sealed Undead's Rouse Card to obtain said Undead's form and powers.
- Danger Intuition: During his half transformation into an Undead around the series, Kenzaki seemed to develop a symbiosis with the original Joker, Hajime Aikawa where he can sense his defeat at the hands of Kerberos.
- Undead Tracking: As Undeads are attracted to each other, he was able to track Genm to the Game World as he used Blade system.
- Security Door Unlocking: Somehow, he can break the security system of CR when touching the control panel and open the door.
- World Destruction: As a Joker, if he is the only Undead existing in a world, that world will be destroyed. He used this power to destroy the Game World, transforms it into a desolated land and thwarts Genm's plan.
|―Ao-Rider's role call[src]|
- Enemy Sensor: 3 km,
- Punching Power: 55 t.
- Kicking Power: 65 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 45 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 3 sec.
Ao-Rider is composed of the following parts:
- Super Antenna Antennae (超触角アンテナ, Chō Shokkaku Antena) - The antennae. They can intercept communications by capturing radio waves within a 5km radius. They can contact the other Goriders or allies.
- C Eye (C・アイ, C Ai) - The compound eyes. In detects heat sources and body reactions, and utilizes this information to target enemies that move at high speed.
- O-Signal (O・シグナル, O Shigunaru) - A small device embedded on the forehead. Notifies Aka-Rider of any enemies within a 3km radius.
- Crusher (クラッシャー, Kurasshā) - The mouthplate. It can actually open up and bite down on an enemy. The fangs are extremely sharp and can easily chew through sturdy steel. The ability to open and close the Crusher has not been seen in any current media.
- Protective Clothing (防護服, Bōgo-fuku) - The entire bodysuit. It is made of special chemical fibers that can absorb shocks.
- Gorider Mantle (ゴライダーマント, Goraidā Manto) - The collar-cape section. The Gorider Mantle's surface is explosion-proof, reducing damage taken from behind (most likely to shield Ao-Rider from explosions that occur during introductory scenes).
- Converter Lung (コンバーターラング, Konbātā Rangu) - The red chest armor. It is both flexible and durable. It takes in surrounding heat and wind energy, converting them into energy to power Ao-Rider.
- Power Amplification Gloves (パワー増幅グローブ, Pawā Zōfuku Gurōbu) - The gloves. They enhance the wearer's punches via electrical stimulation.
- Power Amplification Boots (パワー増幅ブーツ, Pawā Zōfuku Būtsu) - The boots. They enhance the wearer's kicks via electrical stimulation.
- Typhoon (タイフーン, Taifūn) - Ao-Rider's transformation belt. By spinning the windmill device within the center via wind energy, energy is produced, allowing transformation and deathblows.
- Energy Converter (エナージコンバーター, Enāji Konbātā) - Two silver devices located on either side of the Typhoon. They store energy produced by Ao-Rider.
- Blay Buckle: Blade's transformation belt
- Chalice Rouzer: Transformation belt as the Joker Undead
- Rouse Absorber: Used to access Jack Form and King Form
- Rouse Card: Allow Blade to perform special attacks
- Gosei Cards - Allows Blade to utilize the Tensou power of the Goseigers, one was loaned to him by Gosei Blue
- Blay Rouzer: Blade's personal weapon
- King Rouzer: Blade King Form's primary weapon
- Blue Spader: Blade's Rider Machine
Behind the scenes
Kazuma Kenzaki is portrayed by Takayuki Tsubaki (椿 隆之, Tsubaki Takayuki), who reprised his role in Kamen Rider Decade by voiced his character in Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider W & Decade: Movie War 2010. As a child, he was portrayed by Takumi Kagawa (香川 拓海, Kagawa Takumi). As Kamen Rider Blade, his suit actor was Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二, Takaiwa Seiji), who has been the suit actor for the majority of the leading Heisei Kamen Riders (except Kuuga and Hibiki).
As the leading Rider protagonist of Kamen Rider Blade, Kazuma Kenzaki (Kamen Rider Blade) is labeled Kamen Rider #20 (仮面ライダー20号, Kamen Raidā Nijūgō) and Heisei Rider #5 (平成ライダー5号, Heisei Raidā Gogō). 「Quiz! Decade Countdown!!」
- Kazuma is the center of a Japanese meme dubbed "Ondul" (ｵﾝﾄﾞｩﾙ), in which actor Takayuki Tsubaki's emotion-slurred speech, is treated as a separate language (the name comes from his line in the first episode, "Have you really betrayed us?!" (本当に裏切ったんですか!, Hontōni uragittan desu ka!), with "honto" ("really") coming out as "ondul", turning into Ondourur ragitta ndisukā! (ｵﾝﾄﾞｩﾙﾙﾗｷﾞｯﾀﾝﾃﾞｨｽｶｰ!)). This meme was named the "Ondul Language" (オンドゥル語, Onduru go) and has been referenced in other works, such as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
- The meme has been acknowledged within the Kamen Rider franchise, with Kazuma Kendate of Kamen Rider Decade mistaking "Chief" and "cheese". It is further referenced in Kamen Rider Climax Heroes, where "Have you really betrayed us?!" is Blade's special intro dialog with Garren, and in Kamen Rider: Battride War, where the quote is the name of one of the game's achievements.
- Memes surrounding the other main characters (Sakuya Tachibana, Hajime Aikawa and Mutsuki Kamijo) have since spawned among Japanese fans, and have been referenced in many parodies uploaded online.
- In episode 3 once learning from Tachibana that their bodies are deteriorating from using the Rider System, a traumatized Kenzaki shouted "No way! There's no way that's true!" (嘘だ!嘘だそんなこと!, Uso da! Uso da sonna koto!). This scene is memorized by fans due to Tachibana's infamous "My body is falling apart!" quote came before that, including Kenzaki's over the top manner of shouting it.
Legend Rider Devices
- KamenRide Card: Regained when Tsukasa shows Kazuma that even followers are important as leaders.「Blade Blade」 Decade uses the card to assume the form of Blade's Ace Form. A KamenRide: Blade card is also possessed by Diend, which he uses to summon Blade. First used in the World of Agito to fight the Lords.
When Kamen Rider Decade is in his Complete Form, he uses the K-Touch to summon the Final Forms of the Nine Heisei Riders. After he presses the Rider's symbol, a card of that Rider's Final Form appears in a set of nine on Kamen Rider Decade's chest. The Blade King card summons Kamen Rider Blade King Form, armed with the King Rouzer. Using the Blade Final AttackRide card allows Decade to execute a Royal Straightflash-style attack alongside Blade King Form.
These cards allow Decade to perform any of their own attacks, Decade is also able to use any signature attacks of whatever Kamen Rider he has transformed into. The Blade Attack Ride Cards allow Decade as Blade to invoke the power of the Rouse Cards.
- Metal: As Blade, Decade invokes the power of the Seven of Spades Rouse Card, Metal Trilobite, to enhance resilience to physical harm by transmuting his body into organic metal.
- Mach: As Blade, Decade invokes the power of the Nine of Spades Rouse Card, Mach Jaguar, to enhance his speed and agility.
The Blade Blade card transforms Blade into a larger version of the Blay Rouzer.
With the Blade Blade, Decade/Diend performs the Decade/Diend Edge where the Blade Blade charges with electricity then is slashed down to make a huge electric shockwave similar to Blade's Lightning Slash. The same card can be used by Decade while as Blade, executing Blade's Lightning Blast kick.
The Blade Module (ブレイドモジュール, Bureido Mojūru) is the legendary Fourze Module based off of Kamen Rider Blade, which is equipped on the right leg of Kamen Rider Fourze via the cross-based Blade Switch (ブレイドスイッチ, Bureido Suitchi). Reminiscent of Blade's Blay Rouzer, the Blade Module allows Fourze to perform Blade's Lightning Slash finisher
- Blade Lockseed (ブレイドロックシード, Bureido Rokkushīdo): Allows the user to transform into Blade Arms, equipped with the Blay Rouzer. The core image depicts the Blay Buckle while the lid backside image depicts the Change Beetle Rouse Card. Baron/Gridon-styled Lockseed.
- Signal Legend Blade (シグナルレジェンドブレイド, Shigunaru Rejendo Bureido, Based on Kamen Rider Blade's Blue Spader): Allows Mach to activate a Kourin Signal Legend. When used in the DX Drive Driver, it gives the sound for a Tire Exchange into Drive: Blade (ドライブ・ブレイド, Doraibu - Bureido).
|"Kaigan! Blade! (Blay Buckle standby noises) Kazasu Blade! Trump wa Spade! (Blay Buckle transformation sounds)"|
|―Transformation announcement with Ghost Driver[src]|
Blade Ghost Eyecon (ブレイドゴースト眼魂, Bureido Gōsuto Aikon) is one of the 16 title Kamen Riders' Ghost Eyecons. It shows the number R05 on its Startup Time setting, Blade's face on its Transformation Time setting, and Blade's symbol on its Move Invocation Time setting.
- King of Poker Blade Gashat (キングオブポーカーブレイド, Kingu obu Pōkā Bureido): Based on Kamen Rider Blade.
|"(Digital beeping) Blade!"|
|"The Rider who uses the power of Undead sealed in cards is... (Clock ticking noise) Blade! (カードに封印したアンデッドの力で戦うライダーは…ブレイドだ！, Kādo ni fūin shita Andeddo no chikara de tatakau Raidā wa... (Clock ticking noise) Bureido da!)"|
|―Secondary activation announcement[src]|
|"Rider Time! (Electronic Pop mixed with Blade's Opening theme) Turn Up! Blade!"|
|―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's right-hand slot[src]|
|"(Right-hand Ridewatch's announcement)! Armor Time! (Electronic Pop mixed with Blade's Opening theme) Turn Up! Blade!"|
|―Rider Armor transformation announcement[src]|
Blade King Form Ridewatch (ブレイドキングフォーム, Bureido Kingu Fōmu Raidowotchi): Based on Kamen Rider Blade King Form, this Ridewatch would provide access to a corresponding Rider Armor. It is dated 2004, but shown on the Ziku-Driver's screen as FIN.
Another Blade Watch (アナザーブレイドウォッチ, Anazā Bureido Wotchi): A twisted version of the Blade Ridewatch used to transform into Another Blade.
|―Second activation announcement[src]|
|―Transformation standby announcement[src]|
|"Progrise! The destiny card! TurnUpping Blade! Fighting against fate with swords and cards."|
|―Transformation announcement with the Hiden Zero-One Driver[src]|
|"TurnUpping (Bit/Byte/Kilo/Mega/Giga/Tera) Impact!"|
|―Empowered finisher announcement with the Hiden Zero-One Driver[src]|
|"Shotrise! TurnUpping Blade! Fighting against fate with swords and cards."|
|―Transformation announcement with the A.I.M.S. Shotriser[src]|
|"Joker! TurnUppingg Blast Fever!"|
|―Finisher announcement with the A.I.M.S. Shotriser in Belt Mode[src]|
|"Forcerise! TurnUpping Blade! Fighting against fate with swords and cards. Break down."|
|―Transformation announcement with the MetsubouJinrai Forceriser[src]|
- As acknowledged in the hero change battle between Kamen Rider Decade and Gokai Red in Super Hero Taisen, Blade's Spade motif makes him his series' equivalent of Spade Ace from Shotaro Ishinomori's second and last Sentai series J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai.
- He shares the same surname as Makoto “Makopi” Kenzaki (Cure Sword) from Doki Doki! Pretty Cure as Kazuma & Makoto both share the same kanji spelling 剣崎 (Kenzaki). Fittingly, just like Makoto, they both share a spade motif, their series has the main motif of card suits, and has a sword themed identity (Blade, Sword).
- Every time Blade uses Tackle Boar, his attack is always evaded since it is too predictable. Ironically, the only time it worked was when it was used against him in the Hyper Battle Video.
- The Kamen Rider Blade suit has showcased a few oddities over the years.
- The suit's midriff portion would at times appear to be made of cloth rather than the leather-like material the rest of the suit was made out of, while at other points it would appear to be uniformly made of the latter material.
- The face portion of the helmet would at times appear gold as opposed to silver, necessitating post-filming editing to appear consistent. According to Kamen Rider Zi-O producer Shinichiro Shirakura, this is the result of certain lighting conditions affecting the materials the faceplate was constructed from.
- Of the four suits, the Spade Suit Undeads are the only ones to have each member appear in the series in their unsealed forms.
- Notably, Kenzaki is one of the few Kamen Riders to have defeated Tsukasa Kadoya/Kamen Rider Decade in combat. Even more impressively, he did so with little trouble, something that no other Rider aside from Kamata/Kamen Rider Abyss was able to do in Kamen Rider Decade.
- Kenzaki as Blade shares many similarities with him, both being card-based Riders that are predestined to destroy worlds, both also being the only primary Heisei Riders to have no Rider forms that are dominantly red in color.
- Before the broadcast of Kamen Rider Blade, there was a filmed scene which would have Kenzaki meeting his predecessor, Takumi Inui/Kamen Rider Faiz. Takumi would pass the baton on to Kazuma, before the two transform together. This scene was only seen by several members of the production team and was never released anywhere else until pictures of said scene were leaked onto a magazine.
- Kazuma is the first Heisei-era protagonist who transforms into a Kamen Rider by technology harnessing mystical forces, with his physical body altered in the process. The only Rider to proceed him in this aspect is Kohtaro Minami/Kamen Rider Black (RX), with his physica
- Along with Shinji Kido/Kamen Rider Ryuki, Kenzaki has never killed a sapient creature, as he only seals the Undeads instead of outright murdering them.
- In the Trial Series and Darkroaches' cases, it can be argued that they are not actual living creatures, but instead programmed drones and feral monsters.
- Kenzaki is the first of the three Riders whose final form caused him to turn into the race he was fighting against, with the other two being Eiji Hino and Kouta Kazuraba.
- Alongside Tachibana, Kenzaki is the only Kamen Rider in Kamen Rider Blade to defeat a Category King Undead in combat, excluding the events of Missing Ace.
- Even more impressive is the fact that Kenzaki not only defeated the Undead using just Ace Form, but that he did not use any Rouse cards other than Change Beetle.
- The reason behind Kenzaki's high fusion co-efficiency is never explained in the series. However, Noboru Shima notes that many Undead simply have an ingrained instinct to protect their own kind. Considering Kenzaki's strong will to protect people, it is likely he synchronized with this part of them.
- The Blay Rouzer and King Rouzer differ in the Rouse announcements: Whereas the Blay Rouzer announces the cards' ability and the name of the attack formed after scanning a group of cards, the King Rouzer calls out the cards' place in the playing card deck, as well as the name of the playing card hand produced by the cards scanned.
- OOO/Den-O/All Riders Let's Go Kamen Riders 40 Years Chronicle "彼にはもう行き場所はなく、彷徨うことしかできなかった"
- Kodansha Series MOOK Kamen Rider Heisei Rider Vol.10: Decade
- Stated as Kazuma Kenzaki according to OOO/Den-O/All Riders Let's Go Kamen Riders 40 Years Chronicle
- Stated as Kazuma Kendate according to Kodonsha Series MOOK Kamen Rider Heisei Rider VOL 10: Decade
- TV Asahi. (2004). Kamen Rider Blade.
- Kamen Rider Official Data/Perfect File.
- Rouse Cards.
- TV Asahi. (2004). Kamen Rider Blade Jack Form.
- TV Asahi. (2004). Kamen Rider Blade King Form.
- Hobby Japan. (2007). S.I.C. Official Diorama Story: S.I.C. Hero Saga. Vol. 2. p. 89. ISBN 978-4894256309.
- Toei. (2019). Ao-Rider.
- Trial E - Imitation of Kamen Rider Blade in Kamen Rider Blade.
- Kazuma Kendate - User of the Kamen Rider Blade Powers in Kamen Rider Decade.
- Kazuma Kenzaki (A.R. World) - Alternative Counterpart in Kamen Rider Decade.
- Kamen Rider Bujin Blade - Bujin Counterpart and user of the Kamen Rider Blade powers in Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Gaim & Wizard: The Fateful Sengoku Movie Battle.
- Kuroto Dan - Imitation of Kamen Rider Blade in Kamen Sentai Gorider.