|This article is about a/an reimagined take on a rider in the reboot film series|
which includes Kamen Rider The First and Kamen Rider The Next.
In Kamen Rider The First, unlike the series, Hayato Ichimonji was completely rewritten. Formerly known as Katsuhiko Yano, the lover of Asuka Midorikawa, Katsuhiko was killed by the Shocker Inhumanoid Spider, with his lifeless body recovered and turned into a cyborg similar to Hongo. His brain was altered to believe he was a man named Hayato Ichimonji in competition for Asuka's affection. Like all Inhumanoids created by Shocker, Ichimonji suffers the wasting disease that results from being experimented on and needs a transfusion only Shocker scientists can execute to survive. Ichimonji originally served as Hongo's enemy, and later as a hesitant ally who fights to uphold his own principles. He disappears at the end of the movie, leaving his helmet on the road.
Ichimonji returns in the sequel Kamen Rider The Next. He has apparently managed to survive the two years following The First, and lives the lifestyle of a popular bar regular in Ginza. Like Hongo, his Hopper uniform has become scarred and dented, including the scratched out remains of the Shocker logo on his gloves and back. However, he still suffers from his body rejecting its reconstruction. Without Shocker's aid to manage his body, the effects on Ichimonji had become more life threatening and debilitating. By the time he returns to support Hongo, he insists on aiding him in spite of his condition. Towards the end of the film, his condition has become so severe that he coughs up blood through the mouth of his mask, and was nearly killed if not for V3's intervention. After the battle, he leaves in a similar manner to the first film, carrying his helmet over his shoulder.
Directors Cut's Ending
After the final battle, Ichimonji accepts his inevitable death, and dies peacefully in the company of women in the same club he visited at the start of the movie.
Kamen Rider Zi-O: Final Stage
Video Game appearances
All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution
Kamen Rider 2 appears as a playable character amoung other Kamen Riders in the game , he can also performer his Rider Kick.
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Kamen Rider 2 is a playable character with other Kamen Rider of Showa Heisei and Reiwa in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Other Game appearances
Masked Rider Expansion
Kamen Rider 2 appears as a playable character in this trading card game with other Kamen Rider Kamen Rider Heisei-Era , Showa-Era,super sentai, Metal Heroes and other Heroes.
Kamen Rider 2
- Rider Height: 182 cm 
- Rider Weight: 71 kg
- Punching Power: 3.5 t
- Kicking Power: 10 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 15 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 5.2 seconds
- Rider Kick: 30 t
Ichimonji, like Hongo, simply opens up his jacket, revealing the Typhoon Belt. Wind then blows into the turbine on the belt, activating his body armor, then puts on his helmet and snaps his faceplate to it, completing the transformation.
Like Rider 1's suit, Rider 2's suit aged poorly by the events of the second movie, turning from a bright light green into a much duller shade of green.
- Rider Kick (ライダーキック Raidā Kikku)
- Spining Rider Kick (スピニングライダーキック Supiningu Raidā kikku)
- Rider Punch (ライダーパンチ Raidā Panchi)
- Combined Techniques
- Typhoon - 2 transformation belt.
Behind the scenes
This version of Hayato Ichimonji was portrayed by Hassei Takano (高野 八誠 Takano Hassei). Hassei Takano previously played Hiroya Fujimiya in Ultraman Gaia and Miyuki Tezuka/Kamen Rider Raia in Kamen Rider Ryuki and later played Keisuke Okamura in Kamen Rider Drive.As Hopper 2, his suit actor was Mark Musashi (マーク 武蔵 Māku Musashi). In his return in Kamen Rider The Next, Kamen Rider 2's suit actor was Tomohiko Akiyama (秋山 智彦 Akiyama Tomohiko).
- Katsuhiko is the Second Rider with a Skull Man motif in movies, the first being Takeshi Hongo Kamen Rider 1, later the third Shiro Kazami Kamen Rider V3 and the third is Sokichi Narumi/Kamen Rider Skull in Kamen Rider W series ,This is subsequently followed by the Kyoichiro Kuroi/Kamen Rider 3 Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3 and Kamen Rider 4 in Duel! The True Identity of Shocker's Great Leader.
- Unlike his TV counterpart Hayato Ichimonji the two were allies from the beginning,in the film Ichimonji originally served as Hongo's enemy, and later a hesitant ally.
- This case is very similar in Mikoto Nakadai and his American counterpart Trent Fernandez-Mercer, in Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger Mikoto who took a lot longer to be redeemed himself like Katsuhiko, while Trent becoming a member of the Power Rangers until the end of the Power Rangers Dino Thunder very similar Hayato Ichimonji in Kamen Rider.
- Like V3, 2's Rider Suit was retooled for the creation of Goludora in the movie Cho Kamen Rider Den-O & Decade Neo Generations: The Onigashima Warship.
- In the film before the confrontation with Chiharu, Ichimonji does the full hand gestures of Kamen Rider 2 like his TV counterpart, although not for transforming.
- Katsuhiko has some similarities with Jin Takayama/Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha from Kamen Rider Amazons.
- Katsuhiko Yano shares his surname with Tetsuya Yano/Black Bison From Choujuu Sentai Liveman and Kairi Yano/Lupin Red From Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger.
- Shocker Riders - Evil Rider trop based in his Rider desing.
|Kamen Rider The First & The Next|
|Takeshi Hongo - Katsuhiko Yano - Shiro Kazami|
|Typhoon (Rider 1/Rider 2) - Double Typhoon - Cyclone (Rider 1/Rider 2) - Hurricane|
|The First: Asuka Midorikawa - Tōbei Tachibana|
|The Next: Kotomi Kikuma|
|Great Leader of Shocker|
|Shocker Staff (The First): Youth - Lady - Elderly Gentleman|
|Inhumanoids (The First): Spider - Bat - Haruhiko Mitamura - Miyoko Harada|
|Inhumanoids (The Next): Scissors Jaguar - Chainsaw Lizard|
|Henchmen: Shocker Combatmen - Shocker Riders|
|Other Enemies: Chiharu|
|View • [Edit]|