|This article is about a villain in Kamen Rider Zi-O.|
Originally traveling to 2018 for the purpose of eliminating Geiz Myokoin and Tsukuyomi, Kasshine was deactivated after Geiz destroyed Sougo's Ziku-Driver, thus erasing Ohma Zi-O's timeline. [Back to 2068] Despite Ohma Zi-O being erased from existence as a result, Heure and Swartz found Kasshine's deactivated body and revived him, the latter now reprogrammed into killing present-day Sougo Tokiwa. As Sougo struggled with Kasshine as a civilian and protecting an injured boy, Geiz barged in and encouraged the future demon king to become Kamen Rider Zi-O again. As Geiz join the battle, Decade joined Kasshine to even the odds before he retreated. While Zi-O DecadeArmor Ex-Aid Form L and Geiz fought the Time Jackers in their respective Time Mazines, the Form R half defeated Kasshine. [Forever King 2018]
A Kasshine was seen attacking Geiz Myokoin. Later, multiple Kasshine were seen as the henchmen of Another Diend and later were seen battling Kamen Rider Zi-O, Kamen Rider Geiz, Kamen Rider Woz, and Kamen Rider Tsukuyomi.
Saber + Zenkaiger: Superhero Senki
Multiple Kasshine would be recreated by Asmodeus himself in order to serve as part of his army. They would be seen as part of a large gathering of recreated villains and monsters that Asmodeus himself had created as part of his trap against the heroes themselves that would serve to erase them all out of existence. However, thanks to Touma Kamiyama managing to help Shotaro Ishinomori regain his passion for drawing out superheroes, all of the Kamen Riders and all of the Super Sentai teams had been restored back into existence who had, in turn, wiped out the entire army itself. [Saber + Zenkaiger: Superhero Senki]
Powers and Abilities
- Height: 195.2 cm
- Weight: 640.4 kg
- Trident: Kasshines carry tridents for combat.
- Mechanical Limbs: They can use their extra mechanical limbs for support.
- Time Travel: Kasshines are able to travel from 2068 to 2018 with the use of a time portal.
Behind the Scenes
Kasshine is designed by Tamotsu Shinohara (篠原 保, Shinohara Tamotsu). Initially, the design motif was a golden clock, but with the emergence of the keyword "reaper", it has been reorganized based on the "drive" reaper. However, the simple body makes it look like Build's Smash, and the mass-produced version has a simpler head and shoulder armor.
Kasshine's name can directly translate into Vassals (家臣, Kashin), referring to his position.
Kasshine was designed by Tamotsu Shinohara (篠原 保, Shinohara Tamotsu).
- Kasshine's head is likely a modified Guardian head.
- To further relate his affiliation with Ohma Zi-O, his head has the Katakana for "Kamen" (カメン lit. "Mask") on his forehead.
- Kasshine is the only monster in the series not to be themed after a past Rider.
- The suit was reused for both Kamen Riders Solomon and Storious
- Kamen Rider Zi-O
- Shogakukan <Televi-kun Deluxe Favorite Edition>. (2019). "Kamen Rider Zi-O Cho Zenshu". pp. 10-11, "Ohma Zi-O"
- Hobby Japan. (2019). "OFFICIAL PERFECT BOOK Kamen Rider Zi-O Official Complete Reader CELEBRATE THE ZI-O COMPLETION". pp. 114-127, "ZI-O CREATURE DESIGN WORKS DESIGNER CROS TALK Yutaka Izubuchi/Tamotsu Shinohara [Creature Design]". ISBN 978-4-7986-2094-7.
- Hobby Japan. (2020). "Heisei Kamen Rider Monster Design Encyclopedia Complete Super Evil". pp. 326-329, "DESIGNER INTERVIEW Yutaka Izubuchi/Tamotsu Shinohara [Kamen Rider Zi-O]". ISBN 9784798623382.