|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Agito.|
Kaoru Kino (木野 薫 Kino Kaoru) was Another Agito (アナザーアギト Anazā Agito), a character in the Kamen Rider Series installment, Kamen Rider Agito. He was the first Rider in the Heisei Era TV Series to feature a grasshopper motif.
He was a surgical genius, but an accident on a snowy mountain range would ruin his career and claimed the life of his younger brother, Masato. The incident left his right arm with severe frostbite, which ultimately had to be amputated. Ironically, surgeons would replace Kino's arm with that of his deceased brother. The traumatic event would have long-standing ramifications on his psychological and emotional health that would last for years.
Kino would eventually find himself involved in the incident aboard the “Akatsuki” and were among those individuals awakened by the OverLord of Light. Over time, his powers would mature, enabling him to transform into "Another Agito". Unfortunately, this power would further escalate Kino's manic mental state into grandiose delusions, becoming convinced that he alone could defeat the Lord threat. His delusions ultimately motivated him to try and eliminate Shouichi Tsugami, the primary Kamen Rider Agito. Though the actions of his brother's arm would occasionally interfere, it wasn't until his defeat at the hands of Kamen Rider Exceed Gills that Kino became humbled. From that point on, he would aid the other Riders, even after the Overlord stole his power.
He later performed a small surgery on Shouichi in attempt to remove the quill of Ericius Liquor from his body, during this Kino admitted that he had become corrupted not because of the Agito Seed, but rather his own weakness as a human being. After that Kino was able to recover his power thanks to Shouichi and help the group defeat the Ericius Liquor. After the fight, Kino goes with both Majima and Ryo for a cup of coffee, and encourages Majima that he can become a Doctor before finally dying from the injuries sustained by Falco earlier. However he died with a smiling face, after dreaming of being able to save his brother during the snow-mountain accident.
Appearances in other media
S.I.C. Hero Saga
Kamen Rider Agito: Heaven's Door
Another Agito and Exceed Gills appeared to Hikawa's aid when he was attacked by an Agito and a dog-type Unknown but they were easily getting defeated. Luckily Agito/Shouichi Tsugami finally shown up. The real identity of this Agito was Shouichi Maguichi, who was crazed after being blamed for cheating on the programs for using a hidden camera during his childhood. Wanting to cure his sick mind he worshipped the Dog Orphnoch/Dog Lord and was told to feed on the despair of the public. After Agito and the others killed the Dog Lord/Orphnoch, Maguchi/Agito transformed into Mirage Agito out of rage. In a fight with Kamen Riders Agito and Gills, despite gaining the upper hand he was defeated by the strategized use of the Shining Caliber and a Shining Rider Kick. Maguichi was then arrested and was given an unspecified treatment.
Kamen Sentai Gorider
Kino was one of the dead Riders who existed in the game world created by Kuroto Dan as part of the latter's plan to revive himself using the despair of dead Kamen Riders. Initially suspecting Emu Hojo/Kamen Rider Ex-Aid to be the one behind this scheme, he later assists Ex-Aid alongside Kamen Riders Baron, Marika, Lazer, as well as the real Blade who is still alive after Kuroto Dan was revealed to be posing as Blade earlier on. He along with the three other deceased Riders would later sacrifice themselves to eliminate Kuroto once and for all as Ex-Aid and Blade escaped the game world.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Battle Rush
Kamen Rider Another Agito appears as a playable and support character in the video game Kamen Rider Battle Rush using Assault Kick.
- Rider Height: 200 cm
- Rider Weight: 97 kg
- Punching Power: 15 t
- Kicking Power: 30 t
- Assault Kick: 40 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 70 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 5 seconds
- Vision: Approx. 25 km
- Hearing: Approx. 30 km
- Defense: 7/10
Kino transforms into a twisted and grotesque version of Agito. Despite having access to only one form, Another Agito has excess to incredible strength and agility, exceeding Agito' Trinity Form. Similarly to Gills, Another Agito can open his faceplate to reveal a pair of jaws.
- Ank Point: The unique transformation belt Kino Kaoru uses to transform into Another Agito. It's worn around waist and channels the "Alter Force". Houses Kino's Seed of Agito.
- Wiseman’s Stone: A relic fitted into the Ank Point.
- Typhoon: Is the belt of the Goriders, which has a similar appearance to the Typhoon of the original Double Riders.
Behind the scenes
In Yutaka Izubuchi's early design comments, one of the conceptual titles for Another Agito was called Kamen Rider Rudež (仮面ライダールデス Kamen Raidā Rudesu).
- Mido-Rider's design is a hybrid based on Midorenger of the Gorengers and Kamen Rider New 2.
- As the green, Mido-Rider's helmet shares the same shade of green as those of the Double Riders' iconic costumes.
- "Another Agito" is actually the short for Another Kamen Rider Agito. However, this name was faded out with times and he is now generally referred as "Kamen Rider without the title in the name".
- Another Agito is the first Rider to have any additional clothing (in this instance, skirting) hanging from his body since Kamen Rider ZX (the last protagonist Kamen Rider to wear a scarf).
- Additionally, the proportions of Another Agito's face was designed to resemble that of Kamen Rider 1, which is why he bares his teeth when charging up his kick.
- According to the information provided by Heisei Kamen Rider 20 Official Site, Kino's Rider appearance is different depending on the person. For example, Another Agito appeared to be the same as Shoichi's Agito form with Makoto Hikawa/Kamen Rider G3 looking at him because Makoto has a "pure heart".
- Keeping with Agito's homages to the older Kamen Rider Series, Kaoru Kino is very similar to Joji Yuki (Riderman) from Kamen Rider V3, which was the second series of the Showa era and overall franchise just as Agito is the second series of the Heisei era. Both are initially antagonistic Riders who appear later on in the series, they also had a vaguely similar backstory and fate. They were both surgeons, Yuki had been a Destron Scientist, and both suffered damage to their right arm requiring a replacement, Kino would die due to fighting the Lords while Yuki seemingly sacrificed himself to stop Destron's plot. Another Agito is also the fourth Rider in the Agito series following Agito, G3, and Gills, just as Riderman is the fourth Kamen Rider following V3 and the Double Riders #1 and #2.
- Another Agito resembles Kamen Rider Amazon (Colour Scheme) and Kamen Rider Shin (Teeth and other monstrous features; though Another Agito has them on minor levels).
- Kaoru Kino is the first Heisei Rider who dies on-screen, though his death is predated by that of Yukina Sawaki, who dies before the start of the TV series.
- A new suit for Another Agito was made for his reappearance in Kamen Sentai Gorider due to the original one being damaged by oxidation and corrosion.
- Koji Majima - User of Kamen Rider Another Agito powers, in S.I.C. Hero Saga.
- Shuichi Kitaoka - Kamen Rider Zolda and first user of Mido-Rider powers in Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Chou Super Hero Taisen
- Another Agito - the Another Rider version of Kamen Rider Agito in Kamen Rider Zi-O.
|Kamen Rider Agito|
|Shouichi Tsugami - Makoto Hikawa - Ryo Ashihara - Kaoru Kino - Shiro Mizuki (Movie Exclusive)|
|Mana Kazaya - Professor Yoshihiko Misugi - Taichi Misugi - Dr. Higashi Kunieda|
|Tokyo Police Department|
|SAUL Team: Sumiko Ozawa - Takahiro Omuro|
|Police: Toru Hojo|
|The Akatsuki Survivors|
|Tomoko Miura - Saeko Shinohara - Aki Sakaki - Katsuhiko Sagara - Masumi Sekiya - Koji Majima - Jun Tachibana - Masahide Takashima - Kazuo Ashihara|
|The Els: El of the Water - El of the Wind - El of the Ground|
|Jaguar Lords - Tortoise Lords - Snake Lords - Crow Lords - Zebra Lords -Jackal Lords - Bee Lords - Stingray Lords - Fish Lords - Lizard Lords - Ant Lords|
|View • [Edit]|