|This article is about a movie in Kamen Rider, the original series.|
Kamen Rider vs. Shocker (仮面ライダー対ショッカー, Kamen Raidā tai Shokkā) is the second movie based on the original Kamen Rider series. It is the first film not to be an adaptation of an episode, but rather have its own storyline.
Professor Daidōji (大道寺博士, Daidōji Hakase) has developed a gravity machine called the GX Device. Unfortunately, Shocker wants it; so they attack the professor and destroy his laboratory, but come home empty-handed. Shocker's agents find out that the plans for the GX Device are with Daidōji's daughter, who is celebrating her birthday. Now the Kamen Riders, along with FBI agent Kazuya Taki, must protect Daidōji's daughter and prevent Shocker from obtaining the plans.
to be added
Continuity and Placement
- This movie was released in theaters on the same day episode 51 of Kamen Rider was broadcast on TV, and fits between episodes 51 and 52. Unicornos first appeared in episode 51 and Hayato Ichimonji/Kamen Rider 2 leaves Japan for South America at the end of episode 52.
|Kamen Rider 1||Takeshi Hongo|
|Kamen Rider 2||Hayato Ichimonji|
- Revived Kaijin
- Revived Kaijin - Jigoku Valley's Kaijin Army
- Revived Kaijin - Jigoku Valley's ambush Kaijin Army: The following Kaijin appeared as members of the Kaijin Army, even announcing their names. However, after the initial ambush failed, they left and did not return later.
- Takeshi Hongo / Kamen Rider 1: Hiroshi Fujioka
- Hayato Ichimonji / Kamen Rider 2: Takeshi Sasaki
- Kazuya Taki: Jiro Chiba
- Dr. Shinigami: Hideyo Amamoto
- Yuri: Wakako Oki
- Emi: Emily Takami
- Mika: Yuko Sugibayashi
- Goro: Yasuharu Miura
- Odori Daido: Hajime Izu
- Ano's assistant: Hiroyuki Miya
- Tamami Daidoji: Hiroko Saito
- Goro's classmate: Mitsuomi Ishihara
- to be added
- This is the first instance of Takeshi using the iconic pose to transform into Kamen Rider 1. Unlike his later appearances, however, he merely shouts "Henshin!" instead of "Rider Henshin!".
- Footage from this movie, depicting Takeshi Hongo and Hayato Ichimonji transforming, was reused in Five Riders vs. Kingdark (1974).
- Kamen Rider vs. Shocker was originally released on VHS and Laserdisc on April 21, 2000.
- Kamen Rider: The Movie DVD Volume 1 features Go Go Kamen Rider, Kamen Rider vs. Shocker and Kamen Rider vs. Jigoku Taishi.
- Kamen Rider: The Movie Blu-ray Volume 1 features Kamen Rider vs. Shocker, Kamen Rider vs. Jigoku Taishi, Kamen Rider V3 vs. Destron Mutants & Five Riders vs. Kingdark.
- Kamen Rider vs. Shocker is included in the Kamen Rider THE MOVIE 1972-1988 4K Remaster Box.